A1GP 1950 Onwards

Archive for the three above subforums
Samster

A1GP 1950 Onwards

Post by Samster »

I'm going to start up an offline league with the A1 Grand Prix concept starting from the 1950 season. I'll use NR2003 to run the races. You can pick a country from the entry list posted and nominate drivers for each race. This would take place alongside all of the non-fictional series.

Drivers nominated must be active during that season and must be available for each of the races they are nominated for. So if for example, if Argentina wanted to run Juan Manuel Fangio at a race that takes place on the same weekend as a real F1 championship Grand Prix at a different venue then it wouldn't be allowed and Argentina would have to enter a different driver as Fangio's F1 commitments would take priority. If there are conflicting races at the same venue then the nominated driver can take part in both. You won't have to worry about that for now though as for the 1950 season their are no races that will conflict with the F1 schedule other than Monaco where both F1 and A1GP will take place on the same weekend.

Does this sound like a good idea. Choose a country from the entry list and nominate at least one driver for the 1950 season. They can come from any 4-wheeled discipline so long as they are currently active in real life for the season we are in.

The 1950 season calender and entry list can be found on it's very own wikia.

Home Page
http://a1grandprix.wikia.com/wiki/A1%20 ... -welcome=1

posting.php?mode=post&f=8
tommykl

Re: A1GP 1950 Onwards

Post by tommykl »

For Belgium, it's a complete no-brainer: Johnny Claes.

Also, for the Dominican Republic, I'll suggest the one, the only, the great, Porfirio Rubirosa.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Samster

Post by Samster »

I'll allow one team per member for now. Depending on how much interest this gets I might allow up to two per member.

Oh and also come up with a team name. This will be shown as the team running the franchise. So like Super Nova running Team New Zealand in the real A1GP series.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

I take offence at a Bathurst 1000, especially since it would have been the 500 back then and wasn't even held at the Mountain until 1963 :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

I will enter Team Thailand,run by Asia Racing with B.Bira at the wheel.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Samster

Post by Samster »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:I take offence at a Bathurst 1000, especially since it would have been the 500 back then and wasn't even held at the Mountain until 1963 :lol:

This can be our own version of the event taking place before the real-life event moved there. I might change the name of our's to the Panorama 1000 to avoid confusion with that event actually.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Team GDR, entering Willy Lehmann as their driver, will be run by the VSFK Racing Department (can someone figure out what that means in Russian? :? )
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Team Ultimate will take the French entry in partnership with Gordini.

Robert Manzon will take lead driver role with Maurice Trintignant the reserve.
Message me on Discord.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Then Ecurie Belge will enter Johnny Claes.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Apollonia Racing will run the Czechoslovakian team with Eliška Junková as a driver.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Sussex Racing will run Team England with Peter Whitehead at the wheel. Reg Parnell will be the reserve.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Tax Exiles Elite will run the Swiss entry of Emmanuel de Graffenried.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Automovil Club Argentino (A.C.A.) will run the Argentinian entry of José Froilán González. If we are allowed two drivers per team, Alfredo Pián will race in a second car. Samster, while the series having it's own wiki was a god idea, don't you think it would be a better idea to put the wiki entry on the official F1 Rejects wiki instead? I don't mean to be rude or anything but as you said yourself, it will be run in conjunction with other series on these forums.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Samster

Post by Samster »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Automovil Club Argentino (A.C.A.) will run the Argentinian entry of José Froilán González. If we are allowed two drivers per team, Alfredo Pián will race in a second car. Samster, while the series having it's own wiki was a god idea, don't you think it would be a better idea to put the wiki entry on the official F1 Rejects wiki instead? I don't mean to be rude or anything but as you said yourself, it will be run in conjunction with other series on these forums.

I meant that it runs in conjunction with the real world series, i.e. Formula 1, USAC, etc. It has nothing to do with the other rejects series. I did think of adding it to the wiki but I eventually want to give each driver and team their own pages with their records in the series so a separate wiki might be more practical. You can of course feel free to provide link to my wiki from the rejects wiki.

You can only have one car per team as was the case in the real A1GP. Of course you can switch drivers as much as you want between races so Gonzalez and Pian can share your car. I'm surprised that you've not entered Fangio though since I'm basing the driver ratings in game on their real-life ability. ;)
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Samster wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:Automovil Club Argentino (A.C.A.) will run the Argentinian entry of José Froilán González. If we are allowed two drivers per team, Alfredo Pián will race in a second car. Samster, while the series having it's own wiki was a god idea, don't you think it would be a better idea to put the wiki entry on the official F1 Rejects wiki instead? I don't mean to be rude or anything but as you said yourself, it will be run in conjunction with other series on these forums.

I meant that it runs in conjunction with the real world series, i.e. Formula 1, USAC, etc. It has nothing to do with the other rejects series. I did think of adding it to the wiki but I eventually want to give each driver and team their own pages with their records in the series so a separate wiki might be more practical. You can of course feel free to provide link to my wiki from the rejects wiki.

You can only have one car per team as was the case in the real A1GP. Of course you can switch drivers as much as you want between races so Gonzalez and Pian can share your car. I'm surprised that you've not entered Fangio though since I'm basing the driver ratings in game on their real-life ability. ;)

On the F1R wiki, teams and drivers have their own seperate pages with their stats and history on them. Here's an example of a team: Castrol Jones racing from the F1RWRS and a driver: Sammy Jones. Also, there are championships set in real life on the wiki, such as Alternate Formula One and my own rFactor alternate F1. hHaving everything on there makes everything to do with alternate championships so much easier in my opinion :) Anyway,I didn't choose to have Fangio because of his F1 commitments and because someone has to be a back-marker! :lol:
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 26 Jun 2012, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Automóvel Clube do Brasil will enter Team Brasil (with S not Z) and will enter Francisco 'Chico' Landi
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

It seems then I am destined to take the Italian entry then :)

Wealthy Italian businessman Angelo Moratti has decided he wants to expand in sport beyond just owning the great F.C. Internazionale Milano. This A1GP series is of interest to him, and he has decided to run the Italian team with a newly formed racing business called Scuderia Internazionale Milano. Piero Taruffi has been hired as the team's driver for the 1950 season.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Samster

Post by Samster »

H'mm interesting that none of the F1 1950 top 5 have been hired by their countries. In that case it looks like it will be a more open season than I first imagined. :)
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Leijona-autot will represent Finland in this series. Asser Wallenius will be driving for the team.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Johnnie Parsons will represent United States, entered by American Motor Racing. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Equipe Monaco will run the Monégasque entry with Louis Chiron.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Samster wrote:H'mm interesting that none of the F1 1950 top 5 have been hired by their countries. In that case it looks like it will be a more open season than I first imagined. :)

This is F1Rejects! Fangio? Ascari? Farina? Pfft... Give me Claes, Manzon and B.Bira any day :)
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

AdrianSutil wrote:
Samster wrote:H'mm interesting that none of the F1 1950 top 5 have been hired by their countries. In that case it looks like it will be a more open season than I first imagined. :)

This is F1Rejects! Fangio? Ascari? Farina? Pfft... Give me Claes, Manzon and B.Bira any day :)

Speaking of rejects - these tracks for the first season are way to cliché. But I presume correctly there are not many better available, right?
Samster

Post by Samster »

Klon wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:

Speaking of rejects - these tracks for the first season are way to cliché. But I presume correctly there are not many better available, right?

I'm stuck with what is available to download for NR2003 and what is actually in existence for each season. Most glaringly of all, Monza is the only non-fictional Italian track. Even Imola doesn't seem to be available. On the other hand there are loads of tracks from U.S., Australia and England so there will be plenty of variety for their Grands Prix in the future. And I'm not sure there's even any South American tracks.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Racing For Holland will enter the Netherlands. Because of a lack of better driver, it'll be Dries Van Der Lof who takes on driver duties. (with Jan Flinterman being the reserve driver)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

This wrote:Racing For Holland will enter the Netherlands. Because of a lack of better driver, it'll be Dries Van Der Lof who takes on driver duties. (with Jan Flinterman being the reserve driver)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO He's taken. :cry: :cry: :cry: [/annoyedatmyselffornotcheckingthisthreadearlier]

I enter Team Australia, with Tony Gaze driving.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Samster

Post by Samster »

Since interest seems to be slowing down, I'll allow up to two teams per member.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Scottish racing driver David Murray has decided to set-up his own racing team, based in Merchiston, called Ecurie Ecosse. He will be fielding a car for Jimmy Stewart.
Yes, I know, Ecurie Ecosse wasn't founded until 1952, but I'm bending history slightly to fit a convenient story...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I'll reiterate my interest in a government-funded entry for the Dominican Republic driven by Porfirio Rubirosa.

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Tony Douglas, father of future F1RGP2 racer Tom Douglas will take the entries of Ireland and Germany, with Joe Kelly in the former and Paul Pietsch in the latter. I'll probably call again at the end of the year when they inevitably do shite :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Is Spain still available?
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

eurobrun wrote:Is Spain still available?

Indeed, it still is
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Team Uruguay will Enter Eitel Cantoni from Escuderia Bandeirantes
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Samster

Post by Samster »

eurobrun wrote:Is Spain still available?

Yes, just check the wiki for the entries.

http://a1grandprix.wikia.com/wiki/A1_Gr ... 950_Season
Samster

Post by Samster »

Wizzie wrote:Tony Douglas, father of future F1RGP2 racer Tom Douglas will take the entries of Ireland and Germany, with Joe Kelly in the former and Paul Pietsch in the latter. I'll probably call again at the end of the year when they inevitably do shite :lol:

What will be your team name?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Douglas-Cliff Racing with business partner Jackie Cliff. Many years later, Tom sold his father's share in the team which meant the Cliffs had to find a new backer to fill the financial hole left by the Douglas family. Enter the cigarette brand West and we now have was was known as West Cliff Racing (Although, due to tightening advertising regulations, they spent the vast majority of their later years simply known as Cliff Racing to get past them). Yes, I am filling in the back-story of the West Cliff Racing team :lol:
RonDenisDeletraz

The Spanish team will be called Spanish Racing Team and I will find a driver tomorrow morning.

Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

eurobrun wrote:The Spanish team will be called Spanish Racing Team and I will find a driver tomorrow morning.

May I suggest Paco Godia, Antonio Creus or Joaquin Palacio?
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Wizzie wrote:Douglas-Cliff Racing with business partner Jackie Cliff. Many years later, Tom sold his father's share in the team which meant the Cliffs had to find a new backer to fill the financial hole left by the Douglas family. Enter the cigarette brand West and we now have was was known as West Cliff Racing (Although, due to tightening advertising regulations, they spent the vast majority of their later years simply known as Cliff Racing to get past them). Yes, I am filling in the back-story of the West Cliff Racing team :lol:

Huh? I though the West part in West Cliff Racing meant 'western cliff'? :?

DR-BAKER!
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Danish Motorsports will run the Danish team with Robert Nelleman.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in