The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hello everyone! New members' check in desk

Post by FullMetalJack »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
lgaquino wrote:hello all!

I'm Aquino, from Brazil. I've listened the F1Rejects podcast for a few years now, and the forum is mentioned quite often.. Since I usually can only manage to follow one forum at a time, I never joined here.
But well...there's a first time for everything, as it's said. After some weeks of only reading stuff here, I say hello all! :)

Regards.

Hello and welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll enjoy it, once you see past the slight madness :lol:

I'll apologise for that in advance.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Welcome
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Revelo

Post by Revelo »

Not so much new, but since it's been ages since I've posted I might as well introduce myself again.

So yes, I'm Revelo from Bristol, F1 fan all my life, always enjoy reading the articles on the website and it's nice to have an f1 forum to chat on and meet new people. :)
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Joined 31 Mar 2009? You is old school man!
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Warren Hughes wrote:Joined 31 Mar 2009? You is old school man!

Yeah, same as me.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

redbulljack14 wrote:

Yeah, same as me.

2 days after me! Lokking at my post count, a very busy two days... Although that isn't how it works. Obviously.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Revelo wrote:Not so much new, but since it's been ages since I've posted I might as well introduce myself again.

So yes, I'm Revelo from Bristol, F1 fan all my life, always enjoy reading the articles on the website and it's nice to have an f1 forum to chat on and meet new people. :)

Doing a Badoer I see. Not bad.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Revelo wrote:Not so much new, but since it's been ages since I've posted I might as well introduce myself again.

A Bristolian, eh? Nice to see another person fairly local to me (when I'm not at uni, that is...).
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

dr-baker wrote:
redbulljack14 wrote:

Yeah, same as me.

2 days after me! Lokking at my post count, a very busy two days... Although that isn't how it works. Obviously.

You're a day before me.

Welcome to the forum Revelo!
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Well after discovering the site mere minutes before it went under in a server error, I finally am able to register on this site.

Greetings from the eastern side of the Pacific. I have not been much of an F1 fan until recently, but whenever I do watch, I always root for the underdogs (or Williams, whoevers faster :lol: )

I have read quite a bit of articles on the main site, giving me a look into the parts of F1 that werent popular enough to skim the morning news here in the US. It was only recently that I found out about this forum, and I am eager to poke around and see what other people think about Formula 1.

Coupled with the booming fantasy racing category (A game style I really like, as I used to play on a pixelcar game) I feel like this place would be worth checking out.

I'm still a bit lost though on just how this community works, particularily on how to get my feet wet in the Perry McCarthy fantasy racing forum. Any help to let me get started would be appreciated.

Nice to meet you all and my hats off to those who have made it to F1, cause getting to such a level at all seems like a grand achievement of any racing driver.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Welcome to the forum mate. If you want to join the madness over at the Perry McCarthy Memorial Forum, you're probably best off joining either Ferrarist's IndyCar championship, KL Racer's DTM championship where being beaten by JLD is punishable by humiliation, or the utterly hilarious REECCS, as you should be able to get right into it without being put on a waiting list.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wizzie wrote:Welcome to the forum mate. If you want to join the madness over at the Perry McCarthy Memorial Forum, you're probably best off joining either Ferrarist's IndyCar championship, KL Racer's DTM championship where being beaten by JLD is punishable by humiliation, or the utterly hilarious REECCS, as you should be able to get right into it without being put on a waiting list.

And on the driver side of things, I think there's still quite a few openings in F3RWRS for 2016.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:And on the driver side of things, I think there's still quite a few openings in F3RWRS for 2016.

IFRC has a lot of openings as well. In fact, Cynon has exclusively offered his seats to members that aren't yet involved in the series at all.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Or if you want to start from the bottom and work your way up, there are plenty of spaces in the F1RDS as well I think.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

If historical series are your thing, there's always room for fantasy drivers in rFaF1 :)

And welcome to the floor :)
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

There's literally no limit to entries in the F1WRCR either, so you'll fit right in :) Welcome to the forum, by the way
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

I think one of the most confusing things for a newcomer to the Perry McCarthy Forum would be all those abbreviations and acronyms - perhaps there should be some sticky thread with their full titles, links to the threads and a brief explanation of what each entails etc. I mean, I'm ever so slightly intimidated by all the talk about F1RDS and F1WRCR, and I imagine that feeling could only be multiplied for a new member. Could be an idea if you want to entice newcomers, the old reliables might know all the intricacies but you can't take it for granted that everyone does.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

shinji wrote:I think one of the most confusing things for a newcomer to the Perry McCarthy Forum would be all those abbreviations and acronyms - perhaps there should be some sticky thread with their full titles, links to the threads and a brief explanation of what each entails etc. I mean, I'm ever so slightly intimidated by all the talk about F1RDS and F1WRCR, and I imagine that feeling could only be multiplied for a new member. Could be an idea if you want to entice newcomers, the old reliables might know all the intricacies but you can't take it for granted that everyone does.

I agree - it took me a while to figure out how the system worked. I suggest that CaptianGetz12, and anyone else who is interested in entering PMMF, start by reading the PMMF wiki http://f1alternate.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
shinji wrote:I think one of the most confusing things for a newcomer to the Perry McCarthy Forum would be all those abbreviations and acronyms - perhaps there should be some sticky thread with their full titles, links to the threads and a brief explanation of what each entails etc. I mean, I'm ever so slightly intimidated by all the talk about F1RDS and F1WRCR, and I imagine that feeling could only be multiplied for a new member. Could be an idea if you want to entice newcomers, the old reliables might know all the intricacies but you can't take it for granted that everyone does.

I agree - it took me a while to figure out how the system worked. I suggest that CaptianGetz12, and anyone else who is interested in entering PMMF, start by reading the PMMF wiki http://f1alternate.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

Indeed. To say that PMMF has exploded could almost be an understatement. An F1RWRS entry is probably more valuable than an F1RWRS car's weight in gold nowadays. I've been in the top flight for almost a year now and still not scored a single point. Although, hopefully next season this will all change.

I believe I have a team in every series contained within the RWRS Universe, yet, I still have no idea what F1WRCR is...!

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:yet, I still have no idea what F1WRCR is...!

Formula One - We Recreate Reality. In other words, real-life drivers from the 1950s driving for both real-life and fictional entries, with a rather curious system that decides the result. Quite different from most other series, but fun!
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

Indeed. To say that PMMF has exploded could almost be an understatement. An F1RWRS entry is probably more valuable than an F1RWRS car's weight in gold nowadays. I've been in the top flight for almost a year now and still not scored a single point. Although, hopefully next season this will all change.

I believe I have a team in every series contained within the RWRS Universe, yet, I still have no idea what F1WRCR is...!

Well, if that's the case, no you don't, since F1WRCR is canon. :P
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Well, if that's the case, no you don't, since F1WRCR is canon. :P

According to the Wiki, no it isn't!

F1RWRS - check
F2RWRS - check
F3RWRS - check
IFRC - check
F1RICS - check
F1RDS - check
F1RNC - check
F1RSTC - check
F1RGP2C - no team, but Frederic-Maxime Voeckler as one of my drivers, so, check
Prost GP - check
Life GP - check
RTCC - check
rFAF1 - check

That's all the RWRS canon. So there. :P

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Well, if that's the case, no you don't, since F1WRCR is canon. :P

F1RWRS - check
F2RWRS - check
F3RWRS - check
IFRC - check
F1RICS - check
F1RDS - check
F1RNC - check
F1RSTC - check
Prost GP - check
Life GP - check
RTCC - check
rFAF1 - check

It is according to the Canon Discussion Thread. ;) Speaking of which, it might be a good idea if that was stickied...
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:

F1RWRS - check
F2RWRS - check
F3RWRS - check
IFRC - check
F1RICS - check
F1RDS - check
F1RNC - check
F1RSTC - check
Prost GP - check
Life GP - check
RTCC - check
rFAF1 - check

It is according to the Canon Discussion Thread. ;)

Hmm. I see there is no metion of Alternate A1GP, which was kind of the issue with F1WRCR, Luigi Fagioli was killed there but then drove after his 'death' in A1GP despite the intention of them being linked. That is what confused me and made me think perhaps it wasn't canon, because that messed up the timeline slightly.

Image Image
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

I do have to agree with Shinji: The acronyms are kind of a bit numerous for my taste, though i'll probably catch all of them soon enough. Still, it would be nice to have a guide on what all the acronyms mean.

Aside from that, thank you all for the warm welcome. Im off to prepare for my first race. Just need to figure out which one..
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
Stramala [kostas22] wrote:According to the Wiki, no it isn't!

F1RWRS - check
F2RWRS - check
F3RWRS - check
IFRC - check
F1RICS - check
F1RDS - check
F1RNC - check
F1RSTC - check
Prost GP - check
Life GP - check
RTCC - check
rFAF1 - check

It is according to the Canon Discussion Thread. ;)

Hmm. I see there is no metion of Alternate A1GP, which was kind of the issue with F1WRCR, Luigi Fagioli was killed there but then drove after his 'death' in A1GP despite the intention of them being linked. That is what confused me and made me think perhaps it wasn't canon, because that messed up the timeline slightly.

The thing is, I don't recall any intention of the two being linked in any way. The matter only came up when I attempted to justify Porfirio Rubirosa's place on the grid by his results in the A1GP (which backfired due to clashes with fatalities), which was rendered moot anyway by the second race of 1952 when he started to qualify regularly.

As I see it, F1WRCR is canon because there are links to the canon (through the Reathersons and Lillys)...
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

It should be linked. Especially as the Lilly's of yesteryear will soon have something to do with the Lilly of Kingfisher.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

AdrianSutil wrote:It should be linked. Especially as the Lilly's of yesteryear will soon have something to do with the Lilly of Kingfisher.

That reminds me, is Ashley Lilly a man or a woman? I always thought he/she was a man but someone put him/her on the female drivers page on the wiki.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:It should be linked. Especially as the Lilly's of yesteryear will soon have something to do with the Lilly of Kingfisher.

That reminds me, is Ashley Lilly a man or a woman? I always thought he/she was a man but someone put him/her on the female drivers page on the wiki.

Haha. The brilliance of a unisex name! Ashley Lilly is my real name so I'll let you work it out for yourself :lol:
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
DidNotQualify

Post by DidNotQualify »

Hello everyone!

I'm Chris, an English uni student who's been following F1 since 1999 (my first F1 memory is Mika Hakkinen throwing it into the wall at Imola), and I've been reading these forums for a couple of years before taking the plunge and signing up for the 2013 season. F1 Rejects is by far my favourite forum on the whole wide internet, so please don't change my opinion on that, guys. :)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

DidNotQualify wrote:Hello everyone!

I'm Chris, an English uni student who's been following F1 since 1999 (my first F1 memory is Mika Hakkinen throwing it into the wall at Imola), and I've been reading these forums for a couple of years before taking the plunge and signing up for the 2013 season. F1 Rejects is by far my favourite forum on the whole wide internet, so please don't change my opinion on that, guys. :)

If you have been reading these forums for a few years, I'll reckon you would have a fair idea of what you're letting yourself in for. So welcome!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hello DNQ, welcome to the forums :)
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Welcome to the forums. The 1999 season was also my first season (first memory is of Schumi's shunt at Silverstone).
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Welcome to the forum!
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

Welcome to all the new members. :-)
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
Dim

Post by Dim »

Hi guys!
My name is Dimitris and i'm from Greece.I've been a fan of f1rejects.com for over a year now but for reasons unknown(even to myself!) i didn't register to the forum.I've been into F1 for over 15 years and when i saw your site,i realised that the back of the grid is way more interesting than the front!Anyway,i'm glad i finally did this and hope for a great 2013 year!
PS I heard your latest podcast the other day and was very pleased that the name Super Aguri was mentioned.It reminded me that in Greek,aguri means cucumber!You can understand why this one is my favorite reject team!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Dim wrote:PS I heard your latest podcast the other day and was very pleased that the name Super Aguri was mentioned.It reminded me that in Greek,aguri means cucumber!You can understand why this one is my favorite reject team!

It's a shame Narain Karthikeyan never drove for them then.

Welcome.

Image Image
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Dim wrote:Hi guys!
My name is Dimitris and i'm from Greece.I've been a fan of f1rejects.com for over a year now but for reasons unknown(even to myself!) i didn't register to the forum.I've been into F1 for over 15 years and when i saw your site,i realised that the back of the grid is way more interesting than the front!Anyway,i'm glad i finally did this and hope for a great 2013 year!
PS I heard your latest podcast the other day and was very pleased that the name Super Aguri was mentioned.It reminded me that in Greek,aguri means cucumber!You can understand why this one is my favorite reject team!

Welcome to the forum!
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
johnnyCarwash

Post by johnnyCarwash »

Hi guys!

I'm Alex from the Uk and have been following f1 since I was little in the early 90s. I came across F1rejects.com a few years ago and its content is very informative and entertaining! Then late last year I stumbled across the forum and lurked for a while until this season to join mainly for the race predictions game and other race related ratings, such as the coveted reject of the race award :D. I hope to add to this great F1 related forum!
Finally in honour of F1rejects I am using one of the funniest nicknames given to a driver... JohnnyCarwash
The ChiltonCraze at the British Grand Prix
FIA driver press conference announcer wrote:On pole position for his home grand prix for the first time, Max Chilton
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

johnnyCarwash wrote:Hi guys!

I'm Alex from the Uk and have been following f1 since I was little in the early 90s. I came across F1rejects.com a few years ago and its content is very informative and entertaining! Then late last year I stumbled across the forum and lurked for a while until this season to join mainly for the race predictions game and other race related ratings, such as the coveted reject of the race award :D. I hope to add to this great F1 related forum!
Finally in honour of F1rejects I am using one of the funniest nicknames given to a driver... JohnnyCarwash

Welcome to the forum! Nice username as well! :lol:
TORA! TORA! TORA!