The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
noshpit

Reject of the Race - Italy

Post by noshpit »

I think that all the bitching about singapore last year should get it
Captain Hammer

Re: Reject of the Race - Italy

Post by Captain Hammer »

Too soon. We don't start Reject of the Race threads until after everyone has had a go, remember? Otherwise, there's nothing to talk about.

And the Singapore Incident shouldn't get it because a) it was a year ago and b) the bitching is somewhat justified if Renault intentionally caused an accident so their other driver could win.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Captain Hammer - glad to see someone's doing the unofficial thread policing round here...
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Captain Hammer wrote:Too soon. We don't start Reject of the Race threads until after everyone has had a go, remember? Otherwise, there's nothing to talk about.

Wise words. One of these days you'll get promoted to Major Hammer. ;)
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Also, I was under the impression that the Reject of the Race threads were my baby, if only because of the fact that I need something to quench my ego's thirst. But I didn't want to say anything.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Let's not go there again ;)
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Again, that's why I didn't say anyhttng.
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Thread locked for the next 24-36 hours or so until the track action at Monza gets underway ...
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Thread re-opened.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

My bet will be Red Bull. They're going in for a very safe program over Friday and Saturday to conserve Vettel's engines, and they're going to be very wary of Webber as well. But they'll effectively take themselves out of e championship race because it will give Button the opening he needs to romp away with it.
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Too early to say conclusively, but gee Fisichella is already putting his hand-up with a Badoer-like performance. Especially when Sutil is topping the times ... :lol:
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

Fisi will have a good opportunity to embarrass himself in front of the Tifosi... :mrgreen: Especially when that Force India appears to be faster than the Ferrari...
An animator that happens to love racing... :)
http://lostpin.net
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Red Bull for deliberately running the least laps for better reliablity, only for Webber to have an electrical failure.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Titçe contenders is a great candidate, so far. KERS-nay-sayers is up there as well.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Those who moaned about the new kerbs get my vote at this point, mainly Timo Glock.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 1646.shtml
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

Ferrari - for sacking the Monza record holder in favour of someone who's trundling around at the back anyway. But it is far far too early to call.
muttley

Post by muttley »

Fisichella, for a ridiculous crash at the Parabolica :shock:
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

My nominations so far at the end of Q2 are Williams (since when did they start 17th and 18th?) and BMW Sauber ( I mean... 2 mechanical problems in the space of about 5 minutes is just embarrasing)
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Williams (noooooo!) and BMW are looking good!
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

I'm going to go for a more specific nomination of BMW engines. I'm fairly sure they would have been in Q3 without those failures.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

If Fisichella finishes behind both Force Indias, he'll be my pick for Reject of the Race :twisted:
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

Fisichella - for quite a lazy accident, and for following his heart instead of his head in going to Ferrari, and also denying Badoer of a chance to actually race at a circuit he holds the lap record at

BMW engines - self explanitory

Toro Rosso - Continually mired at the back with no sign of improvement

Rosberg/Williams - outqualified by Nakajima, and both of them are right down at the back

Grosjean - at a circuit where KERS was supposed to be such an advantage, he fails to make it into Q3, and was beaten by Liuzzi who hasn't driven an F1 car since November
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Fisichella, Williams, and BMW Sauber especially, are early candidates for reasons previously mentioned.

In defense of Grosjean, I think he's just pushing a bit too hard, and once he learns to control that, he will improve.

Also, I think the tension was palpable between Brundle and Legard in the commentary box today. Two parts made me laugh:

Legard: - Going on about BMWs engine failures and how it will effect potential buyers.
Brundle (cutting in): "Enough about engines and look at this."

Legard (after Brundle agrees with FIA corner-cutting penalties): "I bet with your hard-line approach, you'd have 30cm kerbs"
Brundle: "No, I'd install spears so that no one would cut the chicanes"
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

BMW for having the same engine problem in both cars.
Fisichella for crashing in FP3 then qualifying 14th.
Rosberg for being beaten by Nakajima
Toyota for yet again being completely unpredictable.

Image Image
Many Blue Flags

Post by Many Blue Flags »

BMW Engines
Also Known As 'Mr Two-Seconds-Off-The-Pace'

YAFUGGA BLOODY GAFUGGOV is all I say to you.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Fisichella for me - he must feel silly after Sutil put his FI 2nd. I also find it funny that he's gone from IIDOTR last race, to ROTR contender this race.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

Scuderia Toro Rosso without doubt...

...especially when you consider what happened a year ago.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

jackanderton wrote:Scuderia Toro Rosso without doubt...

...especially when you consider what happened a year ago.

"Today, we ended up where we deserved to be" - Giorgio Ascanelli
Says it all really.

Image Image
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

My guess is going to be Fisichella because of the fact that he got smoked by Liuzzi, made a dumb crash in practice, and a really bad decision on the track.
Jack O Malley

Post by Jack O Malley »

watka wrote:Fisichella, Williams, and BMW Sauber especially, are early candidates for reasons previously mentioned.

agree.
Sorry guys, I had a little outing.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

In fact, Brundle's comment was the even more marked, "I'm bored of BMW engines now..." or something similar.

Read: "I'm bored of you now, Jonathan." And so say we all.
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

Is Fisi the new Badoer? Hihi... :mrgreen:
An animator that happens to love racing... :)
http://lostpin.net
thalion

Post by thalion »

I think it's a testament to Rosberg's dominance that he's already being tipped for ROTR just because he got out-qualified by his teammate for once.
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

Valrys wrote:Fisichella - for quite a lazy accident, and for following his heart instead of his head in going to Ferrari, and also denying Badoer of a chance to actually race at a circuit he holds the lap record at

You think if Fisichella had said no, Badoer would be in that car? I find that very unlikely!
razta

Post by razta »

Title contenders - they're gonna make another hash of it.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Lewis Hamilton gets my vote.

This is why: when the fuel weights were released, Hamilton is on pole with seventeen laps of fuel on-board. Kovalainen, on the ther hand, is fourth, but with enough to go for twenty-nine laps. Kovalainen can go eight laps longer and might be able to do a single stop. Hamilton did a last-minute dash for pole, but is now forced to do two sops. So if he were in Kovalainen's position fuel-wise, he'd have a better chance of passing Raikkonen and Sutil rather than of defending is position for pole. But instead, he went for the first slot on the grid, and basically got himself into a better position on the grid, but a worse position for the race. Because Button and Barrichello can do a one-stop, while Kovalainen, Liuzzi, Alonso, Webber and Vettel might be able to pull it off depending on which tyres they start on and how harsh they are on them. Hamilton was in a good position atthe end of the session - about third or fourth - but went out and made an extra dash for pole. He got it, but it's going to be open season on World Champions tonight.

So for getting greedy for a pole position and restricting himself by being the lightest on the grid, Lewis Hamilton gets Reject of the Race
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Captain Hammer wrote:Lewis Hamilton gets my vote.

This is why: when the fuel weights were released, Hamilton is on pole with seventeen laps of fuel on-board. Kovalainen, on the ther hand, is fourth, but with enough to go for twenty-nine laps. Kovalainen can go eight laps longer and might be able to do a single stop. Hamilton did a last-minute dash for pole, but is now forced to do two sops. So if he were in Kovalainen's position fuel-wise, he'd have a better chance of passing Raikkonen and Sutil rather than of defending is position for pole. But instead, he went for the first slot on the grid, and basically got himself into a better position on the grid, but a worse position for the race. Because Button and Barrichello can do a one-stop, while Kovalainen, Liuzzi, Alonso, Webber and Vettel might be able to pull it off depending on which tyres they start on and how harsh they are on them. Hamilton was in a good position atthe end of the session - about third or fourth - but went out and made an extra dash for pole. He got it, but it's going to be open season on World Champions tonight.

So for getting greedy for a pole position and restricting himself by being the lightest on the grid, Lewis Hamilton gets Reject of the Race

And to add to that point in order to save his race he needs to pull out at over a second and a half a lap to make sure he doesn't get held up in his second stint and judging by qualifying times That's not going to happen
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

The only way I can see it possibly woring is if Hamilton runs the softer option tyre in his first stint to get them out of the way with. But since his rivals set just about every single fast lap on the harder primes, he's still going to be wide open. If I'm right, KERS won't offer any advantage at all; it will only equilise his times. And he'll be forced to use it in bursts coming out of slower corners rather than going for a hard burn out of the Parabolica before he gets to the line and then laying into it as soon as he's crossed it (which will leave him at his most vunlderable for almost two laps: the lap before he goes for hard burn and the lap that he finishes using it). To make his problems worse, I believe the kerbs have actually been lowered after the qualifying session when cars were being launched into the air for touching them. And the Brawns ride the kerbs far better than the McLarens.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Captain, make a post! The devil's eating your soul!

My ROTR so far is Toro Rosso. The first truly backmarker performance by anyone for a while.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

Paul Hayes wrote:
Valrys wrote:Fisichella - for quite a lazy accident, and for following his heart instead of his head in going to Ferrari, and also denying Badoer of a chance to actually race at a circuit he holds the lap record at

You think if Fisichella had said no, Badoer would be in that car? I find that very unlikely!

Well, I can always dream!