PT8475 wrote:
rachel1990 wrote:
S951 wrote:Alonso catching Hamilton by a fair bit

Please catch him quickly so alonso can go after Finger boy

Extreme optimism, there :(

Thats all I have left for this race!
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
JJMonty
Location: Jersey! (The old one, not that American mk2 version!)

Re: The 2013 Canadian Grand Prix Thread

Post by JJMonty »

Sutil given a penalty?

Bloody hell the stewards are being very, very, very! strict today :shock:
S951

Post by S951 »

he is past your wish is partially coming true!
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

No holds-barred pass there by Alonso, bloody hell! :shock:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

JJMonty wrote:Sutil given a penalty?

No, Sutil cannot simply pretend the rules don't apply to him.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
PT8475

Post by PT8475 »

Webber's dropped off somewhat - he's been nowhere near his aggressive best at all this season, barring Malaysia.
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

Should Ross Brawn be talking to the BBC while his driver is being past?
JJMonty
Location: Jersey! (The old one, not that American mk2 version!)

Post by JJMonty »

CarlosFerreira wrote:

But he wasn't holding up Hamilton from what I could see :?
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

I'll tell you something: Mclaren look like seeing their points record broken although Perez is only 2 seconds down on Sutil
S951

Post by S951 »

Gut out coming out of the pits?

PT8475

Post by PT8475 »

Do we not get a replay of the only crash? This Director's been pretty shite...
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

JJMonty wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:

But he wasn't holding up Hamilton from what I could see :?

Sure, but that's not the point. 3 corners to let the leader pass, or get a penalty. And I am one of the people who thinks blue flags are stupid and should be abolished.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

I think that Maldonado's penalty today early in the race was very petty. I understand the FIA are trying to clamp down on driver behaviour but I think that if the same thing happened ten, maybe even 5 years ago nothing would have happened. Maldonado out braked himself, touched Sutil without damaging his car, and was left with a broken front wing. If Sutil had been damaged or spun by Maldonado then fair enough, penalty should be applied, but in this case the penalty was in the form of the damage to the front wing. Whatever happened to racing incidents?
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

Well at least its over
S951

Post by S951 »

so vettel does win

ermm not really to much to say about this race usually quite good but pretty boring this year not to much to note

CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

pasta_maldonado wrote:I think that Maldonado's penalty today early in the race was very petty. I understand the FIA are trying to clamp down on driver behaviour but I think that if the same thing happened ten, maybe even 5 years ago nothing would have happened. Maldonado out braked himself, touched Sutil without damaging his car, and was left with a broken front wing. If Sutil had been damaged or spun by Maldonado then fair enough, penalty should be applied, but in this case the penalty was in the form of the damage to the front wing. Whatever happened to racing incidents?

Racing incidents died the day everyone celebrated Schumacher first, then Gutierrez and last time around Grosjean weren't allowed to miss braking points.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
PT8475

Post by PT8475 »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:I think that Maldonado's penalty today early in the race was very petty. I understand the FIA are trying to clamp down on driver behaviour but I think that if the same thing happened ten, maybe even 5 years ago nothing would have happened. Maldonado out braked himself, touched Sutil without damaging his car, and was left with a broken front wing. If Sutil had been damaged or spun by Maldonado then fair enough, penalty should be applied, but in this case the penalty was in the form of the damage to the front wing. Whatever happened to racing incidents?

Racing incidents died the day everyone celebrated Schumacher first, then Gutierrez and last time around Grosjean weren't allowed to miss braking points.

Grosjean's penalty two weekends ago was ridiculous. The penalty system really needs sorting out, and I hate that the incidents of one race can affect the results of the next in the form of grid penalties.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

JEV one third of the way there. First top 6 finish for Toro Rosso for a long time.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
PT8475

Post by PT8475 »

And now Vettel discusses his failure to get fastest lap. You've got to love him sometimes! :P
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

PT8475 wrote:And now Vettel discusses his failure to get fastest lap. You've got to love him sometimes! :P

No, no I don't.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
TheBigJ

Post by TheBigJ »

Vettel booed. Perhaps this should be a wake up call for this supposed "great" champion.
lgaquino

Post by lgaquino »

TheBigJ wrote:Vettel booed. Perhaps this should be a wake up call for this supposed "great" champion.

don't understand your point. What's he supposed to do differently, park the car and try to win from last?

Dominant performance. Superb.
But the race itself was..a bit boring. Some nice battles, but Canada usually produces epic races
TheBigJ

Post by TheBigJ »

lgaquino wrote:
TheBigJ wrote:Vettel booed. Perhaps this should be a wake up call for this supposed "great" champion.

don't understand your point. What's he supposed to do differently, park the car and try to win from last?

But the race itself was..a bit boring. Some nice battles, but Canada usually produces epic races

I think they are booing because of Malaysia. And for general hate towards Redd Bull racing policy.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Here are the stats.

1) Of course, this is Red Bull's first win in North America. They have only yet to win in Africa and Antarctica. ;)
2) This is McLaren's first failure to score since Abu Dhabi in 2009, when LH retired and HK (remember him?) was nowhere.
3) Kimi Räikkönen has now scored for the 24th straight race. If he scores at Silverstone, he break Michael Schumacher's 10-year record.
4) Jean-Eric Vergne, with 6th has scored STR's first top-6 finish since Brazil 2008 when Vettel was 4th.
5) This is the first time only 5 cars or less have been on the lead lap since Brazil 2011. It could well have been 4.
6) Sauber score a disastrous double-DNF, with Hülkenberg and Gutiérrez both retiring due to incidents.
7) Williams, including the last round of last year, have now gone 8 races without a point.
8) Vettel's 29th win.
Last edited by good_Ralf on 10 Jun 2013, 10:14, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

lgaquino wrote:

Well, I can't fault his race craft and speed, he's a great driver for certain, but what irritates me about him is he's far too arrogant and cocky, like Hamilton, the bad ethos within Red Bull has given him a superior attitude, and although he puts on a nice front in public, radio conversations with the team where he attacks them for doing wrong makes me think he's a bastard behind closed doors.
lgaquino

Post by lgaquino »

I think they are booing because of Malaysia. And for general hate towards Redd Bull racing policy.

and yet, they cheer Alonso ...
Seems inconsistent.
PT8475

Post by PT8475 »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
lgaquino wrote:

Well, I can't fault his race craft and speed, he's a great driver for certain, but what irritates me about him is he's far too arrogant and cocky, like Hamilton, the bad ethos within Red Bull has given him a superior attitude, and although he puts on a nice front in public, radio conversations with the team where he attacks them for doing wrong makes me think he's a bastard behind closed doors.

He's never attacked the team for doing wrong on radio... Certainly much less than other drivers that could be mentioned...
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Seriously i hate the current podiums for 3 reasons

1 The podium itself: The 2nd and 3rd steps and the constructors step is ridiculously small. Get back to the old podiums pre-Britain 2012

2 The music absolutely sucks. The Podium should be a quiet thing where we can hear the crowd cheering a driver receiving his trophy

3 The Podium interviews: Why oh Why do they put Eddie Jordan in this job? It's no wonder some of us say that HWNSNBM should not turn up to this gimmick. In fact HWNSNBM should hold the FIA hostage and force them to drop this gimmick
lgaquino

Post by lgaquino »

Attacking his own team doesn't seem a nice thing to do, but sometimes we loose our cool under frustration. specially under pressure. It's normal, they [the drivers] a regular people from time to time [other times they're media robots]

Feeling superior, or being cocky for that matter, may not be pleasant..but it better than false modesty I guess.
I like Vettel, he looks more like a normal, regular guy [with his pros and cons] than most of other drivers. Even after the media facade. Plus he's very driven, very focused.. Something I personally admire.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

lgaquino wrote:

and yet, they cheer Alonso ...
Seems inconsistent.

Because you know what you get with Alonso. Vettel and Red Bull try to make themselves out as the good guys, even though they're anything but.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Kimi-ICE wrote:Seriously i hate the current podiums for 3 reasons

1 The podium itself: The 2nd and 3rd steps and the constructors step is ridiculously small. Get back to the old podiums pre-Britain 2012

2 The music absolutely sucks. The Podium should be a quiet thing where we can hear the crowd cheering a driver receiving his trophy

3 The Podium interviews: Why oh Why do they put Eddie Jordan in this job? It's no wonder some of us say that HWNSNBM should not turn up to this gimmick. In fact HWNSNBM should hold the FIA hostage and force them to drop this gimmick

1: I don't think that's a problem really. A driver on the podium is going to be happy regardless of step size, unless he thought he should have won! The constructor shouldn't really get a step, it's the driver's podium, not the team's.

2: Disagreed. The anthem is a chance for the driver to reflect on his victory and the crowd to cheer if they wish, hearing the air horns of the Tifosi over the Italian anthem after a Ferrari driver has won in Italy is hair raising. The champagne song is also good as it adds celebration to the podium, allows the drivers to have a bit of fun and the crowd to cheer more if they want to!

3: Agreed. Podium interviews are rubbish and I don't see why they invented them. The press conference allowed the drivers to gather their thoughts before talking about the race, and the interviews were conducted by an someone who knew what they were doing!
lgaquino

Post by lgaquino »

I understand RBR changed somewhat as they became a dominant force..but isn't that what always happens?
I'm not defending them, don't get me wrong. 8-)

Because you know what you get with Alonso. Vettel and Red Bull try to make themselves out as the good guys, even though they're anything but.

I think this might be an unpopular opinion, but I know what one gets with Alonso: An amazing and persistent opponent, yes. But when things get more serious towards the end, you'll also get a very political and bitchy opponent. Personally, I don't trust him to be "fair"

But he's damn good, that's for sure! :D
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Kimi-ICE wrote:Seriously i hate the current podiums for 3 reasons

1: I don't think that's a problem really. A driver on the podium is going to be happy regardless of step size, unless he thought he should have won! The constructor shouldn't really get a step, it's the driver's podium, not the team's.

2: Disagreed. The anthem is a chance for the driver to reflect on his victory and the crowd to cheer if they wish, hearing the air horns of the Tifosi over the Italian anthem after a Ferrari driver has won in Italy is hair raising. The champagne song is also good as it adds celebration to the podium, allows the drivers to have a bit of fun and the crowd to cheer more if they want to!

3: Agreed. Podium interviews are rubbish and I don't see why they invented them. The press conference allowed the drivers to gather their thoughts before talking about the race, and the interviews were conducted by an someone who knew what they were doing!

Just to clarify i meant the champagne music sucks not the national anthems. It belongs in an orchestra not a Grand Prix. Although the German anthem played in Monaco sounded poor.
lgaquino

Post by lgaquino »

indeed. But, if we absolutely have to have it like that, DC and brundle did a fairly good job at it, don't you think?
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

pasta_maldonado wrote:3: Agreed. Podium interviews are rubbish and I don't see why they invented them. The press conference allowed the drivers to gather their thoughts before talking about the race, and the interviews were conducted by an someone who knew what they were doing!

For me, the best part of the podium interviews is when veteran drivers (Stewart, Lauda, Ickx, Alesi, Herbert, Mario and Piquet Sr.) interview the drivers. This year, only DC, Brundle and EJ have been up there and there have been zero true veteran drivers, which is my reason for going back to the Press Conference because this is getting truly monotonous.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

Vettel getting booed on the podium restored my faith in humanity, and the F1 viewing public.

And hello everyone, I've been reading this forum for months but never commented for fear of looking foolish, but I simply had to escape the Vettel fanboyism on F1 fanatic. The degree of expertise on here is incredible, so I'll mostly ask questions/keep my mouth shut.

Hi :)
F1 claim to fame - Offending Karun Chandhok 38 minutes into the Korean Grand Prix's FP1.

PSN: SgtPepperThe1st
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

pasta_maldonado wrote:The champagne song

It's Georges Bizet to you, mister.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.