TOTB (ten of the best)

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Alextrax52

Re: TOTB (ten of the best)

Post by Alextrax52 »

Salamander wrote:My top ten Gran Turismo tracks:

10. Special Stage Route 11 (GT1 version)
9. Special Stage Route 11 (GT1 version)
8. Special Stage Route 11 (GT1 version)
7. Apricot Hill Raceway
6. Special Stage Route 11 (GT1 version)
5. Special Stage Route 11 (GT1 version)
4. Special Stage Route 11 (GT1 version)
3. Special Stage Route 11 (GT1 version)
2. Special Stage Route 11 (GT1 version)
1. Special Stage Route 11 (GT1 version)

Honourable mentions to Special Stage Route 11 (The GT1 version, not that horrendous abomination that they call SSR11 now).

Is the abomination one in GT3? If so I thought that was a track that was very challenging and the scenery my god I could have partied there all night if i had the chance
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
Salamander wrote:My top ten Gran Turismo tracks:

10. Special Stage Route 11 (GT1 version)
9. Special Stage Route 11 (GT1 version)
8. Special Stage Route 11 (GT1 version)
7. Apricot Hill Raceway
6. Special Stage Route 11 (GT1 version)
5. Special Stage Route 11 (GT1 version)
4. Special Stage Route 11 (GT1 version)
3. Special Stage Route 11 (GT1 version)
2. Special Stage Route 11 (GT1 version)
1. Special Stage Route 11 (GT1 version)

Honourable mentions to Special Stage Route 11 (The GT1 version, not that horrendous abomination that they call SSR11 now).

Is the abomination one in GT3? If so I thought that was a track that was very challenging and the scenery my god I could have partied there all night if i had the chance

Yes. Yes it is. It's an abomination because it cut out the best, most challenging part of the circuit, and replaced it with a pathetic flat-out chicane which totally killed the character of the circuit.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Ten of the best... Commercial aircraft!

10.- Airbus A300

9.- Douglas DC-3

8.- Boeing 747

7.- Vickers VC-10

6.- Boeing 707

5.- Tupolev Tu-114 Rossiya

4.- Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation

3.- Hawker-Siddeley HS-121 Trident

2.- Convair CV-990 Coronado

1.- BAC-Aérospatiale Concorde

Honorable mentions:

Lockheed L-1011 TriStar

de Havilland DH-106 Comet

Douglas DC-8

Vickers Viscount

McDonnell-Douglas DC-10
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Ten of the best-looking Formula 1 cars built under the 2009-2013 regulations:

Brawn BGP001

Renault R30

Lotus T127

Virgin MVR-02

HRT F112

Williams FW 31

Marussia MR02

Lotus R31 (although I prefer the black and yellow R30)

McLaren MP4-27

Toro Rosso STR8

No particular order, but my favourites are the Brawn and the Marussia MR02
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

pi314159 wrote:Ten of the best-looking Formula 1 cars built under the 2009-2013 regulations:

Put that Brawn car in that yellow Renault colours, and you got perfection!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Sorry, but I really disagree with the Renault R30. That nose... Ughhh.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

dr-baker wrote:Sorry, but I really disagree with the Renault R30. That nose... Ughhh.

At least it is better than it's predecessor...

Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

good_Ralf wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Sorry, but I really disagree with the Renault R30. That nose... Ughhh.

At least it is better than it's predecessor...

Still can see the family resemblance.

Like comparing Alain Prost's nose with Robert Kubica's (not that there's a family link there. :oops: )
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

This wrote:
pi314159 wrote:Ten of the best-looking Formula 1 cars built under the 2009-2013 regulations:

Put that Brawn car in that yellow Renault colours, and you got perfection!

My preference to the Brawn to be better is the whole thing to be lime green :lol:

In response to my statement above, I will respond with the best looking cars (2009-2013) with a livery change (if I had the time to get into Photoshop, I'd give you the new liveries)

10. Ferrari F10 - black front and rear wings and a slightly darker red
9. McLaren MP4-27 - replace silver with forest green, the red with yellow :mrgreen:
8. Marussia MR02 - light blue body with white wings and sidepods
7. HRT F112 - make it gold, make it gold gold gold, baby Add some small touches of red and blue, and an odd but irresistible combination
6. Ferrari 150 Italia - make it Rosso Monza, and add more of Italian tricolor stripes on the sidepods and the bottom of the nosecone.
5. Red Bull RB7 - pink with flairs of purple :P
4. Williams FW-32 - replace blue with Cobalt blue, and make the white silver and black stripes
3. Williams FW-31 - the blue is made lighter, and the white is replaces with light green
2. Brawn BGP001 - as I said above, lime green.
1. Caterham CT02 - Yellow with black on the sidepods and endplates of the front wing. Add green on the nose and the air intake behind the driver's head, and voila! Perfection!

Yeah, I'm serious :lol:
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Top 10 scrapping the barrel reasons why Vettel will/might not win the 2014 Driver's Title:

1. The change to turbo engines next year will seemingly give Mercedes' powered teams an advantage if reports are anything to go by.
2. More regulation changes to incorporate into Newey's notoriously tightly packaged cars could see the already unreliable Red Bulls turn into the mid-2000 McLarens.
3. Michael Schumacher's most dominant title was in 2004, and after that he never won the title again. Same could happen to Vettel.
4. Any changes in the Pirelli tyre compounds could see things return to the early 2013 season situation.
5. He'll have not 1 but 2 former world champions driving Ferraris to contend with.
6. All Mercedes need to do is sort out their tyre wear and they'll be on the race pace of Red Bull.
7. With India going off the calendar, that's his favourite race gone. Korea could be going too.
8. Peter Prodromou is leaving at the end of 2014, he might go on gardening leave and have no say in the car's aerodynamics.
9. Guillaume Rocquelin is going to turn around and belt Vettel one of these days and that might put him out for a few races.
10. Max Chilton will be in his 2nd year of F1 and will have no reason to hide his undoubted talent any longer.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

watka wrote:Top 10 scrapping the barrel reasons why Vettel will/might not win the 2014 Driver's Title:

3. Michael Schumacher's most dominant title was in 2004, and after that he never won the title again. Same could happen to Vettel.

11. Following on from point 3, Schumacher won his titles from 2000 - 2004. I studied for my 1st degree from 2001 - 2005 (offset by one year).
Ergo, Vettel will win titles from 2010 - 2013, as I am studying for my 2nd degree from 2011 - 2014 (offset by one year)...
MCard LOLA
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

watka wrote:3. Michael Schumacher's most dominant title was in 2004, and after that he never won the title again. Same could happen to Vettel.

Schumacher's most dominant title was 2002 imo
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

dr-baker wrote:
watka wrote:Top 10 scrapping the barrel reasons why Vettel will/might not win the 2014 Driver's Title:

11. Following on from point 3, Schumacher won his titles from 2000 - 2004. I studied for my 1st degree from 2001 - 2005 (offset by one year).
Ergo, Vettel will win titles from 2010 - 2013, as I am studying for my 2nd degree from 2011 - 2014 (offset by one year)...

I am sorry to tell you, dr-baker, but this will be your last degree. And you will stop studying after 2014, agreed? ;)
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

DanielPT wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

I am sorry to tell you, dr-baker, but this will be your last degree. And you will stop studying after 2014, agreed? ;)

If this pattern is indeed true, then I agree reluctantly. ;) :(
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

My Top-10 Favourite Films/Movies To Date

1. TT3D: Closer To The Edge

2. Back To The Future trilogy (the third being the best of the three, but all three are great)

3. The Italian Job (the 1969 version, obviously...)

4. Senna

5. Rush

6. Grease

7. Iron Sky

8. Aladdin

9. Dead Poets' Society

10. The Lion King

My Top-10 Favourite Kids' TV Shows (in no particular order)

Thunderbirds (the 1960s SuperMarionette version, not the live action version...)

Stingray

Round the Twist

Thomas The Tank Engine (particularly the first two series with Ringo Starr, and certainly NOT the new CGI version!)

Count Duckula

Jimbo & the Jet Set

Blue Peter

The Hoobs

Supercar

Doctor Who

MCard LOLA
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Am I the only person to think that Round the Twist was awful? Everyone I know has fond memories of it.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

No Captain Scarlet in that list Baker? Considering all the other 1960s SuperMarionette shows in your list, that's surprising. :o :shock:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Top 10 best motorsport series:

1. ChampCar

2. Indy Racing League

3. A1GP

4. BTCC

5. International F3000

6. European Rallycross Championship

7. V8 Supercars

8. Whelen Modified Tour

9. Atlantic Championship

10. WTCC (1987)
Last edited by Gerudo Dragon on 08 Nov 2013, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.
Trump 2016
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Dark77 wrote:Top 10 best motorsport series:

1. ChampCar

Dark... that's CART.
Everything's great.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Salamander wrote:Dark... that's CART.
They were essentially the same series but under different names, ChampCar sounds better.
Trump 2016
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Dark77 wrote:
Salamander wrote:Dark... that's CART.
They were essentially the same series but under different names, ChampCar sounds better.

It's... still CART though.

:P
Everything's great.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

I've never heard of Ralycross.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

watka wrote:Am I the only person to think that Round the Twist was awful? Everyone I know has fond memories of it.

It was admittedly very crude in terms of their humour, but that's what pre-pubescent boys enjoy... (Plus Linda Twist above ain't ugly...)

East Londoner wrote:No Captain Scarlet in that list Baker? Considering all the other 1960s SuperMarionette shows in your list, that's surprising. :o :shock:

I suppose I could have had a list of favourite Gerry Anderson productions, but I didn't want a list too dominated by one genre, otherwise Captain Scarlet would have been there... Also just outside the top-10 were:

Bertha

Muppet Babies

Round the World in 80 Days (even to this day, when I read the novel, this is how I picture the characters in my head!)

Fraggle Rock

Inspector Gadget

The Racoons

Going Live, Live and Kicking (I still remember the phone number now...)

ImageImageImage

Plus Grange Hill and Byker Grove!
MCard LOLA
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

watka wrote:Am I the only person to think that Round the Twist was awful? Everyone I know has fond memories of it.

The theme song though, a thing of unrivalled beauty.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

My Top Ten Films/Film Franchises:

10. Layer Cake

9. The Shawshank Redemption

8. Star Wars (the original trilogy)

7. The Indiana Jones Trilogy (yes, the TRILOGY.)

6. Repo Man

5. The Shining

4. Snatch

3. Pulp Fiction

2. The Great Escape

1. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Honourable mentions: anything with Michael Sheen in it.
Last edited by Ataxia on 08 Nov 2013, 19:49, edited 2 times in total.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
UncreativeUsername37

Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

:roll:

:lol: :?:
MCard LOLA
UncreativeUsername37

Here's the one that's not "no hotlinking please":
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

10 of the best "heavy damage" (near KO) themes from Street Fighter II:

1. Akuma (Gouki)
2. CPS-1 Dictator (M.Bison/Vega - CPS-1 includes World Warrior, Champion Edition, and Hyper Fighting)
3. CPS-2 Guile (CPS-2 includes Super: The New Challengers, Super Turbo, and Hyper: The Anniversary Edition)
4. CPS-1 Boxer (Balrog/Mike Bison) (I actually prefer the CPS-2 version)
5. T. Hawk
6. Dee Jay
7. CPS-1 Ryu
8. Fei Long
9. CPS-1 Dhalsim
10. CPS-2 Ken

:)
Last edited by FMecha on 09 Nov 2013, 04:18, edited 1 time in total.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

My top 10 favorite movies:

10: Aliens

9: The Dark Knight Trilogy

8: 2001: A Space Odyssey

7: The Thing

6: Blade Runner

5: The Blues Brothers

4: Die Hard Franchise

3: Star Wars Original Unaltered Trilogy

2: Tron

1: Terminator 2: Judgment Day
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Top 10 drinks in the world

10 Tango Blackcurrant
9 Coke Zero
8 Sprite
7 Chocolate Milkshake
6 Dr Pepper
5 Coke Cherry
4 Coca-Cola
3 Pepsi
2 Mars Milkshake
1 Banana Milkshake
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Top 10 drinks in the world

10 Tango Blackcurrant
9 Coke Zero
8 Sprite
7 Chocolate Milkshake
6 Dr Pepper
5 Coke Cherry
4 Coca-Cola
3 Pepsi
2 Mars Milkshake
1 Banana Milkshake

Since when did Tango do Blackcurrant?

And i'd do my own list, but it'd all be alcohol.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

FullMetalJack wrote:

10 Tango Blackcurrant
9 Coke Zero
8 Sprite
7 Chocolate Milkshake
6 Dr Pepper
5 Coke Cherry
4 Coca-Cola
3 Pepsi
2 Mars Milkshake
1 Banana Milkshake

Since when did Tango do Blackcurrant?

They already have Orange Apple and Cherry. Blackcurrant is a recent addition i think. My Sister had some the other week
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

10 Tango Blackcurrant
9 Coke Zero
8 Sprite
7 Chocolate Milkshake
6 Dr Pepper
5 Coke Cherry
4 Coca-Cola
3 Pepsi
2 Mars Milkshake
1 Banana Milkshake

There appears to be a distinct lack of beer, whisky, and Coca-Cola Vanilla...

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:Here's the one that's not "no hotlinking please":

It's fixed now, I believe...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Ataxia wrote:

10 Tango Blackcurrant
9 Coke Zero
8 Sprite
7 Chocolate Milkshake
6 Dr Pepper
5 Coke Cherry
4 Coca-Cola
3 Pepsi
2 Mars Milkshake
1 Banana Milkshake

For Christ sake man I'm only 16 so of course there's going to be no beer or whisky and I've never had Coke Vanilla so I can't comment on that yet
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
Ataxia wrote:

10 Tango Blackcurrant
9 Coke Zero
8 Sprite
7 Chocolate Milkshake
6 Dr Pepper
5 Coke Cherry
4 Coca-Cola
3 Pepsi
2 Mars Milkshake
1 Banana Milkshake

For Christ sake man I'm only 16 so of course there's going to be no beer or whisky and I've never had Coke Vanilla so I can't comment on that yet

I was drinking beer and whisky at age 16...and Strongbow, regrettably.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:For Christ sake man I'm only 16 so of course there's going to be no beer or whisky and I've never had Coke Vanilla so I can't comment on that yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaeLKhRnkhQ

Just don't do the cigarettes bit, and you'll be fine. I was drinking cider when I was 16. ;)

Note: I haven't smoked in my life, and I don't plan on starting...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

East Londoner wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:For Christ sake man I'm only 16 so of course there's going to be no beer or whisky and I've never had Coke Vanilla so I can't comment on that yet

Just don't do the cigarettes bit, and you'll be fine. I was drinking cider when I was 16. ;)

No thanks Banana Milkshake is my Alcohol (I am quite soft)
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
East Londoner wrote:

No thanks Banana Milkshake is my Alcohol (I am quite soft)

I had 1 glass of Champagne and 4 glasses of wine at my cousins wedding and I was still completly fine 8-)

I am also quite partial to a glass of Magners with my evening meal or sunday roast sometimes as wellas well.

My favourite non alcoholic drink is Tesco diet ginger beer ;)
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Looking at your alcohol consumptions most of you might be :shock: :o that I hardly drink alcohol and I don't particularly like stuff like red wine. It's too strong. I have tried a bit of cider, beer and wine in my life but not much else, although I don't mind cider. On the note of non-alcoholic drinks, I enjoy the diet versions of Coca-Cola, Pepsi and ginger beer etc.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.