The 2013 Magical Monaco Grand Prix Thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
SeedStriker

Re: The 2013 Magical Monaco Grand Prix Thread

Post by SeedStriker »

VDG has recovered to 14 place. That's consistancy.
S951

Post by S951 »

vdg in 14th just need 2 more to retire

ro gro to retire
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Oh shite, Raikkonen has problems. Heidfeld's finishing record will remain, it seems. :cry:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Iceman! Don't melt right now, man!
pablo_h

Post by pablo_h »

bathplug perez!
I'm hoping sutil overtakes perez.

edit: he does! Sutil IIDotR!
Last edited by pablo_h on 26 May 2013, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Damn! Kimi on the back, Checo out... Thanks, Kimi! You monosyllable muppet!
pablo_h

Post by pablo_h »

Kimi got in the points!
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

TV director failed to notice Raikonnen has nabbed 10th
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Best race of the season so far, and it's MONACO! :o :shock:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
hootie

Post by hootie »

having that Daft Punk logo on their chassis is just bad luck for Lotus
Grosjean gets taken out
Kimi gets taken out

damn you Daft Punk. Damn you
(shaking fist in the air)

hootie
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

SeedStriker wrote:Damn! Kimi on the back, Checo out... Thanks, Kimi! You monosyllable muppet!

Que? What race you are watching? That was all on Perez >_>

btw, Mika Salo over at the Finnish broadcast called Maldo, Roman and Checo retiring BEFORE the race :D
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

First time Vettel's stood on the podium listening to the German anthem without having won the race
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

Wish we'd seen that impressive finish to the race from Raikkonen!
TheBigJ

Post by TheBigJ »

DonTirri wrote:
SeedStriker wrote:btw, Mika Salo over at the Finnish broadcast called Maldo, Roman and Checo retiring BEFORE the race :D

I think most people would've called that the way they've been driving all week-end. Muppets.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

How in the hell Kimi got that 10th??? TV directors... :evil:
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
TheBigJ

Post by TheBigJ »

Did Kimi pass five cars in the last 5 laps? He must go down in F1 legend.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Hold on, no podium interviews? YES! :D
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Mark Webber has just described his start as "Incredible" That says it all about where he's lacking
mario

Post by mario »

Kimi-ICE wrote:TV director failed to notice Raikonnen has nabbed 10th

Well, to be fair to him he probably wasn't expecting Kimi to turn a seven second deficit to Hulkenberg into a six second lead in just a handful of laps - considering that he was down in 16th at one point, it was remarkable that he made up that number of places in such a short stint (and it looks like Kimi is still on for a crack at the record for most consecutive points finishes). I do hope that somebody did manage to catch that stint, because it must have been pretty mighty from him.

DonTirri wrote:
SeedStriker wrote:Damn! Kimi on the back, Checo out... Thanks, Kimi! You monosyllable muppet!

Que? What race you are watching? That was all on Perez >_>

btw, Mika Salo over at the Finnish broadcast called Maldo, Roman and Checo retiring BEFORE the race :D

To be fair to Pastor, at least in his case it was down to another driver rather than himself (I'm still confused about what Chilton was doing - it looks like, in trying to defend, he misjudged the overhang of Pastor's front wing). Perez was also seriously aggressive in this race too - I know that Whitmarsh told him to step up his aggression ahead of Bahrain, but he might need to ask him to reign it in a little as he was a little too wild towards the end of the race.

Kimi-ICE wrote:First time Vettel's stood on the podium listening to the German anthem without having won the race

Of course, we have the rather unpleasant spectre of these results being provisional because Mercedes are currently running under protest, with Red Bull having made a formal complaint to the FIA about the tyre test that occurred in Barcelona (Ferrari have also launched a formal protest because it appears that the private session they had after the Bahrain GP was with a 2011 car, presumably under the clause that allows a limited amount of mileage for promotional reasons, whereas Mercedes used their current car, something that would appear to breach the regulations).
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
lgaquino

Post by lgaquino »

what's the standard procedure for lapping too fast during the SC period?
is there a chance of a simple fine for kimi? *hopeful* :(
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Well this has been coming for sometime

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107691
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

I think Chilton should get another penalty

1 race ban?
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Raikkonen receives a reprimand for speeding behind the safety car. Keeps tenth position.

The points run continues.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
Alextrax52

Stats and Facts-Monaco

Post by Alextrax52 »

I've thought of a new topic: See if you can spot any interesting stats from the weekend

First German 1-2 since Michael and Ralf Schumacher in Japan 2004
First time 2 Germans have been on the podium since Malaysia 2011 (Vettel Heidfeld)
Mclaren haven't had a podium for 6 races now. Their longest streak of no podiums in recent times is 9 in 2004

what can you see
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Something definitely has been confirmed in the Mercedes tire row

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107703
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Kimi-ICE wrote:Something definitely has been confirmed in the Mercedes tire row

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107703

I agree with this. If the test is definitely against the regulations, then a retroactive DSQ from the proceeding race, that they just happened to have won, is not the right penalty. A team fine, or points penalty, or exclusion from the Teams' Championship, or something, but not in the way that was being implied.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
S951

Post by S951 »

what happened to vdg towards the end? even chilton overtook him looks like he was loosing a shed load of time looking at how far back he finished
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

rachel1990 wrote:I think Chilton should get another penalty

1 race ban?

10 place grid penalty? That's what Grosjean got, apparently
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

JeremyMcClean wrote:

1 race ban?

Giving Chilton a grid penalty is quite pointless though, considering he usually qualifies 21st or 22nd.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

pi314159 wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:

1 race ban?

Giving Chilton a grid penalty is quite pointless though, considering he usually ends up Winning The Alex Yoong Award.

Fixed :D
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

S951 wrote:what happened to vdg towards the end? even chilton overtook him looks like he was loosing a shed load of time looking at how far back he finished

His tyres went off. Gutierrez and Chilton both stopped under the final safety car period whilst VDG didn't, probably hoping to keep them both behind. His pace over the weekend doesn't justify his 15th (and last) position. If he didn't lose his front wing and stopped for new tyres towards the end, I reckon he'd have been fighting with the Sauber's at the end. Shame really.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Kimi's come out and lambasted Perez

Kimi Raikkonen: "It was a really disappointing day. Because of one stupid move from Sergio [Perez] we've lost a lot of points to Sebastian [Vettel] in the Championship and you can't afford to lose ground like that. He hit me from behind and that's about all there is to it. If he thinks it's my fault that he came into the corner too fast then he obviously has no idea what he's talking about.

"It's not the first time he's hit someone in the race; he seems to expect people to be always looking at what he might do, then move over or go straight on if he comes into the corner too quick and isn't going to make it without running into someone. Not the ideal weekend but there's nothing we can do about it. At least we got one point back at the end."
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Kimi-ICE wrote:Kimi's come out and lambasted Perez

Kimi Raikkonen: "It was a really disappointing day. Because of one stupid move from Sergio [Perez] we've lost a lot of points to Sebastian [Vettel] in the Championship and you can't afford to lose ground like that. He hit me from behind and that's about all there is to it. If he thinks it's my fault that he came into the corner too fast then he obviously has no idea what he's talking about.

"It's not the first time he's hit someone in the race; he seems to expect people to be always looking at what he might do, then move over or go straight on if he comes into the corner too quick and isn't going to make it without running into someone. Not the ideal weekend but there's nothing we can do about it. At least we got one point back at the end."

Scratch that read this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22675026
mario

Post by mario »

The BBC are quoting Kimi as giving an even angrier response than that - according to them, when asked if the other drivers will talk to Perez about his driving in the driver briefings, his response was:
"That won't help. Maybe someone should punch him in the face."

If that is true, then it is an unusually angry response from Kimi - and by the looks of things a few other drivers are not exactly happy with Perez either (Alonso has made some more measured comments about Perez's driving). Mind you, it has been reported that Perez's on track conduct has been brought up before in driver briefings (I believe that it was first raised in the briefing for the Spanish GP), so I can understand why Kimi might feel frustrated that Perez is resolutely refusing to accept any blame and is instead criticising Kimi for not giving him enough room.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
LellaLombardi

Post by LellaLombardi »

Kimi-ICE wrote:

Scratch that read this:

:shock: Just as I was starting to develop a bit of respect for Raikkonen. It isn't right this time to put it down to "Kimi being Kimi". If any other driver said that they'd be in a lot of trouble.
Maria De Villotta will forever be badass. Rest in Peace.
Pulling for Schumi and Jules.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

LellaLombardi wrote:
Kimi-ICE wrote:Scratch that read this:

:shock: Just as I was starting to develop a bit of respect for Raikkonen. It isn't right this time to put it down to "Kimi being Kimi". If any other driver said that they'd be in a lot of trouble.

I can understand that he is angry with Perez, but this comment has gone too far. Better do it like Graham Hill and send him a "learn to drive" manual.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Marco

Post by Marco »

https://twitter.com/adamcooperf1/status ... 08/photo/1

reading this, Mercedes may be in BIG trouble...
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Perez was aggressive, yes, but for me it's only a racing incident. Kimi close the door in braking zone and this isn't the best thing to do, especially in monaco.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Dj_bereta wrote:Perez was aggressive, yes, but for me it's only a racing incident. Kimi close the door in braking zone and this isn't the best thing to do, especially in monaco.

On the other hand, Perez's move was overly aggressive and few could've anticipated him to attempt such a desperate lunge from so far back.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
LellaLombardi

Post by LellaLombardi »

Nuppiz wrote:
Dj_bereta wrote:Perez was aggressive, yes, but for me it's only a racing incident. Kimi close the door in braking zone and this isn't the best thing to do, especially in monaco.

On the other hand, Perez's move was overly aggressive and few could've anticipated him to attempt such a desperate lunge from so far back.

I haven't yet seen the incident. But Kimi's reaction is way out of line.
Maria De Villotta will forever be badass. Rest in Peace.
Pulling for Schumi and Jules.