2016 IFRC season: NC race on P17, 2017 topic soon

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
DalekSam

Re: 2016 IFRC season: confirm entries

Post by DalekSam »

Nuppiz wrote:
DalekSam wrote:Winton will continue to use Pirelli tyres - we have no driver at the current time.

Alright, I take you'll also badge your Zyteks as Ilmor again, right? I also need confirmation on whether or not you want to run a second car.

Ilmor and one car.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Clockwork Racing (Cynon)
#39: TBA (If I don't get a driver from someone else, I'll make one up myself for this car)
T/RD: TBA
Engine: Ford-Cosworth
Tires: Cooper

I filled this info in on the wiki page. There is, however, no Cooper Tire logo so I'll have to add that myself...
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Backmarker wrote:Can I put in an application to join the waiting list for teams?

Yes you can, although as you're 6th on the list it might take a while before you actually get in.

Cynon wrote:Clockwork Racing (Cynon)
#39: TBA (If I don't get a driver from someone else, I'll make one up myself for this car)
Engine: Ford-Cosworth

I filled this info in on the wiki page. There is, however, no Cooper Tire logo so I'll have to add that myself...

All Cosworth and Judd engines have already been taken, so I'm afraid you'll have to settle for the Zyteks. Othewise the entry looks good, although as Winton Racing decided to not run a second car, you are allowed to run a second one if you wish (that would #42 to ensure that no team has two cars in the same heat).
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Yes you can, although as you're 6th on the list it might take a while before you actually get in.

Suits me just fine :)
Last edited by Backmarker on 05 Mar 2013, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Nuppiz wrote:
Backmarker wrote:Can I put in an application to join the waiting list for teams?

Cynon wrote:Clockwork Racing (Cynon)
Engine: Ford-Zytek

All Cosworth and Judd engines have already been taken, so I'm afraid you'll have to settle for the Zyteks. Othewise the entry looks good, although as Winton Racing decided to not run a second car, you are allowed to run a second one if you wish (that would #42 to ensure that no team has two cars in the same heat).

I'll take the second car, especially since #39 and #42 are numbers I associate with reject CART teams from the early 1990s!! :D

I will take driver applications though. :D

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

And with that, only one more car remains - the #41. Currently it is reserved for Kingfisher Racing if they desire a second car. If they don't want one or fail to announce their intentions by March 10th, I'll give it to pi3141's Mazzacane Motorsport instead.
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
adriojim

Post by adriojim »

Nuppiz wrote:
adriojim wrote:So, I think I'll might use some help with this: how can I get those borders in the car's nose like Nebula and Acura cars? I've done some blue lines in the nose at my template but it doesn't seems to appear on the car?

Hmm? The blue lines do appear on your car, although they are slightly thinner than in the cars you mentioned.

Yeah, they do appear but there's still a little with border in the car's nose. What I want to do is the entire border in blue and that's what I can't figure how to do.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

adriojim wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:
adriojim wrote:So, I think I'll might use some help with this: how can I get those borders in the car's nose like Nebula and Acura cars? I've done some blue lines in the nose at my template but it doesn't seems to appear on the car?

Hmm? The blue lines do appear on your car, although they are slightly thinner than in the cars you mentioned.

Yeah, they do appear but there's still a little with border in the car's nose. What I want to do is the entire border in blue and that's what I can't figure how to do.

You just need to make the blue lines a bit thicker - have a look at the Acura template as a guide :)
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Do you mean that you want the furthest tip of the nose to be blue? In that case you also have to make some lines on the nose's sides as well. Then it apperas like this:
Here's the roughly-drawn BMP I used to achieve this, compressed into PNG to reduce transfer times: http://kuvaton.com/k/YrRk.png

Also noticed that it's possible to use PNGs directly in-game by just changing the file extension to BMP. This not only saves huge amounts of disk space (as if I had shortage of it...) but should also improve FPS as it doesn't take that much memory to load the liveries.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Here's the Clockwork Racing livery...

...still without some sponsors on it, but picking it out in a crowd of cars should be easy enough...
Last edited by Cynon on 06 Mar 2013, 01:40, edited 2 times in total.

adriojim

Post by adriojim »

Nuppiz wrote:Do you mean that you want the furthest tip of the nose to be blue? In that case you also have to make some lines on the nose's sides as well. Then it apperas like this:
Here's the roughly-drawn BMP I used to achieve this, compressed into PNG to reduce transfer times: http://kuvaton.com/k/YrRk.png

Also noticed that it's possible to use PNGs directly in-game by just changing the file extension to BMP. This not only saves huge amounts of disk space (as if I had shortage of it...) but should also improve FPS as it doesn't take that much memory to load the liveries.

Yep, that's precisely what I'm looking for :D

pasta_maldonado wrote:You just need to make the blue lines a bit thicker - have a look at the Acura template as a guide :)

Thanks. :)
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Right, time to get original.

In the #1 IBR Lavezzi will be American rookie V8. Yes, V8. That is his full name. Legally changed from Bobby Jackson. He's done IndyLights and NASCAR, but after a single season driving those lumps of heavy drag-inefficient crapboxes, with his often start-and-park team running out of money despite a Top 5 finish at the Coca Cola 600, is getting back into the single seater game.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Well, seems nobody wants the GTI-drive, so Bainomugisha gots a chance to show that he is capable of doing at least something worth of note (even if it is crashing)
May i remind people that the fast and experienced driver Simon Garfünkel is (surprisingly) out of a drive :lol:
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Autospork wrote:Clockwork Racing Interested in Brinson, Rookie Drivers

Chicago-based Clockwork Racing has expressed an interest in the services of fellow American Matt Brinson, should Brinson not find a ride with the Jones team. Clockwork Racing, which will field two cars in the inaugural International Formula Reject Challenge, has indicated that they are interested in "new, fresh talent" exclusively. Team owner I.M. Cooper stated that the team wanted to breathe new talent into the new series, but would not turn away certain experienced drivers.

"For a new series, we need some new talent and money in this series. Part of our strategy, as you can plainly see, is to try things no other team has tried before." Cooper said.
"Part of our strategy is to blind the competition with the amount of bright orange on our cars. Hopefully this will cause them to spin off the track and give us a win, or spin off the track following us. Befor you ask, no, we don't have much of a backup plan other than the name of the team and the color of the car being a not-so-clever homage to an awesome movie."

Clockwork Racing's Competition Director provided the most insightful monologue during the entire press release when she began sniffing the microphone and rubbing her face against it. The highly-qualified individual is an overweight gray tabby named Pickles, and reportedly is the most sane individual within the walls of Clockwork Racing.

TL;DR Version = I'd prefer to have people who don't have a presence in the series land the two Clockwork race drives, and pepsibottle1 is on another forum I go to and used to race with me on weekends.

adriojim

Post by adriojim »

So, here it is, hope it works.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?tubdnlv5pna2bvt
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Right, time to get original.

In the #1 IBR Lavezzi will be American rookie V8. Yes, V8. That is his full name. Legally changed from Bobby Jackson. He's done IndyLights and NASCAR, but after a single season driving those lumps of heavy drag-inefficient crapboxes, with his often start-and-park team running out of money despite a Top 5 finish at the Coca Cola 600, is getting back into the single seater game.

I will strongly protest against this name as it is unrealustic and stupid. Not funny at all.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

eurobrun wrote:
Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Right, time to get original.

I will strongly protest against this name as it is unrealustic and stupid. Not funny at all.

It sounds like a name that should be written as: Bobby VeeEight, similar to a handegg/American football player who changed his name to Chad Ocho Cinco...

Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

adriojim wrote:So, here it is, hope it works.

Unfortunately it didn't work as desired. Try painting the sides of the car like what I did in the above version.

I'm also strongly against using a driver name such as "V8". VeeEight is only mildly more acceptable. Just because this is F1Rejects doesn't mean we can come up with ridiculous names to our drivers.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Nuppiz wrote:I'm also strongly against using a driver name such as "V8". VeeEight is only mildly more acceptable. Just because this is F1Rejects doesn't mean we can come up with ridiculous names to our drivers.

It may be ridiculous, but that doesn't stop it from actually being a real name. Hence the choice.

Well, this puts me back to the drawing board then. You lot are all so boring!

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:I'm also strongly against using a driver name such as "V8". VeeEight is only mildly more acceptable. Just because this is F1Rejects doesn't mean we can come up with ridiculous names to our drivers.

It may be ridiculous, but that doesn't stop it from actually being a real name. Hence the choice.

Continuing the theme of introducing drivers from Northern countries (Ólafur R. Hannesson, Ragnar Larsen), maybe a Norwegian driver would be a good idea? As I recall, no-one has a driver from that country yet. Also gives you a chance of using the "Ø" letter.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Nuppiz wrote:

Continuing the theme of introducing drivers from Northern countries (Ólafur R. Hannesson, Ragnar Larsen), maybe a Norwegian driver would be a good idea? As I recall, no-one has a driver from that country yet. Also gives you a chance of using the "Ø" letter.

Or the Faroe Islands? I don't think we've had anyone from there...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:
Stramala [kostas22] wrote:It may be ridiculous, but that doesn't stop it from actually being a real name. Hence the choice.

Greenland!
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Nuppiz wrote:

That's so 2014. My new theme is Latin America. So, please welcome, Uruguay's first ever representitive in the RWRS Universe...

Santiago Guglielminpietro.

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Continuing the theme of introducing drivers from Northern countries (Ólafur R. Hannesson, Ragnar Larsen), maybe a Norwegian driver would be a good idea? As I recall, no-one has a driver from that country yet. Also gives you a chance of using the "Ø" letter.

Greenland!

Or from Åland, gives you an excuse to use the å. (altough i can't remember which country Åland is part of, so perhaps the Ø turns irrelevant)
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

This wrote:Or from Åland, gives you an excuse to use the å. (altough i can't remember which country Åland is part of, so perhaps the Ø turns irrelevant)

Åland is a part of Finland (although I'd personally be happy if we got rid of it), so you could get to use Å, Ä and Ö.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Nuppiz wrote:
This wrote:Or from Åland, gives you an excuse to use the å. (altough i can't remember which country Åland is part of, so perhaps the Ø turns irrelevant)

Åland is a part of Finland (although I'd personally be happy if we got rid of it), so you could get to use Å, Ä and Ö.

A land? Oooh...IMAGINATIVE! :lol:
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
adriojim

Post by adriojim »

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Nuppiz wrote:

Still better than the town that is called Å
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

There seems to be an error on the entry list: David Graham is somehow entered in both Linton-Solindahl (where I believe he signed) and Restov Racing.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

I'd like to reserve a spot. I have no idea how often spaces are freed up, since im still a rookie, but we'll see.

Care to put me on the list?
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

This wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Åland is a part of Finland (although I'd personally be happy if we got rid of it), so you could get to use Å, Ä and Ö.

Blame the Swedes, they think it's a good idea to use single-letter words ("å" means a river, while "ö" means an island).
JeremyMcClean wrote:There seems to be an error on the entry list: David Graham is somehow entered in both Linton-Solindahl (where I believe he signed) and Restov Racing.
I seem to have mixed him with Henry Paul, although only on the forum entry list (wiki was correct already). :oops: Fixed now.
CaptainGetz12 wrote:I'd like to reserve a spot. I have no idea how often spaces are freed up, since im still a rookie, but we'll see.

You're on the list now, in 7th. Which means you probably won't get a team until the 2018-19 seasons, the earliest. If you want to get in quicker I suggest entering a driver or two; most of the lineups are still incomplete.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Nuppiz wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:I'd like to reserve a spot. I have no idea how often spaces are freed up, since im still a rookie, but we'll see.

You're on the list now, in 7th. Which means you probably won't get a team until the 2018-19 seasons, the earliest. If you want to get in quicker I suggest entering a driver or two; most of the lineups are still incomplete.

See: Clockwork Racing. :lol:

I have one driver lined up, but it's conditional on that aforementioned driver (Matt Brinson) not getting a ride with Jones.

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Nuppiz wrote:
This wrote:

Blame the Swedes, they think it's a good idea to use single-letter words ("å" means a river, while "ö" means an island).

So in Sweden, you can buy your clothes from Å Ö?
DalekSam

Post by DalekSam »

If it isn't trouble, could I ask for a livery for Winton? Just has to be similar to last years car - black (not complete black, more of a grey) and a dark green, with Pirelli, Monster Energy and ESP Guitars sponsoring. Feel free to add more if you want - just needs to be similar to last year's car.

I ask because I don't understand this template at all, the LFS skins are the only ones that make sense to me hahaha
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

Mathilde Thybes (FRA) and Katie Lea Winter (GER) are looking for a drive this season and will consider any offer.
Both were planned to enter in the GT-R WC 2016 but I'm on the reserve list, so I'm trying to get them a drive for 2016.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

adriojim wrote:I`ve done the side stuff :)

Lookin' good! :)
adriojim

Post by adriojim »

Pablo Galaz: Car / Helmet
Toru Fukui: Car / Helmet
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

DalekSam wrote:If it isn't trouble, could I ask for a livery for Winton? Just has to be similar to last years car - black (not complete black, more of a grey) and a dark green, with Pirelli, Monster Energy and ESP Guitars sponsoring. Feel free to add more if you want - just needs to be similar to last year's car.

I ask because I don't understand this template at all, the LFS skins are the only ones that make sense to me hahaha

Ah, dark gray and dark green?

If I took a shot at painting this car I might opt for a bright green (a la Monster Energy) for some of the small bits on the car and having Monster Energy as the primary sponsor of the car.

I could do it, but not right this second.

Rated wrote:Mathilde Thybes (FRA) and Katie Lea Winter (GER) are looking for a drive this season and will consider any offer.
Both were planned to enter in the GT-R WC 2016 but I'm on the reserve list, so I'm trying to get them a drive for 2016.

Assuming you don't have a driver in this series yet I'm pretty sure I could arrange for one of them to take one of the two Clockwork seats. Considering they're both female drivers, if they were to come in, I might have to use the women-drivers-only Lynxe sponsorship (it's a fashion company with a very pro-strong woman attitude) on the Clockwork cars...

...and considering that one of Lynxe's colors is orange, that works out just fine!

I created Lynxe because I wanted to run a blue, orange, and black car without running a Kyle Busch NOS Energy car for NR2003 online racing. I stopped using Lynxe for online racing because once I started using them, my results dropped off massively and once I stopped using it my results improved drastically...

Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

adriojim wrote:Pablo Galaz: Car / Helmet
Toru Fukui: Car / Helmet

Galaz:

Fukui:
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

Cynon wrote:
Rated wrote:Mathilde Thybes (FRA) and Katie Lea Winter (GER) are looking for a drive this season and will consider any offer.

Assuming you don't have a driver in this series yet I'm pretty sure I could arrange for one of them to take one of the two Clockwork seats. Considering they're both female drivers, if they were to come in, I might have to use the women-drivers-only Lynxe sponsorship (it's a fashion company with a very pro-strong woman attitude) on the Clockwork cars...

...and considering that one of Lynxe's colors is orange, that works out just fine!

I created Lynxe because I wanted to run a blue, orange, and black car without running a Kyle Busch NOS Energy car for NR2003 online racing. I stopped using Lynxe for online racing because once I started using them, my results dropped off massively and once I stopped using it my results improved drastically...

Thybes and Winter are interested and each of them can bring little money from Repsol or PIAA to the team if needed. (They sponsored my team in the LGPS and RoLFS' 24 hours of Aston)
If only one of them get an opportunity, I'm completely ok with it. Even a test driver role will do !
Your Lynxe sponsorship idea sounds good, but we'll have to hope for no disastrous effects on the results if you are going to use it. :lol:
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS