):(

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Snoozey2

):(

Post by Snoozey2 »

:evil:
Last edited by Snoozey2 on 17 Jan 2010, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Bruno Senna - Campos confirmed!

Post by FullMetalJack »

One of the most legendary Formula 1 names returns, If he's half as good as his uncle then he's gonna have a great career.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

I wish him all the best, he'll have a hard task keeping up to that name (I hope he doesn't make a Piquet out of himself.. ;) ).
An animator that happens to love racing... :)
http://lostpin.net
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

lostpin wrote:I wish him all the best, he'll have a hard task keeping up to that name (I hope he doesn't make a Piquet out of himself.. ;) ).

:lol:

The resemblance really is eerie. Here's hoping for the best while expecting the worst; I now believe CamposMeta might actually make the grid. :o
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Fitch

Post by Fitch »

Yes the Resemblance is there, but.......

This.......

Is eerie......
Rentragmuab Tlosz!!!!!
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

I noticed the resemblance too when they interviewed him at one GP. If he was his son, it would be almost expected, but for a nephew? It's eerie, all right.

Mind you, looks and name mean nothing if he doesnt back them up with performances. (but in his defence, its a brand new team) I wish him well...
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
rffp

Post by rffp »

Apart from the doubts over the Campos team, I hope Bruno Senna can dettach from all the hype surrounding his family ties. Piquet Jr is there to prove that surname is no guarantee for success and Barrichello is there to prove that getting carried away by the media circus is a way to get yourself ridicularized.
A fan of Roberto Pupo Moreno, the one and only, the legend!
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Old news - we knew Senna would be driving for Campos at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Welcome to two weks ago.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Jordan192

Post by Jordan192 »

Captain Hammer wrote:Old news - we knew Senna would be driving for Campos at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Welcome to two weks ago.

Do you have to be quite so condescending? We knew Alonso would be driving for Ferrari in 2010 18 months ago, too, but any mention of it here would get shouted down by your insistence it was just a rumour. Either we're allowed to talk about rumours or we wait for the official announcements. Please pick one and stick to it.

I really don't want to get into a LOLINTERNETSFIGHT over this, but your posts seem to have been become quite abruptly dismissive of other people's opinions lately.
I coined the term "Lewisteria". The irony is that I actually quite like Lewis Hamilton.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Jordan192 wrote:Do you have to be quite so condescending? We knew Alonso would be driving for Ferrari in 2010 18 months ago, too, but any mention of it here would get shouted down by your insistence it was just a rumour.

Subtle but important difference: Adrian Campos openly said that Senna would drive for him on the Saturday of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

In the case of Alonso, we did not know that he would drive for Ferrari in 2010, only that he had signed a pre-contract that paved the way for him to drive in 2011. He would only drive sooner if an opening came up. In fact, if you go back and read the article that officially announces him as their driver, Ferrari make it plain that Alonso had only been signed on a few days previously because he had only become and option a few days previously. Eveything before that had been rumour and speculation and by no means confirmed. All it was was the Spanish press thinking they could influence Ferrari's drive line-up.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

I have the deal as having been official since October 31st:

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/article/1256980846/formula_one/F1headlines/Senna-confirmed-at-Campos/view.html

But I do agree with Jordan in terms of general snippiness - let's all be nice. It's only a bit of sport.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Huzzah, we can have a Senna as an F1 Reject!
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Snoozey2 wrote:
The resemblance is eerie.

Can anyone give him a Marlboro fatigue? :)

As a big fan of Ayrton, I can only hope nothing but success for Bruno, and also for Campos being an Spanish team :)
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

redbulljack14 wrote:One of the most legendary Formula 1 names returns, If he's half as good as his uncle then he's gonna have a great career.

Why, was Campos' uncle a good racer too?

OH, I see.....
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

As a 26-year-old, Bruno Senna is quite old for a F1 debutant these days... :lol:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Nuppiz wrote:As a 26-year-old, Bruno Senna is quite old for a F1 debutant these days... :lol:

That's true. Of 2009 drivers Bourdais was oldest at 29, Kovalainen and Webber were 25 and everyone else younger. Meanwhile, Massa, Alonso, Alguersuari, Buemi, Vettel, Rosberg, Button and Barrichello debuted before turning 21.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Snoozey2 wrote:Image

Does anyone else thinkthat Adrian Campos could a dead ring-in be Luca di Montezemolo's younger brother?
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

He's looking at Bruno like he's seeing a pile of cash. Oh...
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

CarlosFerreira wrote:He's looking at Bruno like he's seeing a pile of cash. Oh...

Where has cynicism ever got anybody?
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

shinji wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:He's looking at Bruno like he's seeing a pile of cash. Oh...

Where has cynicism ever got anybody?

To Formula 1?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Fitch

Post by Fitch »

O NOES a LOLINTERNETSFIGHT..............

Get 2 da ROFLCoppter!!!!!1111!!!11
Rentragmuab Tlosz!!!!!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Well, he COULD need that virtual cash...
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Phoenix wrote:

No, wait! I got it! What Campos is thinking is "My Precious!..." :lol:
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Jordan192

Post by Jordan192 »

"Of course it's not about sponsorship. Meal Ticket will be a crucial part of our team"

(with apologies to Seth McFarlane)
I coined the term "Lewisteria". The irony is that I actually quite like Lewis Hamilton.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

No, wait! I got it! What Campos is thinking is "My Precious!..." :lol:

Indeed, that's the face of the hungry coyote :lol: