RTCC - A New Touring Car Series!!!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Salamander

Re: RTCC - A New Touring Car Series!!!

Post by Salamander »

East Londoner wrote:
Someone from TGOWRY wrote:Why didn't Volvo give our team an upgraded spec car? :evil: :evil:

Paul Jenkins wrote:Because our Renault was far more shite. Far, far more shite.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Alasdair Lindsay wrote:WHAT THE HELL? Why are our guys at the factory giving the customer teams the best machines and leaving us with guff!! ITS SUPPOSED TO BE THE OTHER WAY ROUND YOU NUMPTIES.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Round 2- Donington

Race 2 - Qualifying

Team Ultimate were back to their old ways. Furious at a lack of pace yesterday, the mechanics were set to work on the car - and BANG! A front row lock-out for the squad, with Michael Prost taking his first pole position in the RTCC. Giovanardi lines up third on the grid, with Thorne 4th, and Lutz 5th for Phoenix Audi. Ben Fleet will be happy with 5th position, Paul Jenkins pulled the improved Renault to 8th on the grid, while Yeun-Ching Leung lines up 10th, a personal best. Race 1 winner Garry Jones couldn't manage anything better than 22nd on the grid, while Rydell will be dissapointed to not be at the front like Giovanardi. Rafael Modena and Rck Tyryn line up 34th and 35th.

Race 2

Menu: Er, Hello and welcome to ITV PMMT's coverage of the RTCC. Coming up is Race 2 of Round 2 at Donnington. For those wondering where my co-commentator, Edward Bens, is, he's having some slight toilet trouble. When I say slight, I mean torrential brown rain, a la Monaco 84. Michael Prost lines up on pole today, after being the fourth different pole-sitter in 4 races. Can Cave Johnson alongside him make it 4 different winners from as many different races? Or can Prost or Giovanardi claim their second win of the season? We'll find out soon, as the cars round the hairpin on their formation lap.

Bens: Yes, and what a race it's going to be Jean. I was just caught up on the grid making my way to the commentary box...

Menu: *mirth*

Bens: What? What did you about my *whisper* predicament?

Menu: Errrm.....nothing.... *uncontrollable laughter*

Bens: Hmmnnnn. Why don't I believe you?

Menu: *Silence*

Bens: Anyway, the man waves his green flag, that's the signal to start the race. One red light, Two red lights, Three red lights, Four red lights, Five Red Lights...... AND IT'S GO GO GO! Johnson gets a poor start.... GREAT START FROM GIOVANARDI! Streams past Johnson.. Thorne's all over the back of the American! Into the first corner...Prost's pulling away! And they all get through safely... what a great start from Giovanardi Jean!

Menu: Yes Ed, on the throttle at the right moment, no wheelspin, and a poor start from Jonson helped him out.

Bens: As we go under the Dunlop Bridge now, Giovanardi's right on the back of Prost, Johnson's dropped back a bit, and Giovanardi has a look under braking! Through the chicane, Prost shuts the door, moves to the right..... leaves the door open, GIOVANARDI'S DOWN THE INSIDE! Andd... and... he's THROUGH, BUT, Prost is still alongside him, he has the inside for the last corner, Giovanrdi shuts the door, CONTACT! PROST OUTBRAKES HIMSELF! Contact with Giovanardi's driver's side door.... both cars still on track though, with Giovanardi pulling away a little down the straight!

Menu: Two uncharacteristic mistakes from Prost there, and he's handed Giovanrdi the lead. He'll be annoyed with that, Ed, but you can't focus on mistakes otherwise things can go downhill. He'll be trying to keep Johnson behind now, and focus on catching Giovanardi

--------
Lap 3

Menu: Giovanardi leads by two seconds now. He's do- Zimmer makes a move!

Bens: SIDE BY SIDE DOWN THE MAIN STRAIGHT! Can Zimmer keep it together? HE CAN! And sets off after Prost!

Menu: He's gaining on Prost through the Craner Curves Ed, and he's right on Prost's tail under the Bridge...

Bens: AND HE MAKES A MOVE ! DOWN THE INSIDE INTO MCLEAN'S! Andd.... he makes it stick! Zimmer up into second position!

Menu: He launched that one from far back, Ed, Prost just ddin't see it coming...

Bens: And as the field come under the Dunlop bridge, Giovanardi still leads by 2.5 seconds, from Zimmer and Prost, with Leung in 5th! What a drive from her!

Menu: Spinner under braking! Who's that?

Bens: IT'S LUDWIG!

Menu: And here's a replay..... Right.... there's Carrington-Smythe on the left... He just touches Sutherland in front, and is hit from behind, and round he goes..

Bens: He was in 15th place... It was Cleland who hit him! Well, Klaus has kept the engine running, and rejoins inlast place....

------

Lap 8

Bens: As we cross the line to start Lap 9, Giovanardi leads by 4 seconds from Zimmer and Prost, with Johnson a further 4 seconds back. Carrington-Smythe is up to 5th, with Leung in 6th, Gheorghiu in 7th, Nurmovitsch in 8th, Fleet in 9th and Richie White in 10th position.....

Menu: White in the points for the first time! He'll be looking to keep oput of trouble Ed, and to bring the Volvo home in one piece for a large points haul for his team.

--------

Lap 10

Bens: Zimmer's cut down Giovanardi's lead down to 2.4 seconds now... Prost is right behind him across the line... AND PROST PULLS OUT!

Menu: Can he keep it together....Zimmer's left no room... it's going to be tight...ooohh.. he's done it!

Bens: AND PROST IS NOW IN SECOND PLACE!

-------
Lap 12

Bens: As we ride on board with Cae Johnson... he's just got past Carrington-Smythe, and he's got Fleet a second in front of him.

Menu: Yes Ed, and Johnson has been lapping about 1 second quicker than Prost and Fleet, he can do it.

Bens: CONTACT! IT'S FLEET AND LEUNG! Fleet made an oppurtunistic move into Coppice, and they scraped wide... AND JOHNSON GOES THROUGH! Up into 4th position!

------
Lap 15

Bens: And Giovanardi rounds the final turn, to win Race 2 by 4 seconds ahead of Zimmer, with Prost crossing the line fourth and Johnson fifth. No pole sitter has run a race this season, Jean.

Menu: Yes, it shows you just how competitive the field is and how close the racing has been this year - Hermann Mann must be very pleased.

Post-race

Bens: Here is Herman Mann. Hello Hermann

Mann: Guten Abend.

Menu: So, Hermann, what have you thought of the races so far?

Mann: I have been very impresched with the rasching scho far, Jean, Team Ultimate und Martini Nishan Rashing have done eine good jod scho far

Menu: Who has impressed you so far this season, Hermann?

Mann: Michael Prost hasch done a good job, and Klaus Ludwig hasch been very impreshive.

Menu: He's only scored 7 points, Hermann...

Mann: Ja, but his car isch sponsored by meine favourite drinke, die Jagermeister, you see?

Menu: Right..... Hermann, did you seen Ed leave?

Mann: Ja, he said he had eine pressing meeting, Jean.

Menu: *mirth*

Mann: What?

Menu: I'd give the toilet a miss if I were you.....

-------

Driver's Championship
1: Michael Prost - 55pts
2:Cave Johnson - 54pts
3: Fabrizio Giovanardi - 50pts
4: Ben Fleet - 44pts
5: John Zimmer - 33pts
6: Robbie Thorne - 32pts
=: Rob Collard - 30pts
8: Garry Jones - 27pts
9: Catalin Gheorghiu - 20pts
= Michael Bartels - 20pts
11: Jody Radcliffe - 18pts
12: Nathan Nurmester - 17pts
13: Uwe Alzen - 16pts
= Rory McGatley - 16pts
15: Hywel Jones - 15pts
16: Rck Tyryn - 14pts
17: Nickolai Nurmovitsch - 12pts
18: Percival Carrington-Smythe - 11pts
19: Yeun-Ching Leung - 9pts
= Keiran Sutherland - 9pts
21:Mike Burns - 8pts
22: Klaus Ludwig - 7pts
= Rickard Rydell - 7pts
= Aurelienn Moll - 7pts
= Thomas De Bock - 7pts
26: Robert Anderson - 6pts
27: Paul Jenkins - 5pts
= Rafael Modena - 5pts
29: Martin McFry - 4pts
= Richie White - 4pts
31: Florence Briggs - 3pts
= John Cleland - 3pts
33: Theo Lutz - 1pt

Teams Championship
1: Team Ultimate - 149pts
2: MNR - 58pts
3: TART - 48pts
4: Zakspeed - 43pts
5: Prism -40pts
6: Kickert - 33pts
7: McGatley - 30pts
8:Nurminen - 29pts
= Astral - 29pts
10: Sweetcorn - 27pts
11: Phoenix - 24pts
12: Wales - 21pts
13: Renault - 16pts
14: ECB - 14pts
15: TGWORY - 7pts

Manufacturer's Cup
1: Nissan (Primera) - 91pts
2: Ford (Mondeo) - 71pts
3: Volvo (S40) - 33pts
= Holden (Vectra) - 33pts
5: Vauxhall (Vectra) - 32pts
6: BMW (320) - 30pts
7: Audi (A4) - 24pts
8: Peugoet (406) - 14pts
9: Renault (Laguna) - 13pts

Kwik-Fit Independant's Cup
1: Ben Fleet - 44pts
2: John Zimmer - 33pts
3: Garry Jones - 27pts
4: Catalin Gheorghiu - 20pts
= Michael Bartels - 20pts
6: Nathan Nurmester - 17pts
7: Uwe Alzen - 16pts
= Rory McGatley - 16pts
9: Hywel Jones - 15pts
10: Rck Tyryn - 14pts
11: Nickolai Nurmovitsch - 12pts
12: Yeun-Ching Leung - 9pts
= Keiran Sutherland - 9pts
14: Klaus Ludwig - 7pts
15: Robert Anderson - 6pts
16: Martin McFry - 4pts
= Richie White - 4pts
18: Florence Briggs - 3pts

Daily Star Independant's Championship
1: TART - 48pts
2: Zakspeed - 43pts
3: Kickert - 33pts
4: McGatley - 30pts
5:Nurminen - 29pts
= Astral - 29pts
7: Sweetcorn - 27pts
8: Wales - 21pts
9: Taiwan - 9pts
10: TGWORY - 7pts

So, what do you all think of the championship so far? Do you like the commentary?
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

Riccardo Patrese wrote:I told you, fratello, I warned you about the sidekick...

Kieran Sutherland wrote:IT JUST KEEPS HAPPENING

So far so good, Pasta.
Last edited by Pamphlet on 03 Jun 2012, 20:49, edited 1 time in total.
Sticking his neck on the line, one post at a time. Oh, and Singapore is still better than Monaco.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Pamphlet wrote:
Riccardo Patrese wrote:I told you, fratello, I warned you about the sidekick...

Kieran Sutherland wrote:IT JUST KEEPS HAPPENING

Paul Jenkins wrote:He did tell you about sidekicks, man. And, speaking of sidekicks...
Percival Carrington-Smythe wrote:I'll have you know, good sir, that without my sponsorship you'd still be racing those dreary old Clios.
Paul Jenkins wrote:Besides the point!
Everything's great.
Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

Paul Jenkins wrote:He did tell you about sidekicks, man. And, speaking of sidekicks...

Percival Carrington-Smythe wrote:I'll have you know, good sir, that without my sponsorship you'd still be racing those dreary old Clios.

Paul Jenkins wrote:Besides the point!

Kieran Sutherland wrote:Luckily for you, you're not getting torn to pieces by a Romanian. Worse yet, he has 2.222222...times as many points as I do. At least Percy only has 2.2 times as many points as you!
Last edited by Pamphlet on 03 Jun 2012, 20:44, edited 2 times in total.
Sticking his neck on the line, one post at a time. Oh, and Singapore is still better than Monaco.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Kieran Sutherland wrote:Luckily for you, you're not getting torn to pieces by a Romanian. Worse yet, he has 2.222222...times as many points as I do. At least Percy only has 2.2 times as many points as you!
Paul Jenkins wrote:You think being beaten by somebody who pretends they're a sterotypical British gentleman is better? Clearly, we have to do something to rectify this situation...
Everything's great.
Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

Paul Jenkins wrote:You think being beaten by somebody who pretends they're a sterotypical British gentleman is better? Clearly, we have to do something to rectify this situation...

Kieran Sutherland wrote:Fair point. Look, if you ca-- wait...we have company. Gimme a second.

Catalin Gheorghiu wrote:...hey, K, I bought a protective headpiece. Did I miss any--

Catalin Gheorghiu, after receiving a critical hit to the 'nads wrote:WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Niko Nurminen wrote:After a bad qualifying, this is probably the best we could get from the race. Nikolai made a very good job and improved from his qualifying position well, while Nathan was unlucky and got stuck behind other cars.

(behind the scenes):
Nathan, you dolt! Even if you're still ahead of Nikolai in the points, you can't keep on trundling around the back like that. Finishing in 22nd is just as useless as retiring, so why on earth weren't you more aggressive?
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Kieran Sutherland wrote:Fair point. Look, if you ca-- wait...we have company. Gimme a second.

Catalin Gheorghiu wrote:...hey, K, I bought a protective headpiece. Did I miss any--

Catalin Gheorghiu, after receiving a critical hit to the 'nads wrote:WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!

Paul Jenkins wrote:Heh heh. So, where were we?
Everything's great.
Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

Paul Jenkins wrote:Heh heh. So, where were we?

Kieran Sutherland wrote:I can't remember. Something about a...catastrophic failure, I think?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Kieran Sutherland wrote:I can't remember. Something about a...catastrophic failure, I think?

Paul Jenkins wrote:Trying to stop our sidekicks from showing us up. I... look, I'd better get back to the garage before people start getting suspicious. Try and come up with a plan, and we can discuss it after the next race. I'll do the same.
Everything's great.
Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

Paul Jenkins wrote:Trying to stop our sidekicks from showing us up. I... look, I'd better get back to the garage before people start getting suspicious. Try and come up with a plan, and we can discuss it after the next race. I'll do the same.

Kieran Sutherland wrote:As you wish, my...wait.

Catalin Gheorghiu wrote:I heard tha--

Catalin Gheorghiu, running away from a frenzied Kieran Sutherland wrote:ON SECOND THOUGHT, I DIDN'T HEAR ANYTHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Last edited by Pamphlet on 03 Jun 2012, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Alasdair Lindsay (over team radios) wrote:GRANDIOSO FABRIZIO! Azionamento Incredibile...terzo posto in campionato...grazie Fabrizio, grazie.

CLELAND! HEED OOT YER ARSE LAD. I expect better. Look, just imagine every car in front of you is Steve Soper. That should do the trick eh?

Jävla helvete Rickard...min Svenska inte bra, men jag försöker förklara...GÅ FORTARE!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Hey Pasta, is this on hiatus, or dead? I was enjoying this...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

dr-baker wrote:Hey Pasta, is this on hiatus, or dead? I was enjoying this...

:oops: To be honest I completely forgot about this!! I've just got to finish an Alternate 79 race report, then I'll do an RTCC race :)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Hey Pasta, is this on hiatus, or dead? I was enjoying this...

:oops: To be honest I completely forgot about this!! I've just got to finish an Alternate 79 race report, then I'll do an RTCC race :)

:o :) :D :mrgreen:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Pasta, with your computer sent into repair, does this mean RTCC is also on hiatus? :|
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

FMecha wrote:Pasta, with your computer sent into repair, does this mean RTCC is also on hiatus? :|

Yes :( I have all game fes for the RTCC and F1 79 backed up, so that will not be a problem. It'll probay be a month's hiatus
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
FMecha wrote:Pasta, with your computer sent into repair, does this mean RTCC is also on hiatus? :|

Yes :( I have all game fes for the RTCC and F1 79 backed up, so that will not be a problem. It'll probay be a month's hiatus

:cry: Never mind, these things happen, I suppose.
MCard LOLA
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Update: New Computer on the way. Expect an update in the next week! (Sorry for those who were enjoying this championship and the lack of updates.)
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

If you'll excuse me for a second as I get all impatient with you, but any chance of this continuing? F1Rejects needs its touring car category :mrgreen:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

the Masked Lapwing wrote:If you'll excuse me for a second as I get all impatient with you, but any chance of this continuing? F1Rejects needs its touring car category :mrgreen:

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about this. You're right, F1Rejects does need it's touring car category. For which, I propose that the 1998 season is cancelled, and we start again in 2015, using the same cars, of course. Then it could run with the F1RWRS, and be in the same timeline. Washed-up F1 drivers coul;d find a placee in here as well! I also have more elements to add to the series as well, like car tuning, the ability to choose from any BTCC car from 1991-2000, and success ballast, as well as a revamp of the driver stats system. All teams entered into the 1998 season would be entered into 2015 automatically, unless they want to pull out, and I will open up the entry lists for anyone else as well. Thoughts?
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
the Masked Lapwing wrote:If you'll excuse me for a second as I get all impatient with you, but any chance of this continuing? F1Rejects needs its touring car category :mrgreen:

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about this. You're right, F1Rejects does need it's touring car category. For which, I propose that the 1998 season is cancelled, and we start again in 2015, using the same cars, of course. Then it could run with the F1RWRS, and be in the same timeline. Washed-up F1 drivers coul;d find a placee in here as well! I also have more elements to add to the series as well, like car tuning, the ability to choose from any BTCC car from 1991-2000, and success ballast, as well as a revamp of the driver stats system. All teams entered into the 1998 season would be entered into 2015 automatically, unless they want to pull out, and I will open up the entry lists for anyone else as well. Thoughts?

As long as I can get an entry this is OK with me.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

pasta_maldonado wrote:

It's fine,I'll just move Rck Tyryn's and Rory McGately's birthdates up a little.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

The Sun wrote: Hermann Mann Arrested
Hermann Mann, the chairman of the RTCC, has today been arrested on charges of drug possesion. Police were called to Hermann Mann's home on the outskirts of Munich after his latest party proved to be too noisy, and they promptly found the German on the floor with cannabis in his pockets. Hermann has protested his innocence, claiming it was a set up. "It vas Jason Plato!" cried the RTCC supremo as he was stuffed in a police van "He shet me up!". The police could find no evidence to back up Hermann's claims, leaving him and the RTCC in the lurch. Unless a miracle occurs, the chances of Hermann walking out of court in a week's time a free man are slim. The German police are cracking down on drug use, so Herrmann Mann could be facing a 17 year sentence.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Team Ultimate celebrate their title as all is abandoned after 2 meetings. Cave Johnson heads to single seaters to join Michael Prost's son Sebastian. Michael continues in touring cars heading over to DTM, whilst Collard became a Btcc star.

2017 arrives, Team Ultimate dusts off thier victorious cars. Michael Prost is reunited with his car, Rob Collard swaggers back to his BMW. But there needs to be a 3rd man...Sebastian Prost, father and son racing in Fords! Seb Prost, 65 Aggression.
Last edited by Shadaza on 31 Aug 2012, 12:24, edited 1 time in total.
Message me on Discord.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

pasta_maldonado wrote:

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about this. You're right, F1Rejects does need it's touring car category. For which, I propose that the 1998 season is cancelled, and we start again in 2015, using the same cars, of course. Then it could run with the F1RWRS, and be in the same timeline. Washed-up F1 drivers could find a placee in here as well! I also have more elements to add to the series as well, like car tuning, the ability to choose from any BTCC car from 1991-2000, and success ballast, as well as a revamp of the driver stats system. All teams entered into the 1998 season would be entered into 2015 automatically, unless they want to pull out, and I will open up the entry lists for anyone else as well. Thoughts?

Sounds fine to me!
MCard LOLA
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Not for me. But with Robert still feeling pain from F1RGP2C Spa 1996 injury (he will proably still have that pain in 1997) that may explain it somewhat. But I still disagree. :roll:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

As long as it continues, I'm happy :D

Although now that it's 2015, I'll change Kickert Motorsport Engineering to ZimSport, use #31 and #32 (if they were available, otherwise #031 and #032) and have orange, black and white liveries on both cars (which will both be Holdens).
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

So with that, it is now 2015, new rules, a new Universe, new cars, and a new thread.....
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Blast. I have to create a new team entirely. I'm not advertising a 17 year old album by a band who haven't released anything new since 2006 in the revamped series. :evil:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l