Rantbox

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Cynon

Re: Rantbox

Post by Cynon »

WeirdKerr wrote:Dear Pirelli why did you buy Bridgestone's tires...

Fixed.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
RainierSassetti

Post by RainierSassetti »

Dear FiA, why is an aero arms race any d*mn f*cking better than an engine one, or any other arms race? :(
You may politely eat my corporal fluids.
Regards,
Peter

Post by Peter »

Dear FIA, you are turning F1 into a Spec series that's organized by the Environmental Protection Agency. Loosen up the engine rules PLEASE, and screw saving money, F1 costs are fine enough at the moment, and who is it harming other than the new teams, who will eventually grow in size as well. Can someone please throw papayas at Jean Todt at the next race, and every race after until 2014?
"The FIA's implementation of penalties is about as effective as that of the English football team."
Frentzen127

Post by Frentzen127 »

It annoys me a little that Pedro de la Rosa is referred to as de la Rosa instead of Martínez which would be the proper way to refer to him as per traditional custom. Nobody refers to or would even recognise a certain Juan Pablo Roldán, Sergio Mendoza, or a Pastor Rafael Motta. They are awesome alternatives though.
DEPORTIVO CA... pfft hahaha can't say that with a straight face!
Misses Minardi dearly. :(
RAK

Post by RAK »

Frentzen127 wrote:It annoys me a little that Pedro de la Rosa is referred to as de la Rosa instead of Martínez which would be the proper way to refer to him as per traditional custom. Nobody refers to or would even recognise a certain Juan Pablo Roldán, Sergio Mendoza, or a Pastor Rafael Motta. They are awesome alternatives though.

Probably his choice. Haven't a few other drivers defied the normal conventions when it comes to Spanish/Portuguese names? Ayrton Senna's given last name in racing was the maternal surname.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

RAK wrote:
Frentzen127 wrote:It annoys me a little that Pedro de la Rosa is referred to as de la Rosa instead of Martínez which would be the proper way to refer to him as per traditional custom. Nobody refers to or would even recognise a certain Juan Pablo Roldán, Sergio Mendoza, or a Pastor Rafael Motta. They are awesome alternatives though.

Probably his choice. Haven't a few other drivers defied the normal conventions when it comes to Spanish/Portuguese names? Ayrton Senna's given last name in racing was the maternal surname.

Explain???
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

WeirdKerr wrote:
RAK wrote:

Explain???

Well, his full name is Ayrton Senna da Silva. In Iberian cultures (and those influenced by it), the surname of a person is a combination of both the mother's and the father's surname with the father's surname being the commonly used one when not using the full surname which was and is not done by Ayrton Senna and Pedro De La Rosa, whom's maternal surnames are far more known.
dnhrudi

Post by dnhrudi »

Well, his full name is Ayrton Senna da Silva. In Iberian cultures (and those influenced by it), the surname of a person is a combination of both the mother's and the father's surname with the father's surname being the commonly used one when not using the full surname which was and is not done by Ayrton Senna and Pedro De La Rosa, whom's maternal surnames are far more known.[/quote]

Ditto Portugese F3 hotshoe António José Simões da Costa, and a number of others. There were some that dropped thier mothers name such as Luis Perez Sala and Alex Diaz Ribeiro. De la Rosa dropped the Martinez when he went to race in Japan, he used his full name in GB F3. The one that always intrigued me was Gugelmin, wasnt his birth name Gugliemli or something like that?
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

The thing with Brazilians is though, they got the most ridiculous names EVER anyway. It's most obvious in Football, luckily 9 out of 10 of them use a artist name.
You'd have to be rather well versed to know who Edison Arantes do Nascimento, Luís Nazário de Lima, Ronaldo de Assis Moreira, Vítor Borba Ferreira, Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite or Nélson de Jesus Silva are.

(For those not versed in football, they are Pele, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Kaka and Dida respectively)

And to be honest, Ayrton Da Silva just doesn't have the same ring as Ayrton Senna imo.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Well, I am quite surprised at your understanding of the Iberian and South American cultures! It is good to see! :)
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

News International.

BSkyB.

Murdoch.

Sky Sports.

Bernie.

Money.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

shinji wrote:News International.

BSkyB.

Murdoch.

Sky Sports.

Bernie.

Money.

Meanwhile, at Ecclestone's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJOjTNuuEVw
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

RAK wrote:

The same thing applies to Nelson Piquet (father), whose name is Nelson Piquet Sottomayor (according to some sources, Souto Maior).
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Frentzen127

Post by Frentzen127 »

If you notice, however, the names I mentioned in my post were only in Spanish Language. I am aware of the portuguese custom, and a fairly common one it is too. In contrast, we rarely seem to do so in spanish, which is why I mentioned it in the first place. :)
DEPORTIVO CA... pfft hahaha can't say that with a straight face!
Misses Minardi dearly. :(
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

I hate how my job has made it nigh-impossible to follow Formula One, and I fear that will probably be true for the foreseeable future.

This world is cruel.
Peter

Post by Peter »

thehemogoblin wrote:I hate how my job has made it nigh-impossible to follow Formula One, and I fear that will probably be true for the foreseeable future.

This world is cruel.

Being a moderator on F1Rejects makes it impossible to follow Formula 1? :lol:
"The FIA's implementation of penalties is about as effective as that of the English football team."
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Peter wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:I hate how my job has made it nigh-impossible to follow Formula One, and I fear that will probably be true for the foreseeable future.

This world is cruel.

Being a moderator on F1Rejects makes it impossible to follow Formula 1? :lol:

I have a real life that has dramatically encroached upon my ability to hang out on the Internet all the time.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Hulkenberg + F1 = GET OUT!
Hulkenberg + IndyCar = YES!
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Rocks with Salt

Post by Rocks with Salt »

Cynon wrote:Hulkenberg + F1 = GET OUT!
Hulkenberg + IndyCar = YES!

U SERIUZ? When did that happen?
...in bed.

1998 Monaco GP wrote:Murray Walker: A lot of people here are really debating if Riccardo Rosset is Formula 1 material.
Martin Brundle: Well, that's a fairly short debate, Murray.
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Rumour in german media that he won't be a test driver anymore. Either he gets a seat in 2012, or he will look for Le Mans, IndyCar or DTM.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Myrvold wrote:Rumour in german media that he won't be a test driver anymore. Either he gets a seat in 2012, or he will look for Le Mans, IndyCar or DTM.

Since this is the rantbox: nope!

There will be barely anyone from F1 going to DTM next year. DTM for next year is virtually a full flight. If I had to say a number, there are - at best - three new seats available. So, fellas, stop claiming people will look for a DTM drive.
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Klon wrote:
Myrvold wrote:Rumour in german media that he won't be a test driver anymore. Either he gets a seat in 2012, or he will look for Le Mans, IndyCar or DTM.

Since this is the rantbox: nope!

There will be barely anyone from F1 going to DTM next year. DTM for next year is virtually a full flight. If I had to say a number, there are - at best - three new seats available. So, fellas, stop claiming people will look for a DTM drive.

Well, u are German not me! :P
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Myrvold wrote:Well, u are German not me! :P

Yes, indeed, I am one of ze Germans and I demand Ordnung! :mrgreen:
RainierSassetti

Post by RainierSassetti »

You know, why not Pedro Martinez?
There is another (well-known) one. (In North America at least)
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

RainierSassetti wrote:

You know, why not Pedro Martinez?
There is another (well-known) one. (In North America at least)

Love me some Pedro changeups.
stupot94

Post by stupot94 »

Dear FIA

Arghhhhh

Thank You
Say your prayers, here comes the Pastor
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

stupot94 wrote:Dear FIA

Arghhhhh

Thank You

Well said, stupot.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
stupot94

Post by stupot94 »

JeremyMcClean wrote:
stupot94 wrote:Dear FIA

Arghhhhh

Thank You

Well said, stupot.

I just needed to get it out there. I would have just sounded weird if I did it in my living room
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Not sure where I posted it, but I do remember suggesting on this board or somewhere else to ditch the hards since nobody was using it until the second-last lap..

My words have been mouthed
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Peter

Post by Peter »

It's because of Pirelli ditching the hard tyres that people are accusing Pirelli of being biased to Ferrari. I disagree, because everyone disliked the hard tyres, saying that they had too little grip, and didn't even last long. Yes, it will certainly favour Ferrari, as they struggled on the hards the most of anyone, but I hate when people always play the "Blame Ferrari" card whenever a rule change arises without thinking of the actual problems or potential problems of whatever rule it may be.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

So, you take both participants in an accident which was a bit rough, even ended one driver's race - although said driver was cool about it - and slap three places grid penalty on both of them, regardless of fault?

Screw you, DTM stewards...
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Well, to rant about it, you have to care about it. And that is impossible in todays DTM... It sucks.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Myrvold wrote:Well, to rant about it, you have to care about it. And that is impossible in todays DTM... It sucks.

Obveeeously, I care about it.

Yeah, only because of Ralf Schumacher - deal with it!
stupot94

Post by stupot94 »

Klon wrote:
Myrvold wrote:Well, to rant about it, you have to care about it. And that is impossible in todays DTM... It sucks.

Obveeeously, I care about it.

Yeah, only because of Ralf Schumacher - deal with it!

Ralf Schumacher is shite
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

stupot94 wrote:Ralf Schumacher is shite

HRTers gonna HRTe.
mario

Post by mario »

Peter wrote:It's because of Pirelli ditching the hard tyres that people are accusing Pirelli of being biased to Ferrari. I disagree, because everyone disliked the hard tyres, saying that they had too little grip, and didn't even last long. Yes, it will certainly favour Ferrari, as they struggled on the hards the most of anyone, but I hate when people always play the "Blame Ferrari" card whenever a rule change arises without thinking of the actual problems or potential problems of whatever rule it may be.

Thank you - this season, the current hard tyre compound has been an abysmal failure, and Pirelli know it has been a failure, because the balance between outright pace and tyre wear is too far out. It just doesn't have the durability that it needs to make it viable over a long stint, and the current mediums are a far better compromise - besides, most of the upcoming tracks do not have especially abrasive surfaces, so the medium tyres will be more than adequate anyway.

Sadly, though, it seems that nothing in Formula 1 can happen without somebody asking if Ferrari are behind it - it's not as if they don't have any influence, but some commentators, who'd normally be completely rational and methodical, will hyperbolically blame Ferrari for just about every problem, real and imagined, in the sport today, even where there is clear evidence that others have been involved.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
stupot94

Post by stupot94 »

Klon wrote:
stupot94 wrote:Ralf Schumacher is shite

HRTers gonna HRTe.

I always seem to be walking behind HRTers
1993DonningtonNo1

Post by 1993DonningtonNo1 »

What's this? Williams trying to get rid of Rubinho? That better be a wild rumour or else!
stupot94

Post by stupot94 »

1993DonningtonNo1 wrote:What's this? Williams trying to get rid of Rubinho? That better be a wild rumour or else!

I thinks thats why there are riots
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

stupot94 wrote:
1993DonningtonNo1 wrote:What's this? Williams trying to get rid of Rubinho? That better be a wild rumour or else!

I thinks thats why there are riots

I thought the riots were because they were thinking about keeping Pastor Maldonado.