Michael Waltrip Sues Williams

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Cynon

Michael Waltrip Sues Williams

Post by Cynon »

Source

Michael Waltrip Racing has filed a lawsuit against Mike Coughlan and the Williams team over the former's hiring as chief engineer, claiming breach of contract and interference from the Formula 1 team.

Court documents of the suit filed in North Carolina seen by AUTOSPORT claim Coughlan, who worked at Michael Waltrip Racing as director of vehicle design from October 2010, had a contract with the NASCAR outfit until November 30 2012 but informed the team he was terminating the deal in April, allegedly breaching his contract.

---

I only posted this because I really find the idea of a fail NASCAR driver/team owner suing an equally soulless F1 team amusing.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Re: Michael Waltrip Sues Williams

Post by WeirdKerr »

oh dear.....
Rocks with Salt

Post by Rocks with Salt »

Oh dear Lord... Michael Waltrip, mind your own business! Ugh...
...in bed.

1998 Monaco GP wrote:Murray Walker: A lot of people here are really debating if Riccardo Rosset is Formula 1 material.
Martin Brundle: Well, that's a fairly short debate, Murray.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Let it go Mr. Waltrip. It's not worth it.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

I thought Michael Waltrip stopped being a NASCAR driver anyway, Coughlan not needed.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Cynon wrote: equally soulless F1 team amusing.

That is a very good statement for MWR.
billy

Post by billy »

Williams say they haven't received any notice of legal action:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93156
Download my album! Free!
http://www.billyandthewomen.com
mario

Post by mario »

billy wrote:Williams say they haven't received any notice of legal action:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93156

Hmm, peculiar - Joe Saward has recently put up a post containing a link to the legal documents Waltrip has submitted - perhaps Williams and Coughlan have not received any notification yet because the legal action was started in North Carolina (i.e the formal notification has not yet been delivered)? http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2011/07/ ... lan-et-al/
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Waris

Post by Waris »

I have to admit I kind of lol'd at this. Ten years ago you never heard a thing about NASCAR, and now their drivers are suing F1 teams?? Seriously?!
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Waris wrote:I have to admit I kind of lol'd at this. Ten years ago you never heard a thing about NASCAR, and now their drivers are suing F1 teams?? Seriously?!

Since Montoya demonstrated how difficult it is to cut in the NASCAR grid and win races people grew a bit of respect (Not that Montoya was a F1 great but he was considered a very fast driver...). It is perhaps now time for NASCAR teams to battle with the big fish. One day we even might have a Michael Waltrip F1 Racing team! :lol:
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Pepsibottle1

Post by Pepsibottle1 »

DanielPT wrote:
Waris wrote:I have to admit I kind of lol'd at this. Ten years ago you never heard a thing about NASCAR, and now their drivers are suing F1 teams?? Seriously?!

Since Montoya demonstrated how difficult it is to cut in the NASCAR grid and win races people grew a bit of respect (Not that Montoya was a F1 great but he was considered a very fast driver...). It is perhaps now time for NASCAR teams to battle with the big fish. One day we even might have a Michael Waltrip F1 Racing team! :lol:

Oh no..... just no.

The day MWR fields a F1 team will be the day where hell freezes over and I become world champion. Scary thought indeed, and one I wish not to think about.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Well he should try and put his house in order before complaining about someone else :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

It's all been sorted. And Frank Williams gets a trip to a NASCAR race out of it!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

dr-baker wrote:It's all been sorted. And Frank Williams gets a trip to a NASCAR race out of it!

He might even spot talent on top of it, like that bloke called Juan Montoya... Oh, wait...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.