The Ali Dia Football/Soccer Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
AdrianSutil

Re: The Ali Dia Football/Soccer Thread

Post by AdrianSutil »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
David AGS wrote:Man you got a coooool job if ur watching the game for job reasons!

That source also says RVP deal is done to MU, pushing to make deal official by weekend (first game of year)

We wait and see!

I was all for selling RVP... to anyone, but MU or Man City

I didn't want to sell him to ANY prem side. But going to United has hurt me a bit. I thought he was different and actually cared about Arsenal. bathplug him. Hope the Dutch prick fails and he's sold back to Holland for 50p
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

WaffleCat wrote:I am a Kopite at heart,and Michael Owen(wherever the bathplug he is now) is still my favourite player,but I'd support any team but Man U.Unless it's Chelsea playing against them. Then I hope for the controversy of the year to erupt at their game and both teams get docked points. :twisted:

I don't mind seeing any team do well as long as they haven't bought their way to their success. Now, as a Blackburn fan that's pretty hypocritical of me when you consider what happened when Jack Walker took over the club and transformed it, but at that moment in time I was a toddler and only started supporting them at the turn of the millennium. That's why I prefer to see United do well over City, because the owners haven't come in and just acted like knobheads in the transfer window, and the same reason why I'm not keen on Chelsea. Smart, shrewd purchases and the employment of good tactics to get the best out the players available is the mark of a good football team in my opinion.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AdrianSutil wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:
David AGS wrote:Man you got a coooool job if ur watching the game for job reasons!

That source also says RVP deal is done to MU, pushing to make deal official by weekend (first game of year)

We wait and see!

I was all for selling RVP... to anyone, but MU or Man City

I didn't want to sell him to ANY prem side. But going to United has hurt me a bit. I thought he was different and actually cared about Arsenal. bathplug him. Hope the Dutch prick fails and he's sold back to Holland for 50p

Please god no, his most likely destination outside of England is Juventus. If he does awesome there, the rest of Serie A is screwed.

But, on the other hand, if Juve pay crazy money for him, and then he picks up a 10 month injury in this first appearance...muahahahaha.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Alex Ferguson logic:

Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

kostas22 wrote:
FantometteBR wrote:Isn't something on topic right now, but just saying I am watching a fine Brazilian Second Division game here (well mostly for job reasons)

Does this mean a match didn't end in a fight for once? :lol:

Some do... but others end up in weird mistakes, like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwSUlV8BxTM (the second goal)
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

FantometteBR wrote:
kostas22 wrote:
FantometteBR wrote:Isn't something on topic right now, but just saying I am watching a fine Brazilian Second Division game here (well mostly for job reasons)

Does this mean a match didn't end in a fight for once? :lol:

Some do... but others end up in weird mistakes, like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwSUlV8BxTM (the second goal)

Do you mean the first one? Becuse the second goal was pretty good!
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I've never been less interested for the start of a new season, ever. Make of that what you will, but I think the Olympics has killed football for me once and for all.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

East Londoner wrote:I've never been less interested for the start of a new season, ever. Make of that what you will, but I think the Olympics has killed football for me once and for all.

To suggest Olympic football is representative of professional leagues is a joke. I think if that's the attitude you've got, you were never a fan to start with.

Image Image
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

kostas22 wrote:
East Londoner wrote:I've never been less interested for the start of a new season, ever. Make of that what you will, but I think the Olympics has killed football for me once and for all.

To suggest Olympic football is representative of professional leagues is a joke. I think if that's the attitude you've got, you were never a fan to start with.

Meh. :|

If Portsmouth weren't bathplugged enough already, they certainly are now as Balram Chainrai has withdrawn his offer to buy the club. RIP Portsmouth F.C? :|

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19267273
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Nah they won't let that happen, the Supporters' Trust will take it over. Pompey will fall, more than they have already, but they wont disappear. I'm not much of a fan of Portsmouth, but if a city needed it's team more than any other, I'd say it would be Portsmouth. You only have to look at the fanbase to see that.

On the subject of Olympic football - bear in mind it's merely a sideshow to the professional game, certainly in respect of the men's side of things. Team GB were never going to manage much given the short timeframe that the squad was assembled in, and the lack of experience the players had playing with each other beforehand. Considering they were going up against the established junior sides from around the globe, I think they did pretty well.

I'm actually quite looking forward to the new season for Blackburn, it's a new period for the club and I'm looking forward to seeing how well they can manage in the Championship. Plus there's the prospect of actually seeing them play for the first time in years for me! :D

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:I'm actually quite looking forward to the new season for Blackburn, it's a new period for the club and I'm looking forward to seeing how well they can manage in the Championship. Plus there's the prospect of actually seeing them play for the first time in years for me! :D

Can't wait to see Jordan Rhodes tear up the Championship and make the league his b*tch. This kid is really really good. I honestly think if he keeps his career on track he'll surpass Denis Law. We might actually qualify for something with him leading our attack. If only we could produce an attacking mid with some flair to compliment him...having James Forrest out on the wing should help though. It seems we're actualy producing some decent talent now. Fraser Fyvie comes to mind as well.

Image Image
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Last night, Belgium actually beat the Netherlands 4-2 in a friendly after scoring three goals in five minutes :shock:
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

tommykl wrote:Last night, Belgium actually beat the Netherlands 4-2 in a friendly after scoring three goals in five minutes :shock:

Last night, England came from behind to beat Italy 2-1. Not the greatest team in the world, but still, you know how shite England can be. But the most shocking news of all was that Milner wasn't absolute shite! :o
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
tommykl wrote:Last night, Belgium actually beat the Netherlands 4-2 in a friendly after scoring three goals in five minutes :shock:

Last night, England came from behind to beat Italy 2-1. Not the greatest team in the world, but still, you know how shite England can be. But the most shocking news of all was that Milner wasn't absolute shite! :o

Did Jack Butland play in goal? That kids got a lot of potential.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

AdrianSutil wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

Did Jack Butland play in goal? That kids got a lot of potential.

He played until half time, and was subbed for Ruddy
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Was Mudingayi playing? :lol:

pasta_maldonado wrote:Last night, England came from behind to beat Italy 2-1. Not the greatest team in the world...

No, not the greatest, I'll admit. But the second greatest. They should have started Verratti, they need a Pirlo to function properly and he is his successor, but he was only given about half an hour off the bench. Prandelli played a very experimental side. There is promise in this new crop of youngsters, they just need a little more time to improve.

Image Image
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

kostas22 wrote:

No, no he wasn't :lol:
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
QuickYoda41

Post by QuickYoda41 »

As for Belgium, I saw the odds of a betting site yesterday - I was surprised a little bit that they think Belgium is the strongest in their World Cup qualification group. I personally would say Croatia still looks better, but it seems there's hope for Belgian football.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

QuickYoda41 wrote:As for Belgium, I saw the odds of a betting site yesterday - I was surprised a little bit that they think Belgium is the strongest in their World Cup qualification group. I personally would say Croatia still looks better, but it seems there's hope for Belgian football.

Your team has some good players. Hazard, Witsel, Lukaku, Vertonghen, Gillet...

Image Image
QuickYoda41

Post by QuickYoda41 »

Not mine, I was just analyzing and giving hope to the Belgian fellas. :lol:

After all, when I'm talking about hope in our, Hungarian football, no one believes it here.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

QuickYoda41 wrote:Not mine, I was just analyzing and giving hope to the Belgian fellas. :lol:

After all, when I'm talking about hope in our, Hungarian football, no one believes it here.

Hungarian players...geez, this one will be a struggle...eh....Laczko (he plays for Sampdoria), Bogdan and Megyeri as GKs, Zoltan Gera, Balazs Dszudszak, Tamas Hajnal, Vladimir Koman, Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer (can't remember his first name :lol:).

That's all I've got. None are particularly stellar players. Maybe Bogdan and Dszudszak are the best.

Image Image
Whis

Post by Whis »

kostas22 wrote:

pasta_maldonado wrote:Last night, England came from behind to beat Italy 2-1. Not the greatest team in the world...

No, not the greatest, I'll admit. But the second greatest. They should have started Verratti, they need a Pirlo to function properly and he is his successor, but he was only given about half an hour off the bench. Prandelli played a very experimental side. There is promise in this new crop of youngsters, they just need a little more time to improve.

kostas, you have to be honest... who was the best player yesterday along with Destro? 8-)
QuickYoda41

Post by QuickYoda41 »

kostas22 wrote:
QuickYoda41 wrote:Not mine, I was just analyzing and giving hope to the Belgian fellas. :lol:

Hungarian players...geez, this one will be a struggle...eh....Laczko (he plays for Sampdoria), Bogdan and Megyeri as GKs, Zoltan Gera, Balazs Dszudszak, Tamas Hajnal, Vladimir Koman, Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer (can't remember his first name :lol:).

That's all I've got. None are particularly stellar players. Maybe Bogdan and Dszudszak are the best.

Not bad, I wasn't sure, how long that list would be. Even spelling is good except for Dzsudzsák, every non-Hungarians nightmare name. :lol:

Besides the players you've mentioned, strong points are/can be Roland Juhász, a really good Defender (plays for Anderlecht), Dániel Tozsér, who was signed by Genoa this summer from Genk (it's a pity our head coach doesn't seem to like him very much), and I have high hopes for Ádám Szalai (Mainz, former Real Madrid youth team member).
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Whis wrote:
kostas22 wrote:

kostas, you have to be honest... who was the best player yesterday along with Destro? 8-)

Ogbonna! Yes, he's only had a handful of Serie A apperances back when he was still a young lad, but he clearly has talent. I hope he has a great season for Torino, blocking those Gobbi b******s shots on goal in the Turin Derby, and then transfers to Inter. :D

Image Image
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

I think Belgium can win something major in the next few years.

A prev post mentioned a few big names, also add Vermaelen (Arsenal captain?), Moussa Dembele whos a gun from Fulham (if he stays!), Marouane Fellaini (the guy with the fro from Everton), Romain Lukaku (tall ST from Chelsea), and another GK Mignolet from Sunderland.

Hungary: Tamasz Priskin (hes faded from Internationals lately though), Peter Halmosi, and a very underrated GK Gabor Kiraly!

RVP is finally gone, Song potentially is gone, Bendtner gone too. Kostas, talk (not from my source!) says Bendtner could be a potential swap with AC Milan for Mexes. What you think. (I know u follow Inter but you would know more on Serie A in general than me!)
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

David AGS wrote:RVP is finally gone, Song potentially is gone, Bendtner gone too. Kostas, talk (not from my source!) says Bendtner could be a potential swap with AC Milan for Mexes. What you think. (I know u follow Inter but you would know more on Serie A in general than me!)

I think this could happen if Cassano walks out. Bendtner has potential if he's played as a support striker like for the national team instead of an out-and-out CF, and that's currently Cassano's role. However, Cassano is miles better than Bendtner, but, it seems unless Allegri does some major damage control quickly, he will try to force a move to Sampdoria.

As for Mexes, it fits with their attempts to offload the ageing deadweight in their team. He signed for nothing last season anyway and is past his prime (he was really great for Roma and under-rated back then, but now, with age, he has declined). I think it is a pointless deal for Arsenal, I don't know how good Djourou is but I would assume Mexes would be replacing him as third choice CB.

However, if Cassano stays put, they won't need Bendtner, and the deal won't make sense for AC anymore. Unless they can use him in a trade for a position they need players for, they will just look for hard cash. And you'd have to be an idiot to stump up serious cash for Mexes now.

Image Image
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Here is a very good tribute video for THE BEST GOALKEEPER EVER, Oliver Kahn! Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeNMffTcRUo
MIA SAN MIA!
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

kostas22 wrote:Can't wait to see Jordan Rhodes tear up the Championship and make the league his b*tch. This kid is really really good. I honestly think if he keeps his career on track he'll surpass Denis Law. We might actually qualify for something with him leading our attack. If only we could produce an attacking mid with some flair to compliment him...having James Forrest out on the wing should help though. It seems we're actualy producing some decent talent now. Fraser Fyvie comes to mind as well.

When Lee Clark took charge of us, I was praying he'd sign Jordan Rhodes from Huddersfield, as they've obviously worked together, but King and Lovenkrands will definitely do.

Who's going to games tomorrow?
I like the way Snrub thinks!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I'd love to see Rhodes go to Blackburn, but it seems Huddersfield are keen on holding on to him. I hope they don't end up paying loads for him and he goes and ends up like Jonathon Stead. He came from Huddersfield too, had a really good second half of 2004, and was touted as the next big thing, but has done bugger all for the rest of his career.

The first, and probably only game I'll make all year will be Rovers' away game at Bristol City on 15th September, and even then it's not a definite!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

Djourou is about 4th-5th inline (Vermaelen, Koscielny, Mertesaker and Djourou/Ignasi Miquel. Honestly, Miguel is the next hot shot from reserves who can play. Played a handful games last season. Squillaci is still on the books too!

Wenger has also confirmed interest in Sahin. If Song goes (which he will), Sahin is most likely in also with M'Vila. Just under 6 hours to kick off, cant wait!
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

QuickYoda41

Post by QuickYoda41 »

David AGS wrote:Hungary: Tamasz Priskin (hes faded from Internationals lately though), Peter Halmosi, and a very underrated GK Gabor Kiraly!

I always thought Kiraly was overrated, at least in the last few years. He was great until the mid '00-s, I think, but now I'm glad we finally consider new options in the goal.

While everyone here is excited (including myself) that the Premier League and La Liga season starts within hours, or that Alvaro Pereira could be the latest signing of Inter Milan, Hungary's getting ready for the derby. Tomorrow: Ujpest-Ferencváros. I don't think many of you give a bathplug, but it's the same in Hungary as the Real-Barca, Inter-Juve, Man Utd-Liverpool in their respective countries.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

QuickYoda41 wrote:
David AGS wrote:Hungary: Tamasz Priskin (hes faded from Internationals lately though), Peter Halmosi, and a very underrated GK Gabor Kiraly!

I always thought Kiraly was overrated, at least in the last few years. He was great until the mid '00-s, I think, but now I'm glad we finally consider new options in the goal.

While everyone here is excited (including myself) that the Premier League and La Liga season starts within hours, or that Alvaro Pereira could be the latest signing of Inter Milan, Hungary's getting ready for the derby. Tomorrow: Ujpest-Ferencváros. I don't think many of you give a bathplug, but it's the same in Hungary as the Real-Barca, Inter-Juve, Man Utd-Liverpool in their respective countries.

So which one is the evil cheating match-fixing bastards then? :lol:

Image Image
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

We were poor today against Charlton, a draw was probably a fair result, as the ref was a bit of a James Allen. Butland made some good saves though.
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

Bit flat today were the Gunners, had 1-2 chances didnt take em. Sunderland had 1 chance early and that was it, so I guess we settled for a point. Either way were still ahead of the Spuds!

Carzola looked good, despite not being 100% fit, and just arriving on the Friday, rest were all okay without being outstanding. Kudos to West Brom who beat Liverpool, and Swansea/Fulham winning 5-0.

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

David AGS wrote:Either way were still ahead of the Spuds!

When I saw that I acctually laughed! :lol: To be fair to Newcastle, they have a strong team now.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

David AGS wrote:Bit flat today were the Gunners, had 1-2 chances didnt take em. Sunderland had 1 chance early and that was it, so I guess we settled for a point. Either way were still ahead of the Spuds!

Carzola looked good, despite not being 100% fit, and just arriving on the Friday, rest were all okay without being outstanding. Kudos to West Brom who beat Liverpool, and Swansea/Fulham winning 5-0.

Arsenal bathplugged me over on my accumulator. Although if they didn't, Chelsea probably would have done so today.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
David AGS wrote:Either way were still ahead of the Spuds!

When I saw that I acctually laughed! :lol: To be fair to Newcastle, they have a strong team now.

Wae'aye man, Demba Ba's got his form back and everything! Gonna win the Premier League!

Image Image
QuickYoda41

Post by QuickYoda41 »

kostas22 wrote:
QuickYoda41 wrote:

So which one is the evil cheating match-fixing bastards then? :lol:

:D :D :D

Ujpest are the evil ones but at least they're not cheating. Or if they were last year, their 13th place (out of 16 teams) is even lamer. :lol: They were actually never relegated to the second division but in the first 1 or 2 season of Hungarian football history, they weren't in the top division. They are 20-times champion, but the last of them came in 1998 - and it'll be the last forever :twisted:

Ferencváros is the mighty Hungarian team, record champions (28 titles), the only Hungarian team to have won an established international cup (1965 Inter-Cities Fairs Cup (later UEFA Cup, today Europa League), actually beating Juventus in the final :D :D ). We were never relegated on merit, either, but because of financial reasons 6 years ago. Since then, the beloved Fradi is really struggling, but we're still better than the purple monkeys - I hope we prove that today, as well. 8-)
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

QuickYoda41 wrote: :D :D :D

Ujpest are the evil ones but at least they're not cheating. Or if they were last year, their 13th place (out of 16 teams) is even lamer. :lol: They were actually never relegated to the second division but in the first 1 or 2 season of Hungarian football history, they weren't in the top division. They are 20-times champion, but the last of them came in 1998 - and it'll be the last forever :twisted:

Ferencváros is the mighty Hungarian team, record champions (28 titles), the only Hungarian team to have won an established international cup (1965 Inter-Cities Fairs Cup (later UEFA Cup, today Europa League), actually beating Juventus in the final :D :D ). We were never relegated on merit, either, but because of financial reasons 6 years ago. Since then, the beloved Fradi is really struggling, but we're still better than the purple monkeys - I hope we prove that today, as well. 8-)

I think I will support Ferencváros then :mrgreen:

Image Image
QuickYoda41

Post by QuickYoda41 »

As for yesterday's Premier League action, I watched the Villa-game which you haven't mentioned yet - well, hopeless would be a good word to describe Villa's performance.

What made me feel better was Swansea's huge victory over "clever spender" QPR :lol: , and also Gera's brilliant strike against Liverpool (he played for Ferencváros in Hungary before singing to England).