BBC viewers

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
TheBigJ

Re: BBC viewers

Post by TheBigJ »

"The concertina effect" is another DCism.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

TheBigJ wrote:"The concertina effect" is another DCism.

I've heard that said by multiple commentators, not just DC.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Y'know I actually enjoyed a wave of nostalgia when DC unleashed that ole favorite "A Ferrari sandwich" this afternoon.

Aah, them were they days, shouting at the TV that the filling is what gives a sandwich its name and so by this incorrect usage all we ever eat are "bread sandwiches".
Just For One Day...
14 Hundred Hours

Post by 14 Hundred Hours »

CoopsII wrote:Y'know I actually enjoyed a wave of nostalgia when DC unleashed that ole favorite "A Ferrari sandwich" this afternoon.

Aah, them were they days, shouting at the TV that the filling is what gives a sandwich its name and so by this incorrect usage all we ever eat are "bread sandwiches".

Here is obviously someone who has never had a sandwich made of marmite between two silces of cheese! (You are all forgiven if you think it sounds gross!)
Aside from that, and I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here before, but does anyone else think that Christian Horner is interviewed far too much on the BBC?
Timo Glock für Bürgermeister.
Also I'm a girl. Maybe I shoulda made this clear waaay back to avoid confusion!
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

14 Hundred Hours wrote:
CoopsII wrote:Y'know I actually enjoyed a wave of nostalgia when DC unleashed that ole favorite "A Ferrari sandwich" this afternoon.

Here is obviously someone who has never had a sandwich made of marmite between two silces of cheese! (You are all forgiven if you think it sounds gross!)
Aside from that, and I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here before, but does anyone else think that Christian Horner is interviewed far too much on the BBC?

The BBC interviews Red Bull, Sky interviews Mercedes.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
14 Hundred Hours

Post by 14 Hundred Hours »

Faustus wrote:
14 Hundred Hours wrote:

The BBC interviews Red Bull, Sky interviews Mercedes.

Maybe they could swap one race weekend. Spice things up.
Timo Glock für Bürgermeister.
Also I'm a girl. Maybe I shoulda made this clear waaay back to avoid confusion!
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

14 Hundred Hours wrote:Here is obviously someone who has never had a sandwich made of marmite between two silces of cheese! (You are all forgiven if you think it sounds gross!)

Thats not a sandwich, that just some sorcery going on with fillings. You need bread. Perhaps not flat square slices, crusty chunks would qualify but you need bread.
Just For One Day...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I need some help people.

Does anyone know what Damon Hill was talking about when he was discussing his 1995 shunt with Schumacher at Monza during the weekend coverage on Sky?

Taki Inoue made reference to it earlier today in a tweet, and I was curious as to what Damon said.

Taki Inoue on Twitter wrote:I feel so sorry for Damon Hill about his contact with Michael in 1995 at Monza. Totally agree what he said in sky.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

I can't remember exactly what he said but he still didn't blame himself even though it was clearly his fault. I think he said something like 'I don't really know what happened there'. Yes you do Damon, you forgot to brake.

Oh, and he's 'Taka' Inoue according to Damon. What an idiot, can't he get reject names correct?
James1978

Post by James1978 »

I don't think Schumacher was completely blameless in that incident - he was trying to be clever and box Hill in behind Inoue for the Roggia chicance and then maybe even the Lesmos too, to try and give himself a buffer.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Ataxia wrote:However, both Andrew Benson and Phil McNulty are dreadful reporters, and cannot write a meaningful story without letting bias creep in.

Anyone want to give me a Phil McNulty article which they believe is rubbish?
Frentzen127

Post by Frentzen127 »

Barbazza wrote:I can't remember exactly what he said but he still didn't blame himself even though it was clearly his fault. I think he said something like 'I don't really know what happened there'. Yes you do Damon, you forgot to brake.

Oh, and he's 'Taka' Inoue according to Damon. What an idiot, can't he get reject names correct?

Well is first name is Takachiho. :|
DEPORTIVO CA... pfft hahaha can't say that with a straight face!
Misses Minardi dearly. :(
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Loved watching Singapore 2008 again last night - but god that that rule where you couldn't refuel if the pitlane was closed was awfully stupid.

What I completely couldn't understand was how Rosberg and Kubica both were penalised but Rosberg still came 2nd and Bobby K ended up completely screwed. I know it was becuase Rosberg could clear the slow Trulli and Fisichella, and Kubica didn't - but Kubica was ahead of Rosberg before the safety car??

There was so much going on around that time that I may have got confused but can anyone explain that? It really did put an end to Kubica's championship bid, that's for sure. He only sort of stayed in it at the next race because of both Hamilton and Massa screwing up royally. :)
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Frentzen127 wrote:
Barbazza wrote:I can't remember exactly what he said but he still didn't blame himself even though it was clearly his fault. I think he said something like 'I don't really know what happened there'. Yes you do Damon, you forgot to brake.

Well is first name is Takachiho. :|

I actually only found that out the other day.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

James1978 wrote:Loved watching Singapore 2008 again last night - but god that that rule where you couldn't refuel if the pitlane was closed was awfully stupid.

What I completely couldn't understand was how Rosberg and Kubica both were penalised but Rosberg still came 2nd and Bobby K ended up completely screwed. I know it was becuase Rosberg could clear the slow Trulli and Fisichella, and Kubica didn't - but Kubica was ahead of Rosberg before the safety car??

There was so much going on around that time that I may have got confused but can anyone explain that? It really did put an end to Kubica's championship bid, that's for sure. He only sort of stayed in it at the next race because of both Hamilton and Massa screwing up royally. :)

From memory, Kubica and Rosberg ended up at the head of the train under the safety car, with David Coulthard running third behind those two and on a one-stop strategy. I believe that the stewards were quick on penalising Kubica which he served immediately, but spent an age penalising Rosberg, who waited until the last possible moment to serve his penalty. By that point, DC had held up the rest of the field so much that Rosberg could serve his penalty and still end up ahead of every one else bar Alonso. Meanwhile, Bobby K ended up mired at the the train behind DC never to be seen again for the rest of the evening.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Wizzie wrote:From memory, Kubica and Rosberg ended up at the head of the train under the safety car, with David Coulthard running third behind those two and on a one-stop strategy. I believe that the stewards were quick on penalising Kubica which he served immediately, but spent an age penalising Rosberg, who waited until the last possible moment to serve his penalty. By that point, DC had held up the rest of the field so much that Rosberg could serve his penalty and still end up ahead of every one else bar Alonso. Meanwhile, Bobby K ended up mired at the the train behind DC never to be seen again for the rest of the evening.

One wonders what might have happened if Webber hadn't broken down.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Sorry Wizzie but both those penalties (plus Massa's unsafe release) were all announced within seconds of each other.

The bit I didn't understand is how Rosberg was in front of Trulli and Fisi after the safety car (but pre-penalties) but Kubica was behind them (also pre-penalty), but Kubica had been quite a way in frony of Rosberg before the safety car - did Kubica try and gamble and see if he does wait until the pitlane was open but couldn't manage it or something?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

James1978 wrote:Sorry Wizzie but both those penalties (plus Massa's unsafe release) were all announced within seconds of each other.

The bit I didn't understand is how Rosberg was in front of Trulli and Fisi after the safety car (but pre-penalties) but Kubica was behind them (also pre-penalty), but Kubica had been quite a way in frony of Rosberg before the safety car - did Kubica try and gamble and see if he does wait until the pitlane was open but couldn't manage it or something?

Ah, my bad. Must have got my wires crossed up with another race from 2008 :|

And yes, I'm pretty sure Kubica tried to wait until the pits opened but couldn't make it on fuel as he fell only a lap short if my memory's correct.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Wizzie wrote:
James1978 wrote:Sorry Wizzie but both those penalties (plus Massa's unsafe release) were all announced within seconds of each other.

Ah, my bad. Must have got my wires crossed up with another race from 2008 :|

And yes, I'm pretty sure Kubica tried to wait until the pits opened but couldn't make it on fuel as he fell only a lap short if my memory's correct.

I think Trulli's speed on his 1 Stop Strategy in the early part of that race was absolutely awful. He was lapping about 3 seconds slower than those ahead and had a large queue behind him consisting of Rosberg, Alonso, Webber, Nakajima, Coulthard etc and of course Fisichella was in the slowest car on the grid so it's not really surprising that he was holding Kubica up while Rosberg was told to push really hard and limit the damage which Kubica was unable to do because he couldn't pass the slower 1 stoppers in a time when Overtaking was near difficult
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Just been checking out the 'competition' and look at this load of old bulwarks...

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... die-irvine

I loved the guy but Eddie Irvine an F1 Legend? :lol:
Just For One Day...
apple2009

Post by apple2009 »

CoopsII wrote:Just been checking out the 'competition' and look at this load of old bulwarks...

How is he not an F1 Legend?
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

apple2009 wrote:
CoopsII wrote:Just been checking out the 'competition' and look at this load of old bulwarks...

A better question would be; how is he an F1 Legend?
Just For One Day...
apple2009

Post by apple2009 »

CoopsII wrote:
apple2009 wrote:

A better question would be; how is he an F1 Legend?

He's 34th all time in terms of races started and almost won a WDC...
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

apple2009 wrote:
CoopsII wrote:A better question would be; how is he an F1 Legend?

He's 34th all time in terms of races started and almost won a WDC...

And Sky are running out of names to interview so they're going for less successful drivers. They should talk to Montoya.

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

apple2009 wrote:He's 34th all time in terms of races started and almost won a WDC...

:lol: Im assuming this is a wind-up? Because if numerous race starts alone qualifies a driver as legendary then there are literally too many legends out there. In actual fact, the term legend is utterly meaningless as there have been so many 'legendary' F1 drivers it describes all and sundry from Nick Heidfeld to Pierluigi Martini. And, yeah, when MSC was injured in 1999 he did come second and we love him for that but he needed alot of help from both Salo and MSC to even achieve that.
Just For One Day...
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

good_Ralf wrote:They should talk to Montoya.

Without „breaking his bathplugging head” of course.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

good_Ralf wrote:They should talk to Montoya.

:lol: "Coming soon to SKY F1, Formula 1 racing legend.... RALF SCHUMACHER!"
Just For One Day...
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Well they have had Gerhard Berger before in the series, and he never won the championship so I don't see what the big difference between him and Irvine is. They were both mavericks too. :)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

But there is only one F1 driver worthy of the name Legend, and sadly his name must not be mentioned.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

dr-baker wrote:But there is only one F1 driver worthy of the name Legend, and sadly his name must not be mentioned.

Shinji Nakano?
-*:-
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Jocke1 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:But there is only one F1 driver worthy of the name Legend, and sadly his name must not be mentioned.

Shinji Nakano?

no, it's Taki Inoue :D
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Jocke1 wrote:

Shinji Nakano?

:roll: His name must not be mentioned? He whose name shall not be mentioned? HWNSNBM? :roll:

It's Vincenzo Sosperi... ;)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

dr-baker wrote: :roll: His name must not be mentioned? He whose name shall not be mentioned? HWNSNBM? :roll:

lol, I know!
-*:-
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

James1978 wrote:Well they have had Gerhard Berger before in the series, and he never won the championship so I don't see what the big difference between him and Irvine is. They were both mavericks too. :)

And both equally un-legendary. Again, I really liked Berger and he had some fantastic moments but, to me at least, you say 'legend' and you think a massive amount of wins and/or world titles. Or those guys that managed to survive during the first 3 or 4 decades of F1, for those drivers perhaps winning races is immaterial to me as just turning up required huge cocones.
Just For One Day...
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

I said exactly the same when I saw that in the schedule and refused to watch a whole hour about that gobshite.

To my mind he might just make the 150th programme in the series, after they'd covered the likes of Brett Lunger, Harald Ertl and Taki Inoue.
apple2009

Post by apple2009 »

Barbazza wrote:

I said exactly the same when I saw that in the schedule and refused to watch a whole hour about that gobshite.

To my mind he might just make the 150th programme in the series, after they'd covered the likes of Brett Lunger, Harald Ertl and Taki Inoue.

You're not a fan, I'm guessing...
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

You do realise we're allowed to mention Max Chilton's name right?
I like the way Snrub thinks!
apple2009

Post by apple2009 »

FullMetalJack wrote:

You do realise we're allowed to mention Max Chilton's name right?

That's not how you spell Jean-Denis Deletraz.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Since when were we not allowed to mention the name of the legendary Alex Zanardi?
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

On the note of Eddie Irvine, I found the F1 legends video that we were talking about if anyone is interested. He has a plausible opinion about what happened in 1994 in Brazil.