LGPS 1991-1993

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Shizuka

Re: LGPS 1993, last chance to dance: Pereparations

Post by Shizuka »

I'll take Madunochev, because nobody else in their mind would drive for Foxhound Life :D
Livery is the same.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
AxelP800

Re: LGPS 1993, last chance to dance: Pereparations

Post by AxelP800 »

Hmm I forgot to mention the drivers. Ronald Tenpecost would drive #14, James Generic would dirve #500. Test driver TBA, and there would be minor livery changes
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
DemocalypseNow

Re: LGPS 1992: Australian GP results up, post-season chitcha

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Alstom GPE would like to rename to Il Barone Rampante. Now can we get access to our old equipment again? :roll:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: LGPS 1993, last chance to dance: Preparations

Post by tristan1117 »

Rockets to Russia will return and we will probably bring back both Ramone and Howard.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
simonracer

Post by simonracer »

Will will continue to drive for us in '93. Nothing will change for next season, the livery will be the same etc.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Here's it! Northgate Engineering, the American team everyone awaits for, is here! (Cue this music)

Driver 1: Ralf Alden
Driver 2: Alessandro Mancini

Livery:

Sponsors: Motorola (engine cover and rear wings), Andrea Moda (sidepod), Pioneer (front wings)

:D
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Douglas-Cliff Racing will make their LGPS debut for 1993 with British rookie Tom Douglas driving the #55. The team will also consider entering a second car, numbered #555, depending on our budget.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Davidellias

Post by Davidellias »

Scuderia Team Autoracing Looks to join LGP93

John Smith a wealthy businessman and owner of National Manufacturing, has stated he wishes to join the LIFE GP series for 1993. The American has stated he will run a one car team numbered 25. His sponsors will be Auto Meter, and Miller High Life Beer. The car will be Black with Yellow wings.

Scuderia Team Autoracing (USA) (Davidellias)
D1: TBC #25
T/RD: None
Budget: ???
This wrote: So they're actually time-travellers?
Jocke1 wrote: Deletraz yes. Lavaggi no.
Salamander wrote:So that's what Deletraz was doing!
Jocke1 wrote:He was trying to reach 88 miles per hour.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

FMecha wrote:Here's it! Northgate Engineering, the American team everyone awaits for, is here! (Cue this music)

Livery:

Sponsors: Motorola (engine cover and rear wings), Andrea Moda (sidepod), Pioneer (front wings)

What are the racing numbers? Caraxl already took #14 which you ran last year, although you can probably negotiate with them over its usage. And what is the nationality of Mancini?

Wizzie wrote:Douglas-Cliff Racing will make their LGPS debut for 1993 with British rookie Tom Douglas driving the #55. The team will also consider entering a second car, numbered #555, depending on our budget.

I presume Douglas-Cliff Racing is British? You can have two cars, which means your budget will be doubled but all car upgrades will cost twice as much as well.

Davidellias wrote:Scuderia Team Autoracing Looks to join LGP93

John Smith a wealthy businessman and owner of National Manufacturing, has stated he wishes to join the LIFE GP series for 1993. The American has stated he will run a one car team numbered 25. His sponsors will be Auto Meter, and Miller High Life Beer. The car will be Black with Yellow wings.

Scuderia Team Autoracing (USA) (Davidellias)
D1: TBC #25
T/RD: None

#25 is already used by Ursus Racing. Other than that, the entry looks good.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Asso Di Fiori would like to extend Braggia's contract, but will probably slim down to one car
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Seeing as I apparently can't regain control of my old assets, I'll instead spend all my money on trying to sign Danilo di Longo to the Alstom GPE entry.

Image Image
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Nuppiz wrote:
FMecha wrote:Here's it! Northgate Engineering, the American team everyone awaits for, is here! (Cue this music)

Livery:

What are the racing numbers? Caraxl already took #14 which you ran last year, although you can probably negotiate with them over its usage. And what is the nationality of Mancini?

Mancini is obviously Italian, and we will run 31 and 32. :)
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

V.I.D.A. will keep it's 1992 livery intact, but will also reduce itself to one car, as the predictions are to Capilé and do Nascimento to share the car. Vaca will remain as our test driver
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

eurobrun wrote:Asso Di Fiori would like to extend Braggia's contract, but will probably slim down to one car

Braggia would prefer to wait until all offers for his services are in.

However, Braggia will be called upon if there is a vacancy at FGCR for any reason at any time during the year.

As for Foster's Good Call Racing, the champions will return with an un-changed lineup:

#1 - James Davies
#9 - Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler

Subject to Stramala's approval, of course. Nuppiz, can I purchase any upgrades now?
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 13 Sep 2013, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Nuppiz, I'm relatively free next week, so if you want a hand with liveries don't be afraid to give me a shout.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Team of The Workers Party are renaming for next season to R.L.R(Rob Lomas Racing) and may we please have Rob Lomas in car 666 and Dave Wilson in car 888?

thanks
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Herrmann Mann wrote: Vat? You are telling me that ve hav von?

VE VON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it's a great day for virtual motorsport as Foster's Good Call Racing finally lift their first ever driver's trophy!

A huge congratulations to James Davies and Jeremey Etienne Voeckler for an amazing performance, begrudging applause for Pieter Kickert for his wonderful contribution, and cries of 'Who the hell is Evelyn Gomes?'

With Dave Wilson and DAYP Loans Racing seemingly pulling out of LifeGP, the question is: Who will challenge the Foster's steamroller in 1993?
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Union Savior Developments wants to enter with a 2-car op. Sponsored by Pepsi and KLM, the car will have red, white and blue colors.

As integral part of this flourishing austrian racing organization, the LGPS can be used as a learning step into another single-seater series (all canon).

Union Savior Developments (USD) (Seedstriker)
Car1: TBC #42
Car2: TBC #43
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

roblomas52 wrote:Team of The Workers Party are renaming for next season to R.L.R(Rob Lomas Racing) and may we please have Rob Lomas in car 666 and Dave Wilson in car 888?

thanks

Everybody else seem to be posting their entries in the LGPS 1993 thread...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Andreas Schnass wrote:Damn! We didnt think that the upkeep for such a small team would be this high! Im guessing good results can come back to bite those who dont have the money to keep going.

Uhh, choices, choices..... Wait, didnt those guys at Al Smith Racing want Sunset as their driver? He could have a chance at the championship if he has a car that doesnt suck. Can you get them on the phone and see if that deal still stands?

So Blokkmonsta may end up folding depeding on the status of their "academy" driver. They would rather have a driver learning the ropes at this point than just sitting out.

So Salamander (Al Smith Racing), are you still interested in signing Sunset for the 1993 season?
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

MacKenzie Financial (CAN) (Dark77)

Single car, both the race seat and test seat are open but we would be interested in signing Jose Braggia. Having the money backing from Canada’s largest investment management firm, we now need just a strong driver for us to dominate the series.
Last edited by Gerudo Dragon on 13 Sep 2013, 18:42, edited 1 time in total.
Trump 2016
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

My entry

Team Name: Hunter Autosport
The cars will use numbers 36 and 37 which will be driven by Danny Fernandez who will be joined by British Female rookie Deanna McMohan, the teams test driver will be another british rookie Thomas Day.

The teams main sponser will be British Airways and the cars will be run in British Airways livery, An Additional sponser of Westland Helicopters will also appear on the car.

If anybody would like to have a go at the livery for me it would be much appreciated as i dont have a means of doing one myself
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

JEV will remain at Foster's Good Call, on the understanding that if any of the team's money is going to be spent on driver performance, it is directed at JEV. Davies simply doesn't need any more of it!

Image Image
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Life Of Namibia signs Alik Mori for the 1993 season.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:So Salamander (Al Smith Racing), are you still interested in signing Sunset for the 1993 season?

Very much so. Vic Sunset will be partnering Jan van der Maeyede, on the understanding that the Dutchman is the team's number one driver for 1993. van der Maeyede will continue driving the 71, while Sunset will take over the 17. Cameroon's Cameron Maroon will take up the test driver position.

Meanwhile, Geoff Donnelly is looking for a seat somewhere in the series. He still accepts payment in the form of pies, and has recently gained personal sponsorship from Greggs.
Last edited by Salamander on 13 Sep 2013, 19:12, edited 2 times in total.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

could the team of the workers party please have there name changed to...

Rob Lomas Racing, R.L.R for short
Drivers
#666:William Anker
#027: Assuming I can Tempt him out of retiement, Dave Wilson, if that fails, would we be interested in sighning Jose Braggia, and if all else fails, Rob Lomas

liverie

please may i have the Repsol colour schemme with the image below as a base.
thank you
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

dr-baker wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:Team of The Workers Party are renaming for next season to R.L.R(Rob Lomas Racing) and may we please have Rob Lomas in car 666 and Dave Wilson in car 888?

thanks

cheers for that mate
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

FMecha

Post by FMecha »

dr-baker wrote:

thanks

Hey dr-baker, I think you should join LGPS. ;)
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Now that Madunochev is signed, I'd like to spend 1000 CHF on qualifying performance, if it is possible to do so now.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

FMecha wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

thanks

Hey dr-baker, I think you should join LGPS. ;)

Don't know about that. Only so many series that I can keep track of my own results in... ;)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Salamander wrote: Very much so. Vic Sunset will be partnering Jan van der Maeyede, on the understanding that the Dutchman is the team's number one driver for 1993. van der Maeyede will continue driving the 71, while Sunset will take over the 17.

Alright then, I'll let Sunset take the 2nd seat for Al Smith Racing.

Sunset does have a request though: He wants the car to have this smiley on the car somewhere, since he says that it brings him good luck: http://stupidknews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/smiley-face.jpg

Heres hoping for a fantastic and less anticlimactic 1993 season!

Also of note for this series:
Some Motorsport Magazine wrote:Blokkmonsta to drop team for 1993 Life GP season, driver goes to Al Smith Racing

As a shock to many fans of the Life GP series, Blokkmonsta Racing has dropped its team entry for the series's 1993 season. Team Manager Andrea Schnass explained that the lack of financial backing for next season would leave the team in serious debt that the team's managers believe wont be able to pay back by the end of the season.
From an interview with Schnass: "We just dont have the money to keep a garage slot in this series, and the fact that all of our sponsors have pulled out at the last minute leaves the prospects of having our own car in serious doubt. As a brand new team whose only made its international motorsport debut in 1992, we've decided to play it safe and pull out of the series as a team, focusing more on getting our driver some more experience with a drive."

Schnass is refering to Blokkmonsta's representative driver Vic Sunset. The 20 year old driver is set to have a drive with the Al Smith Racing team for the Life GP 1993 season after a decent 1992 run where he got 2nd on his very first race. "Its sad to see that the team that got me my chance to race on the international circuit can't stick around for another season, but I can understand that they would pull out due to financial trouble." Sunset said during an interview during a charity race in Austria last week. "Going by my contract manager's advice I've decided to go to Al Smith Racing in order to get some more valuable experience behind the wheel of an F1 car. Heck, Andrea says that I could be in contention for the Driver's title if everything falls into place."

Al Smith Racing Enterprises has been racing in Life GP since its debut season in 1991. Its 1992 season saw Jan Van Der Maeyede perform much better than the previous year, being in contention for the Driver's CHampionship all season and ending up 3rd in the standings. Sunset will be partnering with Van Der Maeyade for the 1993 season.

Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

Zeroforce will stay for 1993. Natascha Zaugg will drive the car.

I will not retain Algernon Bell (It's tristan1117's driver btw) in the team as my crapbox only slows him down, he deserves better. Also because upgrading and running two drivers in a single car team is a stupid idea.
Advertising Bell a bit for the new teams :
- He scored 12 points in 1992. (13 races, 5 points scoring positions, 8 races finished)
- 11 500CHF already spent on his stats.
- 27 races experience, so he shouldn't stall often on the grid.
- Cheaper than upgrading a rookie :D
- He doesn't have a generic black/white helmet.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Rated wrote:Zeroforce will stay for 1993. Natascha Zaugg will drive the car.

I will not retain Algernon Bell (It's tristan1117's driver btw) in the team as my crapbox only slows him down, he deserves better. Also because upgrading and running two drivers in a single car team is a stupid idea.
- He scored 12 points in 1992. (13 races, 5 points scoring positions, 8 races finished)

Wait, how did you change Bell's helmet? I never found out how you can change the helmet...
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:

Wait, how did you change Bell's helmet? I never found out how you can change the helmet...

Nuppiz posted the link for the helmet's template in the LGPS 1991 thread : http://www.mediafire.com/?rrfady8k7iu2r8f (It still works)
I just changed a few things here and there, and then I sent it to Nuppiz. :)
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Great Leap Backward (GER) (This)
D1: TBC #13 Gio Van Dycke (Belgium)
D2: TBC #31 Kim Jong sung (North Korea)
T/RD: Carlos Marquez (Cuba), Josip Stalic (Yugoslavia)
This line-up will get the team in insanely huge debts, but it's a strong driver line-up, and still a reasonably fast car, so, who knows? Better go out in style!

Livery: Transnistrian state company Sheriff (the ones that currently own the footbal club Sheriff Tiraspol) will be main sponsor of the team. So i guess you can choose a colour that fits with their logo.. Also a 'visit Transnistria' on the rear wing.
Minor sponsors (front wing) will be the Ryugyong hotel for KJS car, and 'Made in China' for Van Dycke. + Some random Chinese car maker for both cars (i guess putting 'Made in China' on the bottom, like a toy car, is not possible? :lol: )

If a team is interested in running Marquez or Stalic , this is negotiable.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
The Dutch Bear

Post by The Dutch Bear »

Ursus Racing will continue in 1993, due to the moderate succes in its debut season it will bbe expanded to a two car team.
Fidrik Arnason will stay in the #25 car with the 20-year old Icelandic girl Anna Gunnarsdottir joining in the second car, the #5 (I believe that number is still available, right?)
Liveries stay the same, although maybe the wing mirrors should have different colours. So that the drivers can be told apart. Blue for Arnason and red for Gunnarsdottir would be great.
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Being new here meant that I need a mix of young and seasoned.

Sam Winton looks like a good option for #42
W.A. Stokins could be the one for #43
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Douglas-Cliff Racing (Who are British, to answer Nuppiz's earlier question) are interested in running Bell in the #555 car.

As for a livery, I literally don't care what it looks like. Hell, the worse the livery looks, the better :D
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

After much talk, Aussie Motorsport would like to know how much they would have left if they didn't leave the series.
Officially Retired