The HRT thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
tommykl

Re: The HRT thread

Post by tommykl »

IdeFan wrote:
xxiiooiixx wrote:I see that Marussia will be running their car tomorrow at silverstone. I guess HRT is not that ahead this year.

At least they've "closed the gap" in terms of pre season preparation, lets hope they've closed the gap on speed too, the gap wasn't too big at the end of last year, but they did have (IMO) a stronger driver line-up.

They'll be just below Red Bull in terms of testing. Let's hope they'll also be just below them on pace, too.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

I've just found this on Mattzell89's (he uploades racing highlights to YouTube, and does the Racing in Slow Motion series) twitter. This Looks to be the new HRT, but it remains unconfirmed. It looks advanced compared to last years car, and dat livery.

Not sure what think, if real or not.

EDIT: Original like to the article. http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/15453/la-hrt-cambier-colori-con-la-macchina-nuova

EDIT AGAIN: It looks to be a fan livery, based on what some of us here are saying. I'll keep the info up as in not a long time we will get to see the real deal, since it was confirmed that there will be a filming day on Monday (Sunday night for moi).
Last edited by RealRacingRoots on 04 Mar 2012, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

I seriously hope that they run with that livery, it looks darn good!
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
xxiiooiixx

Post by xxiiooiixx »

RealRacingRoots wrote:I've just found this on Mattzell89's (he uploades racing highlights to YouTube, and does the Racing in Slow Motion series) twitter. This Looks to be the new HRT, but it remains unconfirmed. It looks advanced compared to last years car, and dat livery.

Not sure what think, if real or not.

EDIT: Original like to the article. http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/15453/la-hrt-cambier-colori-con-la-macchina-nuova

I love it it looks good. I have seen this photo before it was on HRT fans facebook, Spanish fans seem to have had some competition (maybe ) designing liveries. They were posting several designs but that one looks the most professional . I didn't follow it much as I am a bit tired of reading google translations.

I would not be surprised if it looks similar.
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

I like it! It reminds me of the 1996 Jordan when they weren't running with the nausea-inducing yellow.
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

That picture is a fan entry for a competition.

Unfortunatley the livery won't be like that.
HRT - who else would you support :P
RealRacingRoots

cbbcisace wrote:

Out of curiousity, you would know?
GT Super Series
xxiiooiixx

Post by xxiiooiixx »

RealRacingRoots wrote:
cbbcisace wrote:

Out of curiousity, you would know?

Yes interesting ? please tell us more about what you know Cbbcisace

I think It might be white where you see gold and gold where you see black or HRT might go back to the original background gray/black with gold. To think about it designers usually only put gold with a narrow range of colors.

Who selected the grey color of the F110 was that dallara , Campos or Carabantes?

I read somewhere that the car design looks like the lotus Renault.
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

I just think it will be similar to the motorhome...
S951

Post by S951 »

trucks and car at circuit but due to it being a "private" event only 1/2 spanish journalists are present so looks like any pics of the car will prob appear in spannish press first
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

S951 wrote:trucks and car at circuit but due to it being a "private" event only 1/2 spanish journalists are present so looks like any pics of the car will prob appear in spannish press first

There will also be pictures for the international press.
hrtf1team.com wrote:Images (photographs and videos) of the official presentation of the car will be available for registered media in the media area of the official team website (www.hrtf1team.com).
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Rumour has it that a HRT mechanic has been seen running down the pitlane, asking GP2 teams (currently testing there I think) to borrow bolts.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Ferrim wrote:Rumour has it that a HRT mechanic has been seen running down the pitlane, asking GP2 teams (currently testing there I think) to borrow bolts.

That's just ridiculous :lol:

Meanwhile the F112 is still under cover, only accessible for Spanish journalists.
Oh bloody hell - there are so many people on and near the track. Why can't someone do some ninja spying on HRT's garage. It can't be kept that secret :twisted:
slowest_indian

Post by slowest_indian »

Ferrim wrote:Rumour has it that a HRT mechanic has been seen running down the pitlane, asking GP2 teams (currently testing there I think) to borrow bolts.

Every rumour like this just makes me want to support them even more...

Still, its getting quite late, I'm guessing the car isn't quite as complete as some people thought it would be.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

New update: the F112 is on the track!

The Circuit de Catalunya allows running until 6 PM, local time. It's currently 5:42 PM :lol:

There's no doubt HRT are now a true Spanish team. Expect them to hit Australia in the evening of the 15th!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

Jack O Melley

Post by Jack O Melley »

This is how F112 livery should look like, quite nice if you ask me :!:

(via F1 Times)
Giovanni Roda - The most shamelessy rude and reject driver in 'F1 Challenge' Championship
- And in F1RWRS
- And... oh damn.
stupot94

Post by stupot94 »

Looks like the 08 Force India livery
Say your prayers, here comes the Pastor
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

That car looks really good. It appears the 'new' teams have the best looking cars on the grid, with the exception of the low nose McLaren. Now, let us hope that the damn thing is reliable.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
slowest_indian

Post by slowest_indian »

Looks very good, could be the nicest livery, looking pretty bare though, was expecting them to have done abit more with the sponsors/partners.

Anyone think it looks a little too similar to the old Dallara to be completely new though? The front wing is the one from last year as far as I can tell too.
What about the sidepods, havn't seen a picture of them in much detail yet?

Looks like they're going for evolution of last years concept rather than a complete redesign. Must have been the team wanting to keep last years chassis to work off...

Cheers
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

So much for a "completely new design"...

Valrys

Post by Valrys »

What? It's quite clearly different, although the front wing does look like last years with some bits taken off of it.
RealRacingRoots

It looks like they chopped off the front element from the updated 2011 front wing. Hopefully just a placeholder. There are parts that do look new, like the brake ducts and the rear wing. I wonder if there wll be new parts for Australia.

Also, it looks like there is space for a THIS COULD BE YOU on the sidepod and a THIS IS A COOL SPOT on the rear wing. Only if...
GT Super Series
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Valrys wrote:What? It's quite clearly different, although the front wing does look like last years with some bits taken off of it.

It's different, but not that different. Considering last year's car was based in the 2010 Dallara which in itself was just a preliminary version that should have been developed but didn't because the money didn't appear, it doesn't look very promising.

ElizabethSterling

Post by ElizabethSterling »

It seems Marussia will be keeping ahead if appearances are anything to go by. The exhaust 'solution' especially appears to be just jam them up and out of the side-pods with little regard for how it'll impact the car.

Well, okay, clearly they thought about it but had no money to actually make a real go of the kind of exhaust work the other teams, (even Marussia) are making.
IdeFan

Post by IdeFan »

Ferrim wrote:
Valrys wrote:What? It's quite clearly different, although the front wing does look like last years with some bits taken off of it.

It's different, but not that different. Considering last year's car was based in the 2010 Dallara which in itself was just a preliminary version that should have been developed but didn't because the money didn't appear, it doesn't look very promising.

- The front suspension geometry is completely different, and mounts much higher, so its probably a new monocoque.
- The rear bodywork is different, much tighter.
- The rear wing and its end-plates are different.
- Rear suspension geometry looks different.

Admittedly bits like the nosecone (aside from the step), front wing and airbox look similar, but given it is totally different mechanically I think its fair to call it a brand new car, albeit one building on what the team already know aerodynamically. Even teams which do have the resources to start from a clean sheet (and HRT certainly doesn't) often look similar year to year, so its hardly surprising the car looks similar, but now its their own design the opportunity for development is there.
"Well we've got this ridiculous situation where we're all sitting by the start-finish line waiting for a winner to come past and we don't seem to be getting one!" - James Hunt, Monaco 1982
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Well there it is, the F112. I must say, it's not a bad looking livery. The cr is noticeable different if you look hard enough as already mentioned, the suspension points are different and the rear of the car has all changed.

Are they running KERS straightaway?

At least they've actually put some miles on the car before FP1. Unlike Marussia...
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
S951

Post by S951 »

Marussia actually did a promo shooting day at silverstone today as well dude in regards to kers I read the other week pedro said they will run it at circuits they think they will benefit from it but not all of them apparently.

Going to come out and say it the F111 is a nicer looking car in that that pearl white livery, f112 looks alright to but a bit meh
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

S951 wrote:Marussia actually did a promo shooting day at silverstone today as well dude in regards to kers I read the other week pedro said they will run it at circuits they think they will benefit from it but not all of them apparently.

Going to come out and say it the F111 is a nicer looking car in that that pearl white livery, f112 looks alright to but a bit meh

Yeah just popped into the Marussia thread and found out they've been on track.

I thought the back half is designed to take the Williams KERS system? Or have they taken the system but made it fit within their own design?
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

RealRacingRoots

IdeFan wrote:- The front suspension geometry is completely different, and mounts much higher, so its probably a new monocoque.
- The rear bodywork is different, much tighter.
- The rear wing and its end-plates are different.
- Rear suspension geometry looks different.

The new geometry sounds pleasing as if memory serves me right, last year's HRT didn't like tracks akin to a Singapore.

And it got pointed out over at the Midweek Motorsport Facebook that the livery is very similar to that of Rebellion Racing over the last two seasons.
GT Super Series
noisebox

Post by noisebox »

IdeFan wrote:- Rear suspension geometry looks different.

I think it's pullrod - a first for HRT.
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

I still prefer the fan-designed livery, I'm not a huge fan of the mostly-white cars (the last one I really liked was the Stewart), but it's certainly smart, and the nicest-looking HRT we've had to date I think.
mario

Post by mario »

noisebox wrote:
IdeFan wrote:- Rear suspension geometry looks different.

I think it's pullrod - a first for HRT.

Yes, the rear suspension is a pull rod actuated design.

Whilst there are some areas where HRT do seem to have improved, on the other hand there do seem to be some areas where the team has gone backwards if anything - as others have said, hopefully the front wing is not the final article. After all, they were using a more advanced design last year, so it would be strange for them to suddenly switch to a much older specification part this year - unless they have intentionally chosen to fit a 2011 specification nose (which is possible). scarbsf1 was also suggesting that this car seems to be missing a few pieces (such as the bargeboards), so it might be the case that the final car is a little more refined when we hit Australia.

ElizabethSterling wrote:It seems Marussia will be keeping ahead if appearances are anything to go by. The exhaust 'solution' especially appears to be just jam them up and out of the side-pods with little regard for how it'll impact the car.

Well, okay, clearly they thought about it but had no money to actually make a real go of the kind of exhaust work the other teams, (even Marussia) are making.

To be fair, during the pre-season development phase that particular solution - to blow the underside of the rear wing, thereby making it work more efficiently by creating a greater pressure difference across it - was thought to be a fairly safe development path with room for improvements.
Furthermore, the designs that outfits like Red Bull, McLaren and Sauber are using (where bodywork is used to deflect the exhaust gas towards the diffuser region) only received approval from Whiting after the Jerez test - HRT probably went with the blown rear wing as that was the only approved concept during the off season, and they couldn't afford to be wrong-footed by a late regulation change (take the banning of Lotus's proposals for a form of passive ride height regulation).
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Earnard Beccelstone

Post by Earnard Beccelstone »

A veritable font of rejectfulness ( from: https://twitter.com/#!/f1elvis ):

HRT #F1 mechanic just ran down Barcelona pit lane, asking GP2 teams to borrow bolts. I'm not kidding! My god they are in trouble!

In Barcelona this week. HRT #F1 running today (in theory) & then all GP2 teams until Thursday.

HRT #F1 being kept very tightly under wraps. Only a couple of Spanish media being allowed access at the moment.

HRT #F1 on track!

HRT #F1 made it round installation lap. It does exist after all!

HRT #F1 back out again to double it's 2012 mileage.

Once past the pits and back in again. I think that counts as a 'long run'!

HRT #F1 now running round Barcelona in the dark! Desperate times.

I've left HRT to it, pitch black now. Gotta feel sorry for the guys @HRTF1Team So much work gone on to get those handful of meaningless laps
xxiiooiixx

Post by xxiiooiixx »

Earnard Beccelstone wrote:A veritable font of rejectfulness ( from: https://twitter.com/#!/f1elvis ):

HRT #F1 mechanic just ran down Barcelona pit lane, asking GP2 teams to borrow bolts. I'm not kidding! My god they are in trouble!

In Barcelona this week. HRT #F1 running today (in theory) & then all GP2 teams until Thursday.

HRT #F1 being kept very tightly under wraps. Only a couple of Spanish media being allowed access at the moment.

HRT #F1 on track!

HRT #F1 made it round installation lap. It does exist after all!

HRT #F1 back out again to double it's 2012 mileage.

Once past the pits and back in again. I think that counts as a 'long run'!

HRT #F1 now running round Barcelona in the dark! Desperate times.

I've left HRT to it, pitch black now. Gotta feel sorry for the guys @HRTF1Team So much work gone on to get those handful of meaningless laps

It wasn't a meaningless lap at all , This was the first time fans got to see the car , The team is Spanish and there is no better place to unveil their new car. The long hours the teams personnel worked hard to get the car out is not meaningless.
RealRacingRoots

So Joe Saward is now joined by this random no-body as members of the press trying to conspire against HRT? Give them a break..
GT Super Series
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

RealRacingRoots wrote:So Joe Saward is now joined by this random no-body as members of the press trying to conspire against HRT? Give them a break..

Totally agree. If anything, what HRT did yesterday was a monumental achievement when compared to their last two years. Plus, they have the added bonus of being left well alone (apart from Spanish journos) to do their shake-down's. The team will have been given a massive boost ahead of Australia. I don't see a DNQ now.

I'm really starting to like HRT now...
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

New picture from Jose Gallego Segura who is HRT's Lead Designer Engineer.

Also he responded to a question about the FW.

Jose Gallego Segura aero upgrates to follow during the season,....also a new front wing. Trying to combine/find the best posible/working aero packaging. The current FW are very powerful , even it showing quiet simple shaped. Redesigned the Rear end (issue area at F111) will realize a better aero balance.etc,etc.
slowest_indian

Post by slowest_indian »

I seem to remember them saying to some effect last year that rear grip was the primary thing holding them back, and no matter what they did with the front wing etc the Dallara design wouldn't get any better because of it.

From that picture like they have some sort of attachment over the sidepods, with two holes it would seem, because its definately different to how they ran it yesterday...any ideas what this might be? *EDIT* Having seen a new picture of the car straight on, perhaps its just the angle making it look thinner...

Also some speculation that the red comes from an upcoming sponsorship or extra funding of some kind with Banco Popular...who bailed out Carabantes last year and I think Perez Sala has some family connections with...

CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

I think the new car looks great although the word that popped into my head on viewing it was "fragile".
Just For One Day...