The "You're Winner!" Gaming Thread

The place for alternate championships that use real results as a base of forming alternative results, driver careers, and games in general
umatbru [aka nonameyet]

Re: The "You're Winner!" Gaming Thread

Post by umatbru [aka nonameyet] »

roblomas52 wrote:I have been playing GT4 latley on PS2 and it is Bathplugging awesome.

My PS2 cant play Gt4 anymore :(
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Lads, I've got a dilemma. Having bought an N64 last year, I fancy a bit more of a foray into "retro" gaming and therefore I'm going to buy something new to bolster my collection in a few weeks.

Now, I've given myself the choice between an NES, a SNES and a Megadrive. Can anyone with greater knowledge regarding these systems help me decide?

Merci!
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Ataxia wrote:Lads, I've got a dilemma. Having bought an N64 last year, I fancy a bit more of a foray into "retro" gaming and therefore I'm going to buy something new to bolster my collection in a few weeks.

Now, I've given myself the choice between an NES, a SNES and a Megadrive. Can anyone with greater knowledge regarding these systems help me decide?

Merci!

I'm an NES collector. So I could give you a few pointers on it. A basic NES console with controllers, video hookups, and in decent shape, usually will go for around 40-50 USD. They used to be cheaper than that, but they are getting more pricey as the years go by. Make sure the 72 pin connector is in good shape, otherwise the games won't work properly, and you have to buy a new connector. There was also a top loader version of the NES called the "NES-101", which is great if you are planning a large collection because you can play unlicensed games, and there's no region lockout. But they are a lot harder to find, and cost way more than a regular NES. (About 100-120 USD.) If you can, try to get one complete, as you will save you more money in the long run.

Now that you have you're system, you obviously want some games for it. I wouldn't pay more than 10 USD for an NES game unless it's rare, sought after, or boxed. Most of the time if the pins on the cartage aren't rusty, then it should work no problem. If it's dirty, then use some rubbing alcohol, and Q-Tips. Don't blow into the cartage, as it will make things worse by causing condensation to get into the connectors, and causing them to rust. I suggest you check out various websites to check the value on all the NES games to make sure you're not getting ripped off, or if you have found good deal. That's about the basic towards it. Hope I helped you answer some of you're questions.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
Julien

Post by Julien »

I never had an NES but I knew all those tricks thanks to AVGN :lol:
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

DOSBoot wrote:
Ataxia wrote:Lads, I've got a dilemma. Having bought an N64 last year, I fancy a bit more of a foray into "retro" gaming and therefore I'm going to buy something new to bolster my collection in a few weeks.

Merci!

I'm an NES collector. So I could give you a few pointers on it. A basic NES console with controllers, video hookups, and in decent shape, usually will go for around 40-50 USD. They used to be cheaper than that, but they are getting more pricey as the years go by. Make sure the 72 pin connector is in good shape, otherwise the games won't work properly, and you have to buy a new connector. There was also a top loader version of the NES called the "NES-101", which is great if you are planning a large collection because you can play unlicensed games, and there's no region lockout. But they are a lot harder to find, and cost way more than a regular NES. (About 100-120 USD.) If you can, try to get one complete, as you will save you more money in the long run.

Now that you have you're system, you obviously want some games for it. I wouldn't pay more than 10 USD for an NES game unless it's rare, sought after, or boxed. Most of the time if the pins on the cartage aren't rusty, then it should work no problem. If it's dirty, then use some rubbing alcohol, and Q-Tips. Don't blow into the cartage, as it will make things worse by causing condensation to get into the connectors, and causing them to rust. I suggest you check out various websites to check the value on all the NES games to make sure you're not getting ripped off, or if you have found good deal. That's about the basic towards it. Hope I helped you answer some of you're questions.

Thanks, buddy! Yeah, I've found a few for about £50 on Ebay which I was certainly interested in getting. I don't think they ever did the top-loading console in the UK, so I guess that's out of the question for me. Looking into games, the big-names (you know, like Megaman, Castlevania, Zelda, etc) all seem pretty pricey; I can't find any for less than £20. So, I guess I'd have to think outside the box on that...

Regardless, I do thank you massively for all the tips and stuff and I'll certainly think about everything. :)
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

I regret getting rid of my PS2 when i got a PS3 at the back at Christmas in 2007 because i had some epic games for that console (F1, Colin McRae Rally, Gran Tursimo and Ratchet and Clank) My old PS3 got the yellow light in 2011 but i got the new slimline model a few months later
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Ataxia wrote:
DOSBoot wrote:

Merci!

Thanks, buddy! Yeah, I've found a few for about £50 on Ebay which I was certainly interested in getting. I don't think they ever did the top-loading console in the UK, so I guess that's out of the question for me. Looking into games, the big-names (you know, like Megaman, Castlevania, Zelda, etc) all seem pretty pricey; I can't find any for less than £20. So, I guess I'd have to think outside the box on that...

Regardless, I do thank you massively for all the tips and stuff and I'll certainly think about everything. :)

No problem. I should have mentioned that even though most games still go for around 5-10 USD, some of the more popular games that you mentioned are going to go for a bit more than usual simply due to their demand. Even though they aren't rare by any means. Take note I grew up in an era when you could get most of those games at a flea market for around $5 dollars a piece. Those days are sadly quickly coming to an end. I was actually in the U.K. not to long ago, and finding them in thrift stores are next to impossible. (Even in London, I didn't find any.) You're best bet is probably ebay. Even if the shipping is ridiculously expensive.

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I got Grid 2 for my Xbox on Saturday lunchtime and it is seriously good fun. I only real complaint is maybe the live routes as they don't change that often.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
umatbru [aka nonameyet]

Anyone heard about MUGEN? its a free fighting game for the pc. and i need character packs, and fast.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

So who here has played The Stanley Parable? Hopefully all of you, since that way we'll be able to have a proper discussion without spoiling it for anyone. If you haven't, though, you may find yourself asking, "What on earth is The Stanley Parable?" If you are, then I'm so glad you asked! Here, allow me to quote the game's FAQ on their Steam Greenlight page.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

What is The Stanley Parable: HD Remix?
It is the remake/sequel/expansion to The Stanley Parable, a Source mod released in 2011. The game is an experiment in video game storytelling, or the point of it might be that there’s actually no story at all, or maybe the point is that there’s no game. It’s about choice and freedom, possibly, but actually it might be about something else. You will make a decision that means nothing, you will walk a path that goes nowhere, and if you REEEEEEEEALLY look hard enough, none of it will make sense.

Thanks, you’ve said absolutely nothing about the game.
That’s not a question.

So how is the HD Remix different than the original?
The core structure is the same, so those who played the original already know the basic premise. That said, The Stanley Parable: HD Remix is a game of surprise. If you’ve played the original game you may be delighted/infuriated to find you actually only know half the story.

Again, this is not helpful and generally a bit irritating. Specifically, what has changed? Are there new endings? Did you keep the original endings? Do you still play as Stanley? Is it the same Narrator?
Why this insistence? Why do you NEED to know what’s in the game? If the best way to play The Stanley Parable was to know all of this information ahead of time I would have given it to you. Seriously, I’m on your side, I’m not trying to trick you here. There’s a reason I’m holding back these details.

Woah, hold on, where is this coming from? I thought I was asking the questions.
Are you? Why was that? Because your text is boldface? Because you spoke first? Who exactly are you? Do you know? Can you tell me, right now, who you are?

I think…I’m pretty sure I can…I had to just a few minutes ago before they’d let me in here…
See? You’re just making things up again. You were not anywhere before you were here because there is no here. In the course of this very conversation you’ve made up this whole identity for yourself and for me, about how you’re interviewing me because you think I know something about the game. It’s childish, it isn’t helping anyone. I’ve been trying for ages to get you to stop doing this and you won’t, you can’t let up for just two seconds to examine yourself and it’s driving me crazy.

Woah, hold on there, why do you think we know each other? Are you sure I’m who you think I am? If you’re not supposed to be telling me something about the game then what exactly is the point of this whole exchange? Why is it here on the game’s Greenlight page? Is this somehow supposed to be representative of the experience of playing the game?
If you need me to answer that then you have much work to do. I think this conversation has outlived its ability to convey anything to the reader. When you want to speak with me again you know where to find me.

What are you talking about?? You’re just going to leave? Is this somehow your point, to make me feel alone? To just let me sit here in the confusion? Why?? I don’t get it, I don’t get what this game is supposed to be......I’m alone again, aren’t I. There’s no one here. I don’t understand. I don’t understand. Please someone help me, someone help explain this to me, I’m just trying to understand! I just want to know what’s going on! I just want to understand.
Last edited by Salamander on 21 Oct 2013, 09:09, edited 1 time in total.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

umatbru [aka nonameyet] wrote:Anyone heard about MUGEN?

This discussion has already taken place. People have heard of Mugen - the Japanese Honda tuning company... And you are coming across as sounding desperate and/or needy when you say that you NEED character packs and fast. Just chillax a bit, OK?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Salamander wrote:So who here has played the Stanley Parable? Hopefully all of you, since that way we'll be able to have a proper discussion without spoiling it for anyone.

I played the beta or whatever it was for it many moons ago. Man, it was a great game then. Might get the entire thing after the HSC and give it a crack.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wizzie wrote:
Salamander wrote:So who here has played the Stanley Parable? Hopefully all of you, since that way we'll be able to have a proper discussion without spoiling it for anyone.

I played the beta or whatever it was for it many moons ago. Man, it was a great game then. Might get the entire thing after the HSC and give it a crack.

Yeah, the demo is brilliant. Especially since it demonstrates the game perfectly while showing literally the tiniest fraction of the actual game to you. Even if you already have the game, I'd recommend playing it. It's that good.
Everything's great.
apple2009

Post by apple2009 »

dr-baker wrote:

This discussion has already taken place. People have heard of Mugen - the Japanese Honda tuning company... And you are coming across as sounding desperate and/or needy when you say that you NEED character packs and fast. Just chillax a bit, OK?

umatbru [aka nonameyet] wrote:Anyone heard about MUGEN? its a free fighting game for the pc. and i need character packs, and fast.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

apple2009 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

umatbru [aka nonameyet] wrote:Anyone heard about MUGEN? its a free fighting game for the pc. and i need character packs, and fast.

You didn't pick up on the irony and sarcasm, did you? Nor read people's responses in this thread (with a ton of Mugen references)?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

On the topic of Mugen (the game, not the Honda tuning company), this site might be of interest to some of you, as it pits completely random characters from said game against each other for you to 'bet' on (not with real money, thankfully)... which can result in some rather hilarious fights.
This is a cool spot.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Played the Mugen game quite a while back. Great game if you have the time, and effort to customize it. The Peter Griffin character is still hilarious to this day.

Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Merci!

Have you considered the Gameboy Advance, if you don't already own one?
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Faustus wrote:

Merci!

Have you considered the Gameboy Advance, if you don't already own one?

I have a Gameboy Advance SP from circa 2004 and I have had since new and I still quite like it. In fact, Controversual Rob is going to stick his neck on the line and say that retro consoles prices are on the up because nobody gives a damn about the latest generation.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Thats... not really an unpopular opinion there, considering the lacklustre buildups of the Wii U and the PS4 and the chastizing of the Xbox One. That, and I don't think my family has bought any recently made games in six months, but my sister bought a Super Nintendo last week :?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Julien

Post by Julien »

People won't buy the new consoles as long as the games are released for their old console as well. When the first exclusive titles come out, they will charge the stores for the console as well. Look at Nintendo 3DS. It wasn't a too popular console, but when Pokemon XY were released it was sold higher numbers in the first week, than it was in the previous month.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Yep, that's business. Bring out something new, charge the earth for it, and remove all of the cheaper alternatives from the market despite there being nothing wrong with them. I mean are the XBox One and PS4 really a step forward technologically? I don't think so.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

watka wrote:Yep, that's business. Bring out something new, charge the earth for it, and remove all of the cheaper alternatives from the market despite there being nothing wrong with them. I mean are the XBox One and PS4 really a step forward technologically? I don't think so.

Yes, they are. While they might be outclassed by top end PCs now, the 360 and PS3 are being outclassed by integrated graphics. Which is incredibly embarrassing.
Everything's great.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Salamander wrote:
watka wrote:Yep, that's business. Bring out something new, charge the earth for it, and remove all of the cheaper alternatives from the market despite there being nothing wrong with them. I mean are the XBox One and PS4 really a step forward technologically? I don't think so.

Yes, they are. While they might be outclassed by top end PCs now, the 360 and PS3 are being outclassed by integrated graphics. Which is incredibly embarrassing.

Either way, I'm being put off by both systems. Video gaming has become gradually expensive for me as the years go by. It's been brewing in the Xbox 360/PS3 days, and it seems to be coming full to force now with the upcoming Xbox One/PS4 era. I'm not even bothering buying the latest games at launch date anymore simply due to the fact that many games come out incomplete, and use downloadable content to fill in later. Something that I'm not a big fan of since I grew up in an era where downloadable content didn't exist. I fear this may become the norm for most games in the future. No matter what console you choose.

umatbru [aka nonameyet]

The lack of backwards compatibility isn't helping either. In fact it may kill off the console.
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

The whole DLC thingy is a very huge market! Nearly every game uses things like this. I understand when there is a real Add-on, but i hate micro-DLC's!!!
They are just expensive and give you barely any content! The only way to stop this would be: People stop buying DLC's! When there isno market for them, the game studios won't create any one!
But this won't happen so let's wait again for a steam sale to catch some good titles for low money :D
Julien

Post by Julien »

I never buy DLCs. Either I download them from torrent or don't play the game at all. If I would pay $50 for a game, I won't spend another $50 on it just to be able to finish the game.
Another thing that bothers me is that the developers leave gigantic bugs in the game on release. F1 2013 is the finest example. You couldn't write your player's name in the field on the OPENING SCREEN?! You didn't even start to play but you already find a bug?! What a piece of crap is that?!?!! Then you start playing and you realize that AI is not affected by weather or tire wear! I mean... seriously?! one hundred people are working for four years on this project already and they couldn't fix the first screen you meet in the game and the main factor what influences the outcome of the whole F1 Championship? This is not serious... Releasing unplayable games and then patch them later...
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

roblomas52 wrote:I got Grid 2 for my Xbox on Saturday lunchtime and it is seriously good fun. I only real complaint is maybe the live routes as they don't change that often.

I bought Grid 2 some weeks ago when I picked GTA:V and I hadn't opened it. Seeing your post I threw it in two nights ago, and I have to say, personally I think its pretty terrible. I have 14 cars unlocked, and 13 are Drift cars? Seriously? And the Alfa, the only car I have that's "Grip" ha not been eligible for a single race yet. So its Dirt 4, basically? And there's from what I read only 4-5 seasons in the main game and Season one had only Four events (8 races total!) Is the game that short? And why are so few of them actual races? Every other event is either Liveroutes, or Time Attacks or those Faceoffs, where the game flat out tells you to wreck the other car to win. I'm about halfway through Season 2 and there's been only 4 races so far, so which I've won 0 since I don't believe in driving like Tanner Foust during a damn race.

Now with the Red Sox in the World Series, I won't be picking it up for about a week, but Hopefully it starts to not suck soon. Are you farther than Season 2? Does it get better, or at least longer? Are there any non-Drift cars? Are there actual races?
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Wallio wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:I got Grid 2 for my Xbox on Saturday lunchtime and it is seriously good fun. I only real complaint is maybe the live routes as they don't change that often.

I bought Grid 2 some weeks ago when I picked GTA:V and I hadn't opened it. Seeing your post I threw it in two nights ago, and I have to say, personally I think its pretty terrible. I have 14 cars unlocked, and 13 are Drift cars? Seriously? And the Alfa, the only car I have that's "Grip" ha not been eligible for a single race yet. So its Dirt 4, basically? And there's from what I read only 4-5 seasons in the main game and Season one had only Four events (8 races total!) Is the game that short? And why are so few of them actual races? Every other event is either Liveroutes, or Time Attacks or those Faceoffs, where the game flat out tells you to wreck the other car to win. I'm about halfway through Season 2 and there's been only 4 races so far, so which I've won 0 since I don't believe in driving like Tanner Foust during a damn race.

Now with the Red Sox in the World Series, I won't be picking it up for about a week, but Hopefully it starts to not suck soon. Are you farther than Season 2? Does it get better, or at least longer? Are there any non-Drift cars? Are there actual races?

I am actually on season 5 and that only took me about 30ish hours and I am not really the best driver in the world :mrgreen:
The seasons do get a helluva lot longer as the game goes on and you get some good cars in season 4. I'm on about BAC monos, Caterham SP300-R's and some bloody fast V8 super touring cars. Other great cars include the Nismo Z tune Skyline which I use a lot for season 3 and the 4C you mentioned comes in very handy at the end of season 2. There are also a pair of sweet S2000 touring cars you unlock in series 3. Not forgetting the GT3 cars you unlock later in season 5. To get to the start of season 5, I had to do 109 races so the seasons do get a lot longer as the game goes on. Also, the texturing starts to get a bit crappy as the game goes on as well.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

roblomas52 wrote:
Wallio wrote:

I am actually on season 5 and that only took me about 30ish hours and I am not really the best driver in the world :mrgreen:
The seasons do get a helluva lot longer as the game goes on and you get some good cars in season 4. I'm on about BAC monos, Caterham SP300-R's and some bloody fast V8 super touring cars. Other great cars include the Nismo Z tune Skyline which I use a lot for season 3 and the 4C you mentioned comes in very handy at the end of season 2. There are also a pair of sweet S2000 touring cars you unlock in series 3. Not forgetting the GT3 cars you unlock later in season 5. To get to the start of season 5, I had to do 109 races so the seasons do get a lot longer as the game goes on. Also, the texturing starts to get a bit crappy as the game goes on as well.

Ok, as long as it gets better, and theres some real cars, I'll stick it out. Texturing doesn't bother me much. The lack of a cockpit view on the other hand.....
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Wallio wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:
Wallio wrote:

Ok, as long as it gets better, and theres some real cars, I'll stick it out. Texturing doesn't bother me much. The lack of a cockpit view on the other hand.....

I bought Grid 2 in the summer, and I'm really not enjoying it. I'm annoyed that I spent money to pootle about in some beaten-up muscle car around the same place over and over. Maybe it DOES get better, but the motivation to play through the crap isn't there at all.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Wallio wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:
Wallio wrote:I bought Grid 2 some weeks ago when I picked GTA:V and I hadn't opened it. Seeing your post I threw it in two nights ago, and I have to say, personally I think its pretty terrible. I have 14 cars unlocked, and 13 are Drift cars? Seriously? And the Alfa, the only car I have that's "Grip" ha not been eligible for a single race yet. So its Dirt 4, basically? And there's from what I read only 4-5 seasons in the main game and Season one had only Four events (8 races total!) Is the game that short? And why are so few of them actual races? Every other event is either Liveroutes, or Time Attacks or those Faceoffs, where the game flat out tells you to wreck the other car to win. I'm about halfway through Season 2 and there's been only 4 races so far, so which I've won 0 since I don't believe in driving like Tanner Foust during a damn race.

That is a real let down in my mind, especially when one ponders how long they had to develop the game and the "True Feel" handling system is a load of crap to me as the cars which supposed to be balenced (… McLaren F1) do feel like drift cars only with watered down physics. Heck, even the grip cars tend to drift unless you are going at rather silly speeds to get the downforce working. They even screwed up the acceleration and speed on the cars as well. A great example of this is the Nismo Z-Tune R34. In real life, in would get from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. In the game, it's more like 2.7 seconds. I even beat Jason Plato's BTCC pole position time in the Chevy Cruze on Brands Hatch Indy by 8 seconds (48 seconds plays 40 seconds). It just shows how unrealistic it is in terms of the important stuff. :x
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

dinizintheoven (5th March 2013) wrote:Meanwhile, I've posted recently(ish) on some further developments in Rejectland, and why there aren't as many as there could otherwise have been. See the original Postcards From Rejectland, now accompanied by More Postcards From Rejectland, and holidays away from Rejectland in a strange world or two.

Nuppiz! Dark77! AndreaModa! And other Minecrafters! Attention!

This post I've quoted above was written in the run-up to the release of Minecraft 1.5. At the time I'd managed to make a world with references to Forti Corse, Jody Scheckter, Jamie McGregor, Enoch Law, Theodore Racing, Justin Wilson, Perry McCarthy, Jean-Denis Délétraz, and the near-unknown early 1990s F3 driver, Sherif El Sakkaf... plus, from outside the motor racing world, Jet Set Willy, Clawfinger, Ensiferum and Heretic. Go back and refresh your collective memories if you need to know how I managed to crowbar all those into a Minecraft world.

And now, just before I update the world to 1.7 and go nuts with the new scenery, I've made a third tour of Rejectland, detailing everything I've done further in 1.5 and 1.6. Now immortalised in Rejectland over the last eight months, when I've been building as much as I dared, are Jacques Villeneuve, René Arnoux, Roland Ratzenberger and Jean-Pierre Jarier. How have I done that? You'll have to read on to find out.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
umatbru [aka nonameyet]

No mention of SNK or Square Enix?
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Is it just me or are the B-Spec drivers on Gran Turismo 5 frustratingly Damon Hill-esque when it comes to overtaking? I mean, on the British Lightweights race, I put my fella (level 14, before you ask) in a fully tuned McLaren MP4-12C (800+ bhp, less than a tonne etc) and he spent the entire race tucked up behind a Lotus Elise. He even braked on the straights to stay behind! Its reached the stage where I might have to give up on B-Spec in order not to have an anger-induced coronary by my 18th birthday
TORA! TORA! TORA!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Is it just me or are the B-Spec drivers on Gran Turismo 5 frustratingly Damon Hill-esque when it comes to overtaking? I mean, on the British Lightweights race, I put my fella (level 14, before you ask) in a fully tuned McLaren MP4-12C (800+ bhp, less than a tonne etc) and he spent the entire race tucked up behind a Lotus Elise. He even braked on the straights to stay behind! Its reached the stage where I might have to give up on B-Spec in order not to have an anger-induced coronary by my 18th birthday

This is not going to bode well for me when i decide to get a PS3 :lol:

In the mean time, here is some nostalgic race moded cars from GT2
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Julien

Post by Julien »

There is only one huge issue with Forza: It's not available for Playstation...
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Also, its not available on XBox 360. GT6 on the other hand will be available on the PS3 with the PS4 presumably having reverse compatability. This does assume that GT6 is actually released on time and knowing Polyphony Digital that's a massive assumption to make.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Julien wrote:There is only one huge issue with Forza: It's not available for Playstation...

And the problem with Gran Turismo is that it's not on Xbox. :P