Books about Rejects

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
dinizintheoven

Books about Rejects

Post by dinizintheoven »

So, I was idly browsing F1 Fanatic in the absence of anything better to do, and I found this:

"Stephen South: The Way It Was" reviewed

Does exactly what it says on the tin, a biography of the single-DNQ-and-then-single-legged McLaren substitute driver who everyone but us forgot.

I was sure there was a "Books about Rejects" thread before, containing some discussion about whether it's worth buying "Unraced" (which I did, and I think dr-baker did as well), but couldn't find it, so I made this one.

Also:
Everyone on this forum who hates Keith Collantine wrote:REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

There you go, I saved you the trouble.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
tommykl

Re: Books about Rejects

Post by tommykl »

It has already been brought up very many times, but I can't recommend Duncan Hamilton's 'Touch Wood' enough. It's filled with brilliant stories and anecdotes about him and other rejects, also serving as a great source about what motorsport was like in the 1950s.

Buy it buy it buy it.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:
I was sure there was a "Books about Rejects" thread before, containing some discussion about whether it's worth buying "Unraced" (which I did, and I think dr-baker did as well), but couldn't find it, so I made this one.

Voila! I do indeed have a copy of Unraced, and as I think you told me before (either on here or in real life), that book is brilliant for its images/photos.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Right, so I was looking in the wrong forum! Anyway, mods, let's keep it all together:

MERGE "threads"

(The correct response to this, incidentally, is: 0 OK, 0:1)
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:Right, so I was looking in the wrong forum! Anyway, mods, let's keep it all together:

MERGE "threads"

(The correct response to this, incidentally, is: 0 OK, 0:1)

It's what the quick search box at the top is for. ;)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA