Fixing Ferrari 312T2 1:14 model

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
f1-gast

Fixing Ferrari 312T2 1:14 model

Post by f1-gast »

I receveid today some wonderfull models, though they are a bit dirty and not in a mint state.

The guy i bought them from had those models more over then 30 years in his living room, thes emodels but another Ferrari and 4 other F1 models for 50 euro io know a great deal !
In the past i destroyed other model cars to rebuild them again, and that went pretty well.
But i never had to clean the cars, deffently the plastic parts on it.
Also the wheel of the 312T2 got broken, but i saw its attached normally with an iron pin (it broke on it) i can fix it by cleaning it and use solder.

So if you guys do have tips , like which products to use and which not to clean.
I know the sponsors and so on will be the big problem, maybe i should contact the manufactures for them.
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
AndreaModa

Re: Fixing Ferrari 312T2 1:14 model

Post by AndreaModa »

The sponsor logos you can do yourself by printing them onto decal paper. There's tutorials on the internet for that sort of thing, or alternatively most of the well known logos you can buy on sheets for not too much.

As for cleaning the plastic up, some soapy water should do the trick, but go easy on the amount of water you soak the cloth in. Better to have a slightly drier and do it twice than soaked and ruined! I'd imagine those sponsor logos won't take kindly to too much water!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Julien

Post by Julien »

You definitely have to repaint the cars, especially the white parts. I would go with painting for all the logos and details too. YOu can either use masking or print the logos on decal paper, it depends on your resources.
To fix the suspension, my guess would be to look around among RC cars. They use very similar suspension elements to Formula 1 cars, so you may find something which can be used with minor modifications.
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

Im not that artistic to do the paintjob to be honnest.
Julien

Post by Julien »

Well then, just use a printer and some vinyl or decal paper :D
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

f1-gast wrote:I receveid today some wonderfull models, though they are a bit dirty and not in a mint state.

The guy i bought them from had those models more over then 30 years in his living room, thes emodels but another Ferrari and 4 other F1 models for 50 euro io know a great deal !
In the past i destroyed other model cars to rebuild them again, and that went pretty well.
But i never had to clean the cars, deffently the plastic parts on it.
Also the wheel of the 312T2 got broken, but i saw its attached normally with an iron pin (it broke on it) i can fix it by cleaning it and use solder.

So if you guys do have tips , like which products to use and which not to clean.
I know the sponsors and so on will be the big problem, maybe i should contact the manufactures for them.

Who is the manufacturer? Is it on the plate on the underside of the car? 1:14 is an odd scale, mostly for radio-control models, very uncommon for static models. Is it Bburago?
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

They are from Bburago and Polistil.

But one of the cars in in a worser state it felt down from my desk when my cat though awww cool lets jump on it so i can jump on something else...