LGPS 1991-1993

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: LGPS 1992: Confirm your entries

Post by Nuppiz »

L.O.T.U.S., Scuderia Rifiutare and Racing in Circles have three days left to confirm their entries. After that I'll try to start pre-season testing.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

LOTUS was Shadaza's team, I think it can be safely assumed they won't be returning.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:LOTUS was Shadaza's team, I think it can be safely assumed they won't be returning.

Where is Shadaza these days? I haven't seen him in yonks
TORA! TORA! TORA!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:LOTUS was Shadaza's team, I think it can be safely assumed they won't be returning.

Where is Shadaza these days? I haven't seen him in yonks

Shadaza said a few weeks ago that due to time constraints he won't be taking part in the PMMF for the foreseeable future :cry:
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

the workers party would like to please keep everything as it was from brazil please

p.s how much have i got for upgrades and how many credits have i got
thanks
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

According to FMecha on the Gaming thread, I am needed. I am therefore stating that I am withdrawing my entry since I am now focusing more on the RWRS series. Although I will admit, it was quite fun, I will be watching this in the future! FYI, Balivernes will be available to anyone who wants it.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

JeremyMcClean wrote:According to FMecha on the Gaming thread, I am needed. I am therefore stating that I am withdrawing my entry since I am now focusing more on the RWRS series. Although I will admit, it was quite fun, I will be watching this in the future! FYI, Balivernes will be available to anyone who wants it.

Nuppiz, that means both 27 and 28 are now available, right? In which case, you know what to do. Just reuse the liveries from Brazil for 1992.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

roblomas52 wrote:the workers party would like to please keep everything as it was from brazil please

p.s how much have i got for upgrades and how many credits have i got
thanks

You've got 59,900 CHF to spend on upgrades.
Stramala [kostas22] wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:According to FMecha on the Gaming thread, I am needed. I am therefore stating that I am withdrawing my entry since I am now focusing more on the RWRS series. Although I will admit, it was quite fun, I will be watching this in the future! FYI, Balivernes will be available to anyone who wants it.

Nuppiz, that means both 27 and 28 are now available, right? In which case, you know what to do. Just reuse the liveries from Brazil for 1992.

OK then.
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Why has High-Tech a budget of 60 000 despite being a single-car team?

My livery will stay pretty much the same, except that Kjellerup brings minor sponsorship from Danfoss and Lego.
Since that Life car is as reliable as if it was made of Lego bricks
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

So that's it then, entry list is closed. Racing in Circles has been removed from the entry list for not being able to renew their entry in time. At 38 cars and 28 starters, "only" 26% of the entries will DNQ at each race, compared to IFRC's 33% (for the feature race) or F1RWRS' 35%. Another reason why I'm not accepting new entries at the moment is simply that I want to get this started as soon as possible. You can always join the waiting list though, just in case someone decides to withdraw mid-season.

I'll sort out the few liveries that need to be worked on tomorrow, and pre-season testing will commence on Tuesday. Also fixed High-Tech Motorsports' budget.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Well, testing was delayed because of the forum downtime, and I also noticed that I still need the livery for High-Tech Motorsport Technology Racing Team. I'll try to run testing this week, and the regular season will finally commence on next Monday.

I've also confirmed the calendar on the wiki. Unless some of the tracks don't work properly, it will go ahead as is. I moved the US West GP from Laguna Seca, because it's already being used by IFRC and with so many tracks to choose from I don't like going to the same tracks in different series.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Wouldn't it make more sense to call the Swiss Grand Prix "Grand Prix de la Suisse" instead of "Großer Preis der Schweiz" since it is run in France? Anyway, I'm already looking forward to seeing the Life cars on the long straights of Le Mans.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

pi314159 wrote:Wouldn't it make more sense to call the Swiss Grand Prix "Grand Prix de la Suisse" instead of "Großer Preis der Schweiz" since it is run in France? Anyway, I'm already looking forward to seeing the Life cars on the long straights of Le Mans.

Well last year's GP went under the German name despite also being on French soil. However, I like the idea of using the French-language name instead, so I've changed it on the wiki.
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

pi314159 wrote:Wouldn't it make more sense to call the Swiss Grand Prix "Grand Prix de la Suisse" instead of "Großer Preis der Schweiz" since it is run in France? Anyway, I'm already looking forward to seeing the Life cars on the long straights of Le Mans.

"Grand Prix de Suisse" would be the most correct form. :P
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

It would also be 'Grote Prijs van België' because Zolder is in Flanders, the Dutch-speaking part. They would never agree on using a french name.

Perhaps you could do Switserland in Romansh. Because we can. Well actually i can't, i have no idea how Romansh looks like.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

Can I make a last minute livery change ?
It will be based on the Arrows A20 with the black color replaced by purple (obviously). In fact, I'm having problems to do it, I hate the wing template, I can't figure out what I'm painting and if I'm doing it right...
... I'm so bad that I could only do a part of the nosecone so far. :?

I know how I want it to look like, but I think I'm not able to do it correctly. Could someone please help me ?
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Rated wrote:Can I make a last minute livery change ?
It will be based on the Arrows A20 with the black color replaced by purple (obviously). In fact, I'm having problems to do it, I hate the wing template, I can't figure out what I'm painting and if I'm doing it right...

I know how I want it to look like, but I think I'm not able to do it correctly. Could someone please help me ?

This one may be a lost cause. The Life GP template is probably the shittest design I've ever seen. Not that it's Nup's fault, the guy who made it in the first place made a real dogs dinner of it and now it's pretty hard to edit.

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Rated wrote:Can I make a last minute livery change ?

This one may be a lost cause. The Life GP template is probably the shittest design I've ever seen. Not that it's Nup's fault, the guy who made it in the first place made a real dogs dinner of it and now it's pretty hard to edit.

Yeah, the template's a bitch. I think it's more a case of the mod makers not releasing templates for their mods, and saving the mod's skins so it's impossible to make your own designs easily.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

New GLB livery, now with 100% more dragons and Yugoslavian car manufacturers!

I'll take a look at the new livery Rated, but can't promise it'll be ready by the first race...

Also still need the livery idea from FloProAct.
Last edited by Nuppiz on 06 Mar 2013, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Nuppiz wrote:New GLB livery, now with 100% more dragons and Yugoslavian car manufacturers!

Hmm, shouldn't it be backed by Great Wall or SAIC instead of Zastava?

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Hmm, shouldn't it be backed by Great Wall or SAIC instead of Zastava?

It would make more sense, but this is This we're talking about, and he specifically wanted Yugo sponsorhip. And dragons.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Nuppiz wrote:New GLB livery, now with 100% more dragons and Yugoslavian car manufacturers!

Hmm, shouldn't it be backed by Great Wall or SAIC instead of Zastava?

Yugo/Zastava is there because of driver Josip Stalic. In fact, could you think of something cuban (cigars or something) for test-and reverve driver Carlos Marquez? Or marketing the great opening of the Ryugyonghotel for Sung's car instead of Yuho :lol: (the hotel is still unfinished today)
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

This wrote:Yugo/Zastava is there because of driver Josip Stalic. In fact, could you think of something cuban (cigars or something) for test-and reverve driver Carlos Marquez? Or marketing the great opening of the Ryugyonghotel for Sung's car instead of Yuho :lol: (the hotel is still unfinished today)

Alright, here's Jong-Sung's car with Cubatabaco and Ryugyong hotel sponsorship. Stalic's car is similar except for the front wing which has the Yugo logos instead.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

I am interested in participating in this series, seems more sophisticated than that East Europe league :D

Is it too late to register a team for this season? Though Ill be fine with my driver being a free agent for this season.

I saw the previous series and it was quite a blast to see! I'll secretly be rooting for Nambia ;)
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:I am interested in participating in this series, seems more sophisticated than that East Europe league :D

Is it too late to register a team for this season? Though Ill be fine with my driver being a free agent for this season.

I saw the previous series and it was quite a blast to see! I'll secretly be rooting for Nambia ;)

If you're interested, I could sign your driver as a test driver, which would come with some race starts for when Geoff Donnelly is too busy scoffing pies to drive the car.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

I'm afraid the series is full as it is (40 cars battling for 28 grid spots), but I've put you on the waiting list. You can always offer your driver to others, though.
FloProAct

Post by FloProAct »

With regard to my team's livery, I really don't mind what it looks like, so if someone wants to make it, you have my permission to make it as insane as you wish...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

FloProAct wrote:With regard to my team's livery, I really don't mind what it looks like, so if someone wants to make it, you have my permission to make it as insane as you wish...

I'll try to come up with something in time for the first GP.

1992 Life Grand Prix Series - Winter tests, Day 1

Group A: Cars safe from prequalifying at the first round of the season

Group B: Cars that have to prequalify at the first round of the season

Also changed the Japanese Grand Prix to Mine CIrcuit; having it originally at Suzuka was an oversight, as it would've been against LGPS' agreement with FISA.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

José Pablo Mazzacane wrote:Setting the fifteenth fastest time overall, and the third fastest in the pre-qualifying group is definitely a huge improvement compared to last year. I hope for some more success in 1992.

Mattias Kjellerup wrote:Being three seconds off the pace of José is a bit disappointing. But he has much more expierience with these strange cars. At least I could do 17 laps without problems to get used to the car.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Valentino Nicchi wrote:Not too fast, but we're not expecting to qualify for the first few races, once we develop the car more our reliability will make us unstoppable!!

Also can you put Marcus Kun in the car for the second test?
Trump 2016
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Alright, i'll put up my free agent, who will be my main driver for next season should I ever get in:

Vic Sunset

Born into the family of well-off fashion designer based in Long Beach, Vic got hooked on racing before he reached double-digit age. Although his parents dont like him putting his life on the line in racing, they were eager to fund him in karting, where he performed pretty well. Whenever there was a race in Long Beach, he would go to the guardrails and cling on them just to see the cars speed past. It was clear that he truely wanted to race more than just as a hobby.

After high school he traveled to Europe to try to find a racing league to get into and try to ascend the racing tiers. With little luck, he stumbled upon the Life GP series, and starting searching for sponsors. So far his luck has been short, with his best chances on a team that may not even be racing next year. Still, Vic is eager to take up any position in the Life GP, being a free agent for the 1992 season, hoping one day to get on the track and start his trek up the racing tiers.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

darkapprentice77 wrote:Also can you put Marcus Kun in the car for the second test?

Yeah. Day 1 was meant for race drivers; Day 2 is reserved for giving your test drivers (if you have one) a chance.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

umm, United States is not in my driver's name....

Its just "Vic Sunset"
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:umm, United States is not in my driver's name....

Its just "Vic Sunset"

Ah, put it there in a hurry as I'm also testing the tracks for any possible glitches. :oops: Helsinki Thunder is already out and replaced by Kemora, unless it's glitchy as well of course.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Its just "Vic Sunset"

FGCR will give Vic a chance as test driver, he may get a race drive during the season, but feel free to look for a race drive as well :)
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

pasta_maldonado wrote:

Its just "Vic Sunset"

FGCR will give Vic a chance as test driver, he may get a race drive during the season, but feel free to look for a race drive as well :)

Is there any benefits for having test driver experience before I make a decision? Course Vic is last on the wait list, so he probably wont be racing this season..
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:Is there any benefits for having test driver experience before I make a decision? Course Vic is last on the wait list, so he probably wont be racing this season..

There'll be a small experience bonus from participating in official test sessions, which I didn't give in the previous season as all of the tests were carried out by race drivers. Not as much as from racing, but still better than no experience at all.

Well, you're the first and last on the waiting list, and you're guaranteed to get in as soon as someone withdraws.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Mid pack. Hope we can get better in the next testing...
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Giuseppe Cipriani wrote:Merda.

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Good to see Gio found a good team. He's still the best qualifier in the field (hm, this is becoming quite a habit for my drivers)

The edits to the car livery are good. I actually never seen that hotel picture with the fireworks before. Remarkable, for a building that of which the Korean government denied the existance for a while. (but back in 1992, they were still ambitious with it)