"Reject of the Year" for years that were not covered.

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Alextrax52

Re: "Reject of the Year" for years that were not covered.

Post by Alextrax52 »

I'm doing the Years that were covered because i didn't agree with some of them and the first half of them was drivers only

3rd Prost: Last overall with endless retirements and the drivers hit each other twice
2nd Jaguar: British Ferrari? Yeah right. Only 4 points all season and Johnny Herbert was well past his best
1st Alex Wurz: That moment at France summed up his season perfectly

3rd Benetton: For 75% of the year they were battling Minardi and they scored 90% of their Points tally in Germany and Belgium combined
2nd Gaston Mazzacane: Who's Idea was it to give this man a drive? First of the Drivers who started in Australia to be replaced
1st Jenson Button: Only 2 points all season coming at Germany. Being outqualified by Alonso's Minardi was embarrasing.

3rd Pedro De la Rosa: Outclassed by Irvine and finished behind Yoong on countback. Oh Dear
2nd BAR: Took them till the chaos of Britain just to pick up points and only ahead of Minardi Arrows and Toyota in the WCC
1st Alex Yoong: 3 DNQ's and generally last on the grid. What more can we say?

3rd Jordan: Sauber were lucky in Indy but at least they were good at times in the dry. Jordan however would have been 9th but with just 3 points without Brazil
2nd Bridgestone: Spat the dummy against Michelin which was the only reason Ferrari won both titles
1st Antonio Pizzonia: Fell into Webber's mind games and just couldn't deliver when it mattered

3rd Cristiano Da Matta: A Lucky Bastard because he needed the carnage of Monaco to escape a full profile on this site
2nd Mclaren: They shouldn't have been in their 1st half position in the first place
1st Giorgio Pantano: The Jordan was poor but Pantano was the DBTMOTY to the Bagman

3rd Ferrari: The Bare stats alone are enough to get them a place here. 0 wins and 7 podiums in a full field just says it all
2nd Takuma Sato: Even if Imolagate hadn't happened he still would have been trounced 43-5 in points by Bunsen. Japan summed his season up in a nutshell
1st Bridgestone: Their inability to produce a good Tire left was one of the most baffling falls from grace iv'e ever seen.

3rd Mclaren: Failed to win a race all season which even Honda managed to do (albeit thanks to rain)
2nd Williams Cosworth: Even the 70's and 80's Alfa Romeo's were more reliable than the FW28
1st Yuji Ide: Well off Sato and is probably the only driver apart from Perry McCarthy to lose his Superlicence

3rd Ralf Schumacher: How did he end up like this? Apart from Hungary he did nothing of note
2nd Honda: Well their fall from grace would have been even worse without China
1st Lewisteria: Hyped Hamilton to be a legend when he was only driving a good car. Would Jamie and Enoch hype up Mark Webber? Never

3rd Nelson Piquet Jnr: Would have been Lower than he was without the fluke in Germany. Singapore controversy didn't help
2nd David Coulthard: Like Piquet a fluke podium made his season look better than it was. Really he was slaughtered by Webber
1st Jenson Button: Way off the pace and Spain aside there was a snowflake's chance in hell that he would score points

3rd Kazuki Nakajima: Only full time driver to not score a point while Rosberg scored 34.5 and finished 7th overall
2nd Heikki Kovalainen: Europe aside he was never in the hunt for a podium
1st Nelson Piquet Jnr: Bahrain was the only remotely respectable performance he had all season and his quest for revenge tarnished the Piquet name

3rd Tonio Liuzzi: Had Many Q1 knockouts and Bahrain Australia Canada and Korea aside he hardly set the world on fire
2nd Lucas Di Grassi: Destroyed by Glock all season and was beaten by HRT's at times as well
1st Bruno Senna: Slowest of the HRT drivers. Singapore and Korea showed that. Being beaten by Sakon Yamamoto does you no favors

3rd Lewis Hamilton: Monaco alone gets him on here. Poor race and childish interview summed his season up. Plus he was stuck to Massa like glue.
2nd Felipe Massa: Even Michael Schumacher had a better result than him and Nico Rosberg should have done in China. Outscored 257-118 by Alonso
1st Williams: If 2011 was my first F1 season I would have thought Williams would have been Backmarkers for a while

3rd Paul Di Resta: Singapore aside he was hopeless. Thrashed by The Hulk once he was overlooked and Brazil summed it up in a nutshell
2nd Bruno Senna: Like Di Resta he was crap while Maldonado could have had 5 podiums to his name had he kept his head
1st Mclaren: Demonstrated 2 things: Points don't come on Saturday and how NOT to challenge for the Title
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote: Would Jamie and Enoch hype up Mark Webber? Never

You've clearly never listened to any of the podcasts then :lol:
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:

Has it been on the levels of Lewisteria?. Reading the Grand Prix Review of Brazil 2007 they said supporting Webber was a masochistic endeavour when they awarded ROTR to the ITV commentary Team
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:

Has it been on the levels of Lewisteria?. Reading the Grand Prix Review of Brazil 2007 they said supporting Webber was a masochistic endeavour when they awarded ROTR to the ITV commentary Team

...you should go listen to them.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
1993DonningtonNo1

Post by 1993DonningtonNo1 »

If the rules can be bent and years that were covered can be included then here I go.

2013: Already said Caterham 3rd, Maldonado 2nd, McLaren 1st.
2012: Already said Mclaren 3rd, Caterham 2nd, Mercedes 1st.
2011: Already said Renault 3rd, Maldonado 2nd, Williams 1st but in retrospect I would count the first two as one so Renault moves up to 2nd and in 3rd Place, the Lewis vs Massa saga since they were either colliding with each other or other drivers.

2010:
3rd Place - The New Teams, not that that much was expected from them but the trials and tribulations of HRT and Virgin for that monumental cock-up of designing a car with an under-sized fuel-tank and Lotus for the needless row with group Lotus of what to call themselves? What more can I say?
2nd Place - The Returnees, Michael Schumacher, PDLR and to a lesser extent Christian Klien but he has an excuse as he was at HRT all underwhelmed and even 'Quick Nick' was made to look ordinary when he took over from PDLR.
1st Place - Vitantonio Liuzzi, I agree with F1 Rejects on this occasion because this was his chance to re-establish himself and he failed miserably.