A Grand Prix Rejects interview with Ibrar Malik

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
Londoner

A Grand Prix Rejects interview with Ibrar Malik

Post by Londoner »

Hi everyone

Two new articles in a fortnight? What's going on in GP Rejects land? As many of you may be aware, forum member ibsey has spent most of the last few years meticulously researching and writing a book on the controversial and tragic 1994 F1 season, a watershed moment in many ways. Inspired by our own forum, ibsey's book was published last year by Performance Publishing and has been very well received to date.

Our very own dr-baker managed to bag an interview with ibsey last year, which in typical GP Rejects fashion we have finally managed to publish several months later! Read it here.

A Grand Prix Rejects Author: An Interview with Ibrar Malik
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
ibsey

Re: A Grand Prix Rejects interview with Ibrar Malik

Post by ibsey »

Firstly thanks to the very nice dr-baker (& East Londoner) for publishing that interview. That interview is so out of date a couple of points to mention. Firstly the print book has been reduced from £29 to £23 to help overcome any boredom people are facing whilst in "lockdown". Here are just some of the reviews it has been getting; http://www.1994f1.com/sample-page/

Secondly the audiobook is now out as well; https://play.google.com/store/audiobook ... AEDMpXflqM Again this has been reduced in price because of Cov-19.

Apologies I've barely posted here in recent years, after releasing that book I've been snowed under with the audiobook. Then writing F1 blogs like this charting the final death nail in Lotus which you guys might enjoy; http://www.1994f1.com/2020/04/01/monza- ... st-hurrah/

Also just released a follow up book (which was alluded to in that interview). It charts how Team Lotus went from being regular front runners to F1 reject wannabes by 1989. If that sounds like something of interest here's a link to the ebook version https://www.amazon.co.uk/Team-Lotus-Bey ... brar+Malik

And a link to the paperback version: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B087L72WJQ? ... _397514860

Both links include a free sample and I've just released that second book in the last week, so hope to post here more regularly now. Happy reading guys :)
Last edited by ibsey on 26 Apr 2020, 06:18, edited 4 times in total.
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting 1994.

Pre order it here; www.performancepublishing.co.uk/1994-th ... eason.html

The book's website; www.1994f1.com/
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

East Londoner, do you think we could add these updates to the article on the website please? Not everyone who sees that article will also see this. Thank you!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Edits duly made. :)
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

East Londoner wrote:Edits duly made. :)

Thank you.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

My copy of 1994 arrived today. Looking forward to reading it.
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

Enforcer wrote:My copy of 1994 arrived today. Looking forward to reading it.

Hope you like it, and feel free to post your honest review of it here. If your ever in Yorkshire, do let me know and I'll happily sign the book for you (for free :) )

Just completed another interview with dr-baker over my latest offering a book exploring Lotus' decline. Since I love this forum so much I gave dr-baker a few exclusives. Including how Lotus and Onyx both had something in common in 1989 that on other team had.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

ibsey wrote:
Enforcer wrote:My copy of 1994 arrived today. Looking forward to reading it.

Hope you like it, and feel free to post your honest review of it here. If your ever in Yorkshire, do let me know and I'll happily sign the book for you (for free :) )

Just completed another interview with dr-baker over my latest offering a book exploring Lotus' decline. Since I love this forum so much I gave dr-baker a few exclusives. Including how Lotus and Onyx both had something in common in 1989 that on other team had.

It's in East Londoner's hands to publish, but it looks like this lockdown has released some others to also produce articles for the website that are in the pipeline ahead of this (or so EL tells me!).
MCard LOLA
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Hi everyone

As dr-baker alluded to a few months ago, ibsey has since written and published a second Formula One-themed book, this time charting the decline of Team Lotus in the 1980s. They have kindly provided us with a second interview which has just gone live on the website. You can read it here today!

A Grand Prix Rejects Author Redux - a second interview with Ibrar Malik
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

East Londoner wrote:Hi everyone

As dr-baker alluded to a few months ago, ibsey has since written and published a second Formula One-themed book, this time charting the decline of Team Lotus in the 1980s. They have kindly provided us with a second interview which has just gone live on the website. You can read it here today!

A Grand Prix Rejects Author Redux - a second interview with Ibrar Malik

Thanks once again both to dr-baker and East Londoner for getting this sorted. Just a quick note to say that is an exclusive interview (no-one else has interviewed me over that Lotus book yet). Also it has been receiving great reviews on amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Team-Lotus-Bey ... VZ4E7284XC

I'll drop you guys a note when the 90-95 book is ready.