The "You're Winner!" Gaming Thread

The place for alternate championships that use real results as a base of forming alternative results, driver careers, and games in general
DOSBoot

Re: The "You're Winner!" Gaming Thread

Post by DOSBoot »

Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Dammit, looks like I'll be buying an X1, despite my earlier gripes. Lousy Turn 10 and their awesome games.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Did Formula One just Le Mans?

On another note, I've read that you only get 200 cars and no Nürburgring, which is DLC. That's fairly disappointing...
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

tommykl wrote:

Did Formula One just Le Mans?

On another note, I've read that you only get 200 cars and no Nürburgring, which is DLC. That's fairly disappointing...

I haven't heard that one yet. If it is, then make sure it's the 24hr version that used both the old, and new circuits. (Which has yet to appear in the Forza series.) As for the car list, I'd rather have a less amount with good cars, rather than have several that are pretty much the same exact cars. This is what separated GT from Forza to me. Whilst GT had a large amount of cars, most of them were Japanese, and were usually different versions of the same exact model. Whereas Forza took every good car that GT had, and added better ones as well.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Because I have over two months to kill until Uni starts next February, I decided to be mainstream and get myself Minecraft. Now, I already know of a few people that play it via the chat and the forum, but I'd like to know how many users already have dedicated servers up and running, so Mad Uncle Wizzie can go around and wreck havoc in them :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
umatbru [aka nonameyet]

Post by umatbru [aka nonameyet] »

No love for kingdom hearts? O13 is worth mentioning.

1. Image

2. Hey Square Enix, Undertaker wants his druids back.
Image Image
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

Any of y'all Americans got or played on a PS4 yet?
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

madmark1974 wrote:Any of y'all Americans got or played on a PS4 yet?

Have you? If so then you're a lucky bastard
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

I'm NOT a lucky bastard then ... I'm not going to be getting one for the UK launch, there's not really anything that screams "BUY ME!" coming out yet, plus as a parent Christmas is expensive enough as it is, without spending
on myself! Hopefully in about 6 months time I'll be thinking about it a bit more seriously.

I was just wondering if anyone on here had entered "The next generation" yet ...
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

madmark1974 wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

I'm NOT a lucky bastard then ... I'm not going to be getting one for the UK launch, there's not really anything that screams "BUY ME!" coming out yet, plus as a parent Christmas is expensive enough as it is, without spending
on myself! Hopefully in about 6 months time I'll be thinking about it a bit more seriously.

I was just wondering if anyone on here had entered "The next generation" yet ...

I want to at some point but I'm looking at getting GT6 first
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
madmark1974 wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Have you? If so then you're a lucky bastard

I want to at some point but I'm looking at getting GT6 first

I'm looking at getting a PS3 first so i can get about 33% into GT5, Then I will get GT6.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

madmark1974 wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

I have. My PC's been at least on par with the PS4 and outmuscling the Xbone for some months now I believe. :P
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

roblomas52 wrote:I'm looking at getting a PS3 first so i can get about 33% into GT5, Then I will get GT6.

You mean to tell me that you're getting a PS3 some 7 years after it came out?
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:I'm looking at getting a PS3 first so i can get about 33% into GT5, Then I will get GT6.

Yes, and it's thanks to GT6... and a ruined 4 & 1/2 year old Xbox 360.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Visconti

Post by Visconti »

Will GT6 be arriving for the PS4 at all? Can't find anything on it, and that's the determining factor on whether I buy one or not .
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Visconti wrote:Will GT6 be arriving for the PS4 at all? Can't find anything on it, and that's the determining factor on whether I buy one or not .

No it won't mate.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

That's not too surprising. I got a PS3 for my birthday in August.

1) The PS4 is yet to come out
2) It is cheaper to buy as it has been reproduced for so long
3) I'll be able to play GT6
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

After much thought, my dad finally budged in and decide to pre-order GT6 for me tomorrow through Gamestop, because I want the extra 25 special cars! And yes, he plays it on occasion despite him being over 50 years old. He's pretty good at it as well! But the sucky thing is that he insists on using all of the driving aids because he can't drive without them! :lol:
Now posted to PMMF . . . F1 management 2011!

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Wizzie wrote:Because I have over two months to kill until Uni starts next February, I decided to be mainstream and get myself Minecraft. Now, I already know of a few people that play it via the chat and the forum, but I'd like to know how many users already have dedicated servers up and running, so Mad Uncle Wizzie can go around and wreck havoc in them :P

So, you think you can put it down after two months, then?

Think again, me old mucker. You've just dropped however many Aussie dollars it is on the electronic equivalent of crack cocaine. Failure at your finals is now the only option. As for servers, I've never one been able to get on Badoer's Backyard, and I have no idea if Nuppiz still runs it.

Now, if you'll excuse me for a minute, I have a mushroom machine to build before I torture myself with the cricket again.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

dinizintheoven wrote:So, you think you can put it down after two months, then?

Think again, me old mucker. You've just dropped however many Aussie dollars it is on the electronic equivalent of crack cocaine. Failure at your finals is now the only option. As for servers, I've never one been able to get on Badoer's Backyard, and I have no idea if Nuppiz still runs it.

Now, if you'll excuse me for a minute, I have a mushroom machine to build before I torture myself with the cricket again.

My interest in Minecraft dropped sharply not long after I announced Badoer's Backyard (nothing special, I often play games intensively before suddenly abandoning them, only to resume playing after a few months' break) so it hasn't been running in quite a while. Though I can start it up again if there's substantial amount of interest in it.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

My interest, on the other hand, has yet to drop even slightly after a year and a half. There have been times I've put it down for long periods - three months at one stage, after I was waiting for the next update plus there were things to do in the summer that involved leaving the house - but it's always there for me.

What I've done now is discovered a Mesa biome - i.e. a dry, clay canyon - which looks like a fine place to build a village from scratch. And as it's based on scenery from the American desert states, I need an all-American reject (or almost-reject) to name the village after. The seven I have so far are: Fort Law and McGregor (should be obvious where they came from), Wilson House (a high-rise block of flats named after a very tall Minardi driver), Perry Grove (he drove - sort of - for Andrea Moda), El Sakkaf (after an obscure Egyptian F3 driver from 1991...), Arnouxville (and all I can say to that is...) and Jarier's Beach Huts (JPJ being included for much the same reasons as the other Frenchie).

And no, it won't be named after Don Pentecost. Or Michael Andretti for that matter - the Andretti name wasn't exactly linked with rejectivity when Mario was around.

Let's see... Scott Speed? Danny Ongais? (Too Hawaiian, I'd say - that's a name for a village built on several islands...) Tom Jones? (I can see a slight problem there...) Or maybe let's not look at F1 at all and opt for a Dennis Vitolo instead, or one of the legendary backmarkers of Indy?

Failing that, I might end up calling it Sky Valley instead.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

...and the winner of the most rejectful game of the year goes to... Ashes Cricket 2013!
This is a cool spot.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

MinardiFan95 wrote:...and the winner of the most rejectful game of the year goes to... Ashes Cricket 2013!

Quick! Get the few people who bought the game and tell then to spread it around the world! (Might as well, it's no longer on sale)

:lol:
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Here in Tucson, GT6 is coming in less than 24 hours. But on GtPlanet's forum, people are confirming that EVERYONE must start out with the 2010 Honda Fit as their first car.

When I told my dad this news, because he plays it too, he was like, "Oh, I wonder how much PD paid Honda to do this?"

Honestly, I absolutely dislike this move by them. If that's true, it would be the first time in a proper GT game, (PSP version does not count because it doesn't have a proper career mode!) when I had to start with a FF car.

FYI, This decision brings new meaning to "one size FIT all!"

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

KL-racer wrote:Here in Tucson, GT6 is coming in less than 24 hours. But on GtPlanet's forum, people are confirming that EVERYONE must start out with the 2010 Honda Fit as their first car.

When I told my dad this news, because he plays it too, he was like, "Oh, I wonder how much PD paid Honda to do this?"

Honestly, I absolutely dislike this move by them. If that's true, it would be the first time in a proper GT game, (PSP version does not count because it doesn't have a proper career mode!) when I had to start with a FF car.

FYI, This decision brings new meaning to "one size FIT all!"

I really want the game for christmas this year and I can understand why the Fit RS is that car but only from a N00Bs perspective. Most GT6 players won't be N00Bs though which is where I think the probleem lies IMO.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

roblomas52 wrote:I really want the game for christmas this year and I can understand why the Fit RS is that car but only from a N00Bs perspective. Most GT6 players won't be N00Bs though which is where I think the probleem lies IMO.

Agreed with you 100%! I am not a N00B at GT, I been playing it since the first one came out and my dad has played it since the second one came out. So, both of us are seasoned vets at this GT mode deal. And my dad never really liked setting up fully tuned Front drive cars to begin with, it just doesn't suit his style of play!

AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Early signs are showing that GT6 is a lot more noob friendly than its predecessors, but I actually don't mind all that much because it doesn't take long to get past that. It seems like prize money is much larger in GT6, so I only did like 2 races in the Honda then bought an old Mini Cooper, which I've tuned to ridiculous levels now ;)

The one main gripe I used to have about the GT series was that it was difficult to find a car for each race that would give a challenge but still be capable of winning, but I've worked out that if I keep to about 75-100 below the max PP of any one race the balance seems to be about right.

So yeah, I'm quite enjoying GT6, even though I didn't want to buy it and didn't really want to like it. (I saw it on the shelf on launch day and couldn't resist)
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

For me, there is one question for which the answer will affect whether or not I go out and buy a PS3 and GT6.............................
Does the game still include the car wash?
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

OMG!
Last night, i had a dream.....that my PS3(which is death since 6 months) is working again! In this dream i was playing GT5 and everything was so real(despite the X-Box controller :lol: )

Now i came home and i thought, hey maybe the PS3 isn't dead.....and i switched it on....and BÄM!!!!!!!!!
MY PS3 is working again!!!!! :D :D :D :D
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Hermann95 wrote:OMG!
Last night, i had a dream.....that my PS3(which is death since 6 months) is working again! In this dream i was playing GT5 and everything was so real(despite the X-Box controller :lol: )

Now i came home and i thought, hey maybe the PS3 isn't dead.....and i switched it on....and BÄM!!!!!!!!!

Now that is one heck of a dream :lol:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

umatbru [aka nonameyet]

Post by umatbru [aka nonameyet] »

roblomas52 wrote:
Hermann95 wrote:OMG!

Now that is one heck of a dream :lol:

Should I mention the dreamcast because it involves video games and dreams?
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

AustralianStig wrote:Early signs are showing that GT6 is a lot more noob friendly than its predecessors, but I actually don't mind all that much because it doesn't take long to get past that. It seems like prize money is much larger in GT6, so I only did like 2 races in the Honda then bought an old Mini Cooper, which I've tuned to ridiculous levels now ;)

The one main gripe I used to have about the GT series was that it was difficult to find a car for each race that would give a challenge but still be capable of winning, but I've worked out that if I keep to about 75-100 below the max PP of any one race the balance seems to be about right.

So yeah, I'm quite enjoying GT6, even though I didn't want to buy it and didn't really want to like it. (I saw it on the shelf on launch day and couldn't resist)

I was also quite shocked about how much better GT6 was in terms of progress through career mode, than in GT5. Since I preordered through GameStop here in the states, I was quite lucky to start with the 25 special cars right from the beginning! The only other cars that I bought besides the Honda Fit, was a 1997 Toyota Supra RZ, and I didn't realize that the mission races give prize cars for all gold until after this purchase and a Go-kart 100. In terms of AI difficulty, some of the races were quite a challenge at first, yes I'm talking to you Historic racing car race, and Polyphony digital series. Also, I didn't want to buy too many extra cars anyway until I absolutely need to purchase a car for a specific event. Among the 25 pre-order cars that I received, the most used ones happened to be the 1966 GT40 Mark 1, and the Toyota 86. FYI, I'm 2/3 of the way done with International B events and I completely finished out the Good Wood festival of speed with all gold medals. A little warning about the final one, the X2010 prototype is a handful indeed!

AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

watka wrote:Does the game still include the car wash?

It sure does! But you don't get the spinning car like you used to get :(
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

I'm actually very interested in GT6. Hopefully a Christmas present. It looks promising to say the least. Interested in driving in particular, as I never liked career mode. But the fact you must start with the 2010 Honda Fit of all cars is disappointing. How much did Honda pay PD to do that, I wonder? But then again, you can't go wrong with Mount Panorama, and Silverstone. Very much looking forward to driving at both of those tracks. So, it looks good, and the hupe around the potential new course designer where you can actually pave your own course (in a few months hopefully) sound very good. I'll make sure that the tracks I create are long and twisty, or short and fast, or long and fast then, without being too restricted to anything... So, it looks like a lock, as it's seems much better than GT5 just hearing about it. I've seen videos, though, and the AI still look like a nuisance. I could never get over the unexpected and untimely braking points and how slow the AI were, and I hated arcade mode because it was too easy to pull away and not be challenged. But, those seem to be the only lows except car sounds, and PD promise to make them better in a patch a few months from now, not that I pay attention anyway. So, I'm really looking forward to it! :)
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

I have to say I'm quite pleased with GT6. They fixed quite a bit that sucked in GT5. All the cars can be purchased right from the start, no stupid random used car lot. More body mods than before, no more standard/premium car bs, no AWFUL xp levels system, and you actually make money when you win. I love of off the off the wall cars they added, like Leno's Toranado. The night racing is glorious. There's tons of real tracks too, and ones you want to race at, like Spa, Monza, etc.

What still sucks? The sound is still terrible, you have to start with a bathplugging HONDA FIT, still no livery editor, you have to start with a bathplugging HONDA FIT, no engine swaps, you have to start with a bathplugging HONDA FIT, you can't put American Racing's Torque-Thrusts on a Mustang, you have to start with a bathplugging HONDA FIT, Paint chip system is still there and still stupid, what else? Did I mention your starting car?

On a more serious note, it bugs me the license tests have to "unlock". My usual party trick in all other GT games was to get a Super License before even doing a race, now you can't. Minor point, but one I don't like. Still, this game is already (I only just unlocked the IB license) about 198,376,234,564,999,456 times better than GT5. If you have a PS3 GO BUY NOW!
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Wallio wrote:I have to say I'm quite pleased with GT6. They fixed quite a bit that sucked in GT5. All the cars can be purchased right from the start, no stupid random used car lot. More body mods than before, no more standard/premium car bs, no AWFUL xp levels system, and you actually make money when you win. I love of off the off the wall cars they added, like Leno's Toranado. The night racing is glorious. There's tons of real tracks too, and ones you want to race at, like Spa, Monza, etc.

What still sucks? The sound is still terrible, you have to start with a bathplugging HONDA FIT, still no livery editor, you have to start with a bathplugging HONDA FIT, no engine swaps, you have to start with a bathplugging HONDA FIT, you can't put American Racing's Torque-Thrusts on a Mustang, you have to start with a bathplugging HONDA FIT, Paint chip system is still there and still stupid, what else? Did I mention your starting car?

On a more serious note, it bugs me the license tests have to "unlock". My usual party trick in all other GT games was to get a Super License before even doing a race, now you can't. Minor point, but one I don't like. Still, this game is already (I only just unlocked the IB license) about 198,376,234,564,999,456 times better than GT5. If you have a PS3 GO BUY NOW!

Glad to know GT6 is a great game. That's another game on my "PS3 when I have the time and money" bucket list. Add F1 2010/11/12/13, Maybe F1CE, and perhaps MLB The Show, maybe a Call of Duty, and some others that I've probably forgotten :lol:
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Wallio wrote:I have to say I'm quite pleased with GT6. They fixed quite a bit that sucked in GT5. All the cars can be purchased right from the start, no stupid random used car lot. More body mods than before, no more standard/premium car bs, no AWFUL xp levels system, and you actually make money when you win. I love of off the off the wall cars they added, like Leno's Toranado. The night racing is glorious. There's tons of real tracks too, and ones you want to race at, like Spa, Monza, etc.

This pretty much sums it up! I also with you, I hated the XP/level system in GT5 so much that my dad and I got sick and tired of doing the same five sets of races offline because we have a sucky internet connection and it's capped at 14GB combined per month! In terms of used cars, I am liking the fact that they removed it, makes finding the cars that you need a whole lot easier! In terms of the Honda fit, yeah I feel you, I only used it for the Sunday Cup and that's it for that piece of rubbish! I just unlocked the IA license last night!

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

KL-racer wrote:This pretty much sums it up! I also with you, I hated the XP/level system in GT5 so much that my dad and I got sick and tired of doing the same five sets of races offline because we have a sucky internet connection and it's capped at 14GB combined per month! In terms of used cars, I am liking the fact that they removed it, makes finding the cars that you need a whole lot easier! In terms of the Honda fit, yeah I feel you, I only used it for the Sunday Cup and that's it for that piece of rubbish! I just unlocked the IA license last night!

The Honda Fit is good for city driving, which Gran Turismo should not be for city driving.

One thing I didn't like about GT5, and GT6 looks to be the same way, is that on a circuit where it is easy to cut a chicane, the developers put a wall cutting off the runoff area. It's totally pointless at Suzuka, as the old final chicane at Suzuka doesn't provide an advantage over the new one in terms of speed (it's about 2 seconds slower or more) and at Monza, I don't see the point about the walls there, as they should just implement a penalty system for cutting chicanes like that. I'm not sure if Monza is in the game as I haven't found any gameplay videos there, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Plus, I'm still interested for the game, as my own damn expectations are a bit picky, so the negeatives I've pointed out probably don't count for much :P
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

go_Rubens wrote:
KL-racer wrote:This pretty much sums it up! I also with you, I hated the XP/level system in GT5 so much that my dad and I got sick and tired of doing the same five sets of races offline because we have a sucky internet connection and it's capped at 14GB combined per month! In terms of used cars, I am liking the fact that they removed it, makes finding the cars that you need a whole lot easier! In terms of the Honda fit, yeah I feel you, I only used it for the Sunday Cup and that's it for that piece of rubbish! I just unlocked the IA license last night!

The Honda Fit is good for city driving, which Gran Turismo should not be for city driving.

One thing I didn't like about GT5, and GT6 looks to be the same way, is that on a circuit where it is easy to cut a chicane, the developers put a wall cutting off the runoff area. It's totally pointless at Suzuka, as the old final chicane at Suzuka doesn't provide an advantage over the new one in terms of speed (it's about 2 seconds slower or more) and at Monza, I don't see the point about the walls there, as they should just implement a penalty system for cutting chicanes like that. I'm not sure if Monza is in the game as I haven't found any gameplay videos there, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Plus, I'm still interested for the game, as my own damn expectations are a bit picky, so the negeatives I've pointed out probably don't count for much :P

To answer your question about Monza in GT6, yes these walls at the first and second chicane run off areas are still there and there are still no corning cutting penalties if you do it offline! Online 5 second penalties could still exist but I haven't done any online racing or seasonal events yet in GT6, because I spent 1 GB of my data usage on the 1.01 update! And by the way, I started on the IA-class events, and these races have 16 car grids! One more reason for these people on here that are undecided to get this game!

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

KL-racer wrote:To answer your question about Monza in GT6, yes these walls at the first and second chicane run off areas are still there and there are still no corning cutting penalties if you do it offline! Online 5 second penalties could still exist but I haven't done any online racing or seasonal events yet in GT6, because I spent 1 GB of my data usage on the 1.01 update!

Well, that is kinda... not good on my part. I guess it's a good way to noob-proof the tracks though. Offline penalties in career mode should be there in my opinion, as it would punish drivers for being idiots, and reward drivers with being clean drivers. As for online penalties, I suppose I'll experience them in seasonal events, as that's the only thing I'm allowed to do online on GT5 (my parents forbade me from racing online due to fear of hackers), which I'll like so I know to drive cleaner.

And by the way, I started on the IA-class events, and these races have 16 car grids! One more reason for these people on here that are undecided to get this game!

One issue I had with GT5 was the fact that in career mode you could only have 12 car grids. I wanted to see more on a grid so that there's more challenge added to the racing spec of GT5. At least they're in the license tests. I like that.

I remember that my last days of playing GT5 was just doing things in arcade mode, usually racing prototypes at Le Mans or other circuits. I hope GT6 doesn't turn out the same way.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool