RIP Tim Parnell and Mike Taylor

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
Bobby Doorknobs

RIP Tim Parnell and Mike Taylor

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Tim Parnell, son of British motorsport legend Reg Parnell, team principal of Reg Parnell Racing after his father's death, team manager of BRM in their final days of glory, vice president of the BRDC and, of course, sometime Formula 1 driver, has passed away aged 84: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... l-19322017

EDIT: Rather than open a new thread, I've also discovered that Mike Taylor, one of several unfortunate victims of the 1960 Belgian Grand Prix (though he was fortunate to survive and even successfully sued Lotus for the car failure that resulted in his accident) has also passed away yesterday, just three weeks short of his 83rd birthday.

RIP to both. Quite a few British drivers from that generation leaving us at the moment, it seems. Then again, they are reaching that age.

This also means that there are at most 16 drivers left alive who attempted to qualify for a world championship Grand Prix in the 1950s (Indy aside, though there aren't many there either).
#FreeGonzo
Bleu

Re: RIP Tim Parnell and Mike Taylor

Post by Bleu »

Simtek wrote:This also means that there are at most 16 drivers left alive who attempted to qualify for a world championship Grand Prix in the 1950s (Indy aside, though there aren't many there either).

Indy including I have 23 in my list:
Moss, Carter, McAlpine, Barber, Herrmann, Marr, da Silva Ramos, Brooks, Cagle, Milhoux, Edmunds, Kavanagh, Ecclestone, Kessler, Goldsmith, Foyt, d'Orey, Liguori, Gurney, Piper, Ashdown, Greene, Araujo de Cabral.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: RIP Tim Parnell and Mike Taylor

Post by Butterfox »

Bleu wrote:
Simtek wrote:This also means that there are at most 16 drivers left alive who attempted to qualify for a world championship Grand Prix in the 1950s (Indy aside, though there aren't many there either).

Indy including I have 23 in my list:
Moss, Carter, McAlpine, Barber, Herrmann, Marr, da Silva Ramos, Brooks, Cagle, Milhoux, Edmunds, Kavanagh, Ecclestone, Kessler, Goldsmith, Foyt, d'Orey, Liguori, Gurney, Piper, Ashdown, Greene, Araujo de Cabral.

I'd be willing to do an avatar bet that Ecclestone will be the last one standing of these.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!