Reject Turismo

Archive for the three above subforums
umatbru [aka nonameyet]

Reject Turismo

Post by umatbru [aka nonameyet] »

Alright, lets have a compromise.

Lets throw away this F1RTCC and replace it with another game in which you buy and upgrade cars then enter them into one-off races setup by other players (Sorta like Gran Turismo). HP will still be used to scorinate races, but you can upgrade your car. I shall call it: Reject turismo. (due to the complexity of it, we may need a spin-off site.)
dr-baker

Re: Reject Turismo

Post by dr-baker »

umatbru [aka nonameyet] wrote:Alright, lets have a compromise.

enter them into one-off races setup by other players

That ain't gonna work...

Plus you've posted this in the wrong forum!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
umatbru [aka nonameyet]

dr-baker wrote:

That ain't gonna work...

Then which is the right forum?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

umatbru [aka nonameyet] wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

That ain't gonna work...

Somewhere in the Perry McCarthy Forums, where you have had your other game threads perhaps? :roll:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
umatbru [aka nonameyet]

dr-baker wrote:
umatbru [aka nonameyet] wrote:
dr-baker wrote:That ain't gonna work...

Somewhere in the Perry McCarthy Forums, where you have had your other game threads perhaps? :roll:

then can a mod please move this to the Perry mccarthy forums?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dr-baker wrote:

That ain't gonna work...

Returning to this point in the meantime, have you asked anybody yet about running these one-off races? Has anybody approached you offering to run one-off races? If the answer to both questions is 'no', then this is not going to work. Most people who want to run races and championship with the time to do so, already do so. Those who don't yet run races and series will probably wish to run races of their own creation rather than run races on behalf of somebody else. Only one series on these forums have been started by one person and continued by somebody else to my knowledge...
MCard LOLA
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

dr-baker wrote:Only one series on these forums have been started by one person and continued by somebody else to my knowledge...
Well, I was the one who originally came up with the Life GP Series :D
Trump 2016
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Reading this thread, there is only one real legitimate response. And that response is:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage WHAT!!!!!?????ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

dr-baker wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

That ain't gonna work...

Returning to this point in the meantime, have you asked anybody yet about running these one-off races? Has anybody approached you offering to run one-off races? If the answer to both questions is 'no', then this is not going to work. Most people who want to run races and championship with the time to do so, already do so. Those who don't yet run races and series will probably wish to run races of their own creation rather than run races on behalf of somebody else. Only one series on these forums have been started by one person and continued by somebody else to my knowledge...

Exactly, i too, once tried to get someone else to run my championships. Well, that didn't happen, because people just didn't want to do the work that was my responsability. And they were right. I made promises i couldn't keep, so it's entirely my fault that it didn't happen. (but still, someone should really get those two championships i intended to start from under the dust ;) )
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
umatbru [aka nonameyet]

It's being done in batracer: http://batracer.s3.amazonaws.com/nextgen/index.html

We would like to experiment with a Turismo mode. This is a special type of carset inspired by Gran Turismo in which you buy and upgrade cars then enter them into one-off races setup by other players. It's quite a different experience to the usual historically accurate carsets, but does introduce a unique and personal way to approach races and the route to victory. This is a bonus gameplay mode and doesn't replace any part of the regular game, and can be entirely avoided if preferred.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

umatbru [aka nonameyet] wrote:It's being done in batracer: http://batracer.s3.amazonaws.com/nextgen/index.html

We would like to experiment with a Turismo mode. This is a special type of carset inspired by Gran Turismo in which you buy and upgrade cars then enter them into one-off races setup by other players. It's quite a different experience to the usual historically accurate carsets, but does introduce a unique and personal way to approach races and the route to victory. This is a bonus gameplay mode and doesn't replace any part of the regular game, and can be entirely avoided if preferred.

Can someone explain what he's on about please? Is he implying that he will actually run the races himself, but he just has an awkward way of saying it?
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

dr-baker wrote:
umatbru [aka nonameyet] wrote:It's being done in batracer: http://batracer.s3.amazonaws.com/nextgen/index.html

Can someone explain what he's on about please? Is he implying that he will actually run the races himself, but he just has an awkward way of saying it?

No, not really. He's saying he's going to use something that doesn't exist yet.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Dark77 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Only one series on these forums have been started by one person and continued by somebody else to my knowledge...

Add to that the F1RWRS, and F1RGP2C ;)
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

tommykl wrote:
Dark77 wrote:

Add to that the F1RWRS, and F1RGP2C ;)

F1RWRS was the one I was thinking about. Looks like it is a bit more common than I thought. But still a minority of the total number of series, I notice.
MCard LOLA