The HRT thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
tommykl

Re: The HRT thread

Post by tommykl »

xxiiooiixx wrote:
David AGS wrote:On results, Narain is still the better, but wouldnt call that race a race...

On to Malaysia, I think if HRT get a two car finish they will be extremely delighted. One car finish they will be very happy with that too.

But you never know, if it does rain, may be a race of attrition, may get a decent result

It doesn't look as if the F112 will be any better then last years car .PDLR had a horrible race.

Then again, he also had to serve a drive-through penalty.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

Well, they both finished today which is more then I expected. Caterham had the most mechanical DNFs last season while HRT the least, but I guess it's partly down to Caterham actually trying to improve the car and throw in more new parts then Marussia and HRT. However it's all pretty similar to AGS in 1987, plodding around at the back with an above-par reliable car.
95 GP / 63 DNF / 5 pts
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

Narain on the BBC Forum stating that upgrades at the Mugello tests and hopes to gain time until then onto the Marussias.

Also they are using the Mercedes Wind tunnel a lot (Im guessing the 2nd one)
HRT - who else would you support :P
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Spent nearly an hour today in 10th position - shame it was a Marcus-Winklehock-esque performance... :(
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
xxiiooiixx

Post by xxiiooiixx »

Is HRT's front wing made with razor blades?? LOL Vettel and Button collided with NK and the F112 still went on . That was pretty amazing stuff a shame we couldn't keep 10th.

The car is quite twitchy!
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

HRT is great! ;)
I didn't miss Chandhok today, watching Karthikeyan performance. ;)
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

xxiiooiixx wrote:Image

Lol, why u mad though? :lol:
Mister Fungus

Post by Mister Fungus »

I agree with Karthikeyan that this is pure bullying of the backmarkers. I mean they crash into him and still blame him for the problems. That's just arrogant. At least Button admitted it was his own fault (and he was fighting for position back then, not even lapping).
Eryx

Post by Eryx »

Button honest answer and said it was My mistake....

Vettel am i the only one that thinks he literally turned into Narain? and that in turn was not his fault i mean Narain did exactly what he did with JB kept the racing line. . .Vettel just turned in on him. Poor guy
Beauty is in the eye of the Badoer. :D
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Seems a bit harsh, I may be a learner, but everyone has to start somewhere :(
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

Having watched the replays some more, Narain actually did veer towards Vettel - but Vettel was also turning in to go back on the racing line, and Narain was apparently trying to not crash the car having gone out on the kerb/white line to give Vettel space, so definitely 50/50.

Vettel is still acting like a spoiled brat though.
xxiiooiixx

Post by xxiiooiixx »

Valrys wrote:Having watched the replays some more, Narain actually did veer towards Vettel - but Vettel was also turning in to go back on the racing line, and Narain was apparently trying to not crash the car having gone out on the kerb/white line to give Vettel space, so definitely 50/50.

Vettel is still acting like a spoiled brat though.

For sure ! who out of the 2 is supposed to be the better driver with a better car that knows the limits of their car in the wet conditions? Vettel should have known to take extra care in wet conditions especially with back markers with very little down force and even less grip off the race line. Vettel chose to come so close to a twitchy back marker what does he expect! Bully a back marker until he evaporates instantly. Lol and call Narain a Cucumber after

I cant remember but I am sure I have heard this happen before in F1?
xxiiooiixx

Post by xxiiooiixx »

HRT's new official mascot

CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

All that gesturing and theres no way Narain could've seen it.

Like, duh.
Just For One Day...
Svenko Wankerov

Post by Svenko Wankerov »

It's one thing if it's a backmarker who is just slow but gets out of everyone's way, but KarTrollkeyan is both slow and does his best to get in everyone's way whenever he can. He doesn't seem to be particularly ashamed of that reputation either. Vettel is right about him being an idiot.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Svenko Wankerov wrote:It's one thing if it's a backmarker who is just slow but gets out of everyone's way, but KarTrollkeyan is both slow and does his best to get in everyone's way whenever he can. He doesn't seem to be particularly ashamed of that reputation either. Vettel is right about him being an idiot.

:o I think you should remember the Prime Directive around this forum. I'll let you off as I think your surname is sensational. We're here to support the determined triers and as such Narain Karthikeyan is a shining example of that.

There are always two sides to every story, but sadly if you're a double world champion people often presume yours is the most valid. If anybodys interested here is Narains...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome/in ... ds-newsxml

Finally, Vettels quote that he managed to "lose the race how I did is very frustrating." is hilarious. "Lose the race"? That was lost a long time before that incident my little fuzzy faced friend.
Just For One Day...
mario

Post by mario »

CoopsII wrote:Finally, Vettels quote that he managed to "lose the race how I did is very frustrating." is hilarious. "Lose the race"? That was lost a long time before that incident my little fuzzy faced friend.

That comment about losing the race is indeed exaggerated - Vettel would have had to overturn a 20 second deficit whilst getting past Hamilton, Perez and Alonso in order to take the lead. Considering that before that clash with Karthikeyan Perez was lapping around a second a lap or more than Vettel, realistically the best he could have hoped for would have been 3rd - and even then, Hamilton had around 3 seconds over Vettel at that point.

Back to HRT - interesting, in full wet conditions and when both Marussia and HRT were on wet tyres, HRT were not as far behind Marussia as they were in dry conditions. I wonder whether that suggests HRT had a slightly wet weather biased set up in Malaysia?
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

CoopsII wrote:There are always two sides to every story, but sadly if you're a double world champion people often presume yours is the most valid. If anybodys interested here is Narains...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome/in ... ds-newsxml

Finally, Vettels quote that he managed to "lose the race how I did is very frustrating." is hilarious. "Lose the race"? That was lost a long time before that incident my little fuzzy faced friend.

I love how the article hints Karthikeyan lost a potential top ten finish because of his collisions with Button and Vettel.

At any rate, the point is, Vettel had no right to insult another driver without even giving it a second thought. He may have felt gutted by losing 12 points, but Karthikeyan's explanation was pretty plausible. The fact both HRTs were clearly a nuisance to other drivers in qualifying at Australia made them a prime target for criticism.

And no, Perfect Seb, you had no chance of winning the race, perhaps not even a good chance of scoring a podium finish.
xxiiooiixx

Post by xxiiooiixx »

CoopsII wrote:Image
All that gesturing and theres no way Narain could've seen it.

Like, duh.

So that's what it looks like when a Lapped back marker overtakes you ! :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:
slowest_indian

Post by slowest_indian »

Seems to be some vague rumours that HRT have secured quite a large Spanish sponsorship deal to be announced relatively soon. Struggling to find out whether it is just rumour though.

Anyone know the details?
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

Yes you are right... will be announced closer to Barcelona race though ;)

If any sponsorships are announced before that it is not the same one!

I don't know a lot about this but it supposedly a title sponsor.
slowest_indian

Post by slowest_indian »

I really hope this isn't just speculation.

If so the new management really must be doing its job well, even some of the more established teams don't currently have a title sponsor...

Cheers
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

slowest_indian wrote:I really hope this isn't just speculation.

If so the new management really must be doing its job well, even some of the more established teams don't currently have a title sponsor...

Cheers

as i say i don't know a lot about it, all I know is that a new sponsor is secure, but is worth a lot of money to them!
xxiiooiixx

Post by xxiiooiixx »

cbbcisace wrote:

Cheers

as i say i don't know a lot about it, all I know is that a new sponsor is secure, but is worth a lot of money to them!

I really hope this is true a title sponsor would really add credibility with the team who up till now has been ridiculed left right and center by the haters. I am a bit cautious as Carabantes said the same thing the last few years about major sponsors. The Barcelona race is quite a long wait, but if I was a Spanish sponsor then it would probably be the ideal place.
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

xxiiooiixx wrote:
cbbcisace wrote:

Cheers

I really hope this is true a title sponsor would really add credibility with the team who up till now has been ridiculed left right and center by the haters. I am a bit cautious as Carabantes said the same thing the last few years about major sponsors. The Barcelona race is quite a long wait, but if I was a Spanish sponsor then it would probably be the ideal place.

Completley different management who have told everything true, so it is believable, Thesan have done more in the last 6 months than the other 2 owners did!
xxiiooiixx

Post by xxiiooiixx »

cbbcisace wrote:
Completley different management who have told everything true, so it is believable, Thesan have done more in the last 6 months than the other 2 owners did!

Yes I totally agree they have been honest even when things went wrong but they haven't announced anything about sponsors themselves. It is very plausible that they have a sponsor so it looks like we will have to wait and see.
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

xxiiooiixx wrote:
cbbcisace wrote:

Yes I totally agree they have been honest even when things went wrong but they haven't announced anything about sponsors themselves. It is very plausible that they have a sponsor so it looks like we will have to wait and see.

what about KH7? they announced that?
xxiiooiixx

Post by xxiiooiixx »

No the new one .
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

They announced KH-7 just before the car was launched.

When I first read that they signed on as a sponsor, I was surprised that they were only on the inside of the rear wing.

NOT SO, they have the rear wing from the back as well. Judging by the incident with Narain, they got some decent footage!
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
S951

Post by S951 »

HRT going to be interesting in the coming races to see how much they improve by as they will be learning much more on setup of the base then we have upgrades to come kers intergration new aero etc potentially if they get everything mentioned sorted and working right they could have a potential 1s-2.5s gain at a guess
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

The 3 weeks have come at a very good time for them. But whatever speed they make up will most likely be nullified by the fact they are behind the development race and with a smaller less able development team. By the last quarter of the season hopefully they'll be giving Marussia a battle.

I left Malaysia once again surprised that they had somehow qualified and both made the finish. Their pace although slow wasn't terrible enough to make entering the race a pointless exercise.
IdeFan

Post by IdeFan »

jackanderton wrote:The 3 weeks have come at a very good time for them. But whatever speed they make up will most likely be nullified by the fact they are behind the development race and with a smaller less able development team. By the last quarter of the season hopefully they'll be giving Marussia a battle.

I left Malaysia once again surprised that they had somehow qualified and both made the finish. Their pace although slow wasn't terrible enough to make entering the race a pointless exercise.

The past two years HRT have closed noticeably on the Virgins in the latter half of the season, suggesting they have a better development team than them at least (or more potential in the car). Whether this speaks to the quality of HRT or the uselessness of Nick Wirth is anybody's guess.
"Well we've got this ridiculous situation where we're all sitting by the start-finish line waiting for a winner to come past and we don't seem to be getting one!" - James Hunt, Monaco 1982
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

IdeFan wrote:
jackanderton wrote:The 3 weeks have come at a very good time for them. But whatever speed they make up will most likely be nullified by the fact they are behind the development race and with a smaller less able development team. By the last quarter of the season hopefully they'll be giving Marussia a battle.

The past two years HRT have closed noticeably on the Virgins in the latter half of the season, suggesting they have a better development team than them at least (or more potential in the car). Whether this speaks to the quality of HRT or the uselessness of Nick Wirth is anybody's guess.

I think it is more the latter. HRT kept developing its known car (which until this year was always the same) while Marussia always focused early on a following year car (which turns out crap anyway). Perhaps this year we should see Marussia trying to improve during the season.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Karthikeyan came out easily on top IMO. Vettel looked like a spoiled prat.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Good for Karthikeyan. Sometimes the top drivers forget, or take for granted, the scale of the job at the back.

These guys that coax a competitive lap out of a slow car or keep an ill-handling car on track are the real heroes in my book, rather than being given the tools to win from the start.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

That was the biggest comeback I've seen from a backmarker in a long time. :lol:
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
xxiiooiixx

Post by xxiiooiixx »

DanielPT wrote:

Karthikeyan came out easily on top IMO. Vettel looked like a spoiled prat.

HRT fans need to start dressing up in cucumber suits and show Vettel his victory finger! HRT's mascot from last year already looked like a green cucumber like alien.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Yeah he's pretty much echoed the interview he gave with the BBC after the race. Fair play to him. I can see him and HRT picking a few extra fans up now.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

David AGS wrote:They announced KH-7 just before the car was launched.
When I first read that they signed on as a sponsor, I was surprised that they were only on the inside of the rear wing.
NOT SO, they have the rear wing from the back as well. Judging by the incident with Narain, they got some decent footage!

And from that footage, as well as qualifying, that's how I saw that the ugly orange and green splat inside the rear wing, which I'd only seen the briefest flash of in Australia and thought "what is that?" was the KH-7 logo. Did they get an art student to design it? It appears said art student went for an Indian takeaway, devoured too much chicken tikka masala and that weird day-glo unidentifiable green sauce in one go, far too quickly, and chundered the lot all over the HRT's rear wing. Next thing you know, the team have said "hey, I like it!" and it became the final design...

What were they thinking?
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"