Your Reject Of The Race - Valencia

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
TheBigJ

Re: Your Reject Of The Race - Valencia

Post by TheBigJ »

Renault engines : Cost Vettel and Grosjean valuable points and prestige respectively.
McLaren : Hamilton should have been ahead of Alonso after the safety car. Button's strategy was awful.
Torro Rosso : Awful, as I said earlier in the thread, a strong contender for ROTY so far...
Massa : Dreadful, although was unlucky again.

Dishonourable mentions : Maldonado, Kobayashi, the race directors for not using the SC for Vettel.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Maldonado, no doubt. Yes, Hamilton was too agressive; yes, he drove you off track. Still doesn't justify you trying to overtake him coming from outside the track, and throwing away so many points with just one lap to go. For me the incident looked a lot like the first part of Räikkönen/Hamilton at Spa a few years ago; Kimi was perfectly entitled to keep his line, Lewis was forced out the track and then had to yield and let him past.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
DalekSam

Post by DalekSam »

Potential candidates:
F1 Rejects Forum, for most of you getting the predictions wrong, so horribly wrong. A fantastic race and you thought this one would be rubbish!
Kobayashi, just a little too aggressive for his own good today and suffers from it.
McLaren, for that awful pitstop, as well as Hamilton getting too rough with Maldonaldo. Additionally, an anonymous Button.
Maldonado, for getting too rough with Hamilton. Both are nominated since I believe the accident was both driver's fault - Maldonado could have just used the run off and given the place back to try again later, and Hamilton didn't give Maldonado enough room after his commitment to the track. So they're both bathplugging idiots.

But my real ROTR has to be Toro Rosso. Seriously, that much contact is unnecessary and to ruin the Caterham's pace was uncalled for.
Last edited by DalekSam on 24 Jun 2012, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.
TheBigJ

Post by TheBigJ »

Ferrim wrote:Maldonado, no doubt. Yes, Hamilton was too agressive; yes, he drove you off track. Still doesn't justify you trying to overtake him coming from outside the track, and throwing away so many points with just one lap to go. For me the incident looked a lot like the first part of Räikkönen/Hamilton at Spa a few years ago; Kimi was perfectly entitled to keep his line, Lewis was forced out the track and then had to yield and let him past.

I'm sorry, but all the other 23 drivers on the grid, especially Ramilton, would have donne exactly the same thing as Pastor there. He doesn't deserve ROTR after a great drive, just a dishonourable mention for what I see as a race incident...
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

I also nominate all Valencia nay-sayers.

Myself included. :| :lol:
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

TheBigJ wrote:
Ferrim wrote:Maldonado, no doubt. Yes, Hamilton was too agressive; yes, he drove you off track. Still doesn't justify you trying to overtake him coming from outside the track, and throwing away so many points with just one lap to go. For me the incident looked a lot like the first part of Räikkönen/Hamilton at Spa a few years ago; Kimi was perfectly entitled to keep his line, Lewis was forced out the track and then had to yield and let him past.

I'm sorry, but all the other 23 drivers on the grid, especially Ramilton, would have donne exactly the same thing as Pastor there. He doesn't deserve ROTR after a great drive, just a dishonourable mention for what I see as a race incident...

The first part of the maneuvre, sure enough. The second part was entirely Pastor's fault, IMVHO.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Woah, where to start? In no particular order,

1.Alternators Cost Grosjean a potential win, and probably Vettel the win too.
2.F1Rejects Forum Members Apart from Klon, who seriously predicted an interesting race? Phoenix even fell asleep writing his predictions.
3.Toro Rosso The Ricciardo incident was 50-50 in my opinion, but Vergne was an idiot. Poor pace to add to the misery.
4.Bruno Senna While Maldonado starred up front, Bruno only came into the limelight in the train of cars, and then ruined Kamui-san's race.
5.Button World champion? Hard to beleive.
6.McLaren pit crew Poor stops once again
7.Nico Rosberg Poor peformance.

Dishonourable mentions:
1. Lotus stratergists: If the safety-car hadn't come out, the decision to pit Grosjean at the same time as Vettel would have been disasterous.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Boomstick

Post by Boomstick »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zmeHij13YY

....to me it looks like he puts a fair dab of oppo' of before he clatters into Hamilton, still a clumsy move tho :oops: from both of them...
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

So many candidates.

Me: Woke up 15 minutes after the start, thought the race would be boring as porridge and didn't tune in to WaffleCat's livestream link (thanks a bunch) until about Lap 16. Stayed glued to my laptop until the end.

The F1 Rejects Forums: Some choice quotes from some of our members.

The Masked Lapwing wrote:I'm seriously considering not watching this now. It's so much more tempting to wake up a a ridiculous hour and watch some NASCAR.

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:The qualifying will be a hangover cure...

kostas22 wrote:Why are we even bothering running the race? We may as well just give Grosjean the winner's trophy and 25 points now and move on to the next track.

AdrianSutil wrote:2012 European ARGH WHO bathplug CARES ABOUT THIS POINTLESS EXCUSE FOR A GRAND PRIX Grand Prix

tristan1117 wrote:2012 Sleeping-in Grand Prix

McLaren pit crew: More mistakes.
Vergne: Amateurish move on Kovalainen. He definitely should be penalized for the next race.
Pastor Maldonado and Lewis Hamilton: Is this becoming the "Massa v. Hamilton" of the 2012 season? Pastor drove really well, in my opinion, but he should have backed off while trying to pass Ham. Likewise, Hamilton should have given the Reverend some more room. Racing incident, IMO.
Marussia: Let us not forget that they were out-qualified by both HRTs.
Massa: What was he doing? I think he had some sort of mechanical problem but he didn't offer any resistance to Petrov at all! What the hell?
Toro Rosso: Stay away from the Caterhams! Ricciardo and Vergne need more experience.
SPEEDtv: Can they stop tape-delaying the races? It's really annoying.

If we are going on pure on-track performance, however, than Kamui Kobayashi must be the favorite. He was far too over-aggressive and fully deserves his penalty for the next race.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
tkcom

Post by tkcom »

Williams DESTROY! DESTOY! DESTROY! (Senna on Kobayashi, Maldonado on Hamilton)
Toro Rosso Using Caterham like punching bag.

DHMs
Kobayashi Yes, you.
McLaren Front jack, dreadful Button and Hamilton's tyres management.
Last edited by tkcom on 24 Jun 2012, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Boomstick wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zmeHij13YY

....to me it looks like he puts a fair dab of oppo' of before he clatters into Hamilton, still a clumsy move tho :oops: from both of them...

The opposite lock only comes in after he's hit Hamilton's sidepod, but before he's hit his wheel, though.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

TheBigJ wrote:

Yeah, I think Hamilton knew it was only a matter of time before Maldonado got past, but was incredibly stubborn and wouldn't give room to Pastor. Karma for Monaco last year, I think. Hence, I won't vote for Maldonado because he had a very good race.

I will vote for Toro Rosso today, because:
a) Both cars were outqualified by Kovalainen.
b) Vergne was quite stupid and swept across Kovalainen's front wing to end his own race.

Dishonourable mentions to us lot, for a) expecting a processions and b) castigating Glock's decision not to race. He had a intestinal infection...shame on you guys.

I wouldn't miss either driver if they were replaced. A season of GP2 would have been a good idea...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
James1978

Post by James1978 »

I don't really know where to start!

I think I'll say:

Bronze: Jenson Button - where was he again?? Yes Hamilton may have been too aggressive defending from Maldonado but at least he was way in front of his teammate again
Silver: Jean-Eric Vergne - not only was that a stupiud lunge at Kovalainen but he mangled the car driving too fast back to the pits. His grid penalty will make little difference anyway as he always misses Q1.....
Gold: Sorry to say it but Kamui Kobayashi. Turned Mr Clumsy big time - kamikaze instead of banzai!!!
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
QuickYoda41

Post by QuickYoda41 »

QuickYoda41 wrote:QuickYoda41's Predictions
2012 European Grand Prix:
ROTR: all of those predicting the race/the circuit for ROTR

:D :D :D

Although I probably won't win the points, because there were lots of rejectful performances on the circuit: Jean-Eric Vergne, Pastor Maldonado, Fake Senna with the accidents they caused.

I almost forgot: Renault - responsible for Vettel and Grosjean's early exit
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

There are a lot of nominations flying around, so I'll throw another into the works (although I think it has already been alluded to):

The FIA rules regarding replacement drivers: Why does a replacement driver have to have driven on the Saturday of a GP meeting? No team ever gets a third driver driving the car on a Saturday. Change the rules so that a driver having driven the car at any point over the weekend (heck, I know that only includes the day before, the driver isn't going to forget that quickly are they?!) may then compete later in the weekend. Or reintroduce Sunday morning warm-up - it'll give the replacement driver a bit of (additional) run-time, it'll help the uber-reliability of F1 by helping to introduce race unreliabilty...

But we would then have had 24 cars in today's race, not 23!

EDIT: And extra practice sessions would not only give third drivers more track time (yeah, why not have a third-driver-only session on either the Friday or Saturday?), but give spectators more value for money... Could also give the 3rd drivers a chance to develop their development skills.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

They used to have something like that back in 2003. If I remember correctly, teams that finished 6th or below in the Constructors Championshipin 2002 were allowed to run their cars on Thursday (maybe Friday morning) in a two-hour session. Then a couple of practice sessions on Friday (plus stage 1 quali), couple of practice sessions on Saturday (and stage 2 quali), Sunday morning warm-up and then the race.

I'd like to see something similar brought back. FP1 would be allocated only for 'friday (test driver) drivers' with FP2 and FP3 run under normal conditions. Then a half-hour Sunday warm-up IF NEEDED (as in: replacement driver, changing weather conditions etc).
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Helmut Marko: Who are the drivers that aren't good to be a Red Bull driver now?
Toro Rosso: Crashing with Caterhams? :roll:
Bruno Senna: His crash with Kobayashi could have ended in a pile-up. C'mon Bruno, Stop crashing!
Mclaren: Ramilton is back, Button still awful, the Car is burning tyres and the Pitcrews still screwing Hamilton's races.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
stupot94

Post by stupot94 »

McLarens pits. The Curse strikes again!
Say your prayers, here comes the Pastor
mario

Post by mario »

dr-baker wrote:There are a lot of nominations flying around, so I'll throw another into the works (although I think it has already been alluded to):

The FIA rules regarding replacement drivers: Why does a replacement driver have to have driven on the Saturday of a GP meeting? No team ever gets a third driver driving the car on a Saturday. Change the rules so that a driver having driven the car at any point over the weekend (heck, I know that only includes the day before, the driver isn't going to forget that quickly are they?!) may then compete later in the weekend. Or reintroduce Sunday morning warm-up - it'll give the replacement driver a bit of (additional) run-time, it'll help the uber-reliability of F1 by helping to introduce race unreliabilty...

EDIT: And extra practice sessions would not only give third drivers more track time (yeah, why not have a third-driver-only session on either the Friday or Saturday?), but give spectators more value for money... Could also give the 3rd drivers a chance to develop their development skills.

As I understand things, the biggest problem for Marussia is that they don't have a nominated reserve driver at all - as I believe that de Villota is ineligible for a super licence, she is only the designated test driver. Neither Glock nor the team seem to have planned for what would happen if one of their drivers was unable to race, so Marussia were in a situation where they would have needed to find another driver with a super licence that was willing to drive for them with virtually no notice - in which case, I think that perhaps Marussia and Glock should have given greater thought to that contingency before the race weekend (I would assume that Glock picked up that infection some time before the race weekend).
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

1. Lewis Hamilton: Pulled an Andrea de Ceasaris on the dying laps, and cost Maldanaldo a well deserved 3rd place.

2. Romain Grojean's Alternator: Cruely robbed him of a 2nd place finish, possibly a win as well.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Dj_bereta wrote:Helmut Marko: Who are the drivers that aren't good to be a Red Bull driver now?.

One of them finished 4th :lol:

Buemi and Alguersuari were dumped at the best possible time. This year's Toro Rosso is crap, Caterham were better than them this weekend.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Plenty of candidates here.

Kobayashi was too impatient. Maldonado was too aggressive but Hamilton was also an idiot for not just giving that one up. Petrov and Ricciardo - not really sure what was going on there to be honest. Karthikeyan - speeding in the pit lane! Button wasn't great again.

But it has to be Vergne - that was just idiotic.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I think the entire field bar Alonso, Schumacher, Webber and Hulkenberg could be deserving of a nomination. So many candidates, let's make a start somewhere.

F1 Rejects Forums - :oops: :oops:
Bruno Senna - Stupidly cut across Kamui, an incident that was inevitable considering how bunched that gaggle of cars was.
Alternators - cost GRSSSJJJNNN a real chance of victory and stopped Vettel in his tyre tracks.
Kamui - Too aggressive today. :(
McLaren pitstops - The most embarrassing gaffe yet, allowed Alonso to jump Hamilton.
Bunsen Jetton - WHERE was he today?
The Reverend - Should have backed out of the move considering Hamilton had shoved him off the track at that point
Lewis Hamilton - Reverted to his bad old ways. Petulant radio messages, ridiculous defending that eventually caught him out, and that temper tantrum. Welcome back, Lewis Ramilton...

But there can only be one ROTR, and that has to go to...

Scuderia Toro Rosso - Vergne and Ricciardo managed to ruin the races of both Caterhams, when they looked properly impressive out there. Bring back Buemi and the Alguersaurus.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

I think it's harsh for people to vote on Senna. After all, you just don't try and pass a car there. And East Londoner, I feel you may have contradicted yourself a little wih your explanations on Senna and Kobayashi, if you are referring to their crash.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

mario wrote:
dr-baker wrote:There are a lot of nominations flying around, so I'll throw another into the works (although I think it has already been alluded to):

As I understand things, the biggest problem for Marussia is that they don't have a nominated reserve driver at all - as I believe that de Villota is ineligible for a super licence, she is only the designated test driver. Neither Glock nor the team seem to have planned for what would happen if one of their drivers was unable to race, so Marussia were in a situation where they would have needed to find another driver with a super licence that was willing to drive for them with virtually no notice - in which case, I think that perhaps Marussia and Glock should have given greater thought to that contingency before the race weekend (I would assume that Glock picked up that infection some time before the race weekend).

In which case, the testing ban and Superlicence rules suck even more - Maria has sufficient experience to show that she can handle a powerful single-seater and keep out of trouble. She ought to have been able to have attempted to qualify - the 107% rule would have been there if she wasn't up to the task on the day. MARIA DE VILLOTA OUGHT TO HAVE BEEN GIVEN AN OPPORTUNITY, DAMMIT. And I don't care whose fault it is - Marussia/the FIA/O'Glock's tummy bug, she should have been allowed to try.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

My nomination has to be Toro Rosso

They were poor, very poor. Slow even for their standards in qualifying, and then involved in incidents with the Caterhams. Ok, Ricciardo's was not fully his fault, but Vergne was being an idiot.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
LellaLombardi

Post by LellaLombardi »

Agree completely dr baker. I was actually quite excited when I heard Glock was unwell that we might finally see Maria on the grid. As you say, she should at least have been allowed to give it a shot, even for the publicity that it would have generated for F1 if nothing else and it might have livened up what could potentially have been a boring weekend.

However my ROTR:

1. Maldonado - I must have been watching a different crash to everyone else because I thought Hamilton was well past him and it looked to me like Pastor just belted him as he came back on the track. Either way he certainly wasn't blameless. Like Montoya, only not as good

2. Kobayashi - I wonder if he is getting a bit desperate to prove something now with Perez very much becoming the golden boy at Sauber. Even when Perez is lacking pace he usually gets the car home into the points, a sign of his maturity. I love Banzai Kobi but I think his judgement is a bit skewed these days.
Maria De Villotta will forever be badass. Rest in Peace.
Pulling for Schumi and Jules.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Toro Rosso, especially Jean-Éric Vergne: Dafuq were you doing?
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Toro Rosso: Slower than Caterham, with 2 of the worst drivers on the grid. Seriously, I have a higher opinion of Charles Pic than I do of Ricciardo and Vergne at the moment.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

pasta_maldonado wrote:2.F1Rejects Forum Members Apart from Klon, who seriously predicted an interesting race? Phoenix even fell asleep writing his predictions.

I'm fairly sure this is the way to go. Just look at the names we gave the grand prix in the predicament predictions!
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I think when taking a look at the Maldonado incident, it's both drivers' fault to some extent, and hence neither are worthy of reject of the race. Both had driven good races up until that point. Pastor should have been more patient, he had a lap and a half to get past Hamilton, he didn't need to be rash, but Hamilton should have given him far more room than he did. For someone on shot tyres with little hope of defending, he drove far too aggressively.

I think Vergne deserves it for his dumb move across on Kovalainen.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
mario

Post by mario »

Nuppiz wrote:Toro Rosso, especially Jean-Éric Vergne: Dafuq were you doing?

I am inclined to agree with the suggestion of Toro Rosso, and Vergne in particular - they started out terribly in qualifying, had a poor start (both Ricciardo and Vergne lost ground off the line) and had fairly wretched races.
The collision between Ricciardo and Petrov was clumsy, but what is most confusion is what on earth Vergne thought he would achieve by turning into Heikki's path - Heikki described Vergne's move as a "rookie error", which sums it up completely - not to mention the fact that Verge was trying to get back far too quickly to the pits, which only compounded his mistake by shredding the floor and his rear brake ducts into bits.
Although Hamilton and Maldonado were both somewhat foolish in their actions (Hamilton should have accepted that his tyres were shot and Maldonado was going to get past him sooner rather than later, whilst Maldonado would have been better advised to back off given that he had time, and a considerable grip advantage, and might have had a better chance at passing Hamilton in the next few corners), at least they were fighting over a potential podium finish - Vergne was fighting with Heikki over 17th place at the time, so there was no need to be so overly aggressive for such a lowly position.

RealRacingRoots wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:2.F1Rejects Forum Members Apart from Klon, who seriously predicted an interesting race? Phoenix even fell asleep writing his predictions.

I'm fairly sure this is the way to go. Just look at the names we gave the grand prix in the predicament predictions!

It'd be fair in one sense - our esteemed web masters once awarded themselves a ROTR after getting a major prediction utterly wrong, so there would be a certain poetic justice in that sense.
[Oh, and on an off topic note - to answer the question in your signature, a Paladin is either an elite warrior from the court of Charlemagne, often romanticised in later fictional accounts to fit with the ideal of a chivalric hero, or, more mundanely, a self-propelled howitzer designed by the US military.]
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

A lot of contenders today, but it's gotta be Vergne.
mario

Post by mario »

dr-baker wrote:
mario wrote:

In which case, the testing ban and Superlicence rules suck even more - Maria has sufficient experience to show that she can handle a powerful single-seater and keep out of trouble. She ought to have been able to have attempted to qualify - the 107% rule would have been there if she wasn't up to the task on the day. MARIA DE VILLOTA OUGHT TO HAVE BEEN GIVEN AN OPPORTUNITY, DAMMIT. And I don't care whose fault it is - Marussia/the FIA/O'Glock's tummy bug, she should have been allowed to try.

Latest news from Kravitz's post race show suggests that the senior management were not very happy with Glock's decision not to tell them that he was unwell until quite late on.
Moreover, it looks like de Villota was not considered as a potential replacement - Kravitz mentioned that Marussia wanted to use D'Ambrosio as a temporary driver for Glock, but because Glock only pulled out after the final practise session, it was impossible for D'Ambrosio to take over Glock's seat (setting the car up alone would probably have taken more time than they would have had available between FP3 and qualifying). I don't think that he meant to, but it sounds as if Glock's attempts to push through his illness actually hindered Marussia more than they helped.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

d'Am who??? :lol:
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Maldonado.
Trump 2016
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

mario wrote:[Oh, and on an off topic note - to answer the question in your signature, a Paladin is either an elite warrior from the court of Charlemagne, often romanticised in later fictional accounts to fit with the ideal of a chivalric hero, or, more mundanely, a self-propelled howitzer designed by the US military.]

I think the joke goes over almost everyone's head. Might as well show where it comes from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otf9Bnm48Kk

(Also, I like how if you Google search "what's a paladin" a bunch a photos that I've posted here show up.:lol: )

But outside of everyone but Klon from the forum presumably getting ROTR IMO, racing using your brain has been lacking the whole weekend. It showed a lot in a GP2 race and it continued today.

Toro Rosso are once again the odd team out in the midfield, like they were in 2009 with the pace in the belly of the beast being so good and so close right now. But I nominate (in terms of the race itself) all of the midfield EXCEPT Force India and Perez for ROTR (which does include Caterham). It took sloppy driving and a raunchy track to produce a good race when it's generally a bore-fest (I guess Vettel retiring does help that alot). I actually don't mind the Valencia track that much, perhaps turn 13 needs to be widened on the inside a tad (for more driving space when defending) but outside that, the bridge sucks. I hate the bridge with a passion. The H4G Valencia Video tells the story
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Vergne for the most ridiculous, unjustifiable collision of the race, which is saying a lot. Dishonourable mention for alternators.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:Vergne for the most ridiculous, unjustifiable collision of the race, which is saying a lot.

And also the collision that made the race interesting. Sure, if Vergne had kept it together, Vettel would have retired - but I think a big part of the mad rush in the second half of the race was the way the other drivers could see Vettel fail. Would they have been as fired up if he had simply parked it and been wheeled off the circuit before they even got a chance to see it?

Although Vergne does deserve it for driving too fast after the accident and destroying his car. We've seen plenty of drivers take a rear puncture, coast back to the pits and rejoin the race, albeit in last place. Vergne drove too fast and pushed too hard once he had the puncture and as a result, demolished the floor.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
nigellamansell

Post by nigellamansell »

It has to be Maldonado...all he had to do was rejoin the track (safely) and then pressure Hamilton into making a mistake. He lost his team a whole bucketload of points.
Keeping away from the white lines...allegedly