The "You're Winner!" Gaming Thread

The place for alternate championships that use real results as a base of forming alternative results, driver careers, and games in general
Salamander

Re: The "You're Winner!" Gaming Thread

Post by Salamander »

DOSBoot wrote:
Julien wrote:There is only one huge issue with Forza: It's not available for Playstation...

And the problem with Gran Turismo is that it's not on Xbox. :P

No, you're both wrong.

The problem is that they're both not on PC.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Salamander wrote:
DOSBoot wrote:
Julien wrote:There is only one huge issue with Forza: It's not available for Playstation...

No, you're both wrong.

Hmmm. You do have a point there. :? But then again the debate could go on forever. Every system has their advantages and disadvantages. Each system has their exclusives, so nothing is perfect.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Ascari Race resort might be on GT6

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-ascari-race-resort/
Last edited by roblo97 on 30 Oct 2013, 12:57, edited 1 time in total.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

DOSBoot wrote:Hmmm. You do have a point there. :? But then again the debate could go on forever. Every system has their advantages and disadvantages. Each system has their exclusives, so nothing is perfect.

Except with PC, the only disadvantage is the cost of the hardware - which is somewhat mitigated by the cheaper cost of the games, and the gigantic list of PC-exclusive games. ;)
Everything's great.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Salamander wrote:
DOSBoot wrote:Hmmm. You do have a point there. :? But then again the debate could go on forever. Every system has their advantages and disadvantages. Each system has their exclusives, so nothing is perfect.

Except with PC, the only disadvantage is the cost of the hardware - which is somewhat mitigated by the cheaper cost of the games, and the gigantic list of PC-exclusive games. ;)

And the constant need to upgrade said hardware just to keep up with the requirements of the games.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Faustus wrote:
Salamander wrote:

And the constant need to upgrade said hardware just to keep up with the requirements of the games.

Unless you just play the games which don't have a massive graphics requirement.
Everything's great.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Salamander wrote:Unless you just play the games which don't have a massive graphics requirement.

Or better, play them some months or more after they were released and when your hardware is capable of running them without problems. And when all the bugs have been removed after all the patches.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Faustus wrote:
Salamander wrote:

Don't forget DRM. That can be a pain.

Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Grid 2 has released Spa today.....as Pay-DLC :evil: :evil: :evil:
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Wallio wrote:Grid 2 has released Spa today.....as Pay-DLC :evil: :evil: :evil:

WHY CODEMASTERS? WHY? WHAT HAVE WE GAMERS DONE TO HURT YOU :evil:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

After buying a PSP and a PS3, I have bought 14 games for PSP and 11 games for PS3. In total, ever. And I haven't bought one in a year, and probably won't ever again. Not if all the ones I'm interested in rely on DLCs...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

DLC drama, eh? On-disc DLC is something you ought to mention. :twisted:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
umatbru [aka nonameyet]

Post by umatbru [aka nonameyet] »

Salamander wrote:
DOSBoot wrote:

No, you're both wrong.

Worse.

Neither Nintendo or the PC have an equivalent to those games.

Also, how come no one has mentioned RPG's that aren't final fantasy (You can mention spin-offs such as kingdom hearts), or anything by SNK?
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Grand Theft Auto Online has finally stabilized a bit. Its stupid fun....but only with your buddies. It makes no sense otherwise, its just a bunch of driving around, street racing, causing chaos, but when you do it with friends its like our high school days all over again....except we have guns and rob liquor stores. I like how you can sort of build a "criminal type". My old college roomie is our shooter/enforcer, I'm the getaway driver, and our other buddy is a sort of all around mook. It adds some layers to the jobs, which admittedly are pretty repetitive.

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

umatbru [aka nonameyet] wrote:
Worse.

Neither Nintendo or the PC have an equivalent to those games.

Also, how come no one has mentioned RPG's that aren't final fantasy (You can mention spin-offs such as kingdom hearts), or anything by SNK?

Have you heard of GT Cube dude? On another hand, Goenitz is awesome. :D

Also, thoughts on League of Legends anyone? (says the guy who never played, and does not have any interest, in the game in question)
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

So I just noticed that Gran Turismo 6 is set to be released in one months time. But I shake my head in disbelief when seeing the tracks to be included in the game.

Again? Really?

The same old tracks from the real world and same old made-up locations. Only 16 from real world locations. 16? Have I traveled back in time to 2001?
Why can't they include more than this? Codemasters and EA would be able to.
Sure the Bathurst addition could be good, but with todays
technology they should be able to cram in 40-50 real world circuits. That would cost a lot, I know. But say 25, then. Or keep the number 16, but replace them all with other circuits.
Where is Macau, Mugello, Sepang, Abu Dhabi, Shanghai, Brno etc etc etc?
Polyphony/Sony would be quite unique if they included Macau. To my knowledge there has only been one PC game ever to have included Macau (Race 07).
The imagination of the developers is severly lacking. I'm disappointed.
-*:-
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Jocke1 wrote:So I just noticed that Gran Turismo 6 is set to be released in one months time. But I shake my head in disbelief when seeing the tracks to be included in the game.

Again? Really?

The same old tracks from the real world and same old made-up locations. Only 16 from real world locations. 16? Have I traveled back in time to 2001?
technology they should be able to cram in 40-50 real world circuits. That would cost a lot, I know. But say 25, then. Or keep the number 16, but replace them all with other circuits.
Polyphony/Sony would be quite unique if they included Macau. To my knowledge there has only been one PC game ever to have included Macau (Race 07).

Race Pro had the Macau circuit on the xbox and you could drive bits of it on PGR4.

on a side note, I now have to open the disk tray on my xbox with a penknife and my parents say I cant have a PS3 until Christmas. :evil:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

umatbru [aka nonameyet]

roblomas52 wrote:
Jocke1 wrote:So I just noticed that Gran Turismo 6 is set to be released in one months time. But I shake my head in disbelief when seeing the tracks to be included in the game.

Again? Really?

Race Pro had the Macau circuit on the xbox and you could drive bits of it on PGR4.

on a side note, I now have to open the disk tray on my xbox with a penknife and my parents say I cant have a PS3 until Christmas. :evil:

But ps3 is irrelevant now, so why not get a ps4?
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

umatbru [aka nonameyet] wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:

Again? Really?

But ps3 is irrelevant now, so why not get a ps4?

1.It's dirt cheap
2.GT6 is coming out soon
3.Not all people can afford to pay 300 quid on something that might be crap
4.me nad dad are going to try and clean the xbox tomorrow evening
5.I don't care for the "next generation" consoles
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

umatbru [aka nonameyet]

Jocke1 wrote:5.I don't care for the "next generation" consoles

Now do i
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

roblomas52 wrote:on a side note, I now have to open the disk tray on my xbox with a penknife and my parents say I cant have a PS3 until Christmas. :evil:

I think you might have the same problem I do. (Disk tray gets jammed when empty.) I just leave a game disk inside, and it doesn't have this problem for some reason. I've been doing it for over a year now, and nothing has happened since.

umatbru [aka nonameyet]

So I herd that Kingdom hearts 3 is coming to Xbox one...

Are'nt Squeenix Gonna re-release the previous titles for X1? They usually love rehashing old games for later consoles.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

DOSBoot wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:on a side note, I now have to open the disk tray on my xbox with a penknife and my parents say I cant have a PS3 until Christmas. :evil:

I think you might have the same problem I do. (Disk tray gets jammed when empty.) I just leave a game disk inside, and it doesn't have this problem for some reason. I've been doing it for over a year now, and nothing has happened since.

And it still happens to me with a game in the disk drive as well.

EDIT:

I was hoping for the damage to be beyond repare but, it isn't. The disk tray opened fine with the face plate off but it is now back to it's normal, jammed state with the face plate back on.

Damn :shock:
Last edited by roblo97 on 04 Nov 2013, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Again? Really?

The main reason why GT6 is only getting a few new tracks is that Polyphony model all of their cars and tracks in house, where as developers like Codemasters and Turn 10 outsource much of the modelling to other companies. It also takes quite a lot of time to make one of the higher detailed tracks, for example it was stated that the Madrid street circuit in GT5 took more than two years to make.

If you really want a huge number of tracks, PC sim racing is where you should be looking... there are tons of additional tracks made by the modding community for games such as rFactor, GTR2, etc.
This is a cool spot.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

MinardiFan95 wrote:

Again? Really?

The main reason why GT6 is only getting a few new tracks is that Polyphony model all of their cars and tracks in house, where as developers like Codemasters and Turn 10 outsource much of the modelling to other companies. It also takes quite a lot of time to make one of the higher detailed tracks, for example it was stated that the Madrid street circuit in GT5 took more than two years to make.

If you really want a huge number of tracks, PC sim racing is where you should be looking... there are tons of additional tracks made by the modding community for games such as rFactor, GTR2, etc.

Besides, PD said that they will deliver monthly track DLCs. :)

Roblomas, I agree with your comment about next gen consoles - you can add consoles going HDMI only (I still have an old SDTV) to your list of reasons why to stick to current gen. Not to start a console war, though :ugeek:
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Yea it looks good, but so did GT5. However, my main gripe is that theres no way it launches on time. I have preorder GT2, GT3, GT4, and GT5 and all were delayed multiple times. I purposely haven't preordered GT6. Maybe that will break the curse? LOL

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I think the idea of a one make race series using Lunar Rovers would be awesome and rejectful :lol:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

And speaking of Gran Turismo 6. I noticed on the car list, there are Base models of racing cars from various racing series, most notably SUPER GT, and FIA GT3 among other things. Maybe there is a livery creator hidden in there that Kaz hasn't officially confirmed yet? If that's the case, I will be super stoked because it will now allow me to post liveries for my alternate SUPER GT series! :D
Now posted to PMMF . . . F1 management 2011!

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

KL-racer wrote:And speaking of Gran Turismo 6. I noticed on the car list, there are Base models of racing cars from various racing series, most notably SUPER GT, and FIA GT3 among other things. Maybe there is a livery creator hidden in there that Kaz hasn't officially confirmed yet? If that's the case, I will be super stoked because it will now allow me to post liveries for my alternate SUPER GT series! :D

Doubt it. Whining and confusion has developed over GTPlanet forums about those issues. :|
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

"This video may contain content unsuitable for children"

That message got my hopes right up; unfortunately Emma Watson doesn't feature as a semi-naked grid girl...
TORA! TORA! TORA!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:

"This video may contain content unsuitable for children"

That message got my hopes right up; unfortunately Emma Watson doesn't feature as a semi-naked grid girl...

If you want a grid girl, the only answer is Reiko Nagase...

:P
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

FMecha wrote:
KL-racer wrote:And speaking of Gran Turismo 6. I noticed on the car list, there are Base models of racing cars from various racing series, most notably SUPER GT, and FIA GT3 among other things. Maybe there is a livery creator hidden in there that Kaz hasn't officially confirmed yet? If that's the case, I will be super stoked because it will now allow me to post liveries for my alternate SUPER GT series! :D

Doubt it. Whining and confusion has developed over GTPlanet forums about those issues. :|

On a different note about the amount of credits we would all start out with in GT6. Best case, I am hoping to be the same as GT5, 20,000 CR, but then again I saw a few screenshots from the GT site, and on the top of the screenshots, it said 13,000 CR. But then again, either number can be wrong come Dec. 6 when we finally put our hands on it for the first time. Lastly, I guess I was mistaken by the whining on GTPlanet forums, it is more widespread than I thought!

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Is it me, or does gran turismo arena track look quite cool?
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

roblomas52 wrote:Is it me, or does gran Turismo arena track look quite cool?

For a proposed go-kart/Kei car track it seems awesome for Polyphony digital to manage to fit a race circuit on a soccer field! But for anything with more HP than Japanese Kei cars, it would be overkill! :lol:

watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

KL-racer wrote:

For a proposed go-kart/Kei car track it seems awesome for Polyphony digital to manage to fit a race circuit on a soccer field! But for anything with more HP than Japanese Kei cars, it would be overkill! :lol:

One thing that endears me to GT over Forza is that you have to start from the very, very bottom. Buying a 20 year old MX5 or RX7, doing the Kei car races. It is a driving simulator as well as a racing simulator.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Don't get your hopes up for a livery editor based on the 'base models' included in the car list... I'm guessing this Megane Trophy is one of the base models, and it just looks as if it has a livery in the style of a race modification from GT5.

This is a cool spot.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

KL-racer wrote:

It might not be overkill for Group C cars :lol:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

watka wrote: One thing that endears me to GT over Forza is that you have to start from the very, very bottom. Buying a 20 year old MX5 or RX7, doing the Kei car races. It is a driving simulator as well as a racing simulator.

Agreed 100% with this point. For me, my starting car was different in every single GT game. Here's what I started out with in every GT game

GT1: Toyota Supra MA70
GT2: Toyota Celica GT-4 RC
GT3: Daihatsu Storia X4
GT4: Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 8 MR (yes, I did use the 100,000 Cr. save game transfer from GT3!)
GT5P: Mazda RX-8
GTPSP: Honda Fit (however, I did buy a Corvette Z06 on day 1 with the 100,000 CR given to me and used that instead)
GT5: Lexus IS200 (yes, it had the 2.0 I6 engine in it)

Notice a theme? All of the starter cars that I ended up using was either FR or 4WD.

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

KL-racer wrote:
watka wrote: One thing that endears me to GT over Forza is that you have to start from the very, very bottom. Buying a 20 year old MX5 or RX7, doing the Kei car races. It is a driving simulator as well as a racing simulator.

Agreed 100% with this point. For me, my starting car was different in every single GT game. Here's what I started out with in every GT game

GT1: Toyota Supra MA70
GT2: Toyota Celica GT-4 RC
GT3: Daihatsu Storia X4
GT4: Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 8 MR (yes, I did use the 100,000 Cr. save game transfer from GT3!)
GT5P: Mazda RX-8
GTPSP: Honda Fit (however, I did buy a Corvette Z06 on day 1 with the 100,000 CR given to me and used that instead)
GT5: Lexus IS200 (yes, it had the 2.0 I6 engine in it)

Notice a theme? All of the starter cars that I ended up using was either FR or 4WD.

Here is my starting cars on the games I have played.

GT3: Mazda Mx5 1.8 1994
GT4: Nismo 270R (from the International A lisence)
GTPSP: VW Golf GTI MK4
GT5: Who knows ;)
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote: