Perfect Season Calendar

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Ross Prawn

Perfect Season Calendar

Post by Ross Prawn »

OK, so having debated what tracks we might like to see, what would be you perfect set of tracks for a season.

Rules, no bollocks tracks like around the Vuanamatu volcano.

Track must have been used for F1 in the past, or be arguably convertible to F1.

My first stab:-

1. Australia - Bathurst
2. Malaysia - Sepang
3. China - Shanghai
4. Holland - Zandvoort
5. Monaco
6. San Marino - Imola
7. France - Le Mans
8. Britain - Brands Hatch
9. US1 - Laguna Seca
10.US2 - Indianapolis
11.Canada - Montreal
12. Germany - Old Hockenhiem
13. Italy - Monza
14. Belgium -Spa
15. Japan - Suzuka
16. That really neat new circuit in Argentina
17. Mexico City
18. Brazil - Interlagos

Ok, a couple of these break the rules slightly.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
PayasYouDNPQ

Re: Perfect Season Calender

Post by PayasYouDNPQ »

I seem to do these too often for my own good and every one comes up different. This was the most recent one I did:

1 Australia - Melbourne
2 USE West - Long Beach
3 San Marino - Imola
4 Spain - Barcelona
5 Monaco - Monte Carlo
6 USA East - Indianapolis
7 Canada - Montreal
8 France - Le Mans Bugatti until Flin-les-Mareaux is ready in 2011
9 Great Britain - Donington Park
10 Germany - Hockenheim/Nurburging alternating
11 Czech Republic - Brno
12 Europe - Valencia
13 Belgium - Spa-Francorchamps
14 Italy - Monza
15 Portugal - Algarve
16 Japan - Fuji/Suzuka alternating
17 Brazil - Interlagos

Obviously this was one of my more realistic attempts. I even had realitic 2010 dates set for this one. When I get back to the UK I'll see what else I had.
Teaching Australians about Rock Apes since 2005
ImissJORDAN

Post by ImissJORDAN »

R1 - Melbourne
R2 - Sepang
R3 - Shanghai
R4 - Abu Dhabi
R5 - Istanbul
R6 - Monte Carlo
R7 - Algarve
R8 - Nurburgring/Hockenheim alternating
R9 - Paris - I hate Magny Cours and Paris is in the pipeline.
R10 - Europe, alternating between various places so as to avoid visiting Barca, Valencia AND Hungary in the same year and getting 3 gauranteed boring GPs.
R11 - Montreal - always great
R12 - Silverstone
R13 - A1-Ring - there was talk of redeveloping it
R14 - Spa
R15 - Monza
R16 - Singapore - admit it, it was a great race, and a good track.
R17 - Pacific, (South Korea - also in the pipeline).
R18 - Suzuka
R19 - Interlagos - It's given us decent finales.

(R20 - Grand Prix of Ipswich. Yeah, you heard me.. :lol: )
Hill - 1998 Belgian Grand Prix, Frentzen - 1999 French Grand Prix, 1999 Italian Grand Prix, Fisichella - 2003 Brazilian Grand Prix
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Here's mine.

First part of the season will, as always, be the fly away race, which will consist of:

1. Austrailia - Albert Park. Melbourne has usually been a good start to the season, regularly having some fantastic racing.
2. Malaysia - Sepang is a pretty decent track, in my opinion, just so long as you don't try and hold it at stupid o'clock like Bernie tried to do this year.
3. South Africa - Kyalami. I've driven this in some games, and it seems to be quite an alright track.
4. China - Shanghai. Not the most brilliant of tracks, but great when it's wet.
5. Japan - Suzuka. Putting this race at the beginning so we don't have two races in the same country very close to each other in the calendar

Then we go through the first part of the European season, consisting of:

6. Spain - Jerez. Infinitely better than Barcelona.
7. Monaco - Monte Carlo. Well, it's a given.
8. Netherlands - Zandvoort. Another good track that can offer quite a bit of overtaking
9. Britain - Donington Park. Well, it is my favourite track.
10. France - Dijon-Prenois. I think this video says all that needs to be said.
11. Turkey - Istanbul. The best new track to come along in years.

Breaking from Europe, we have the return of the American leg.

12. Canadian GP - Ile Notre-Dame. Yes, the facilities are far too small for today's F1 teams. Yes, the track is falling apart. But the last two GP's there have been nothing short of brilliant, and the track's not life-threateningly dangerous, is it?
13. US GP - Watkins Glen/Laguna Seca. I couldn't decide which one to pick, so I decided to have it alternate between both.

Back to Europe for the second part of the season there:

14. Germany - Old Hockenheimring. One of the all-time best tracks in F1.
15. Czech Republic - Brno. A better track than the Hungasnoring in every way.
16. Italy - Mugello. Frankly, I find the racing at Monza to be rather dull. Even last year in the rain, all that sticks out in my mind is Fisichella wasting his 12th place grid slot. Mugello, on the other hand, has a nice, long, unbroken straight, with more a few proper corners.
17. Belgium - Spa. Another given.

And the final few to close the season:

18. Singapore - Singapore. A good track all around, save for that stupid chicane that caused so many problems last year.
19. Pacific - Fuji. I admit, I had my doubts about this track, but it is certainly one of the more entertaining GP's.
20. Brazil - Interlagos. Why fix what's not broken? It can certainly put on a good finale.

Yeah, I've probably gone one or two races beyond what's reasonable, but whatever. As for the A1-RIng, I think Dietrich Mateschitz has said it'll be DTM only for the foreseeable future. Which is a shame, as it was a brilliant track.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

I envisaged my ideal season as six blocks of three races, purely to make it easier to plan the season.

March
01 South Africa (Kylami)
02 Australia (Adelaide)
03 Malaysia (Sepang)

April-May
04 Portugal (Algarve)
05 Spain (Sevilla)
06 Italy (Monza)

May-June
07 Monaco (Monaco)
08 France (Flins-le-Mareux)
09 Britain (Silverstone)

July-(Early) August
11 San Marino (Imola)
12 Turkey (Istanbul)
13 Japan (Suzuka)

(Late) August-September
13 Germany (Nurburgring)
14 Holland (Zaandvoort)
15 Belgium (Spa)

October
16 Canada (Montreal)
17 USA (Long Beach)
18 Brazil (Interlagos)
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

I'll go for the world tour of F1, though some tracks may have less spectacularity than others.

Flying off to start the season...
1 - Australia, Eastern Creek. F1 Rejects can go race every year and we can all agree to that!
2 - Malaysia, Sepang. The track has some decent sections and usually produces good midgrid battles. Race start at 13.00 local time!
3 - Japan, Suzuka. One of the great Hugenholz designed circuits, great facilities and unique layout.

Coming back to Europe
4 - San Marino GP, Imola. Its just a straight shot from Rivazza to Tamburello now, nevermind the surreal atmosphere.
5 - Germany, Nurburgring. As much as I'd love to see the Nordschliefe, the Grand-Prix-Strecke produces good races with changable weather.
6 - Monaco, Circuit de Monaco. The crown's jewels. Alternatively, the dog's bollocks.
7 - France, Paul Ricard. Apparently they put up some small grandstands this year. Its already has the proper licenses and certification.
8 - Turkey, Istanbul. Tilke's one decent layout is a Turkish delight. Turn 8 really needs to get a name however.
9 - Great Britain, Silverstone. For all its slings and arrows, Silverstone is still a great track and mighty quick despite the Grandstand section.
10 - Czech Republic, Brno. It has some length, a quick first turn, and nice spectator areas.
11 - European GP, Le Mans. The 1967 French GP at Le Mans was a flop, but running the proper 24 Hours circuit in an F1 car would be wild.
12 - Italy, Monza. Monza has an aura about it. Its not a great place but since the Hockenheimring was mauled...
13 - Belgium, Spa-Francorchamps. A given.
14 - Portugal, Estoril. The first corner and second hairpin offer good passing areas. Superleague Formula had entertaining races there last year.

On the plane again...
15 - Canada, Montreal. Narrow and challenging but with a high top speed. Very hard on brakes and the circuit itself.
16 - United States, Daytona. Obviously they'd going to use the infield, but just think of F1 on the high banks, hopefully everybody survives.
17 - Brazil, Interlagos. The track layout offers a good mix for technical challenge.
18 - Pacific GP, Fuji. The track is not great but it always rains there and that's good enough.
19 - Oceanic GP, Adelaide. I don't need to comment on this one.

I'd give honourable mentions to Dubai (NOT Abu Dhabi), Donington, Mosport Park, Mexico City, A1-Ring, Road Atlanta, and the Hungaroring. Hey, any circuit that provides the debuts of both HWNSNBM and Nissanymania has to get credit.
Last edited by RejectSteve on 16 Apr 2009, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Alternate World Series (this wouldn't quite be possible with the speeds F1 runs, so just for the silliness of it, let's have what they call restrictor plates in NASCAR)
This alternate series won't get the F1 tracks because these all have exceeded their days per year limit of noise pollution already ;-)

1) South Africa: Kyalami
2) Australia: Bathurst a/k/a Mount Panorama (but please install SAFER barriers)
3) Japan: Aida a/k/a Okayama maybe alternating with Autopolis
4) Indonesia: Sentul (when A1GP was there, drivers were told not to get out of the car when ending up in the gravel trap because of the snakes - what a reject track!)
5) Arab Emirates: Dubai (the home of SpeedCar, maybe the home of this series as well?)
6) Spain: Jerez
7) Portugal: Estoril (yes, Portimao a/k/a Algarve is great and available, but the reverse corkscrew is more reject-worthy)
8) Canada: Mont Tremblant (SAFER required here, too, just as just about everywhere else)
9) USA East: Elkhart Lake a/k/a Road America
10) France: Pau
11) Britain: Oulton Park (hey if Bernie can go to Donington, we can go wherever we want ;-)
12) Netherlands: Zandvoort
13) Germany: Norisring (the new Nürburgring is OK, but after the deconstruction of Hockenheim, Germany is missing a unique circuit, so why not go for something hilarious here? Norisring is kind of the opposite of the Nordschleife, a real short track)
14) Czech Republic: Brno
15) Austria: Österreichring
16) Italy: Enna Pergusa
17) Europe: Circuito Ricardo Tormo Valencia
18) USA West: Laguna Seca
19) Mexico: Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez Mexico City
20) China: Macao (Chinese government might go so far as stealing land to widen the track in certain areas)

I tried fitting in there somewhere the Finnish round at Helsinki Thunder, but at 20 races already, even a fantasy series is rather busy. If there were enough space, I would have included Taupo, too.

I guess I have no idea what the cars for this series would look like. F3, anybody? ;-)
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

3) Japan: Aida a/k/a Okayama maybe alternating with Autopolis

Aida? That short, narrow twisty thing in the middle of nowhere? Odd choice...

Anyway, trying to be realistic:

1) Australia - Albert Park, Melbourne
2) Japan - Suzuka
3) Malaysia - Sepang
4) Singapore -Singapore

5) San Marino - Imola. Okay, they're not going to take the chicane out of Tamburello because it was a deathtrap, but they could leave the 2nd one (Tosa?) out.
6) European - Nurburgring.
7) Monaco - Monte Carlo street circuit.
8) France - Paul Ricard
9) Britain - Silverstone (I don't get the hate for this place)
10) Spain - Anywhere but Catalunya, even Valencia.
11) Germany - Old configuration of Hockenheim.
12) Belgium - Spa
13) Italian - Monza
14) Turkey - Istanbul
15) Abu Dhabi

16) US - Laguna Seca
17) Canada - I like Montreal as a track, just wish it'd stay in one piece
18) Mexico - Mexico City
19) Brazil - Interlagos

Unrealistically, I'd like to see:

Germany - Nurburgring Nordschlieffe. Too long and it can't actually be made entirely safe for modern F1.
Italian - Pescara road circuit. See above, and to boot, I don't know if the roads are still maintained...
Ireland - Mondello Park. Purely to see a race in my own county, Mondello being the only realistic location. However it'll never happen because the track's too narrow, too short and too twisty (I've been round it, it's not F1 material, and can't be made into F1 material), and also the shortest route to it off the motorway involves crossing a one lane bridge that I reckon is narrower than an F1 transporter (I barely got a Mazda RX7 through it).
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Here's my try:
First the fly-away races:
1. South Africa-Kyalami
2. Australia-Bathurst
3. Malaysia-Sepang
4. Brazil-Interlagos I always liked it earlier in the season

Then the European races pt.1:
5. Turkey-Istanbul
6. San Marino-Imola
7. Monaco
8. United Kingdom-Brands Hatch
9. Portugal-Portimao
10. Spain-Jerez and Barcelona alternate

The N. American leg:
11. USA-Indianapolis Don't think you can go anywhere else.
12. Canada-Montreal

Europe pt. 2
13. France-Paul Ricard
14. Germany-Nurburgring/ old Hockenheim (if available) alternating
15. Italy-Monza
16. Belguim-Spa
17.Europe-I'll go out on a limb and say, Zandvoort

Fly-aways again:
18. China-Shanghai The track is underrated
19. Japan-Suzuka Enough with this Fuji nonsense. Suzuka and its Figure 8 all the way!!
20. Pacific-Singapore I'm all for a street race at night that goes through a grandstand.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Here's my try:
The first flyaways:
1. Australian GP- Surfers Paridise
2. Malaysian GP- Sepang
3. Singapore GP- Marina Circuit
4. Asian GP- Mount Fuji

The European season:
5. Monaco GP
6. European GP- Alertnating between Hungaroring, Barcelona and Valencia
7. French GP- Paul Ricard
8. British GP- Brands Hatch (Manages to make A1GP "exciting" so what's the harm in going there? :P )
9. Turkish GP- Istanbul (This track is so underrated)

The US flyaways:
10. Canadian GP- Montreal
11. US GP- Long Beach

The return to Europe:
12. German GP- Alternating between Hockenhiemring and Nurburgring
13. Spanish GP- Jerez
14. Italian GP- Monza
15. Belgain GP- Spa Francorshaps
16. Scandinavian GP- Either an upgraded Anderstorp or a street circuit around either Copenhagen, Oslo or Stockholm

The last Flyaways:
17. Japanese GP- Suzuka
18. Chinese GP- Shanghai
19. Brazilian GP- Interlagos
20. Argentine GP- Buenos Aires
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Pedro_Diniz

Post by Pedro_Diniz »

Enforcer wrote:Ireland - Mondello Park. Purely to see a race in my own county, Mondello being the only realistic location. However it'll never happen because the track's too narrow, too short and too twisty (I've been round it, it's not F1 material, and can't be made into F1 material), and also the shortest route to it off the motorway involves crossing a one lane bridge that I reckon is narrower than an F1 transporter (I barely got a Mazda RX7 through it).

How about The Phoenix Park as a location? :lol: Plenty of potential with a nice, long straight and a twisty infield section around the Papal Cross.
Fitch

Post by Fitch »

Not sure about a complete Calender but, just to touch on some of the things that would be in it......

USA GP East and West.......The United States is Large enough that 2 GP's are Warranted....I would say Laguna Seca and Indy...

North American, European, Pacific/Australasian GPs.......Euro already exists..but Not in this Guise.....Basically these 3 GP's and possibly the South American GP as well....Are Traveling Races.....They would move from year to year, around a set number of tracks, and they wouldn't repeat in the same country in Consecutive years.....

Australian GP...Adelaide...

San Marino......Imola........I Simply do not understand this fallacy that Tamburello is/was a Dangerous Corner....Because Senna was killed there? Right off the top of my Head I can think of a handful of other corners at other Venues that have killed racers and yet haven't been touched.....Senna's Death was a freak accident nothing more.......Therefore I Say Restore Tamburello to it's Pre-1995 configuration....you can leave the Chicane at Tosa/Villeneuve in place.

I'm sure I've got other ideas as well....I'll post them when I figure them out....
Rentragmuab Tlosz!!!!!
Life w12

Post by Life w12 »

Here's what I think should be the F1 Calender
1-Australia-Melbourne
2-Malaysia-Sepang
3-China-Shanghai
4-Japan-Suzuka
5-Turkey-Istanbul
5-Spain-Jerez
6-Monte Carlo-Monaco (Ain't much of a choice)
7-Great Brittan-Alternating between Brands Hatch and Silverstone
8-France-Magni-Cours, I would like Paul Richard, but that has become nothing more than a test track
9-Germany-Hockingheimring pre 2002, duh :)
10-USA East-Watkins Glen
11-Canada- Mosport-Fast flowing circuit and is close to Toronto
12-Mexico-Circuito de Hermanos Rodriguez
13-Hungary-I haven't eaten in a while :D
14-Europe-Zandvoort, Donington Park, Nurburging rotation
15-Belgium-Spa
16-Italy-Monza, but only if they did the combined road course/oval like in Grand Prix
17-USA West-Long Beach
18-Argentine-Buenos Ares, but only if they used the fast layout
19-Brazil-Interlagos-If it ain't broke don't fix it
Of course this schedule will never fly with Eccelstone since half the schedule isn't raced in the Middle East
Goa

Post by Goa »

Might as well have a crack at this.
Also, hi, first post and all that...

1. Australia - Adelaide
2. Malaysia - Sepang
3. Japan - Suzuka
4. Turkey - Istanbul
5. San Marino - Imola
6. Monaco
7. Spain - Valencia (the MotoGP track, not the street circuit)
8. France - Paul Ricard
9. Britain - alternating between Brands Hatch and Donington
10. Germany - Old Hockenheim
11. Czech Republic - Brno (simply because you need one in Eastern Europe and I loathe the Hungaroring)
12. Belgium - Spa
13. Italy - Monza
14. US East - Watkins Glen
15. Canada - Mont Tremblant
16. US West - Long Beach (like driving a tank through a parking lot or not, it's a great track)
17. Mexico - Mexico City
18. Brazil - Interlagos
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

1 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Island
2 - Qatar Grand Prix- Losail
3 - Turkish Grand Prix - Istanbul Park
4 - French Grand Prix - Charade
5 - Monaco Grand Prix - Circuit de Monaco
6 - British Grand Prix - Rockingham Speedway Road Course (with turn ten going right, up to the hairpin)
7 - German Grand Prix - Nurburgring Nordschliefe
8 - Russian Grand Prix - Novopodrezkovo (undeveloped)
9 - Belgian Grand Prix - Spa-Francorchamps
10 -Spanish Grand Prix - Montjuich Park
11 - Portugese Grand Prix - Autodromo Internacional do Algarve
12 - Canadian Grand Prix - Circuit Mont-Tremblant
13 - United States Grand Prix - Miller Motorsports Park
14 - Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka
15 - Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang International Circuit
16 - Singaporean Grand Prix - Marina Bay
17 -Australian Grand Prix - Townsville City Circuit (slightly lengthened)
18 - New Zealand Grand Prix - Hampton Downs
19 - Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos (1973)
20 - Argentine Grand Prix - Potrero de los Fuentes
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
ImissJORDAN

Post by ImissJORDAN »

Ha! :lol: I was trying to be realistic. Apparently some people above me weren't trying. Daytona, Sentul, the Nordschleife?

Fitch wrote:The United States is Large enough that 2 GP's are Warranted.

Really? ;)

Goa wrote:Brno (simply because you need one in Eastern Europe..)

You do?

Enforcer wrote:1) Australia - Albert Park, Melbourne
2) Japan - Suzuka
3) Malaysia - Sepang
4) Singapore -Singapore

16) US - Laguna Seca
17) Canada - I like Montreal as a track, just wish it'd stay in one piece
18) Mexico - Mexico City
19) Brazil - Interlagos

I read your start and was sceptical that Suzuka wasn't near the end, but then I read your final four rounds, and now I think that your fantasy calendar is probably the best. :)
Hill - 1998 Belgian Grand Prix, Frentzen - 1999 French Grand Prix, 1999 Italian Grand Prix, Fisichella - 2003 Brazilian Grand Prix
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

R1 - Melbourne- Great season opener
R2 - Sepang- Challenging track along with heat/humidity, and the weather often makes a great race
R3 - South Korea- Decent looking track, takes over from Shanghai in the Far East market
R4 - Abu Dhabi- Not great looking street circuit, but we have to see if its any good...
R5 - Istanbul- Great track, provides good racing.
R6 - Monte Carlo- Do I need to explain?
R7 - Algarve- Great track in testing, Portugal a great venue for F1
R8 - Montreal- Consistently provides F1's version of the wacky races
R9 - Road America- Best road course in America, would be a great challenge for the F1 cars.
R10 - Cancun- Time Mexico returned to F1
R11 - Hockenheim- We need a German GP, an unchallenging track but provides for good racing
R12 - Hungaroroing- Dull, but challenging track and punishing heat make it a real test.
R13 - Spa- Need I say more?
R14 - Monza- The heart and soul of F1
R15 - Cape Town- Time F1 returned to South Africa, good track in the pipeline too.
R16 - Singapore- Night race a great event for F1
R17 - Delhi- A Force India fan's nirvana...An Indian GP.
R18 - Interlagos- South America needs a GP, Interlagos a superb track and the fans are brilliant
R19 - Suzuka- Super track, great title decider.
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

I read your start and was sceptical that Suzuka wasn't near the end, but then I read your final four rounds, and now I think that your fantasy calendar is probably the best.

I thank you. Although I just realised Laguna Seca's only 2.2 miles. Wonder would that be a little tight.
Goa

Post by Goa »

ImissJORDAN wrote:

You do?

Why not? If the Middle East can have two (three if you count Turkey), then Eastern Europe could still have one even if you ditch Hungary. Besides, I always thought Brno was a good track.
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

Goa wrote:
ImissJORDAN wrote:

You do?

Why not? If the Middle East can have two (three if you count Turkey), then Eastern Europe could still have one even if you ditch Hungary. Besides, I always thought Brno was a good track.

Brno is worth the eastern European race. There are few other options available in the region as well. Also in the Czech Republic, you have the Most circuit, best known for hosting the European Truck Racing Championship and the topless models wandering in the paddock ;) . That would be a great place to see an F1 car in action but it could never host a race, probably too narrow. After that, that's about it. Maybe the Pannoniaring (sp?) in Hungary could offer a decent track.

Further east, Latvia offers Bikernieki, on the outskirts of Riga, which would probably be intense and therefore too unsafe for F1. The Chayka circuit outside of Kiev, Ukraine, has been bastardized into nothing more than a large karting track. Russia, not including another Tilkedrome on the way, has the narrow, twisty, and fairly short ADM track at Myachkovo near Moscow and Krasnoye Koltso in the Asian city of Krasnoyarsk but that's just a former runway with a few corners attached. No pitlane!

You could race at Rousse in Bulgaria, its a figure-eight like Suzuka, but... See for yourself: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Rume ... 163309.htm

Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

Ok, I've put together your votes in a rough, cigarette-packet sort of calculation and come up with the following democratically decided season:-

Australia - Melbourne
Malaysia - Sepang
China - Shanghai
South Africa - Kylami
Dutch - Zandvoort
Monaco
San Marino - Imola
Canada - Montreal
Mexico City
Germany - Old Hockenheim
European - Nurburgring
Czech - Brno
French - Paul Ricard
Turkey - Istanbul
Abu Dhabi
Italy - Monza
Belgium - Spa
Singapore
Japan - Suzuka
Brazil - Interlagos

Nice to see Zandvoort back, I enjoy the chips and mayonnaise.

Unfortunately we don't have a US GP.

And indeed the British GP has gone, so Bernie should be happy. Not enough votes for Ipswich.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Ross Prawn wrote:And indeed the British GP has gone, so all the Lewisteria haters should be happy. Not enough votes for Ipswich.

There. Fixed it for you :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

1) Australia - Melbourne
2) Brazil - Interlagos
3) Mexico - Mexico City
4) Monaco - Monte-Carlo
5) Spain - Jerez
6) Europe - Nordschleife
7) Canada - Montreal
8) United States - Indianapolis
9) France - Dijon
10) Britain - Silverstone
11) Austria - A1-Ring
12) Germany - Old Hockenheim
13) Netherlands - Zandvoort
14) Belgium - Spa
15) Italy - Monza
16) Portugal - Estoril
17) Singapore
18) Japan - Suzuka
19) South Australia - Adelaide
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

Wizzie wrote:
Ross Prawn wrote:And indeed the British GP has gone, so all the Lewisteria haters should be happy. Not enough votes for Ipswich.

There. Fixed it for you :lol:

What about the Buttoneers ?
scook120

Post by scook120 »

Here's a very unrealistic season calendar
Presenting the...(drum roll)
The Most Stupidly Unrealistic F1 Season EVER
Round 1: Go Kart GP, Random local Go-Kart track gets the pick
Round 2: US GP, random dirt track
Round 3: Italian GP, Pescara
Round 4: French GP, 106 km long Le Mans
Round 5: US GP South, Talladega Superspeedway
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

Since I'm in a procrastinating mood and don't want to study for the LSATs...

The first part of the season will a set of two races in the Middle East. A little untraditional, but perhaps we'll see a bit cooler temperatures and this allows us to being the season a little earlier than usual so we can start with F1 already well in progress in March. And let's face it, even though attendance might be poor, these races bring money and really F1 needs the money. Besides, I want to see how a circuit that runs through a hotel works!

1. Bahrain - Sakhir
2. Abu Dhabi - Yas Marina

The next set is your traditional flyaway events. This is the same schedule that we opened this season with. I actually dislike Albert Park the most of the three circuits, but Australia deserves a race if only because it's the home of F1Rejects. I think I'd trade Melbourne for Philip Island. I like the Sepang track and Shanghai is my homeland so there's no way I'm going to drop that.

3. Australia - Philip Island (since Bathurst is out of the question due to safety...)
4. Malaysia - Sepang
5. China - Shanghai

Finally we get to Europe. This is the Iberia sequence and brings back two oldies that are goodies. If nothing else, I love sherry so there definitely needs to be a race in Jerez, and port isn't bad either.

6. Spain - Jerez
7. Portugal - Estoril

We then get two flyaway races to the Americas. I'm going to try to get Long Beach back for another street circuit because I feel Los Angeles would be better suited to the glamor that is F1 than anywhere else in America. (This has nothing to do with me currently living in LA I swear!) Interlagos is a classic and needs to remain on the calender. As much as I dislike how Circuit Gilles Villeneuve seems to give spectators the raw deal, the atmosphere of the race is fantastic.

8. United States - Long Beach
9. Canada - Montreal

Then we finally get into the meat of the schedule starting with two French speaking countries in Europe following on the heels of a French speaking region in Canada. I like the Le Mans Bugatti circuit and F1 cars racing under the Dunlop bridge would be great. Monaco is here simply because it's Monaco. Then it's off to England and Germany. I feel the new Nurburgring is actually a better circuit than the new Hockenheim so it gets the nod. Of course we have to include Spa, and I really like the look of the Brno circuit so I'd choose that over the snorefest that is the Hungaroring, but maybe MotoGP just flatters tracks...

10. France - Le Mans Bugatti
11. Monaco - Monte Carlo
12. England - Donington Park
13. Germany - Nurburgring
14. Belgium - Spa
15. Czech Republic - Brno

Finally, we finish the season with three more flyaways. South Korea and Japan go together nicely on the schedule, though the Japanese Grand Prix should go back to the Suzuka as that's a much more superior circuit compared to Fuji. The season ends once again in Brasil. It's produced some stunners in recent years, so I see no reason to change it.

16. South Korea - Yeongam
17. Japan - Suzuka
18. Brasil - Interlagos

If the schedule needs to be pared down, I'd sacrifice the Abu Dhabi race. Recent economic woes has me doubting the viability of the area.
Dom

Post by Dom »

I always like the idea of rotating race to allow as many countries as possible to have a race, with some important ones fixed to appear every year.

The calendar would look something like this:

1. Australia
2. *Rotation*
3. *Rotation*
4. *Rotation*
5. *Rotation*
6. Monaco
7. *Rotation*
8. Britain
9. Germany
10. Italy
11. Belgium
12. *Rotation*
13. *Rotation*
14. *Rotation*
15. *Rotation*
16. Japan
17. *Rotation*
18. Brazil

Track to be part of the rotation:

1. Malaysia
2. China
3. Bahrain
4. Spain
5. Turkey
6. Hungary
7. Singapore
8. Canada
9. US
10. France
11. Czech Republic
12. India

That would guarantee the above tracks a race two years out of three. Extra tracks (like Portugal or Mexico) could be added to the rotation, although that would mean that each rotational track got races less frequently.

I can't see it ever happening because Bernie's too in love with the Asian and Middle Eastern money, but I think it would provide a mix of races in the historic heartland of F1 (Britain, Germany, Italy, Brazil), races at the best tracks (Belgium, Japan) and regular races at a large number of less established, historic or simply worse tracks.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

I'm going to change mine. There is now a 'regional' Grand Prix every five races:

Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos
Argentine Grand Prix - Potrero de los Fuentes
United States Grand Prix - Miller Motorsports Park
Canadian Grand Prix - Mont-Tremblant
Atlantic Grand Prix - Flushing Meadows (night)

British Grand Prix - Donington Park
Portugese Grand Prix - Algarve
French Grand Prix - Charade
Spanish Grand Prix - Ciudad del Motor de Aragón
Monaco/Mediterranean Grand Prix - Monte Carlo (night?)

Belgian Grand Prix - Spa-Francorchamps
Italian Grand Prix - Imola (with chicanes reprofiled)
Czech Grand Prix - Most
Russian Grand Prix - Novopodrezkovo (undeveloped)
European Grand Prix - Red Bull Ring

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina
Qatar Grand Prix - Losail (night)
Korean Grand Prix - Jeonam (night)
Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay (night)
Pacific Grand Prix - Suzuka
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
SennaStraight

Post by SennaStraight »

1. Adelaide - great track, probably even more difficult to drive than Melbourne
2. Macau - A great driving challenge - the Asian Monaco
3. Suzuka - A real tough test for the teams
4. Montjuic - The best Spanish track, much preferred to the bikers' Jerez and the boring Jarama and Barcelona
5. Monaco - Can't take it out. Leave it in.
6. Dijon - France deserves a race and why not in Dijon?
7. Nordschleife - Not the longest F1 track ever, but probably the toughest. If these guys are the best in the world, they should have to tackle this behemoth.
8. Osterreichring - Bring it back
9. Brands Hatch/Donington alternate. I know Silverstone is the "home" of the British Grand Prix but it's not a great track and rarely produces classic races.
10. Zandvoort - Superb track, should be there
11. Spa - Probably the best track currently on the calendar even after its been softened up. Keep it in.
12. Anderstorp - Scandinavia deserves its own race
13. Monza - Softened up but still very evocative
14. Montreal - Almost always a good race
14. Watkins Glen - Nuff said
15. Long Beach - Very tough street track
16. Mexico City
17. Interlagos
Murray - "First man out is Marques in the Arrows. Of course he's going out early to generate some media interest"
Martin - "I'm sure he would generate some interest if he went out in the Arrows because Marques drives for Minardi"
PayasYouDNPQ

Post by PayasYouDNPQ »

Enforcer wrote:
I read your start and was sceptical that Suzuka wasn't near the end, but then I read your final four rounds, and now I think that your fantasy calendar is probably the best.

I thank you. Although I just realised Laguna Seca's only 2.2 miles. Wonder would that be a little tight.

When Laguna Seca was extended in 1988 the intention was to host the US GP, but it went to Phoenix instead. Maybe it would be a bit short nowadays but it' isn't too bad. Worked fine for CART for many years too!
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

I've mainly gone for tracks that have hosted an F1 race, although some of them can't be run in the configurations I've stated and some would require modification to get to safety standards. I've also listed them in the most envioronmental friendly way so all the American tracks are together, then the European then the Asian tracks. :)

1 Brazilian - Interlagos
It's always given some fantastic races
2 Argentinan - Buenos Aires (pre 1979 layout)
The extended circuit past the lake with two long straights
3 Mexican - Hermanos Rodriguez (pre 1970 layout)
More challenging circuit with the fantastic long 180 degree turn.
4 United States - Long Beach
Probably the best street circuit
5 Canadian - Gilles Villeneuve
Challenging circuit without long run off areas
6 Monaco - Monaco (Pre 1986 layout)
Basically so that the chicane after the tunnel is more a kink and the last corner is tighter
7 French - Paul Ricard (pre 1990 layout)
I do think it's the best circuit in France
8 British - Brands Hatch
Was a toss up between this and donnington but brands hatch wins due to it's history
9 Belgian - Spa-Francorchamps (pre 1993 layout)
Brings the bus stop chicane back to what it should be as well as making Eau Rouge a bit tougher
10 Dutch - Zandvoort (pre 1986 layout)
The old layout was faster but still technical
11 German - Hockenheimring (pre 2002 layout)
F1 Cars going through forests was magical
12 Hungarian - Hungaroring (pre 2003 layout)
Most people loath it, but it can produce some fantastic races
13 Italian - Monza (pre 1980 layout)
The older layour still has the chicanes but the other corners are more flowing leading to faster races
14 Turkish - Istanbul
Probably the best new circuit today
15 Spanish - Jarma
A John Hugenholtz circuit that could do with widening, but would be a challenging circuit
16 Singapore - Singapore
Okay this runs Instanbul close
17 Japanese - Suzuka
I think this is the best circuit in the world and deserves it's place on the calender like Spa
18 Australian - Adelaide
Melbourne Park is nice but nothing beats a real street race and Adelaide has some fantastic races
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

LionZoo wrote:Since I'm in a procrastinating mood and don't want to study for the LSATs...

The first part of the season will a set of two races in the Middle East. A little untraditional, but perhaps we'll see a bit cooler temperatures and this allows us to being the season a little earlier than usual so we can start with F1 already well in progress in March. And let's face it, even though attendance might be poor, these races bring money and really F1 needs the money. Besides, I want to see how a circuit that runs through a hotel works!

1. Bahrain - Sakhir
2. Abu Dhabi - Yas Marina

The next set is your traditional flyaway events. This is the same schedule that we opened this season with. I actually dislike Albert Park the most of the three circuits, but Australia deserves a race if only because it's the home of F1Rejects. I think I'd trade Melbourne for Philip Island. I like the Sepang track and Shanghai is my homeland so there's no way I'm going to drop that.

3. Australia - Philip Island (since Bathurst is out of the question due to safety...)
4. Malaysia - Sepang
5. China - Shanghai

Finally we get to Europe. This is the Iberia sequence and brings back two oldies that are goodies. If nothing else, I love sherry so there definitely needs to be a race in Jerez, and port isn't bad either.

6. Spain - Jerez
7. Portugal - Estoril

We then get two flyaway races to the Americas. I'm going to try to get Long Beach back for another street circuit because I feel Los Angeles would be better suited to the glamor that is F1 than anywhere else in America. (This has nothing to do with me currently living in LA I swear!) Interlagos is a classic and needs to remain on the calender. As much as I dislike how Circuit Gilles Villeneuve seems to give spectators the raw deal, the atmosphere of the race is fantastic.

8. United States - Long Beach
9. Canada - Montreal

Then we finally get into the meat of the schedule starting with two French speaking countries in Europe following on the heels of a French speaking region in Canada. I like the Le Mans Bugatti circuit and F1 cars racing under the Dunlop bridge would be great. Monaco is here simply because it's Monaco. Then it's off to England and Germany. I feel the new Nurburgring is actually a better circuit than the new Hockenheim so it gets the nod. Of course we have to include Spa, and I really like the look of the Brno circuit so I'd choose that over the snorefest that is the Hungaroring, but maybe MotoGP just flatters tracks...

10. France - Le Mans Bugatti
11. Monaco - Monte Carlo
12. England - Donington Park
13. Germany - Nurburgring
14. Belgium - Spa
15. Czech Republic - Brno

Finally, we finish the season with three more flyaways. South Korea and Japan go together nicely on the schedule, though the Japanese Grand Prix should go back to the Suzuka as that's a much more superior circuit compared to Fuji. The season ends once again in Brasil. It's produced some stunners in recent years, so I see no reason to change it.

16. South Korea - Yeongam
17. Japan - Suzuka
18. Brasil - Interlagos

If the schedule needs to be pared down, I'd sacrifice the Abu Dhabi race. Recent economic woes has me doubting the viability of the area.

After thinking about it for a bit, change Abu Dhabi to Turkey. The Istanbul track is great and deserves to be on the calender.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Laguna Seca should be fine in terms of length. Monaco's shorter at 2.1 miles
Ridge Racer

Post by Ridge Racer »

1, Australian Grand Prix-Street circuit in Sydney or Darwin
2, South African Grand Prix-Kyalami
3, Japanese Grand Prix- Suzuka
4, Brazilian Grand Prix-Interlagos
5,Eastern European Grand Prix- St Petersburg Russia
6, British Grand Prix-Donnington-any race track that can host an F1 race and a massive rock concert (Download/Monsters of Rock) with bands Like AC/DC, Metallica and Whitesnake has my vote
7, Monaco Grand Prix-enough said
8, Canadian Grand Prix- Alternating Between Montreal and Vancouver (original indycar Course layout)
9, US Grand Prix-Street Race in Daytona Beach Florida
10, Grand Prix Of The Americas alternating between Mexico City and Searspoint Raceway in Sonoma California
11, Belgian Grand Prix-Spa
12, German Grand Prix-The Nurburgring
13, French Grand Prix-Original Paul Richard
14, Spain- Jarez
15, Italian Grand Prix-Imola (re-revised version with original layout)
16, Turkish Grand Prix-Turkish Interantional Raceway Istanbul
17, European Grand Prix- Road Circuit in Athens Greece
18, Chinese Grand Prix- Zuhai
19, South American Grand Prix- Street Race In Santiago Chile
20, World Grand Prix- series finale in Singapore

I know it's heavy on Street courses but it would make the season so much more interesting .
Nin13

Re: Perfect Season Calendar

Post by Nin13 »

Guys I have put together most extraordinary race calender. Drivers will have to deal with all things other than driving. :mrgreen:

01. Baghdad, Iraq
02. Kabul, Afghanistan
03. Islamabad, Pakistan
04. Pyongyang, North Korea
05. Reykjavik, Iceland
06. Valletta, Malta
07. Kiev, Ukraine
08. San Jose, Costa Rica
09. Nuuk, Greenland
10. Montevideo, Uruguay
11. Lima, Peru
12. Santiago, Chile
13. Caracas, Venezuela
14. Dakar, Senegal
15. Lome, Togo
16. Windhoek, Namibia
17. Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
18. Amman, Jordan
19. Tehran, Iran
20. <<FINALE>> Somewhere in Antarctic

I'm sure Bernie can even get above calender if he can get enough money from hosts.
MICHAEL SCHUMACHER FAN.
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

I think you're taking even more liberties in terms of realistic races but if these governments bankrolled a circuit...
Nin13 wrote:05. Reykjavik, Iceland
11. Lima, Peru

I'm not sure how many of you ever played the Super Nintendo game "Battle Grand Prix" (which had nothing to do with car-equipped rockets or any such insane devices), but those two cities were circuits in the game. Reykjavik was a street circuit while Lima was a purpose built circuit. Ah memories...

PayasYouDNPQ

Post by PayasYouDNPQ »

Some time ago I created one inspired by the pre-war Grand Prix seasons, particularly 1935. I found it created a varied and sensible calendar with both old and new races.

1 - Australia - Melbourne (14 March)
2 - Singapore - Marina Bay (28 March)

Both of these would be in March. Singapore instead of Malaysia as I found the event more interesting.

3 - Portugal - Algarve (11 April)
4 - Monaco - Monte Carlo (25 April)

Both in April, Portugal is a useful filler and Monaco is in it's 1935 date (approx)

5 - Bahrain - Sakhir (9 May)
6 - Abu Dhabi - Yas Marina (16 May)

This double header of desert races is the equivalent of Tunis and Tripoli back in those times.

7 - Canada - Montreal (30 May)
8 - USA - Watkins Glen (6 June)

There were no major Grands Prix in late May/early June back in '35, so the North American double header fits in nicely. Watkins Glen is safe enough for Indycars and can handle NASCAR croud sizes so should be suitable.

9 - France - Le Mans Bugatti (until new Flins-les-Mareux is ready) (20 June)
10- Europe - Valancia (27 June)
11- Belgium - Spa-Francorchamps (11 July)
12- Germany - Hockenheim (Nurburgring in 2011) (25 July)

A series of European races before the 3 week summer break, close to their '35 dates. Valencia in place of Penya Rhin Grand Prix at Montjuich Park.

13- San Marino - Imola (15 August)
14- Great Britain - Donington (29 August)

San Marino replaces the Coppa Acerbo at Pescara, which the Doningto Grand Prix was in October in '35, but I put it in the Swiss GP slot.

15- Italy - Monza (12 September)
16- Spain - Jerez (26 September)
17- Czech Republic - Brno (3 October)

The end of the European season with 3 races in their '35 dates.

18- Japan - Fuji (Suzuka in 2011) (17 Oct)
19- Brazil - Interlagos (31 October)

End of 19 race season with current fly away races.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Mine would be:

1. Australian GP - Melbourne (because it's always unpredictable, esp. as its a street circuit, Phillip Island and Eastern Creek are close behind though)
2. Malaysian GP - Sepang (good overtaking opportunities, and always the chance of a monsoon!)
3. Chinese GP - Shanghai (underrated track in my opinion)
4. Japanese GP - Suzuka (pleasure to see F1 cars here)
5. Portuguese GP - Algarve (just to make a change from Barcelona + there are no other good Spanish circuits, Alonso would not be happy with me!)
6. Monaco GP - Monte Carlo (standard)
7. French GP - Dijon-Prenois (I personally think that there should always be a French GP, and this at the moment is the best place to have it)
8. British GP - Silverstone (got to be here really, cos its a mecca of speed, although Thruxton would be awesome)
9. German GP - Sachsenring (here's where you realise I'm a Moto GP fan as well, but this track is interesting because its so tight at the start, and then it just unwinds itself)
10. US GP - Road America (aka Elkhart Lake, awesome flowing track, Laguna Seca would be too tight)
11. Canadian GP - Montreal (Mosport Park is good also, but races at Montreal are always exciting)
12. Mexican GP - Hermanos Rodriguez (not a pleasant part of the world from what I gather, but a cracking track)
13. Dutch GP - Zandvoort/Assen alternating (both tracks are awesome, they have a little bit of everything, although they would both need to be upgraded)
14. Belgian GP - Spa (standard)
15. Italian GP - Monza (home of speed, even with the chicanes)
16. Turkish GP - Istanbul Park (best of the Tilkedromes)
17. Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina (looks awesome enough, and I think they'll be overtaking opportunities)
18. Singapore GP - Marina Bay (just for the night race gimmick)
19. Brazilian GP - Interlagos (great challenging track to end the season on, and chance of rain)
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

Ross Prawn wrote:16. That really neat new circuit in Argentina

I'm argentinean, a great fan of F1 since 1990, and i haven't heard a word about this neat new circuit (at least nor for F1)..

Kudos!
Winners have lots of friends, losers have good friends.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Popi_Larrauri wrote:I'm argentinean, a great fan of F1 since 1990, and i haven't heard a word about this neat new circuit (at least nor for F1)..

It's a little longer than the standard circuit length thse days, but apparently all it needs is a serious upgrade to its it facilities (which are apparently pretty basic) and some more grandstands, and Lago Potrero de los Funes will apparently qualify for the FIA's "1" status (eligible to host Formula One races).