No QADBAK.. Just Sauber.. like the old days :-) - Confirmed!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
mario

Re: No QADBAK.. Just Sauber.. like the old days :-) - Confirmed!

Post by mario »

Yannick wrote:Congratulations to Sauber for getting the 13th slot on the grid.

However, this decision of the FIA might not calm the webmaster and the senior GP analyst from handing out the site's prestigious award for 2009 to either BMW or Toyota - or to the manufacturers in general.

But all is not final yet on the award, since it might also go to Bernie or to Simon Gillett of Donington for wasting the opportunities they had in securing the British GP.

It is very good news to hear that Sauber has got the final grid slot - it feels a bit like welcoming an old friend back home (which, I suppose in a way we are). Here's hoping that the C29 is more competitive then the BMW-Sauber was this year.

On another (off topic) note, for my money, the award for Reject of the Year has to be Gillett and the Donington GP debacle. Frankly, the proposal sounded a bit questionable from the start - and now that Donington Ventures is in administration, all that's left behind are piles of mud, a partially rebuilt track and a massive debt.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Question now is will we have
or
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I think we will see Fisichella there in 2010 and Jules Bianchi in 2011 ;)
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
rffp

Post by rffp »

It is good to know that in such a transition year as 2010 will be, the departure of manufacturers will be succeeded by the second coming of people committed to racing and not just other manufacturers or hacks that just want to say "I own a F-1 team".

They will struggle next year I think, but hopefully they will end the season as a strong midfield team as they usually were. We hope that Pete Sauber continues to have a keen eye for new talents as he had in the past.
A fan of Roberto Pupo Moreno, the one and only, the legend!
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

shinji wrote:Question now is will we have

Who is the driver in that? The helmet looks a little like Schumachers but he was well with Benatton by that time...
Just curious.

Regardless, its good to hear that there is another team thats interests is solely in motorsport, and not about shifting cars or some marketing gimmick. Shame he has to cut his staff though
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Collieafc wrote:
shinji wrote:Question now is will we have

Who is the driver in that? The helmet looks a little like Schumachers but he was well with Benatton by that time...
Just curious.

I'm pretty sure thats Heinz-Harald Frentzen.

Image Image
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Driver is JJ Lehto.

He had several helmet liveries in his career but those stripes on the side were part of them almost everywhere. Two examples, first is from his Dallara days and second one after his F1 career.

lostpin

Re: No QADBAK.. Just Sauber.. like the old days :-)

Post by lostpin »

Collieafc wrote:Would be ace if they had the Black Ferrari even just for one race

Well as far as I remember they had a black nosecone back in 2001, because of the 9/11 thing I believe. Imagine what would have to happen in order to paint their entire car black... :shock:
An animator that happens to love racing... :)
http://lostpin.net
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

lostpin wrote:
Collieafc wrote:Would be ace if they had the Black Ferrari even just for one race

Well as far as I remember they had a black nosecone back in 2001, because of the 9/11 thing I believe. Imagine what would have to happen in order to paint their entire car black... :shock:

They also had a black nosecone after the death of John Paul II

Image Image
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

kostas22 wrote:
lostpin wrote:

They also had a black nosecone after the death of John Paul II

So if a Pope dies in a building struck by a plane, we get a beautiful Ferrari! C'mon terrorists, get some balls!
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

shinji wrote:So if a Pope dies in a building struck by a plane, we get a beautiful Ferrari! C'mon terrorists, get some balls!

Crash the plane yourself. If you want something, do it yourself.
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

Phoenix wrote:
shinji wrote:So if a Pope dies in a building struck by a plane, we get a beautiful Ferrari! C'mon terrorists, get some balls!

Crash the plane yourself. If you want something, do it yourself.

Nah, they'll just put another black nose... It has to be some major disaster... ;)
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

lostpin wrote:Nah, they'll just put another black nose... It has to be some major disaster... ;)

Like saying Zsolt Baumgartner?
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

I hope he didn't hear that... because if he did, we'll be seeing black Ferraris 'till the end of our days... :lol:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

lostpin wrote:I hope he didn't hear that... because if he did, we'll be seeing black Ferraris 'till the end of our days... :lol:

But that would surely be a reward rather than a punishment... The correct punishment would be a bright pink Ferrari...?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

dr-baker wrote:
lostpin wrote:I hope he didn't hear that... because if he did, we'll be seeing black Ferraris 'till the end of our days... :lol:

But that would surely be a reward rather than a punishment... The correct punishment would be a bright pink Ferrari...?

Noooo! My eyeeeessss! Damn you HWNSNBM!! :lol:
TeamTipper

Post by TeamTipper »

HWNSNBM as the main driver and Fisi for the 2nd drive. I know they said ferrari but which team brought Mercedes back in F1 in 1993? Sauber. Who built their sucessful sports cars. Sauber. I think in 2010 the 4th team to use Mercedes should be Sauber. Maybe they could do a Brawn for 2010 with HWNSNBM winning the title :lol:
Mechanical Engineering Student
Bias view of F1
Forti F1 Fan
TeamTipper for 2011 entry lol
HWSNBM as my No.1 driver
Formula One Rejects as my main sponsor
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Good, good news indeed. I don't think Sauber will do anything amazing any time soon, but there a bit of a "cuddly team" that you can't really say a bad word about and they've brought a few good drivers into F1. I hope that they can bring in some more hotshots (i.e. not Grrrrrrrjjjjjjjnnnnnnnn)

CarlosFerreira wrote:
razta wrote:Image

"Hello, this is Claudia. She's a photography model". :o

Looks like Kate's Dirty Sister has got a rival in the sexiest F1 car stakes.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Fitch

Post by Fitch »

Surprised no one caught on to the Interesting part of the FIA Press Release......

"The FIA has written to inform BMW Sauber AG that their application for an entry in the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship has been successful," said a statement issued by the FIA.

"Subject to their signing the Concorde Agreement, BMW Sauber will be awarded the 13th entry in the Championship, taking the place of the departing Toyota team.

"The FIA has worked closely with the Commercial Rights Holder and the teams involved over recent weeks and is grateful for their support in achieving the best outcome for the sport."

Let's see if you can figure it out......

Also, that Last line had me thinking...Maybe the reason it took them so long to confirm Sauber, was that Todt and company were trying to get the other teams to let Sauber back in with it's Seniority still intact.......
Rentragmuab Tlosz!!!!!
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Fitch wrote:Surprised no one caught on to the Interesting part of the FIA Press Release......

"The FIA has written to inform BMW Sauber AG that their application for an entry in the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship has been successful," said a statement issued by the FIA.

"Subject to their signing the Concorde Agreement, BMW Sauber will be awarded the 13th entry in the Championship, taking the place of the departing Toyota team.

"The FIA has worked closely with the Commercial Rights Holder and the teams involved over recent weeks and is grateful for their support in achieving the best outcome for the sport."

Let's see if you can figure it out......

I'm willing to be that it's something completely mundane. Is it the part about the fact that Sauber still need to sign the Concorde Agreement to officially be accepted to the grid? f so, it's nothing more than a formality. If the FIA say they're in, they're in.

Fitch wrote: Also, that Last line had me thinking...Maybe the reason it took them so long to confirm Sauber, was that Todt and company were trying to get the other teams to let Sauber back in with it's Seniority still intact.......

There is no such things as this "seniorty on the grid" that you speak of. If you're referring to the numberings, those are entirely dependent on the championship positions, and as a new team (as Brawn were considered new), Sauber are automatically moved to the back of the grid. The rules on this are very clear. And if you're referring to FOTA, Sauber was never a part of the organisation - BMW Sauber were, but they were not represented by Peter Sauber.

The delay in allowing Sauber to the grid came from the complicted situation surrounding Toyota's position and the two competing teams looking to fill the final spot. Nothing more, nothing less.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Captain Hammer wrote:There is no such things as this "seniorty on the grid" that you speak of. If you're referring to the numberings, those are entirely dependent on the championship positions, and as a new team (as Brawn were considered new), Sauber are automatically moved to the back of the grid. The rules on this are very clear. And if you're referring to FOTA, Sauber was never a part of the organisation - BMW Sauber were, but they were not represented by Peter Sauber.

The delay in allowing Sauber to the grid came from the complicted situation surrounding Toyota's position and the two competing teams looking to fill the final spot. Nothing more, nothing less.

About seniority: isn't there a coefficient in calculating TV money distribution that is related to the seniority of the team?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Fitch

Post by Fitch »

From what I read TV money is dependent on Team Seniority............As Carlos Pointed out......

The thing that Caught my eye was this part....

If BMW have sold the Team to Sauber..........Why has BMW Sauber AG's application been successful? Is this a Matter of BMW were the ones who filed the App. or is there something more to it??
Rentragmuab Tlosz!!!!!
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Fitch wrote:From what I read TV money is dependent on Team Seniority............As Carlos Pointed out......

The thing that Caught my eye was this part....

If BMW have sold the Team to Sauber..........Why has BMW Sauber AG's application been successful? Is this a Matter of BMW were the ones who filed the App. or is there something more to it??

As always, the deal selling BMW Sauber back to Sauber was contingent on BMW Sauber re-entering Formula One. It's kind of like the Louisiana Purchase.