The Junior Series Thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
AdrianSutil

Re: The GP2/GP3 Thread

Post by AdrianSutil »

Shizuka wrote:
Ataxia wrote:And Canamasas decides being a lap down on Palmer still gives him the right to defend, thus taking an impressive Palmer out of the race. As I speak, he's ended up with a 10-second stop-go. MORE dreadful stewarding.

Here's Palmer's opinion:

Jolyon Palmer wrote:I was given a €12,000 fine from stewards and narrowly escaped a race ban for calling Canamasas an f'ing idiot after the race. So pathetic

I just have no idea how this can happen. The stewarding this weekend has been truly awful. Feel really sorry for Palmer he's a quality driver.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

AdrianSutil wrote:
Meatwad wrote:Rejectful stewarding yet again. Leimer has been given a ten-place grid penalty for the sprint race after crashing with Coletti (not a time penalty as in most cases). This means that Leimer is allowed to keep his result from Saturday, gaining one position by crashing into Coletti and taking him out of the race. :evil:

Even more ridiculous: Kujala has been banned from the GP3 sprint race. At most, he should have received a grid penalty. But what can you expect, GP2 and GP3 have the same stewards and Cecotto was already banned for what wasn't even his worst incident this season.

Both silly penalties, especially Kujala's. He had nowhere to go. Fumanelli got loose going through Becketts and because Kujala was so close, there was nothing he could do.

And in the same race, Sainz Jr. violently chops Lewis Williamson into retirement and gets a 10-place grid penalty. :roll:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

As long as Haryanto gets podium :D . Nice weekend to Indonesia.

Canamasas need to go to eye doctor

While I don't understand for what does Kujala get suspended
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Daniel Abt managing to cause Kevin Ceccon to roll. Creating a unique situation where a car crashes backwards into the back of a stalled car.

Mitch Evans decides to go dan dare on the brakes and drops from the lead to about 16th :D
Message me on Discord.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Richelmi on pole for the feature race in Germany.

The Grid

POS NO DRIVERS
1 2 S. Richelmi
2 1 M. Ericsson
3 22 R. Frijns
4 6 M. Evans
5 9 F. Nasr
6 8 F. Leimer
7 26 A. Quaife-Hobbs
8 3 J. Calado
9 11 S. Bird
10 12 T. Dillmann
11 10 J. Palmer
12 24 R. Binder
13 18 S. Coletti
14 15 A. Rossi
15 25 F. Crestani
16 23 J. Lancaster
17 14 S. Canamasas
18 27 D. De Jong
19 5 J. Cecotto
20 17 R. Haryanto
21 20 N. Berthon
22 4 D. Abt
23 21 K. Ceccon
24 7 J. Leal
25 16 J. Rosenzweig
26 19 S. Trummer
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Frijns went in to the final corner in 3rd and ended the race 6th! 100% deserved for crazy defending.

But more importantly, Ericsson does not choke and wins!

1.Ericsson
2.Calado
3.Colletti
4.Leimer
5.Richelmi
6.Frijns
7.Lancaster
8.Dillmann

So the reverse grid means the top 3 are drivers with one win, thus one of them will probably ruin my "one race win" post in the EVDP forum.
Message me on Discord.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

What about 9th and 10th? Surely you must know points are for the top 10 in the first race
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Kimi-ICE wrote:What about 9th and 10th? Surely you must know points are for the top 10 in the first race

And what happened to Nasr?

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Crazy battle between Coletti, Frijns, Leimer and Richelmi on those last few corners. Very good to watch.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

good_Ralf wrote:
Kimi-ICE wrote:What about 9th and 10th? Surely you must know points are for the top 10 in the first race

Reading from the autosport commentary Nasr just dropped like a stone and on any other day he'd earn the ROTR quite easily
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Kimi-ICE wrote:
good_Ralf wrote:

Reading from the autosport commentary Nasr just dropped like a stone and on any other day he'd earn the ROTR quite easily

Then his chances of finishing 2nd in the title and therefore getting a seat in F1 at say, Williams are going quickly.

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

good_Ralf wrote:
Kimi-ICE wrote:
good_Ralf wrote:And what happened to Nasr?

Then his chances of finishing 2nd in the title and therefore getting a seat in F1 at say, Williams are going quickly.

I don't think the fact that his tyres went away from him warrants an ROTR by any stretch. He fought well at the start; his racing was hard but fair.

It's almost like you didn't watch it...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Ataxia wrote:
good_Ralf wrote:Then his chances of finishing 2nd in the title and therefore getting a seat in F1 at say, Williams are going quickly.

I don't think the fact that his tyres went away from him warrants an ROTR by any stretch. He fought well at the start; his racing was hard but fair.

It's almost like you didn't watch it...

Because I didn't and couldn't.

Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

And neither did i because i'm at my Nan's and she hasn't got Sky Sports F1
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

To me the biggest disappointment of the year has been Daniel Abt, he ran Mitch Evans very close last year in GP3, but the German in his home race qualifies at the back with the no hopers and causes Kevin Ceccon to flip over. It may not be the best year for Art, but at least Calado is competitive in most of the races.
Message me on Discord.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Kimi-ICE wrote:And neither did i because i'm at my Nan's and she hasn't got Sky Sports F1

The point is, you didn't see it and you still managed to vehemently criticise Nasr despite the situation being out of his control. Nice going...if I ever end up in court I hope you're not called on as a witness.

Shadaza wrote:To me the biggest disappointment of the year has been Daniel Abt, he ran Mitch Evans very close last year in GP3, but the German in his home race qualifies at the back with the no hopers and causes Kevin Ceccon to flip over. It may not be the best year for Art, but at least Calado is competitive in most of the races.

Definitely, I genuinely thought he was going to do a good job. His form was far more strong at the latter end of the season, but there's been such little pace from him this season. He qualifies near the back far too often, so his pace on a Friday afternoon just seems to kill his weekends off there and then. It's not a problem with the team; ART have proved many times that they have the resource to keep two cars towards the top end. Abt has just been underwhelming.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Ataxia wrote:
Kimi-ICE wrote:And neither did i because i'm at my Nan's and she hasn't got Sky Sports F1

The point is, you didn't see it and you still managed to vehemently criticise Nasr despite the situation being out of his control. Nice going...if I ever end up in court I hope you're not called on as a witness.

Shadaza wrote:To me the biggest disappointment of the year has been Daniel Abt, he ran Mitch Evans very close last year in GP3, but the German in his home race qualifies at the back with the no hopers and causes Kevin Ceccon to flip over. It may not be the best year for Art, but at least Calado is competitive in most of the races.

Definitely, I genuinely thought he was going to do a good job. His form was far more strong at the latter end of the season, but there's been such little pace from him this season. He qualifies near the back far too often, so his pace on a Friday afternoon just seems to kill his weekends off there and then. It's not a problem with the team; ART have proved many times that they have the resource to keep two cars towards the top end. Abt has just been underwhelming.

Don't worry about Kimi_ICE mate, another member who posts something for the sake of it.

As for Daniel Abt, this weekend isn't a one-off for him. He's been consistently beaten by Calado nearly every time on track. I don't know if he's struggling with GP2 or the car, but something is wrong. When you look at his performances against Mitch Evans (who was the more erratic of the two last season), it's amazing to know they finished 1st and 2nd in GP3.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Sam Bird isn't a happy bunny at the moment.

I'm yet to see the race, but was there any indication of drivers overtaking under the SC, as Bird claims? It sounds like the stewards have cocked up yet again, though we'll have to see...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

East Londoner wrote:Sam Bird isn't a happy bunny at the moment.

I'm yet to see the race, but was there any indication of drivers overtaking under the SC, as Bird claims? It sounds like the stewards have cocked up yet again, though we'll have to see...

According to the on-screen graphics, several drivers were investigated for this; however, there has been no information on the outcome. Evans, Bird (!), Canamasas, Haryanto, Coletti, Crestani and De Jong were all supposedly investigated.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Another Driver that has been massively disappointing this year is Nathanael Berthon. He scored 2 podiums last year and wasn't far off Leimer's pace and he did a decent job. This year however he's scored no points and the only thing I can remember him doing so far in 2013 is using Canamasas as a launch pad in the Feature Race in Spain. He hasn't finished higher than 17th and on countback he's only ahead of Returnee Fabrizio Crestani and the lamentable Ma Qinghua in the championship. The fact that Team-Mate Ceccon is 13th in the championship on 28pts with a podium to his name just says it all. Really not good for one of the quiet achievers of 2012
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Was I the only one getting flashbacks of the last 2 laps battle between Trulli/Barrichello at Nurburgring '99, when seeing Frijns/Coletti battle in the same way the last 2 laps yesterday?
It was fun.
-*:-
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Remarkably in GP3 of all categories we have had 8 different winners from 8 races. They also hail from 7 different countries with only Great Britain winning more than 1 race while 6 different teams have won races. Only the consistent scoring of Tio Elinas (He's finished all 8 races in the top 6) stands in the way of a championship fight.
Divina_Galica

Post by Divina_Galica »

Ataxia wrote:Canamasas got away with murder. The amount of times he's done something silly and pretty much got away with it is stunning; stop-go penalties are not punishments when you're almost last. I've never seen anyone drive with such little respect for other drivers.

....apart from Cecotto. Agree that the stewards are a complete joke....

DG
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

This isn't quite GP2/3, but in Formula Renault 3.5, Magnussen Jr. is 2nd in the championship behind Stoffel Vandoorne. If you think his name is good, what do you think of that of previous FR 3.5 champion Bertrand Baguette? :lol:

Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Ataxia wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
ImageImageImageImage

What a joke. This is just ridiculous.

Canamasas got away with murder. The amount of times he's done something silly and pretty much got away with it is stunning; stop-go penalties are not punishments when you're almost last. I've never seen anyone drive with such little respect for other drivers.

I agree. Canamasas's driving at times has been just as murderous and disgraceful as Cecotto's. I don't see the point of this at all. When there are top quality drivers like Luis Razia and Luca Filippi doing nothing while these nutters are on the grid there's just no point at all.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:I agree. Canamasas's driving at times has been just as murderous and disgraceful as Cecotto's. I don't see the point of this at all. When there are top quality drivers like Luis Razia and Luca Filippi doing nothing while these nutters are on the grid there's just no point at all.

And yet Canamasas got a straight line speed test with Caterham.

EDIT: That was my 500th post on this forum.
Last edited by good_Ralf on 19 Jul 2013, 11:00, edited 1 time in total.

RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
Ataxia wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:ImageImageImageImage

What a joke. This is just ridiculous.

Canamasas got away with murder. The amount of times he's done something silly and pretty much got away with it is stunning; stop-go penalties are not punishments when you're almost last. I've never seen anyone drive with such little respect for other drivers.

I agree. Canamasas's driving at times has been just as murderous and disgraceful as Cecotto's. I don't see the point of this at all. When there are top quality drivers like Luis Razia and Luca Filippi doing nothing while these nutters are on the grid there's just no point at all.

Filippi spent far too long in GP2 and his career suffered because of it
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Filippi and Razia? Quality? Really?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Salamander wrote:Filippi and Razia? Quality? Really?

They'll have more quality than Canamasas ever will. I want the 2012 Johnny Cecotto back. You know The Guy who defended well to win in Monaco, The guy who made that great Strategy move to start on dries when everyone else went for wets when the track was drying in Germany. And also the guy who had good 2nd places in Britain and Italy. Where's that Johnny Cecotto gone?
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Where's that Johnny Cecotto gone?

He's taken advice from his father.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

I just looked again (for the umpteenth time), but this time the urge to speak is irresistible..the GP2 grid last year was..yuck..
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

http://t.co/rvlcMUKaRv Dear God, no....
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

wsrgo wrote:http://t.co/rvlcMUKaRv Dear God, no....

My god GP2 is imploding. Teixiera makes Rosenzweig look like a world champion. At least Jakey-boy is half quick. Teixeira will easily be the slowest man on the grid
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

Wait, there's more...Adrian Quaife-Hobbs will replace ROBIN FRIJNS for the Hungaroring round..no news yet as to who will fill the MP seat vacated by the Briton..

Londoner

Post by Londoner »

wsrgo wrote:Wait, there's more...Adrian Quaife-Hobbs will replace ROBIN FRIJNS for the Hungaroring round..no news yet as to who will fill the MP seat vacated by the Briton..

That is a massive loss to the series. But where can he go from here?

https://twitter.com/RFrijns/status/360053886347784194
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

East Londoner wrote:
wsrgo wrote:Wait, there's more...Adrian Quaife-Hobbs will replace ROBIN FRIJNS for the Hungaroring round..no news yet as to who will fill the MP seat vacated by the Briton..

That is a massive loss to the series. But where can he go from here?

https://twitter.com/RFrijns/status/360053886347784194

A massive loss and more proof that money talks. If their's one thing we could remove from motorsport it would be pay-drivers every time
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I'm starting to think it's time to put GP2 out of its misery. After the final race of the season, lead the series out to a dark alley or behind a curtain, and shoot it in the head...
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

East Londoner wrote:I'm starting to think it's time to put GP2 out of its misery. After the final race of the season, lead the series out to a dark alley or behind a curtain, and shoot it in the head...

The current grid is made up of:

2 of the best Monaco drivers since Louis Chiron
The next biggest Brazilian hopeful since Massa and Barrichello
5 Brits (2 who look ready for F1 1 who should drive an F1 car soon 1 who rivals Kobayashi's overtaking and 1 good but not great driver)
2 Swiss Drivers One who is better than Sebastian Buemi and the other who's hopelessly slow
2 absolute nutters who put Andy Neate to shame
A Dutch hope who deserves an F1 chance (if anyone bothers to sponsor him) The other Dutch Driver is slow
An Inconsistent Indonesian
An American who's hopelessly slow
Mark Webber's promising protege
A Swede who has Chris Amon's luck
3 Italians who are a mixed bag (Giovesi with more maturity could do well)
An Austrian who's anonymous
2 French guys One who's collasped horribly and the other who I think can be an F1 Driver
A German hampered with one of ART's least competitive cars
An American who for me is their next big hope (Alex Rossi)
And Their's a Colombian who will never hold a candle to Montoya

And for Hungary we welcome back the Portuguese/Angolan who failed to qualify at Monaco in 2009

I understand why you think the series has gone downhill since the early years but when the bosses come to their senses and turf out the waste of space then it will be back again
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:An American who for me is their next big hope (Alex Rossi)

HAHAHAHAHAHA no.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:An Austrian who's anonymous

Surely he should be better known over here. After all, he's the nephew of a reject :D
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?