Post by Aerospeed »

I think any momentum the Chilton Craze had ended with a big 'thud' today
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Vassago

Re: Get Ready for... The ChiltonCraze!

Post by Vassago »

I used to think Bianchi would be the crash prone guy at Marussia but Chilton's move on Maldonado might be the highlight of his season. The guy's been absymal so far, even Pic and Giedo are trying to make something positive happen while Chilton is the odd man out right down in the wankers pool.
95 GP / 63 DNF / 5 pts
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Get ready for the Chilton Hate!
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

Maximum Chilton
checks Maldonado into
Monaco Hilton
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

ChiltonCraze was obviously doing Maldonaldo a favour by helping write off that crapbox Williams for him to save Pastor the pain of trying to drag anything meaningful out of it any more at Monaco. :P

See, Max is a good guy at heart. :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Seriously guys, MaxiAttack was ahead of Jules "Wonderkid" Bianchi when he collided with the Reverend. We all know how good Jules is, and Chiltoooooon was ahead of him, ergo, MaxiAttack is the better driver :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Seriously guys, MaxiAttack was ahead of Jules "Wonderkid" Bianchi when he collided with the Reverend. We all know how good Jules is, and Chiltoooooon was ahead of him, ergo, MaxiAttack is the better driver :P

Jules just wanted to drag his Marussia to the finish after that engine explosion earlier in the weekend. Max had the obvious edge when Bianchi wasn't able to produce a lap in qually.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Believe it or not, Chilton set the ninth fastest lap of the race in Monaco. Double world champion Fernando Alonso and 2008 WDC runner-up Felipe Massa, among other drivers, were slower. With a strong likelihood, this means that Chilton will at least become a triple champion, joining the likes of Ayrton Senna and Sebastian Vettel.
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

Meatwad wrote:Believe it or not, Chilton set the ninth fastest lap of the race in Monaco. Double world champion Fernando Alonso and 2008 WDC runner-up Felipe Massa, among other drivers, were slower. With a strong likelihood, this means that Chilton will at least become a triple champion, joining the likes of Ayrton Senna and Sebastian Vettel.

Indeed. Also in the race Jules wore out his brakes in his effort to keep pace with Max, which then caused his retirement. Just as Jules blew up his engine in quali. Obviously Max knew how to look after his machinery better on both occassions, hence why Chilton didn't suffer the same problems. Also the 'Sensation from Surrey', managed to achieve his best result in F1, despite having to serve a drive-through penalty. How many other F1 drivers can say that?

Yet further evidence of how talent Max is. So the Chilton Craze is still going strong in my eyes. ;)

Maldonado was, understandably trying to pull alongside Max to get a better look at Chilton’s amazing driving style when the incident occurred. And who can blame Pastor for wanting to see how an F1 car should be driven?

Edit; Just remember wasn't Max lapping almost as quickly as the leaders in the early stages of the race? All that in a car that should have been 4 seconds off the pace. Amazing!
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting 1994.

Pre order it here; www.performancepublishing.co.uk/1994-th ... eason.html

The book's website; www.1994f1.com/
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

ibsey wrote:Edit; Just remember wasn't Max lapping almost as quickly as the leaders in the early stages of the race? All that in a car that should have been 4 seconds off the pace. Amazing!

Possibly because the Mecedes team were in conservation mode and holding up the rest of the field by 4 seconds a lap perhaps? ;) But your point still stands, as Max didn't need to do the same at that point!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

13 D Ricciardo (AUS) Toro Rosso 1'21.364
14 M Chilton (GBR) Marussia 1'21.652
15 N Hülkenberg (GER) Sauber 1'22.021

Enough said.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Meatwad wrote:Believe it or not, Chilton set the ninth fastest lap of the race in Monaco. Double world champion Fernando Alonso and 2008 WDC runner-up Felipe Massa, among other drivers, were slower. With a strong likelihood, this means that Chilton will at least become a triple champion, joining the likes of Ayrton Senna and Sebastian Vettel.

I mentioned in an earlier post that Max was as high as 7th in the drying conditions of FP1 in Canada, with about 17 minutes to go.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

Max is starting ahead of Grosjean in the Lotus. Yet another giant killing performance by our boy. ;)

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

ibsey wrote:Max is starting ahead of Grosjean in the Lotus. Yet another giant killing performance by our boy. ;)

I didn't see where Max qualified, but seeing as Grosjean is starting P29, I'll just have to assume he's starting 28th?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Hopefully neither of them have a bad start and drop down to P45... :P

I'll get me coat...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
johnnyCarwash

Post by johnnyCarwash »

Can't believe you guys haven't mentioned Max's stellar performance at the start of the driver's press conference. So stellar that his answers were shortened for the transcript...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY3c1MS5Bkk
The ChiltonCraze at the British Grand Prix
FIA driver press conference announcer wrote:On pole position for his home grand prix for the first time, Max Chilton
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

ibsey wrote: Maldonado was, understandably trying to pull alongside Max to get a better look at Chilton’s amazing driving style when the incident occurred. And who can blame Pastor for wanting to see how an F1 car should be driven?

:lol:
-*:-
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Jocke1 wrote:
ibsey wrote: Maldonado was, understandably trying to pull alongside Max to get a better look at Chilton’s amazing driving style when the incident occurred. And who can blame Pastor for wanting to see how an F1 car should be driven?

Wow :lol:
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

Max is such a capable young man, that unlike most people, he can do many different jobs. All at the same time.

For instance, on top of his F1 driving duties, he was doing a spot of modelling on the Friday of the Monaco GP weekend. And now he's now doing the job of a BBC's journalist as well. Here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/23122234

Soon he will be taking over from DC and commentating on races, whilst still driving for Marussia. You heard it hear first!!!

Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

ibsey wrote:Max is such a capable young man, that unlike most people, he can do many different jobs. All at the same time.

For instance, on top of his F1 driving duties, he was doing a spot of modelling on the Friday of the Monaco GP weekend. And now he's now doing the job of a BBC's journalist as well. Here...

Soon he will be taking over from DC and commentating on races, whilst still driving for Marussia. You heard it hear first!!!

That article has 'epic' written all over it.
The drivers' parade in the morning before the race was just something else.

When the parade finished, the four Brits on the grid - Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button, Paul Di Resta and myself - headed across the track to wave to the fans and do an interview. The response was brilliant and I really think it gave us a boost in the race.
I spent much of the second half of the race battling with the other Caterham of Giedo van der Garde.
:oops:
After the race, I had the usual media commitments before doing a briefing with my engineers to discuss how the race panned out. Then I headed over to a post-race concert, which was being hosted inside the track for the fans, and did a Q&A on stage.

The crowd were amazing. I had a couple of other appearances to make before saying goodbye to the team and cycling over to the BRDC farm where I've been based this weekend.

Then I headed home before a couple of days off. I'll spend those training in the gym or getting out on my bike.
We'll continue to keep on pushing for that first World Championship point. The car is always improving so if we keep working hard, I think we can do it.

And this was pretty funny:
Why didn't they also add:
Prospects: N/A
Career Highlight: N/A
Best Race: N/A
Strong Points: N/A
Fan Support/Interest: N/A
In F1 next year: N/A
Blue Steel look and Perfect Hair: N/A....oh hang on. YES.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

ibsey wrote:Max is such a capable young man, that unlike most people, he can do many different jobs. All at the same time.

In car commentary during safety car periods? Yes!
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

CoopsII wrote:Someone tell Charles Pic THATS what a sensible haircut looks like.

These are sensible haircuts..
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

We all know the pressure of the British Grand Prix tends to make British drivers into pumpkins. British drivers always underperform and finish lower than their usual spots in the British GP. However, that isn't true of Max, who managed to keep up his good performance to record a solid result.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

LionZoo wrote:We all know the pressure of the British Grand Prix tends to make British drivers into pumpkins. British drivers always underperform and finish lower than their usual spots in the British GP. However, that isn't true of Max, who managed to keep up his good performance to record a solid result.

Indeed. He even managed to finish ahead of such esteemed names like Sergio Perez and Romain Grosjean!
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

Wizzie wrote:
LionZoo wrote:We all know the pressure of the British Grand Prix tends to make British drivers into pumpkins. British drivers always underperform and finish lower than their usual spots in the British GP. However, that isn't true of Max, who managed to keep up his good performance to record a solid result.

Indeed. He even managed to finish ahead of such esteemed names like Sergio Perez and Romain Grosjean!

Not to mention 3 time World Champion Sebastien Vettel.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

John Booth, Marussia team principal
“Max had a race-long battle at various stages with Giedo but ultimately came out on top, which is great news for him considering he was quite disappointed after qualifying yesterday. Overall we are slightly disappointed that we have slipped back a little, but already we have some good ideas on how we can make immediate improvements to the set-up for Germany to put us right back where we have been.”

I wonder what those "good ideas" are?
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Jocke1 wrote:
“Max had a race-long battle at various stages with Giedo but ultimately came out on top, which is great news for him considering he was quite disappointed after qualifying yesterday. Overall we are slightly disappointed that we have slipped back a little, but already we have some good ideas on how we can make immediate improvements to the set-up for Germany to put us right back where we have been.”

Spend more time fine-tuning the aerodynamic balance of his hair?
TORA! TORA! TORA!
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

Jocke1 wrote:

Does the Chilton Constabulary need to give you a warning for consistently posting against the spirit of this thread? Don't make us Chiltonites choo-choo-choose you for some time off in the Maxi-Security Mansion!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Jocke1 wrote: And this was pretty funny:
Why didn't they also add:

Fan Support/Interest: N/A

Wrong, Sir. WRONG! Have you not been reading this thread? :roll:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

dr-baker wrote: Wrong, Sir. WRONG! Have you not been reading this thread? :roll:

Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Our hero ChiltonCraze continues to go from strength to strength, as he had lapped a Red Bull within the first third of the race at the Nurburgring :D
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Wizzie wrote:Our hero ChiltonCraze continues to go from strength to strength, as he had lapped a Red Bull within the first third of the race at the Nurburgring :D

Whilst finishing ahead of Jules Bianchi in the process. The raw talent is unmatchable.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

At no point at the Nurburgring did Chilton's car travel backwards. This clearly displays a professionalism and talent far beyond that of his teammate.

It's only a matter of time before he'll be not going backwards in a front-running car.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Sublime_FA11C

Post by Sublime_FA11C »

shinji wrote:At no point at the Nurburgring did Chilton's car travel backwards. This clearly displays a professionalism and talent far beyond that of his teammate.

It's only a matter of time before he'll be not going backwards in a front-running car.

Unless he signs for Sauber or McLaren. If those are front running cars at all.
Leyton House wrote:Sauber - found out painting your car like an HRT will make it go like one.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Sublime_FA11C wrote:
shinji wrote:At no point at the Nurburgring did Chilton's car travel backwards. This clearly displays a professionalism and talent far beyond that of his teammate.

Unless he signs for Sauber or McLaren. If those are front running cars at all.

Im confused.
Just For One Day...
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

According to F1Fanatic Max Chilton is 6TH!!!!! On the list for laps completed. Only Hamilton, Raikkonen, Button, Bottas and Vettel stand in his way of 1st.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Kimi-ICE wrote:According to F1Fanatic Max Chilton is 6TH!!!!! On the list for laps completed. Only Hamilton, Raikkonen, Button, Bottas and Vettel stand in his way of 1st.

Just goes to show he's a mature head on young shoulders with a superb reliability record like that :D
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

If things go right, he might actually finish all the races, a feat that Monteiro couldn't achieve in 2005.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Wizzie wrote:
Kimi-ICE wrote:According to F1Fanatic Max Chilton is 6TH!!!!! On the list for laps completed. Only Hamilton, Raikkonen, Button, Bottas and Vettel stand in his way of 1st.

Just goes to show he's a mature head on young shoulders with a superb reliability record like that :D

Chilton has the disadvantage of having a car that could explode with a 1990s-style engine failure as well.
I like the way Snrub thinks!