wsrgo

Junior Rejects' Awards

Post by wsrgo »

For 2013, thus far..

Worst GP2 Driver -
Worst GP3 Driver -
Worst FR3.5 Driver -
Worst Formula 3 Driver (any F3 series) -
Worst Young Driver in another series (AutoGP, Formula Renault. 2.0, National F4 level series etc.) -
Worst Driver In A New Series (e.g. drivers moving up from GP3 to GP2) -
Worst Overall F1 Prospect -

Go ahead..explanations aren't necessary..
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
Alextrax52

Re: Junior Rejects' Awards

Post by Alextrax52 »

Worst GP2 driver: Johnny Cecotto: Most of us are waiting for the day that Cecotto gets banned from all racing forever. From that disgusting move on Sam Bird in Malaysia Qualifying to Swiping Sergio Canamasas in the Barcelona Sprint Race. From causing the pile up in Monte Carlo to getting involved in the battle for 2nd while unlapping himself in Hungary. I could write a book on Cecotto's antics this season because they have been unbelievable.

Worst GP3 Driver: Carmen Jorda: Why is she still in GP3? She's a waste of space.

that's all i can do sadly
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Worst GP2 driver: Johnny Cecotto: Most of us are waiting for the day that Cecotto gets banned from all racing forever. From that disgusting move on Sam Bird in Malaysia Qualifying to Swiping Sergio Canamasas in the Barcelona Sprint Race. From causing the pile up in Monte Carlo to getting involved in the battle for 2nd while unlapping himself in Hungary. I could write a book on Cecotto's antics this season because they have been unbelievable.

Just looking at that Spanish video, you should change you're signature to 'ban Johnny Cecotto forever'. Ugh.

How many times has Canamasas lost his rear wing?
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
tzerof1

Post by tzerof1 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Worst GP2 driver: Johnny Cecotto

Cecotto is the only other driver besides Giovanni Lavaggi that I've heard being called "desperately slow". And that really speaks volumes of his worthiness of the accolade in question.
"If you don't like it, overtake or f**k off!"- Niki Lauda responding to complaints of his Brabham BT46 'fan car" throwing debris in drivers' faces.
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

GP2: Pål Varhaug: Very slow. It was surprising to see him get another chance in GP2 after his disastrous season two years ago (scored no points while team mate Grosjean won the championship). He did well in Auto GP last year but it seems like GP2 is just a step too high for him. Fortunately, he was replaced by Lancaster after just two weekends.
GP3: Carmen Jordá: It's nice to see a female driver in GP3 but she is clearly the slowest driver in the series. Piria and especially Powell were clearly better last year as is Gómez, in spite of her lack of experience.

I don't know who to nominate from WSbR and I haven't watched the other series.
girry

Post by girry »

Cecotto? Desperately slow? Noooononono......you're confusing him with Serenelli.

Desperately dangerous......that's, well, more exact.
when you're dead people start listening
mario

Post by mario »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Worst GP2 driver: Johnny Cecotto: Most of us are waiting for the day that Cecotto gets banned from all racing forever. From that disgusting move on Sam Bird in Malaysia Qualifying to Swiping Sergio Canamasas in the Barcelona Sprint Race. From causing the pile up in Monte Carlo to getting involved in the battle for 2nd while unlapping himself in Hungary. I could write a book on Cecotto's antics this season because they have been unbelievable.

Worst GP3 Driver: Carmen Jorda: Why is she still in GP3? She's a waste of space.

To be honest, given the reputation those two drivers have racked up over the year you might as well simply give the awards to them right now. Johnny Cecotto, frankly, should not be racing in GP2 - his inability to control his aggression on track is such that, frankly, it is a miracle that nobody has ended up being injured, or worse, despite some of the crashes that he has ended up causing. As for Carmen Jordá, you can only assume that her position in GP3 is down to money or personal connections, because her results in 2012 did not justify her position (she was 28th in 2012) and are no better in 2013 either.

Although I am unable to watch FR3.5, and therefore do not want to make any firm comments about the sport, a quick skim through of the results might lead me to suggest Yann Cunha (currently 26th in the rankings and with a best finish of just 12th place this season - in fact, he is still to finish in the top 10 in FR3.5 at all, having only managed a best finish of 11th in 2012).
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

Worst GP2 Driver - Pal Varhaug..it was a bit of a shock to see his GP2 performances, considering the fact that he has done well in almost everything else he has participated in. In pre-season testing, the fact that he was outpaced by Conor Daly (coming from GP3), Riccardo Agostini (from Italian F3) and Luciano Bacheta (from F2) speaks volumes..
Worst GP3 Driver - Carmen Jorda..what can I say? She has no place in junior formulae..absolutely Reject Plus-type....
Worst FR3.5 Driver - Matias Laine..having finished fifth last year in GP3, lot more was expected of him, but right now, he's a firm backmarker whereas his teammate Will Stevens is third in the championship. Daniil Move runs him close.
Worst Formula 3 Driver (any F3 series) - Sheban Siddiqi..last in 2010 in Formula Abarth, last in 2011 in ADAC Formel Masters, last of full-time runners last year in German F3, near the back in German F3 this year too..another Reject Plus. Here's a link to confirm..http://www.driverdb.com/drivers/sheban-siddiqi/career/
Worst Young Driver in another series (AutoGP, Formula Renault. 2.0, National F4 level series etc.) - Alex Baron..crushed the opposition in French F4 last year, the Nicolas Todt-managed driver is yet to score a point in Formula Renault 2.0 this year..
Worst Driver In A New Series (e.g. drivers moving up from GP3 to GP2) - Daniel Abt
Worst Overall F1 Prospect - Ricardo Teixeira
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Worst GP2 Driver: Johnny Cecotto jr
Worst F1 prospect: Johnny Cecotto jr
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Worst GP2 Driver - Although many members are screaming Johnny Cecotto Jr.'s name (and I would generally agree that his driving has been quite poor), he has scored points this year. I would argue Sergio Canamasas has probably been worse; he's certainly driven with little regard for the rest of the field and still has no points despite the Caterham team generally being quite up-together.
Worst GP3 Driver - Carmen Jorda. Zero talent, and has finished plum last plenty of times...in short, she's just picked up from where she left off last season.
Worst FR3.5 Driver - One would expect Mathias Laine to be doing better. He was impressively consistent in GP3, but seems to have wilted quite a lot. I don't know whether P1 have the resources to keep both cars at the sharp end, but still, Stevens is in 3rd at the moment whilst Laine has but 2 points.
Worst Driver In A New Series (e.g. drivers moving up from GP3 to GP2) - Either Laine again, or Daniel Abt. Both fighting for honours in GP3 in 2012, now both at the arse-end of the field.
Worst Overall F1 Prospect - I'm not sure here, is this the worst possible candidate for an F1 seat, or the worst driver with possible connections to a seat? I'd guess the first one would point to perennial Row 13 botherer Ricardo Teixeira, but the second would be Canamasas again, due to his part-time Caterham test role...as well as Cecotto Jr. and his occasional tests for Toro Rosso too. Interesting thing to note is that both Canamasas and Cecotto have had a recent spat on Twitter...about crashing.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

A quick google search of Carmen Jorda tells me why she probably still has a seat...
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

LionZoo wrote:A quick google search of Carmen Jorda tells me why she probably still has a seat...

Wait, since when did Dr Baker start running a GP3 team? :lol:

(Doctor, if this ever gets tiresome, do let us know)
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

LionZoo wrote:A quick google search of Carmen Jorda tells me why she probably still has a seat...

Hot damn, no wonder why.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

watka wrote:

If this was ever going to be tiresome, it would have happened 2 or 3 years ago! To be honest, I still :lol: 'ed when I read this.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

dr-baker wrote:
watka wrote:

If this was ever going to be tiresome, it would have happened 2 or 3 years ago! To be honest, I still :lol: 'ed when I read this.

If Baker ran a GP3 team i'm sure he would have found a way to keep Powell, Piria and Jorda at all costs. TBH i would much rather see Susie Wolff in Jorda's car. At least she could keep pace with the tail-enders for a while
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:If Baker ran a GP3 team i'm sure he would have found a way to keep Powell, Piria and Jorda at all costs. TBH i would much rather see Susie Wolff in Jorda's car. At least she could keep pace with the tail-enders for a while

Hmm. Alice Powell, definitely. Wolff would be a good choice, although maybe a step or two down from DTM/F1 test driver position. And maybe try and offer Pippa Mann a full-time drive back in Europe (although it would be a major step down from FR3.5/IndyCar). Perhaps Beitske Visser?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

dr-baker wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:If Baker ran a GP3 team i'm sure he would have found a way to keep Powell, Piria and Jorda at all costs. TBH i would much rather see Susie Wolff in Jorda's car. At least she could keep pace with the tail-enders for a while

Hmm. Alice Powell, definitely. Wolff would be a good choice, although maybe a step or two down from DTM/F1 test driver position. And maybe try and offer Pippa Mann a full-time drive back in Europe (although it would be a major step down from FR3.5/IndyCar). Perhaps Beitske Visser?

Cyndie Allemann? Rahel Frey? Natacha Gachnang? (Swiss triple threat)

Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

wsrgo wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Cyndie Allemann? Rahel Frey? Natacha Gachnang? (Swiss triple threat)

Fiona Leggate? Ana Beatriz? Simona de Silvestro? And the Clincher Milka Duno
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This suddenly brought to mind one of the most epic posts of the last off-season. Gotta go back and redecide who I would want in my dream team (I said dream TEAM, not my dream. :roll: ) (Although it doesn't surprise me I dream of female drivers. But fully dressed and suited up! LOL... And Flav not in a dirty old mac or just a dressing gown - surprising?)
MCard LOLA
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

dr-baker wrote:This suddenly brought to mind one of the most epic posts of the last off-season. Gotta go back and redecide who I would want in my dream team (I said dream TEAM, not my dream. :roll: ) (Although it doesn't surprise me I dream of female drivers. But fully dressed and suited up! LOL... And Flav not in a dirty old mac or just a dressing gown - surprising?)

The Cora Schumacher there....any relation to Ralfie?

Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

wsrgo wrote:The Cora Schumacher there....any relation to Ralfie?

She is Ralf's wife. They have a son.
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

Meatwad wrote:

THAT Cora?? Didn't know she was a racer...

good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Meatwad wrote:

I thought they got divorced... yet another fact which suggests Ralf is not as complete as his older brother.

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

good_Ralf wrote:
Meatwad wrote:

I thought they got divorced... yet another fact which suggests Ralf is not as complete as his older brother.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I thought Michael Schumacher's wife was Cora? Or did they both marry ladies called Cora?
MCard LOLA
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

dr-baker wrote:I thought Michael Schumacher's wife was Cora? Or did they both marry ladies called Cora?

No Michael married Corrina Betsch in 1995
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Cora Schumacher was interviewed once and IIRC she accused Corrina of being "the perfect wife in a perfect world".

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Cora/Corrina... Similar names in my mind! :roll:
MCard LOLA
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

dr-baker wrote:Cora/Corrina... Similar names in my mind! :roll:

I was about to say that. Took the words right out of my mouth.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Don't mention Corinna to Heinz-Herald Frentzen...
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

For the whole of 2013

Worst GP2 Driver -
Worst GP3 Driver -
Worst FR3.5 Driver -
Worst Formula 3 Driver (any F3 series) -
Worst Young Driver in another series (AutoGP, Formula Renault. 2.0, National F4 level series etc.) -
Worst Driver In A New Series (e.g. drivers moving up from GP3 to GP2) -
Worst Overall F1 Prospect -

Go ahead..explanations aren't necessary..

wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

Worst GP2 Driver - Jake Rosenzweig: didn't feature at all, apart from the Monza weekend.
Worst GP3 Driver - Carmen Jorda: sorry, doc Baker
Worst FR3.5 Driver - Yann Cunha: no highs at all
Worst Formula 3 Driver (any F3 series) - Sheban Siddiqi: teammates finished 1st, 2nd and 3rd, he was 18th.
Worst Young Driver in another series (Auto GP, Formula Renault. 2.0, National F4 level series etc.) - Michele la Rosa: 42-year-old Auto GP reject
Worst Driver In A New Series (e.g. drivers moving up from GP3 to GP2) - Daniel Abt: nothing to say
Worst Overall F1 Prospect - Johnny Cecotto, Jr: again, nothing to say

Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Worst GP2 Driver - Johnny Cecotto, Jr. - constantly a danger to other drivers. A sixth season in GP2 would be a travesty.
Worst GP3 Driver - Carmen Jordá - a season best finish of 17th.
Worst FR3.5 Driver - Lucas Foresti - don't think you can blame his performance on AV Formula being a rookie team, given that Arthur Pic managed consistent points finishes and a podium.
Worst Formula 3 Driver (any F3 series) - "Dragon" - the worst driver (and racing under a nickname to boot) in the worst superlicense-awarding F3 series
Worst Young Driver in another series (AutoGP, Formula Renault. 2.0, National F4 level series etc.) - Michele la Rosa - with an honourable mention for all other drivers who were shown up by Narain Karthikeyan.
Worst Driver In A New Series (e.g. drivers moving up from GP3 to GP2) - Daniel Abt - after only narrowly losing the GP3 title to Mitch Evans, Abt looked a good prospect to be best rookie, given he was driving for perpetual challengers ART.
Worst Overall F1 Prospect - Mikhail Aleshin - remember when he was a Red Bull Junior, and a Formula Renault 3.5 champion? Those were the days he might have made it to F1.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

For 2013, thus far..

Worst GP2 Driver -Jake Rosenzweig (the only one to race the entire season and not score points; even CANAMASAS scored)
Worst GP3 Driver -Carmen Jorda (need I explain? Nah)
Worst FR3.5 Driver -Christopher Zanella (I hoped he would have had a good season like he did in Formula 2 but he just went down quickly after his podium finish in the opening round)
Worst Formula 3 Driver (any F3 series) -Saud al Faisal (IMO)
Worst Young Driver in another series (AutoGP, Formula Renault. 2.0, National F4 level series etc.) -Francesco Dracone (just try something other than open wheel, please)
Worst Driver In A New Series (e.g. drivers moving up from GP3 to GP2) -Daniel Abt (so much was expected from him)
Worst Overall F1 Prospect -Ricardo Teixeira
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Worst GP2 Driver Jake Rosenzweig
Worst GP3 Driver Carmen Jorda
Worst FR3.5 Driver Yahn Cunha
Worst Formula 3 Driver Sheban Siddiqi
Worst Driver in another series Michele la Rosa
Worst Driver in a new series Mathias Laine
Worst F1 Prospect Johnny Cecotto Jr
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Worst GP2 driver: Jake Rosenzweig
Worst GP3 driver: Carmen Jordá
Worst FR3.5 driver: Lucas Foresti
Worst F3 driver: Sheban Siddiqi
Worst young driver in another series: Michele la Rosa
Worst driver in a new series: Daniel Abt
Worst overall F1 prospect: Ricardo Teixeira
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

I might as well revive this thread for 2014, even if there is one race left in GP2 and GP3

Worst GP2 driver: Kimiya Sato (dominating Auto GP but totally out of depth in a greater field)
Worst GP3 driver: Carmen Jordá [this time in a Koiranen IN A CAR CAPABLE OF WINNING (proven by Stoneman who dominated Russia, almost sweeping both rounds)]
Worst FR3.5 driver: Roman Mavlanov (no points while his teammate finishes 3rd. Better off in GT cars than open wheel)
Worst F3 driver: Michele Beretta (only one to race the entire European Formula 3 Championship season and never looked close to scoring)
Worst young driver in another series: Anouck Abadie (last French F4 with a best finish of 15th twice)
Worst driver in a new series: Facu Regalia (sadly)
Worst overall F1 prospect: Sergio Canamasas (quite possibly the most dangerous GP2 driver there is)
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF