Reject merchandise that we own

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
dragonsteincole

Re: Reject merchandise that we own

Post by dragonsteincole »

They are the best. I challenge anyone to find a piece of merchandise more obscure than Life F1 curtains :) (there is a matching duvet set in storage somewhere too).
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Wouldn't happen to look like this set that sold on eBay for a paltry £12.50 two months ago? ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-RARE-FORMULA-ONE-F1-SINGLE-DUVET-COVER-PILLOWCASE-HILL-MANSELL-SENNA-/230936227816?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Bedroom_Bedding_PP&hash=item35c4df2fe8

It wouldn't surprise me if you could get a set of these fairly easily if you look regularly.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
dragonsteincole

Haha, yep, thats the exact same set.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dragonsteincole wrote:Haha, yep, thats the exact same set.

Another forumite to have recently changed his user name?!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dragonsteincole

dr-baker wrote:

I've always had this username, unless you're mistaking me with someone else? :?
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

dragonsteincole wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

According to the Forum Facts thread, only four people have changed username in the past.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

go_Rubens wrote:
dragonsteincole wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

According to the Forum Facts thread, only four people have changed username in the past.

OK, my mistake. As I typed that, I think I had in my mind that avatar associated with a different member's name. Must have been more tired then than I am now. Sorry.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Monstrobolaxa

Post by Monstrobolaxa »

just bought this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390594780280?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

...if you saw the last thing I bought and posted on here, you may notice a trend! I collect sponsorship/corporate brochures from defunct F1 teams.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Faustus wrote:
dr-baker wrote:
dr-baker wrote:It came with a cap too? If I'd known, I'd have tried harder to outbid you. Gah! Open to offers for the cap?
Faustus wrote:Come to the DTM in Brands and you can have it.
dr-baker wrote:Which day(s) will you be there?

Any closer to knowing which days you'll be there Faustus? (Although I'll be tempted to go both days anyway...)

I'll definitely be there Sunday, probably friday and I'm not sure about saturday (got something else on saturday). I know that there is no DTM track action on friday, but I'll be in the pits so I can have a good look around.
I won't bother with grandstand seats.

Disappointed that I didn't get round to meeting you there yesterday. Maybe another time?
MCard LOLA
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Monstrobolaxa wrote:just bought this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390594780280?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

...if you saw the last thing I bought and posted on here, you may notice a trend! I collect sponsorship/corporate brochures from defunct F1 teams.

Nice buy, man! I remember watching 1990s F1 events on YouTube and Lotus were total crap then! Now, they aren't.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

dr-baker wrote:Disappointed that I didn't get round to meeting you there yesterday. Maybe another time?

I'm sorry mate. I was in Gloucestershire at a friend's wedding, which I had almost forgotten about. I met with a couple of mates who work for BMW on thursday night in Maidstone, but unfortunately I couldn't make it to Brands Hatch at all during the whole weekend.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Faustus wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Disappointed that I didn't get round to meeting you there yesterday. Maybe another time?

I'm sorry mate. I was in Gloucestershire at a friend's wedding, which I had almost forgotten about. I met with a couple of mates who work for BMW on thursday night in Maidstone, but unfortunately I couldn't make it to Brands Hatch at all during the whole weekend.

Sounds like you had a great time regardless.
MCard LOLA
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

For who can mis 80 pounds ore more check this site out with lots of Reject scalemodels, for me they are way ot expensive but for the real diehard fan ?
http://www.racingmodels.com/formula-1-a ... rs-2-c.asp
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

f1-gast wrote:For who can mis 80 pounds ore more check this site out with lots of Reject scalemodels, for me they are way ot expensive but for the real diehard fan ?
http://www.racingmodels.com/formula-1-a ... rs-2-c.asp

I've had a look at this site. The expensive models are factory-built kits from Tameo and CP Models, so they have a higher level of detail than the cheaper Minichamps or Spark models. Of course, you're also paying for the assembly time, but personally I would not buy a built kit that I had not had a close look at, whether in person or with a lot of photos, because there are a lot of so-called professional kit builders who really are not that good.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Indeed. That is pretty cool!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

go_Rubens wrote:

eBay wrote:A very "Rare" retro item from the 1980s.

Wat.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Nuppiz wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:

Wat.

eBay wrote: Period: 2000s

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Nuppiz wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:

Wat.

Wut.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

go_Rubens wrote:

When you say cool, I hope you meant it in its loosest sense.. ;) :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

I think I may have just got an Ebay bargain ... 8-)

http://r.ebay.com/9vnr9P

I ended up being the only bidder! Ok so I already had all the season reviews from 1981 - 1999, but other than that it's all new to me ...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

According to this flowchart, I'm guessing everyone here should buy a Marussia shirt...

Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Salamander wrote:According to this flowchart, I'm guessing everyone here should buy a Marussia shirt...

I went through the chart and according to it I would buy a Sauber or Force India shirt, both teams being ones I like as well.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Hmm, now let's see...

1. Do I care about tradition?

Yes. Historical rejects like Bernie, Simtek, Pacific, Forti, MasterCard Lola and Super Aguri form some of the traditions of the sport, as does Andrea Moda, pre-qually sessions and HWNSNBM.

2. Do I make my own opinions?

Not often, but yes, sometimes.

3. Do I think big money equals big success?

Toyota.

4. Do I build on success that others had in the past?

Gosh, I hope not!

Guess what my original favourite F1 team was? Williams!
MCard LOLA
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

1. Do you care about tradition?

Yes.

2. Do you make my own opinions?

Yes.

3. Do you think big money equals big success?

No. As Baker said, Toyota.

4. Do you build on success that others had in the past?

Not really.

5. Do you like Silver?

Yes, but I like black and gold more.

Lotus
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Check this one out:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... SS:GB:3160

I want it but it's 75 euros.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Faustus wrote:Check this one out:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... SS:GB:3160

I want it but it's 75 euros.

Hmm that's a bit steep. I have Chandhok's autograph already anyway so that rules out any interest I might have in it!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Hound55

Post by Hound55 »

Look at me, resurrecting an old thread. Anyway, I had an idea regarding driver merchandise that I am surprised hasn't been done yet.

F1 teams all sell ball caps for each driver of their team. However, these caps are typically just a cookie cutter template with a number and some slight hint as to who the driver is. For example, Nico Hulkenberg's Sauber cap is just this bland white and black design with the number 11 and a logo. While it is true that there are many fans that support a team more than a driver, I feel that it is more often the case where fans will support a specific driver rather than a team, meaning that fans have to get merchandise that isn't as much for their drivers as it is for their teams. And in the wild world of Formula One, drivers and teams are seldom in any sort of long term relationships. Honestly, us F1 fans follow the silly season the way certain people follow celebrity couples. So this merchandise that we get may only be relevant one or two seasons before we need new ones.

NASCAR is unique in that teams and drivers maintain the same numbers over the span of several years. Drivers like Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon have brand recognition in their numbers of 48 and 24, respectively. They have the ability to maintain their numbers and their racing seats for much longer than an F1 driver. Even Indycar is more stable than F1. But what do F1 drivers have that is unique to them and only them? What is part of their identity? If I pointed at a Sauber, how would I know Guttierrez or Hulkenberg?

Their helmets, of course! Most drivers are fairly consistent in their helmet design (unless you are Vettel, of course). So I was thinking, why hasn't anybody approached any hat maker and asked for a ballcap that looks like their helmet? I'm sure that many people would buy them. When we see a guy walking down the road wearing a hat for Alonso, we no longer will infer that he just likes Ferrari. He is an Alonso fan, and damn proud of it. And this same guy won't have to waste his money on a new hat every year so that he can be the best Alonso fan in the world. He will have his cap, Alonso's helmet cap, and he will be forever known as an Alonso fan.

So, there's my schpiel, kind of off topic to bump a thread for, but I felt like seeing what others thought. I have no idea who one would approach with this sort of idea, and if it could really be adopted by teams or drivers, but I would like to see what other forumites think.
LONG LIVE MARUSSIA

Things I was wrong about:
Kimi to Ferrari, Perez out of McLaren, Maldonado to Lotus, Kobash comes back, Gutierrez stays, Chilton stays, Boullier leaves Lotus.

I stream Ustream, we all scream for PRC.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Nice idea, but most helmet designs wouldn't transfer that well to a cap. For example, Button's helmet could transfer quite nicely but Perez's has too many colours and isn't distinctive enough, which would be even more of a problem when you consider the surface area of a cap compared to a helmet. As you say, some drivers change their helmet design and sometimes drivers have no say in changes to their helmet because of sponsors.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

This used to be done; I've got a 1999-spec Damon Hill helmet cap somewhere at home, and I'm pretty sure I've seen plenty more in the past too.

EDIT: Here's a Felipe Massa one from 2002...dunno if he ever wore it, but here we go regardless:

I've also found a Mark Webber one from the same year:

Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Well hush my mouth, they actually look pretty good!
Visconti

Post by Visconti »

I have a huge amount of 1992-4 Lotus F1 merchandise hidden in the house somewhere. I've seen it, but not in a long while. Of course, historically they're not a reject team but 1994 was an awful year for them :roll:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Visconti wrote:I have a huge amount of 1992-4 Lotus F1 merchandise hidden in the house somewhere. I've seen it, but not in a long while. Of course, historically they're not a reject team but 1994 was an awful year for them :roll:

And I think I am one of the fe people on this forum who likes Lotus's 1994 livery!
MCard LOLA
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

dr-baker wrote:
Visconti wrote:I have a huge amount of 1992-4 Lotus F1 merchandise hidden in the house somewhere. I've seen it, but not in a long while. Of course, historically they're not a reject team but 1994 was an awful year for them :roll:

And I think I am one of the fe people on this forum who likes Lotus's 1994 livery!

It's alright, but no Lotus livery will ever match the Camel ones, and I include JPS Lotus in that too.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

I'm one of the few people who likes the 1991 Lotus livery!
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

I like the first FI livery from 2008 and I have no problem with the 1999 BAR livery.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

watka wrote:I'm one of the few people who likes the 1991 Lotus livery!

+1.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

good_Ralf wrote:I like the first FI livery from 2008 and I have no problem with the 1999 BAR livery.

same here mate

FullMetalJack wrote:1. Do you care about tradition?

Yes.

2. Do you make my own opinions?

Yes.

3. Do you think big money equals big success?

No. As Baker said, Toyota.

4. Do you build on success that others had in the past?

Not really.

5. Do you like Silver?

Yes, but I like black and gold more.

Lotus

and thats exactly what I got as well :lol:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

I want it, I want it, I want it:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Aguri-H ... 43c10e6891

He is also selling another car, complete this time with engine and spares:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARROWS-A19-FO ... 0002570%26
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »