The _TCC Series Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Salamander

Re: The _TCC Series Thread

Post by Salamander »

3. All in the first race. His car is then too damaged and/or his crew go on strike due to Neate's being an idiot.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Tordoff wins :D
Trump 2016
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Well Neate hasn't done anything bad yet. He's probably just saving it all up for race 3.

He's a regular target for Pistonheads by the way

Awesome race 2 with Turkington holding up a large number of cars at one point. Very happy with Ford with a 3-4 finish and their first Podium of the season. In all a fantastic race with no Brainfade from Neate
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Holy shite, Plato's rolled his MG at the start! :shock:

That looked nasty...

Neal and Newsham out as well.
Last edited by Londoner on 04 Aug 2013, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

East Londoner wrote:Holy shite, Plato's rolled his MG at the start! :shock:

Donington 2011 to a lesser extent. What on earth happened to Dave Newsham? Half a Lap and he's out.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

Donington 2011 to a lesser extent. What on earth happened to Dave Newsham? Half a Lap and he's out.

Had an absolute dog of a start, then collided with Neal twice...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

That looked nasty...

SC deployed. (watching this on ITV4)
Plato rolled his car against the wall, rather than his car dig into the grass or gravel.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

Neal cut right across him. Like an idiot. :|
Everything's great.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

good_Ralf wrote:

That looked nasty...

SC deployed. (watching this on ITV4)
Plato rolled his car against the wall, rather than his car dig into the grass or gravel.

Who'd have thought Snetterton would throw up an exciting meeting and Andy Neate hasn't been part of any of it

Plato looked disappointed and he should be too. This was a golden opportunity for MG to take advantage of their pace and a 2nd place is the best Plato has done. Not his fault but that's the way it goes
Last edited by Alextrax52 on 04 Aug 2013, 16:23, edited 1 time in total.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Shoutout to Lea Wood, 9th in his S2000 Vectra after all the contretemps.

Bloody hell, cars all over the shop yet again at the restart. :roll:

Mat Jackson for the win maybe?
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Another incident! I don't watch BTCC much at all but this is crazy! If only F1 was this chaotic.

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Shedden pulling off a "Plato" on Turkington for the lead. I like Shedden, but that was ridiculous. :evil:
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

East Londoner wrote:Shedden pulling off a "Plato" on Turkington for the lead. I like Shedden, but that was ridiculous. :evil:

Yeah i wouldn't be surprised if Shedden gets a penalty for that. Airwaves are now 2-3 come on boys?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Austin spins out of 5th position. :cry:
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

East Londoner wrote:Shoutout to Lea Wood, 9th in his S2000 Vectra after all the contretemps.

Now 15th with a lap to go.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Looks like Motorbase has finally sorted out the Focus. Took them long enough, maybe now we'll see Mat Jackson back to his championship-caliber self. He held on to Shedden magnificently in that last race, despite carrying 27 kilos more than the Honda.

Bit of a shame Andrew Jordan couldn't capitalise more on the battle for 3rd at the end, but he still shaves another couple of points off of Matt Neal's lead. He's got to be feeling confident for the championship after a weekend like this.
Everything's great.
Samster

Post by Samster »

Good lord, did the Honda drivers all drive like retards. Turkington gets punted off from the lead twice, how Shedden ever thought that move was ever going to work is beyond me. And yet no drive through penalty for it or anything. And we thought the GP2 stewarding was bad. And then we had Matt Neal throwing a hissy fit over Newsham doing exactly the same thing to him as Neal to Newsham mere minutes earlier. Not that we ever got a replay (thanks again, ITV) but I wouldn't be surprised if Rob 'sharkbite' Austin's race 3 spin was caused by Jordan flat out running him over.

I suspect the way the Honda drivers drove today had something to do with compensating for the ridiculous boost handicap system. Still at least race 2 was a joy to watch with an 8 car battle for the lead before the Honda's went rogue on the field.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Nice weekend all told for Jordan, took points off Neal in all 3 races :D Nice to see Airwaves getting their car near the pointy end of the field, where Jackson deserves to be
TORA! TORA! TORA!
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Great run from USF1 driver JM Lopes for winning the second WTCC race at his home nation of Argentina. He has had a great weekend.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Not really a series ending with TCC,but I found something quite funny yet puzzling.

Apparently, in the Superstars Series,there is a driver going by the name of "Diabolik",racing under the Adria Racing banner. Any info on who this "Diabolik" driver is?
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Andy Neate is wasted in the BTCC, his true calling is clearly comedy.
Everything's great.
takagi_for_the_win

Please tell me this is some kind of wind-up?
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:

No you're not dreaming Andy Neate actually believes he can score a podium this season. Reminds me of Ricardo Rosset's profile on this site where he thought he was in the running for a Williams drive
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:

No you're not dreaming Andy Neate actually believes he can score a podium this season. Reminds me of Ricardo Rosset's profile on this site where he thought he was in the running for a Williams drive

The only way that will get a podium is if Andy Neate isn't driving it
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Pieman

Post by Pieman »

WaffleCat wrote:Not really a series ending with TCC,but I found something quite funny yet puzzling.

Apparently, in the Superstars Series,there is a driver going by the name of "Diabolik",racing under the Adria Racing banner. Any info on who this "Diabolik" driver is?

I've done a bit of research and cross-referencing, and although I am not 100% sure I got this right, apparently his real name is Gian Maria Gabbiani and he is the son of, yes, Beppe Gabbiani. http://forix.autosport.com/driver.php?l ... 110500&c=0
Forza Forti
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Pieman wrote:
WaffleCat wrote:Not really a series ending with TCC,but I found something quite funny yet puzzling.

I've done a bit of research and cross-referencing, and although I am not 100% sure I got this right, apparently his real name is Gian Maria Gabbiani and he is the son of, yes, Beppe Gabbiani. http://forix.autosport.com/driver.php?l ... 110500&c=0

Nice researching, but referencing to a subscription-only website is a bit cruel :(
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Muller and Loeb confirmed at Citroen next year in the WTCC

And apparently, Kubica might drive the third Citroen next season.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Fantastic. Tony Gillham has made an awesome choice. He'll be alongside Onslow-Cole who's given that car 3 podiums already this season What a talented and likeable line up
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

Fantastic. Tony Gillham has made an awesome choice. He'll be alongside Onslow-Cole who's given that car 3 podiums already this season What a talented and likeable line up

Brilliant is all I can say to that.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

They're in the same team, but they're driving different cars as O'Neill is in one of the Insignias.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Finally got round to watching the final BTCC race from Snetterton (yeah, I know, I've had a very busy 2 weeks) and what a shocker that was. Over the course of all 3 races, nearly everyone *except* Plato and Neate drove like idiots at some point, so the world must have gone mad.

3 things are annoying me more and more about the ITV coverage though -

1) Random replays. Sometimes we see major incidents again and again. Sometimes we don't see them at all (Bratt going off, Ollie Jackson and Welch hitting each other in the last race)

2) Endless shots of driver's families in the pits. WE DON'T CARE!

3) When there is a SC in the last race (as there nearly always is) we have the mad rush to finish the programme. It's live sport, it will over-run occasionally. You'd think they'd have learnt that by now. You wouldn't have Adrian Chiles being told to wrap up a football match that had gone into extra time in 30 seconds, would you?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I'm now officially old.

The awkward moment when he outqualifies Mr Neate's NGTC Cruze in his older S2000 Cruze on Saturday. :lol:
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

East Londoner wrote:I'm now officially old.

The awkward moment when he outqualifies Mr Neate's NGTC Cruze in his older S2000 Cruze on Saturday. :lol:

That makes quite a few of us, I believe :lol:
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

tommykl wrote:

It just makes me feel like I've wasted my life... :?
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
tommykl wrote:

It just makes me feel like I've wasted my life... :?

He's racing in BTCC, and he's not even old enough to drive on the road in Britain.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
takagi_for_the_win

I'm a full month older than him and I can't even drive yet! :?

Another youngster to watch out for is Pepe Massot; I'm a massive fan of his
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Another youngster to watch out for is Pepe Massot; I'm a massive fan of his

Agreed.
Everything's great.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

btcc.net wrote:Incredibly Moffat will now make his debut in Britain’s premier motor sport series aged just 16 years, ten months and 28 days to become the youngest ever BTCC driver – a record previously held by 12-time race winner Tom Chilton.

If I've got this right, this means he was born on September 27th, 1996.

I had my first driving lesson four days later.

Where did my life go?
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"