Formula Ford: A Joke

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Alextrax52

Formula Ford: A Joke

Post by Alextrax52 »

Formula Ford has become nothing but an utter joke this season. The Front and Rear wings have made it lose some of it's uniqueness and worst of all the season has become a CAMMISHWINLOL fest. At least Harry Woodhead has been beaten this season but the rest of the field have not even remotely look like challenging Cammish who's dominance is even putting Vettel to shame. At least Vettel is beatable
dr-baker

Re: Formula Ford: A Joke

Post by dr-baker »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Formula Ford has become nothing but an utter joke this season. The Front and Rear wings have made it lose some of it's uniqueness and worst of all the season has become a CAMMISHWINLOL fest. At least Harry Woodhead has been beaten this season but the rest of the field have not even remotely look like challenging Cammish who's dominance is even putting Vettel to shame. At least Vettel is beatable

I'm guessing you're watching the Snetterton BTCC round on ITV4 too then?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

dr-baker wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Formula Ford has become nothing but an utter joke this season. The Front and Rear wings have made it lose some of it's uniqueness and worst of all the season has become a CAMMISHWINLOL fest. At least Harry Woodhead has been beaten this season but the rest of the field have not even remotely look like challenging Cammish who's dominance is even putting Vettel to shame. At least Vettel is beatable

Yeah Cammish won that last race by 12 seconds lapping a second faster than anyone else. Sums it up for me
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Yeah Cammish won that last race by 12 seconds lapping a second faster than anyone else. Sums it up for me

Bit of desperation at the end of that race from a few of the other drivers, and such a small field...

Final BTCC race about to start!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

So it's Formula Ford's fault that Dan Cammish is so dominant?
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Could it be that Cammish is just an excellent talent?
TORA! TORA! TORA!
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Could it be that Cammish is just an excellent talent?

Agreed. He's another driver who I know nothing about but looking at the stats he has been impressive. He could be another Senna or Magnussen.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Vitaly Petrov won every singe race in the Lada Cup in 2002 scoring the maximum of 500 points. What if he stayed with Lotus in 2012?
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

Here in Holland Formula Ford actually didnt the drive the first 2 races because of a lack of interest of drivers.
Started to happen back in 2010 when on the grid where a stunning 5 FF !!!
And after the warming up there where 3 left......
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Vitaly Petrov won every singe race in the Lada Cup in 2002 scoring the maximum of 500 points. What if he stayed with Lotus in 2012?

You can't weasel out of this by changing the subject...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Could it be that Cammish is just an excellent talent?

He's a good driver, but he does have significantly more experience at this level than the rest of the field, except Jayde Kruger, who is nevertheless having to learn all the British circuits and joined the championship late.
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Well I missed the ff race at snetterton today because I was helping my dad cut up bits of plant
i have no idea what said plans was
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Dan Cammish did his usual thing: Pole, fastest lap and won the 20 minute race by around 15 seconds. He's now broken all records in FF and in an interview said he's now concentrating very hard to not make a mistake for the rest of the year. Good luck to him.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

I think Formula Ford is really struggling in its first year with wings, so to speak. Also, the fact that a 24-year-old-driver with a lot of prior experience in higher categories is racing for the best team in a Formula Four-level series has got to count for something.

Anyway, Fords are no longer considered to be on the main motorsport career ladder. There are much better F4 series at the moment (ADAC Formel Masters, French F4, BRDC F4, Formula Renault 1.6 NEC and Formula Abarth), so Cammish's future probably lies in sportscars, not single-seaters (at least not in Europe).

Or maybe I'm being too serious and this is a fixed series where Cammish has used his money to pay others to race badly, rather than being a pay driver... :P
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

I watched a bit of FF yesterday and it seemed fairly average, perhaps thats why the commentators seemed so insecure as the part I watched was dominated by F1 name dropping and a dogged determination to prove to the viewer how 'essential' FF was to worldwide motorsport.
Just For One Day...
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

wsrgo wrote:I think Formula Ford is really struggling in its first year with wings, so to speak. Also, the fact that a 24-year-old-driver with a lot of prior experience in higher categories is racing for the best team in a Formula Four-level series has got to count for something.

Anyway, Fords are no longer considered to be on the main motorsport career ladder. There are much better F4 series at the moment (ADAC Formel Masters, French F4, BRDC F4, Formula Renault 1.6 NEC and Formula Abarth), so Cammish's future probably lies in sportscars, not single-seaters (at least not in Europe).

Or maybe I'm being too serious and this is a fixed series where Cammish has used his money to pay others to race badly, rather than being a pay driver... :P

Cammish said he was hoping to be in the BTCC next year in an interview yesterday, although I'm not sure if he meant the BTCC itself or the TOCA package in general. Anyway, he'll get a prize test in a Motorbase Ford Focus when his championship is confirmed.
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Formula Ford: A Joke

Formula Joke: A Ford
-*:-
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Yeah Cammish won that last race by 12 seconds lapping a second faster than anyone else. Sums it up for me

Sounds like what happens when Kyle Busch shows up in Nationwide Series racing over on the American side.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

midgrid wrote: Anyway, he'll get a prize test in a Motorbase Ford Focus when his championship is confirmed.

So, we've got a LOOOOONG wait...
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109217

It seems Formula Ford is trying to find ways to not make itself any more of a joke that it is now.

Problem is, there are at least three other entry level series in the UK. We already have BRDC Formula 4, Protyre Formula Renault, and Formula Renault 1.6 UK is set to start from next year..

AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

To be honest, Formula Forsd should be a direct route to British Formula 3. There should be grid's of around 30 cars all run by different teams. That'll separate the talent from the no-hopers.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

AdrianSutil wrote:To be honest, Formula Forsd should be a direct route to British Formula 3. There should be grid's of around 30 cars all run by different teams.That'll separate the talent from the no-hopers.

That's a bit of a conflict in my opinion. Do we want the Talent which makes Motorsport one of the greatest shows on the planet. Or do we want some no-hopers who might not achieve anything but provide this site with some pure reject moments which symbolize what this site was created for. If it were me running Motorsport 90% of the grid would be pure talent and 10% would be those destined for Reject Glory who we can pay tribute to
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

AdrianSutil wrote:To be honest, Formula Forsd should be a direct route to British Formula 3. There should be grid's of around 30 cars all run by different teams. That'll separate the talent from the no-hopers.

Problem is, even British F3 is in the doldrums at the moment, restricted to a four-round mini series, and with only Carlin, Fortec and Double R as serious participants....there is talk of improving the series in the future, but it will take time..

AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

wsrgo wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:To be honest, Formula Forsd should be a direct route to British Formula 3. There should be grid's of around 30 cars all run by different teams. That'll separate the talent from the no-hopers.

Problem is, even British F3 is in the doldrums at the moment, restricted to a four-round mini series, and with only Carlin, Fortec and Double R as serious participants....there is talk of improving the series in the future, but it will take time..

It's because there's so many similar ladder-series taking place. Things like Formula 4 for gods sake! Dump that load of crap because it just runs parallel to the Formula Renault series.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

Triple for Cammish at Knockhill..he has now won all 21 races this season and is on the cusp of winning the championship.

This whole affair is making me a Maranzana fan... ;)

Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

wsrgo wrote:Triple for Cammish at Knockhill..he has now won all 21 races this season and is on the cusp of winning the championship.

Even Vettel doesn't dominate like that. Could Cammish win all 30 races?
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
wsrgo wrote:Triple for Cammish at Knockhill..he has now won all 21 races this season and is on the cusp of winning the championship.

Going by what has happened this season thus far, it'd be a brave man to bet against that.

But now that I've been induced with Maranzana-fanboyism, I say, "Go Nico!!! Stop Dan the Demon!!"

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

wsrgo wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

Going by what has happened this season thus far, it'd be a brave man to bet against that.

But now that I've been induced with Maranzana-fanboyism, I say, "Go Nico!!! Stop Dan the Demon!!"

As much as I like Maranzana, I stil think Cammish will dominate
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Really boring race today. I swear, looking at my thumbs is more interesting than watching a Cammish snoozefest. What was supposed to be the two best races of the year- Brands and Thruxton have turned in snorefests. I live in hope for Rockingham and Silverstone for a change.

I just sent this to Greenpeace on Twitter @Greenpeace Why dont you come and protest at FFord would liven it up. Seriously, it has to be a really really crap race for people(EG: me and me) to forget who won the race. It's a shame that these days when a Formula Ford race is boring we know who won it.

A Briton. Harrison Scott?

No. That's unfair on him. I prefer that bloody pillock Dan Cammish.

Idiot.

I didn't even bother watching the podium because to be honest I'm so sick of this CAMMISHWINSLOL fest that I went to stare at walls. If Scott was on the podium I would watch it because I like Scott, not that muppet Cammish.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

IT'S OFFICIAL. DAN CAMMISH IS THE CHAMPION.

He won the first 2 races at Rockingham, and id now on a 23-race winning streak. Race 3 later today.

apple2009

Post by apple2009 »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Really boring race today. I swear, looking at my thumbs is more interesting than watching a Cammish snoozefest. What was supposed to be the two best races of the year- Brands and Thruxton have turned in snorefests. I live in hope for Rockingham and Silverstone for a change.

I just sent this to Greenpeace on Twitter @Greenpeace Why dont you come and protest at FFord would liven it up. Seriously, it has to be a really really crap race for people(EG: me and me) to forget who won the race. It's a shame that these days when a Formula Ford race is boring we know who won it.

A Briton. Harrison Scott?

No. That's unfair on him. I prefer that bloody pillock Dan Cammish.

Idiot.

I didn't even bother watching the podium because to be honest I'm so sick of this CAMMISHWINSLOL fest that I went to stare at walls. If Scott was on the podium I would watch it because I like Scott, not that muppet Cammish.

:lol: :roll:
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

24 out of 24 for Cammish but easily his most hardest
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

Unfortunately from a statistical domination point of view, Cammish has decided to step down from the final two meetings of the year to give another driver a chance in the JTR team. I expect to see him in the BTCC next year.
--Nigel Roebuck
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

midgrid wrote:Unfortunately from a statistical domination point of view, Cammish has decided to step down from the final two meetings of the year to give another driver a chance in the JTR team. I expect to see him in the BTCC next year.

But in which case, that would confirm his 100% win rate from races entered, and all remaining wins will not count for as much because they won't be able to claim to have legitimately beaten him on-track this year...
MCard LOLA
apple2009

Post by apple2009 »

midgrid wrote:Unfortunately from a statistical domination point of view, Cammish has decided to step down from the final two meetings of the year to give another driver a chance in the JTR team. I expect to see him in the BTCC next year.

I would have liked to see him win all thirty races. Hopefully he gets a drive in F1 eventually.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

apple2009 wrote:

I would have liked to see him win all thirty races. Hopefully he gets a drive in F1 eventually.

No chance, Cammish has said on TV that he wants to be in the BTCC.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

apple2009 wrote:

You're joking I hope..you're in big trouble if you aren't

apple2009

Post by apple2009 »

wsrgo wrote:
apple2009 wrote:

I'm not joking. :| :?
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

apple2009 wrote:
wsrgo wrote:
apple2009 wrote:I would have liked to see him win all thirty races. Hopefully he gets a drive in F1 eventually.

Reasons why Dan Cammish will NEVER make F1
1: To old (25)
2: publicly stated during an interview that we wants to race in the BTCC next year
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

apple2009

Post by apple2009 »

roblomas52 wrote:
apple2009 wrote:
wsrgo wrote:

Reasons why Dan Cammish will NEVER make F1
1: To old (25)
2: publicly stated during an interview that we wants to race in the BTCC next year

Well I did say hopefully. I never said there's a good chance of it happening. Then again, he could be another Jan Magnussen or whoever that guy that was great in the feeder series but mediocre in F1 was.