I discovered something about Fondmetal

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
Waris

I discovered something about Fondmetal

Post by Waris »

Well I'll be.
Look what I just found: http://pitlane.gr/index.php/en/afieromata/cars/item/257-fondmetal-gr-01

I had no idea, but it seems that after the Fondmetal F1 team folded after the 1992 season, Ranieri Randaccio (bless him) bought one of its GR01 cars and converted it to a single-seater Can-Am prototype, re-dubbed the FG01, and not only raced it in the Interseries championship, but apparently with great success as well!

Did anyone else know this? I'm sure it wasn't on the Fondmetal team profile, otherwise I would've known.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Ciaran

Re: I discovered something about Fondmetal

Post by Ciaran »

Yeah, quite a few ex-F1 cars have ended up in Interserie. A quick look tells me that was taken from the 1995 Interserie race at Most in the Czech Republic, which also featured a Jordan 191, a Footwork FA12 & FA13 and a Minardi M190.
Manager of Calsonic Team Impul in Formula E, K-Apex in PES & Eurasian F3 and Mitsuoka in Alt-F1 '76.
My career mode thread - 1988: AGS (19pts, 9th) // 1989: Arrows (25pts, 8th, 1 win!)
You'll never DNF if you always DNPQ. #RollSafe
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: I discovered something about Fondmetal

Post by Nuppiz »

Your memory serves you wrong, because that definitely was included in the article. :badoer:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"