2014 Silly Season Thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Re: 2014 Silly Season Thread

Post by go_Rubens »

Wizzie wrote:
watka wrote:As for Massa at Williams, I think this is a good move for both parties. Maldonado's relationship with the team has clearly soured and I can see Massa leading the team much in the way that Barrichello did before. I think that the move will show simply that Massa has just been suffering from Fisichellitis (and being screwed over by Ferrari strategies) and he'll find his feet again in a midfield team.

All Barrichello did was help lead them to one of their worst seasons in living memory :lol:

I don't exactly see what Rubens did wrong at Williams...
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Stramala wrote:
eurobrun wrote:This is a farce. Magnussen is not ready for a drive straight at McLaren imo. Massive gamble anyway.

If the champion of the best single seater series after Formula 1 is not ready to drive for McLaren, then we may as well just keep going with the status quo lineups and abandon the sport when the current group of drivers dies of old age.

None of us here are qualified to state whether Kevin Magnussen is worthy of a McLaren seat or not. But if you take subjectivity regarding talent out of the equation, if Magnussen is not good enough for the seat, neither is anyone in the world who does not already drive in Formula 1.

Let's take a lowdown of every rookie to join a Top 5 team since the turn of the century, shall we?

KEVIN MAGNUSSEN // McLAREN // 2014 - Only time will tell
NICO HULKENBERG // WILLIAMS // 2010 - Was reigning GP2 champion. Got a pole position, which is more than can be said for veteran team-mate Barrichello. They were a Top 5 team the year before he signed, but certainly not after. He had a slow start, but what do you expect from a rookie? He picked it up and by the end of the year was matching Rubens.
KAMUI KOBAYASHI // TOYOTA // 2009 - Midseason replacement doesn't really make it a fair fight for him against others in this scenario. A last roll of the dice by Toyota. Had a horrible GP2 career, still did enough in his two debut appearances to get another two seasons in the sport.
KAZUKI NAKAJIMA // WILLIAMS // 2008 - Yes, he had 1 race beforehand, but only because Wurz called it quits early. He was very medicore, as had been his junior formulae career.
LEWIS HAMILTON // McLAREN // 2007 - Debut season, 1 point from world championship. Second season, world champion. So, the last time McLaren hired a rookie, it didn't exactly backfire did it...
NICO ROSBERG // WILLIAMS // 2006 - Went into the sport as reigning GP2 champion. The car was an utter dog, he had no chance of proving his talent in it. Still only 3 points off Mark Webber. Has gone on to prove his worth, a match for Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes.
FELIPE MASSA // SAUBER // 2002 - Was reigning Euro Formula 3000 (i.e. not even the real deal international series) champion. Wasn't too far off Heidfeld. Already had Ferrari backing.
TAKUMA SATO // JORDAN // 2002 - He may have secured the seat thanks to his association with Honda, and Jordan's contract with Honda, but he went in as reigning British F3, Macau GP and F3 Masters champion. Outpeformed by every team-mate he ever had until moving to Super Aguri.
JENSON BUTTON // WILLIAMS // 2000 - Considered hideously underqualified when chosen ahead of Antonio Pizzonia. Acquitted himself well enough, albeit not a sensation in his first season.

Look at that list, and look at what it's achieved. 2 world championships, 51 race wins, 59 pole positions. Kevin Magnussen has a junior formulae CV to match the best drivers in this list, and one surpassing the also-rans such as Nakajima and Sato.

You are highly unlikely to find an expert willing to say Kevin Magnussen is not cut out for a team that's 5th in the championship. Where do you think he belongs, a Marussia? History clearly shows that, barring a disaster, he will do just fine. Yes, his father was hyped up and didn't live up to expectations, but it doesn't mean Kevin will do the same.

Of that list, only really Button and Hamilton really count as those starting out at a top team. Some of those examples were completely irrelevant and pointless. Besides I do think McLaren's lack of form this year is an exception rather than the rule.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

eurobrun wrote:
Stramala wrote:
eurobrun wrote:This is a farce. Magnussen is not ready for a drive straight at McLaren imo. Massive gamble anyway.

If the champion of the best single seater series after Formula 1 is not ready to drive for McLaren, then we may as well just keep going with the status quo lineups and abandon the sport when the current group of drivers dies of old age.

None of us here are qualified to state whether Kevin Magnussen is worthy of a McLaren seat or not. But if you take subjectivity regarding talent out of the equation, if Magnussen is not good enough for the seat, neither is anyone in the world who does not already drive in Formula 1.

Let's take a lowdown of every rookie to join a Top 5 team since the turn of the century, shall we?

NICO HULKENBERG // WILLIAMS // 2010 - Was reigning GP2 champion. Got a pole position, which is more than can be said for veteran team-mate Barrichello. They were a Top 5 team the year before he signed, but certainly not after. He had a slow start, but what do you expect from a rookie? He picked it up and by the end of the year was matching Rubens.
KAMUI KOBAYASHI // TOYOTA // 2009 - Midseason replacement doesn't really make it a fair fight for him against others in this scenario. A last roll of the dice by Toyota. Had a horrible GP2 career, still did enough in his two debut appearances to get another two seasons in the sport.
KAZUKI NAKAJIMA // WILLIAMS // 2008 - Yes, he had 1 race beforehand, but only because Wurz called it quits early. He was very medicore, as had been his junior formulae career.
LEWIS HAMILTON // McLAREN // 2007 - Debut season, 1 point from world championship. Second season, world champion. So, the last time McLaren hired a rookie, it didn't exactly backfire did it...
NICO ROSBERG // WILLIAMS // 2006 - Went into the sport as reigning GP2 champion. The car was an utter dog, he had no chance of proving his talent in it. Still only 3 points off Mark Webber. Has gone on to prove his worth, a match for Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes.
FELIPE MASSA // SAUBER // 2002 - Was reigning Euro Formula 3000 (i.e. not even the real deal international series) champion. Wasn't too far off Heidfeld. Already had Ferrari backing.
TAKUMA SATO // JORDAN // 2002 - He may have secured the seat thanks to his association with Honda, and Jordan's contract with Honda, but he went in as reigning British F3, Macau GP and F3 Masters champion. Outpeformed by every team-mate he ever had until moving to Super Aguri.
JENSON BUTTON // WILLIAMS // 2000 - Considered hideously underqualified when chosen ahead of Antonio Pizzonia. Acquitted himself well enough, albeit not a sensation in his first season.

Look at that list, and look at what it's achieved. 2 world championships, 51 race wins, 59 pole positions. Kevin Magnussen has a junior formulae CV to match the best drivers in this list, and one surpassing the also-rans such as Nakajima and Sato.

You are highly unlikely to find an expert willing to say Kevin Magnussen is not cut out for a team that's 5th in the championship. Where do you think he belongs, a Marussia? History clearly shows that, barring a disaster, he will do just fine. Yes, his father was hyped up and didn't live up to expectations, but it doesn't mean Kevin will do the same.

Of that list, only really Button and Hamilton really count as those starting out at a top team. Some of those examples were completely irrelevant and pointless. Besides I do think McLaren's lack of form this year is an exception rather than the rule.

If you feel they are irrelevant and pointless, then you did not read the post correctly. Again. They were completely relevant to the point being made. It doesn't matter what you believe, because you have no actual reasoning to your opinion whatsoever. If you come back with a hypothesis that actually has some sort of reasoning to it, feel free to call him hideously underqualified, but until such time, stop risking polluting the minds of the easily influenced with such nonsense.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Stramala wrote:
eurobrun wrote:
Stramala wrote:If the champion of the best single seater series after Formula 1 is not ready to drive for McLaren, then we may as well just keep going with the status quo lineups and abandon the sport when the current group of drivers dies of old age.

If you feel they are irrelevant and pointless, then you did not read the post correctly. Again. They were completely relevant to the point being made. It doesn't matter what you believe, because you have no actual reasoning to your opinion whatsoever. If you come back with a hypothesis that actually has some sort of reasoning to it, feel free to call him hideously underqualified, but until such time, stop risking polluting the minds of the easily influenced with such nonsense.

Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button were the only two examples that are similar. None of the others made their first starts in what could even remotely be considered top class teams.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Stramala wrote:... Kevin Magnussen has a junior formulae CV to match the best drivers in this list, and one surpassing the also-rans such as Nakajima and Sato...

Excuse me, but Takuma Sato is not an also-ran. You forget he was the reason behind the existence of SUPER AGURI and on this website, that's a far more valuable contribution to Formula 1 and to humanity than any mere World Championship. :evil: :evil:

:D

Also, Sato did almost win the Indy 500 in 2012 and is the first Japanese to win an IndyCar race... <_<
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

eurobrun wrote:Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button were the only two examples that are similar. None of the others made their first starts in what could even remotely be considered top class teams.

So you missed the part where he counted every team that was in the top 5 of the WCC then, right? How is that not relevant? McLaren are only 5th in the WCC now, and could still slip to 6th. Regardless, saying Kevin Magnussen moving to McLaren is a massive gamble and a farce is an awful knee-jerk reaction, considering Magnussen romped home to the title with 9 consecutive on-the-road podium finishes to close out his year, something we haven't seen in a top-line junior series for a very long time, possibly ever. He was more dominant this year in FR3.5 than Lewis Hamilton was in GP2 in 2006, having finished on the podium over 75% of the time, whereas Hamilton was on the podium 66% of the time. Magnussen was outside the points only once, and worse than 4th only twice - compared to Hamilton who finished worse than 4th five times. And it's not like his competition was bad, he was up against Stoffel Vandoorne, who bossed everyone in the recent GP2 test session, the one Magnussen didn't bother turning up to. He also was up against Antonio Felix da Costa, who was by far and away the general favourite to win the title, including by yours truly, and who wound up over 4 race wins behind, even counting the fact that Magnussen had one of his wins disqualified because he had the wrong paint on his rear wing or something. Meanwhile, Hamilton's biggest title rival was Nelson Piquet Jr., and we all know how he turned out.

So, why don't you tell me why you think none of this matters and why Kevin Magnussen, despite having one of the single best seasons in the step-below-F1 category of all time, a more dominant season than Lewis frickin' Hamilton had in 2006, still doesn't deserve a McLaren seat, even though it's far from guaranteed that they'll be title contenders next year?
Last edited by Salamander on 12 Nov 2013, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Sublime_FA11C

Post by Sublime_FA11C »

"I think Sergio has been a great team member and he's made a spirited contribution. He's produced some really good races, some exciting races and ruffled a few feathers and I think he's done a pretty good job throughout the whole year."

I really don't care for what comes out of Whitless' blowhole and comments like these are the reason why. Maybe someone feels Magnussen will gel with the team quickly and won't struggle the way Perez has. That said, the team either took him as a short term gamble or quickly decided it wasn't gonna happen. If it was the latter it might explain some of Sergio's aggresion earlier in the year.

As for Kvyat. I've never heard of the guy and all i saw recently was a short interview. Very impressed with the way he talks and handles himself. A spotty kid he is not, that guy could be deadly if he has talent because i don't think mind games or politics will affect his career. And Magnussen? Probably too soon in McLaren for his own good, but you never know.
Leyton House wrote:Sauber - found out painting your car like an HRT will make it go like one.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

So... who's going to be the title sponsor of McLaren?

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Shizuka wrote:So... who's going to be the title sponsor of McLaren?

I wonder if it depends on the second driver? That could be why they've put off the announcement...
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

AustralianStig wrote:

I wonder if it depends on the second driver? That could be why they've put off the announcement...

McLaren ... Mercedes ... Magnussen ... Maldonado? :lol: :lol: :lol:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

eytl wrote:
AustralianStig wrote:

McLaren ... Mercedes ... Magnussen ... Mansell! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorted!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Some company related to Honda.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Faustus wrote:

Or even Honda themselves.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Divina_Galica

Post by Divina_Galica »

Hound55 wrote:Who the hell is Kyvat?

No idea, but Daniil Kvyat will be racing for Toro Rosso next season
Divina_Galica

Post by Divina_Galica »

Stramala wrote:

Spot on, we can only sit here at a keyboard and pontificate. McLaren have full knowledge of Button, Perez and Magnussen and usually know exactly what they are doing.

Signing Checo at the end of last was a mistake, and he hasn't lived up to the hype arising from a few cotra-strategy Pirelli inspired results las season, and now that they are in a position of knowing they are secure with the partnership with Honda, no longer have to worry as much about looking for income to replace Vodafone. It is suggested that Perez brought £8m to the team, but most of that was being paid back to him as salary, whereas Magnussen can be employed for £0.5m for 2014.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Divina_Galica wrote:Spot on, we can only sit here at a keyboard and pontificate. McLaren have full knowledge of Button, Perez and Magnussen and usually know exactly what they are doing.

But I bet that Keith Wiggins and the Pacific team still don't know what it was that Jean-Denis Deletraz was doing...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

dr-baker wrote:
Divina_Galica wrote:Spot on, we can only sit here at a keyboard and pontificate. McLaren have full knowledge of Button, Perez and Magnussen and usually know exactly what they are doing.

But I bet that Keith Wiggins and the Pacific team still don't know what it was that Jean-Denis Deletraz was doing...

Pacific Grand Prix website wrote: His performances in Formula 3000 were impressive, particularly with the GDBA Lola team with which he scored third places at Le Mans and Zolder in 1988. At the same time he also competed in some sports car races, notably finishing 7th in the World Sports Car event at Brands Hatch - also in 1988.

Between 1992 and 1994 Jean-Denis continued his career in Touring Cars, becoming a works driver for SEAT, but never giving up his ambition of one day racing in Formula One.

That opportunity finally came in 1994 when he negotiated a drive with the Larrousse team in the Adelaide Grand Prix. Despite never having driven at Adelaide before, and with a lack of testing, he qualified a solid 25th and rose to 15th place in the race before being forced to retire after 56 laps with gearbox problems.

No, they certainly didn't know what he was doing.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

Aerospeed wrote:
Faustus wrote:

Honda McLaren-Merecedes? Do we really need another repeat of the BMW Sauber-Ferrari situation?

Also, it's looking like things could get ugly next year
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

andrew2209 wrote:
Aerospeed wrote:

Honda McLaren-Merecedes? Do we really need another repeat of the BMW Sauber-Ferrari situation?

I thought this was long-term we were talking about, my bad. :oops: Though it's not outside the realms of possibility, and I actually quite liked the BMW Sauber-Ferrari combo - very rejectful! :lol:
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Have Sauber signed some sort of deal with Ganassi Racing, similar to their deal with Chelsea FC?
TORA! TORA! TORA!
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

WeirdKerr wrote:Kevin Magnussen is going to be the first time I will have seen the first race of both genereations..... I only started watching f1 with Keke Rosberg's last race, and then there is Ayrton and Bruno, but i'm not counting them as it's not a parental lineage.

Ummmm

I completely forgot Nakajima

oopos me bad
Belegur

Post by Belegur »

I really wonder if Massa knows what he's letting himself in for. It's in very poor taste to say this, but Williams have been ending the careers of Brazilian drivers since 1994.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Belegur wrote:I really wonder if Massa knows what he's letting himself in for. It's in very poor taste to say this, but Williams have been ending the careers of Brazilian drivers since 1994.

You could also say that Brazilian drivers often leave either not performing well or the people in the team didn't treat them well, like Mansell and Piquet.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

go_Rubens wrote:
Belegur wrote:I really wonder if Massa knows what he's letting himself in for. It's in very poor taste to say this, but Williams have been ending the careers of Brazilian drivers since 1994.

You could also say that Brazilian drivers often leave either not performing well or the people in the team didn't treat them well, like Mansell and Piquet.

Since when was Mansell a Brazilian? Or are you referring to his former moustache?
Last edited by Ataxia on 12 Nov 2013, 22:24, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Ataxia wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:

Since when was Mansell a Brazilian?

I could make a very crude comment here in response. But this is a family forum, so I shall refrain from doing so, lest I corrupt the Wmetcalfs of this world. :lol:
Last edited by Londoner on 12 Nov 2013, 22:25, edited 2 times in total.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

East Londoner wrote:
Ataxia wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:You could also say that Brazilian drivers often leave either not performing well or the people in the team didn't treat them well, like Mansell and Piquet.

Since when was Mansell a Brazilian?

I could make a very crude comment here in response. But this is a family forum, so I shall refrain from doing so, lest I corrupt the Wmetcalfs of this world. :lol:

It just crossed my mind just then! I tried to ninja-edit, but alas I wasn't quick enough...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Ataxia wrote:
East Londoner wrote:
Ataxia wrote:Since when was Mansell a Brazilian?

It just crossed my mind just then! I tried to ninja-edit, but alas I wasn't quick enough...

:lol: I meant when Piquet left Williams, and how Mansell and himself were not the best of friends. I will admit I was slightly vague. Although I do think there is a hint of sarcasm, so who knows :lol:
Last edited by go_Rubens on 12 Nov 2013, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Ataxia wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:

Since when did Mansell have a B.Sc?

Fixed for the sake of Wmetcalf ;)
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

WeirdKerr wrote:

oopos me bad

I think everyone can forgive you for forgetting Nakajima Jr...
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

watka wrote:
WeirdKerr wrote:

oopos me bad

I think everyone can forgive you for forgetting Nakajima Jr...

Who's Nakajima? ;)

I didn't remember him either!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Dan B

Post by Dan B »

WeirdKerr wrote:
WeirdKerr wrote:Kevin Magnussen is going to be the first time I will have seen the first race of both genereations..... I only started watching f1 with Keke Rosberg's last race, and then there is Ayrton and Bruno, but i'm not counting them as it's not a parental lineage.

Ummmm

oopos me bad

It's not just you. I think there are many that forgot that Kazuki Nakajima raced in F1, but then again, he might as well have been the Japanese Giorgio Pantano - good amount of money (or in Nakajima's case, an engine deal) and absolutely anonymous.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Dan B wrote:
WeirdKerr wrote:

Ummmm

oopos me bad

It's not just you. I think there are many that forgot that Kazuki Nakajima raced in F1, but then again, he might as well have been the Japanese Giorgio Pantano - good amount of money (or in Nakajima's case, an engine deal) and absolutely anonymous.

There are plenty of other drivers to forget as well. I forget very often that Wurz came back to F1 in 2007, despite me knowing of the Alex Wurz conspiracy.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

I tried to remember a forgettable driver, then realised that was impossible....
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Rusujuur

Post by Rusujuur »

Hmm, this years musical chairs are really turning out well. By the looks of it, at least two drivers, probably more have to leave by the end of it... We have Perez and Maldonado out of a drive at the moment, but they both seem to be loaded. I'd say the pressure is on Gutierrez Gutierrez and Di Resta, maybe Sutil. All the top teams except Mercedes are shuffling and in the end they might be the only team with the same drivers next year!! :shock: Has this happened before? Not in my days as a fan, I think...
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Faustus wrote:

Mugen? :D

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Rusujuur wrote: All the top teams except Mercedes are shuffling and in the end they might be the only team with the same drivers next year!! :shock: Has this happened before? Not in my days as a fan, I think...

1996 had only Tyrrell have the same line-up as the year before:

Ferrari and Benetton changed both drivers
Williams replaced Coulthard with Villeneuve
McLaren replaced Blundell with Coulthard
Ligier replaced Brundle/Suzuki with Diniz
Jordan replaced Irvine with Brundle
Sauber replaced Boullion/Wendliger with Herber
Arrows had a double change
Minardi replaced Badoer with Fisichella/Marques/Lavaggi
Forti also has a double change!!
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Benetton

Post by Benetton »

Absolutely thrilled to see Magnussen get the McLaren seat! Three Scandinavian/North Europe drivers next year! Niceness.

I was absolutely sure that Magnussen was going to McLaren at some point in his career but this came out of the blue; a nice surprise though.

I am a Sergio Perez supporter but if it is true that Magnussen has been thrashing him in the simulator etc than I think McLaren is fully right to take a small gamble on Magnussen.

Where does this leave Button? I think he'll get an extension since they need someone to lead the team with the new regulations but Vandoorne can't be many years from a seat (max. two)?

If I were Force India I would sign Hülkenberg and Pérez. That is a strong line-up that also brings some dollar.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Benetton wrote:If I were Force India I would sign Hülkenberg and Pérez. That is a strong line-up that also brings some dollar.

I agree with that. Perez needs to get his head down in a decent mid-field team until he matures a bit more.
Just For One Day...
LellaLombardi

Post by LellaLombardi »

CoopsII wrote:
Benetton wrote:If I were Force India I would sign Hülkenberg and Pérez. That is a strong line-up that also brings some dollar.

I agree with that. Perez needs to get his head down in a decent mid-field team until he matures a bit more.

I agree too. That should produce an interesting intra-team battle and show who out of the two is more worthy of the top drive.
Maria De Villotta will forever be badass. Rest in Peace.
Pulling for Schumi and Jules.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Hulkenberg is still in contention for the 2014 Lotus seat but he will not be driving in Austin or Interlagos in the coming weeks.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.