The "You're Winner!" Gaming Thread

The place for alternate championships that use real results as a base of forming alternative results, driver careers, and games in general
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The "You're Winner!" Gaming Thread

Post by Nuppiz »

roblomas52 wrote:Edit: On the 1991 mod, I developed Active Suspension and aparently, it's ilegal. Does anybody know why?

Most of the historical mods don't have accurate technical rules because we quite simply didn't know how to edit them until Backmarker discovered the inner workings of the config files, and by then quite a few mods had already been released and have never been updated after that. I'm in the progress of updating all of my mods (FYI 1991 is not one of them), but it's taking a very long time because I currently have absolutely zero motivation for GPM2.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Earlier today, I decided to give Victory: The Age of Racing a go after almost a year on the sidelines, and I managed to remind myself just how much fun it is. Because pretty much everything is online in the game, I was wondering if anyone else had it, so I know who to look out for when I feel like beating people up online :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Wow that looks awesome, I'm definitely adding that to my list of games to play, but sadly, it's below GT6 (which I'm about 2/3 of the way through) and F1 2013 (which I haven't even bought yet), so I think it'll be a while before I'm ready...
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
umatbru [aka nonameyet]

Post by umatbru [aka nonameyet] »

Wizzie wrote:Earlier today, I decided to give Victory: The Age of Racing a go after almost a year on the sidelines, and I managed to remind myself just how much fun it is. Because pretty much everything is online in the game, I was wondering if anyone else had it, so I know who to look out for when I feel like beating people up online :P

there aren't enough race zones.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Sorry to be a pain in the arse but does anyone know the name of the config file for the rejects mod on gpm2?

Thanks
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

umatbru [aka nonameyet] wrote:
Wizzie wrote:Earlier today, I decided to give Victory: The Age of Racing a go after almost a year on the sidelines, and I managed to remind myself just how much fun it is. Because pretty much everything is online in the game, I was wondering if anyone else had it, so I know who to look out for when I feel like beating people up online :P

What do you mean with race zones? :?
roblomas52 wrote:Sorry to be a pain in the arse but does anyone know the name of the config file for the rejects mod on gpm2?

Thanks

Look for a GCF file (IIRC) that isn't named Defaults (or is it Default?). ;)
Also btw Rob, do you play BATracer? Care to join my game? (Road class preferred)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
umatbru [aka nonameyet]

FMecha wrote:

What do you mean with race zones? :?

Theres only 3 zones (fort fast, antartika one and rock island). either we need more zones or a track editor.
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

I played it and it's fun, but after very short time i had no motivation to keep playing it....
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

While I enjoyed GT6, my buddy brought over a cop (secondhand) of Need for Speed Shift 2. While 3 years old, we had never played it, and it was so good I went out the next day and bought a copy. Great tuning specs, livery editor, fun car choices, Official FIA GT1 cars, drag racing, and best of all the "Legends Pack" lets you run the 1960s version of Monza, 1970s version of Djion and Silverstone (so fast!) and the 1982 turbo nirvana that is the Hockenheim ring!
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Wallio wrote:While I enjoyed GT6, my buddy brought over a cop (secondhand) of Need for Speed Shift 2. While 3 years old, we had never played it, and it was so good I went out the next day and bought a copy. Great tuning specs, livery editor, fun car choices, Official FIA GT1 cars, drag racing, and best of all the "Legends Pack" lets you run the 1960s version of Monza, 1970s version of Djion and Silverstone (so fast!) and the 1982 turbo nirvana that is the Hockenheim ring!

Damn I need to get Shift 2 again soon because that game was such fun. Thundering through the first few corners at Rouen before totaling the car at Six Ferres was such fun :lol:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

umatbru [aka nonameyet]

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Anyone still scared of this

That's the sound of Dreamcasts dyin right there. (3do's and Atari's too). And yes, that error screen is scary (In fact I think the PS2 itself is scary).

Also shall we talk Internet shows about gaming, like Zero punctuation (which brought us the concept of THE GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE), Game sack (starring joe redifer and dave white) and you-know-who
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Okay, here's another edition of Buy, sell and sleeper for GT6

BUY:

McLaren F1: I was quite shocked about how awesome this car is around the Ascari track. Yes, it's 20 years old, but it still has that capability to be near-perfect.

Lamborghini Nomad Diablo: Yes, that's right the JGTC-spec diablo made into the buy list. It's not only reasonably cheap at 750,000 Cr, but it also just continues to surprise people like me with it's smooth handling.

Mazda Furai: Man, this thing is really easy on Racing Hard tires and gas at Apricot Hill 20-minute endurance. I had to pit for gas and tires 3 1/2 minutes from the end of the race. Not to mention, this thing is as light as a Lotus Elise, and it has the 500HP rotary engine. Too bad about still being a standard model, though.

Sell:

Cizeta V16T: I was expecting it to hang with the supercars at Ascari, but it eats up the rears way too quick even on Sports Hard tires, and it suffers from too much oversteer even with the all of the driving aids ON. Might make for a very expensive drifting car!

Corvette C2 Coupe: Now this thing looks beautiful, espically with the 15th ann. livery, but it still drives like crap fully tuned and even in it's factory spec, the 3 speed transmission is crap!

Gt By Citroen Road Car: This thing looks great, but it drives kind of odd and eats up the rears on Ascari too quick. In addition, the fuel economy of this engine fully tuned is also a letdown! Maybe the 7-speed sequential shifting transmission is the problem?

Sleeper:

Jaguar XKR-S: I wasn't expecting this car to be this good, it's easy to drive on Ascari, and it can last 5 laps on Sports Softs.

BMW M3 GT2: Yes, it has sleeper potential thanks to the 800HP engine fully tuned. And it's weight might seem a little excessive, but somehow it handles like it's 200KG lighter.

Audi R8 LMS: Yes, it used to be in the Sell category in the first edition of Buy sell sleeper, but since last update, It really has improved enough that it's now off the sell list and into the sleeper list. Guess I finally figured out the Camber and toe settings on this thing and that alone was the reason why it's on the sleeper list now!
Now posted to PMMF . . . F1 management 2011!

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

On GT6 I got a AI player called L Lombardi driving a Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus 2000 on Motegi East. Came in last place though
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:On GT6 I got a AI player called L Lombardi driving a Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus 2000 on Motegi East. Came in last place though

Not F1 related but in one of my early races I came across someone with the name of V. Jones...
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:On GT6 I got a AI player called L Lombardi driving a Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus 2000 on Motegi East. Came in last place though

I remember in GT5 that I came across a lot of names of F1 drivers. Like, in a fun arcade race at Monza (the AI tries to run the kerbs and karts fly everywhere and crash everywhere except for the smart), I came across a blue kart with the driver as M Schumacher, and also came across V Petrov, P Maldonado, J Button, K Kobayashi, T Sato, and I think K Takahashi (of reject fame). There were probably more, which makes me wonder how Polyphony determine the names of the drivers. Is it a randomizer or do they take names of real people? Or is it something else?
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
umatbru [aka nonameyet]

go_Rubens wrote:

I remember in GT5 that I came across a lot of names of F1 drivers. Like, in a fun arcade race at Monza (the AI tries to run the kerbs and karts fly everywhere and crash everywhere except for the smart), I came across a blue kart with the driver as M Schumacher, and also came across V Petrov, P Maldonado, J Button, K Kobayashi, T Sato, and I think K Takahashi (of reject fame). There were probably more, which makes me wonder how Polyphony determine the names of the drivers. Is it a randomizer or do they take names of real people? Or is it something else?

In Forza one driver was called S Johannson
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I came across a U. Katayama the other day...I loaded up Snapchat to take a photo, but then realised all my contacts wouldn't give a shite.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

In this one kart race, I came across both G Berger and A Prost at once.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

In GT5 i saw J.Todt during a race. You can also find other famous people there: T.Henry, S.Gerard, F.Lampard and N.Bendtner :lol:
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

go_Rubens wrote:

In Forza one driver was called S Johannson

I recall an "M. Webber" being there as well. 8-)
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

In GT5, I also recalled getting a b-spec driver named N. Hattori. :lol:

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Has anyone had trouble downloading update 1.03 on GT6? I ask because my ps3 keeps restarting when I try to update.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

DOSBoot wrote:I recall an "M. Webber" being there as well. 8-)

I thought it was M. Weber.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

roblomas52 wrote:Has anyone had trouble downloading update 1.03 on GT6? I ask because my ps3 keeps restarting when I try to update.

Not me! I already got it installed and did the two new seasonal events. FYI, I have a 80GB non-slim model.

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

good_Ralf wrote:
DOSBoot wrote:I recall an "M. Webber" being there as well. 8-)

I thought it was M. Weber.

Well, if Polyphony put in both, they should have cut one out, because only M Webber is the logical choice ;)
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Hey guys, yesterday i found a very cool game called Cars Incorporated. It is basically a car company tycoon game and is a very ambicious one man project.
There is a free demo where you can play the current alpha built v0.31 from 1900-1905.
If someone is interested: http://www.cars-inc-game.com/index.php/en/

I really liked the demo so i'll buy it... :D
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Hermann95 wrote:Hey guys, yesterday i found a very cool game called Cars Incorporated. It is basically a car company tycoon game and is a very ambicious one man project.
There is a free demo where you can play the current alpha built v0.31 from 1900-1905.

Another one? So there's Automation, Gear City, and now this?
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Wallio wrote:
Hermann95 wrote:Hey guys, yesterday i found a very cool game called Cars Incorporated. It is basically a car company tycoon game and is a very ambicious one man project.

Another one? So there's Automation, Gear City, and now this?

I already own Automation, but i don't know Gear City. Maybe i should have a look. :lol:
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Alright, guys. I need some advice for GT6.

I am puzzled as to which LMP car I want to get to complete higher racing series. So, I will list the LMPs I'm seeking:

Audi R18 TDI
Peugeot 908
Pescarolo C60 Hybride
Bentley EXP Speed 8
Sauber Mercedes C9
Mazda 787B

Since I can't access the online features like seasonal events yet, I can't (possibly?) get one of these or all of these cars. So out of those 6 cars, which one is the best overall and which one should I chase after?
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

go_Rubens wrote:Alright, guys. I need some advice for GT6.

I am puzzled as to which LMP car I want to get to complete higher racing series. So, I will list the LMPs I'm seeking:

Audi R18 TDI
Peugeot 908
Pescarolo C60 Hybride
Bentley EXP Speed 8
Sauber Mercedes C9
Mazda 787B

Since I can't access the online features like seasonal events yet, I can't (possibly?) get one of these or all of these cars. So out of those 6 cars, which one is the best overall and which one should I chase after?

The Peugeot with a high RPM Turbo is fast as bathplug and has phenomenal acceleration. My advice would be have the traction control on because it will wheelspin in 4th due to the torque :lol:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

roblomas52 wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:Alright, guys. I need some advice for GT6.

Audi R18 TDI
Peugeot 908
Pescarolo C60 Hybride
Bentley EXP Speed 8
Sauber Mercedes C9
Mazda 787B

The Peugeot with a high RPM Turbo is fast as bathplug and has phenomenal acceleration. My advice would be have the traction control on because it will wheelspin in 4th due to the torque :lol:

That's very nice to know :lol:

Although I'm one who would like a car that handles well for me to drive on the very limit and beyond. For me, it's about handling and power in one confined package. Although I'd also like to only spend as much money as I really need to and be able to use that one car in a variety of races without having to use limited power. I'm going for the fun, but practical method here.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

I managed to get a half decent Internet connection into my PS3, so I managed to get 4 of the cars I was looking at with the updated prices. With inspiration from KL-racer, here's my Buy, Sell, Sleeper list!

BUY:

Bentley EXP Speed 8 - Very easy to drive along with a lot of speed. I used the power limiter on lower races with it and the performance was still fantastic! I could drive it with no aids easily! And, surprise surprise, it was my favorite car from GT5, and is my favorite car now!

Ferrari 458 Italia - This thing rocks. It easily dominated the Ascari 10 Lap Challenge in the Super Liscence events and as far as I'm concerned, it's my favorite road car in the game!

McLaren F1 - For reasons KL-racer explained above.

SELL:

Pescarolo C60 Hybride - This car was a letdown. It was cheap for its PP rating, but that apparently meant crap handling, wheelspin in 3rd gear with TC at 5, and way too unstable under braking. You touched the grass once in a turn, and the car just snapped from your control like Skid Recovery Force and ASM were both off, even though they were on! I wound up selling it, a pathetic excuse of a Le Mans podium finisher.

Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray - This car is actually decent. But for a Vette, it underperformed in my eyes. There are 7 gears, but in stock settings, you could only use 5 gears on the Nürburgring because of a lack of power. Plus, on some tracks the car flat out sucked to drive, like the Nürburgring.

SRT Vioer GTS - Well, when I first drive it on the Nürburgring, it felt awesome. But then I had to consider that KL-racer said on the previous page, and then it was obvious. It was only really good on Route X, even if my hardcore racer and my Driving Force GT wheel got it within 2 seconds of the Ferrari 458 Italia on the Nürburgring stock!

SLEEPER:

Audi R18 TDI - In stock settings, this car went basically flat through e Porsche curves at Le Mans. But also, I couldn't get it above 285 km/h on the straights. It was a time consuming process to actually get the car to go fast in a straight line, and eventually, despite me wanting to keep it, I had to sell it for some more cash.

BMW E92 M3 - Very good on track, it did a 2:03 in stock mode on Bathurst, and an 8:30 on the Nürburgring 24h track. But it just lacked that little bit extra.

Peugeot 908 HDI FAP - Well, compared to the R18, it had what the R18 didn't have, straight line speed. But its handling could have been better. It's solid, but quite boring, which is why I also sold that.

So, out of 4 prototypes bought, 3 sold! Call me crazy as much as you'd like! ;)
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

go_Rubens wrote:

Crazy, sure. But light-weight seems more appropriate. Just the idea of Selling cars in a Forza or GT game seems absurd. The Pesca spins it's rear in third because it has 800 HORSEPOWER for a 900 kilo car. This is why you use manual gears even using the DS3, it gives you proper control over wheel-spin by short shifting

And also, neither you or KL-Racer are getting the full experience of any of the cars because you are using driver aids. You guys aren't telling the full story of any of the cars you've guys have posted about since the true natures of the cars are being masked by hand-holding devices. So I recommend putting on some big boy pants and learning how to drive these cars proper.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

RealRacingRoots wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:

Crazy, sure. But light-weight seems more appropriate. Just the idea of Selling cars in a Forza or GT game seems absurd. The Pesca spins it's rear in third because it has 800 HORSEPOWER for a 900 kilo car. This is why you use manual gears even using the DS3, it gives you proper control over wheel-spin by short shifting

And also, neither you or KL-Racer are getting the full experience of any of the cars because you are using driver aids. You guys aren't telling the full story of any of the cars you've guys have posted about since the true natures of the cars are being masked by hand-holding devices. So I recommend putting on some big boy pants and learning how to drive these cars proper.

I, for one, like to drive cars similar to the settings they actually ran in real life. So, for example, I will always drive a prototype with TC, as in real life, that's what they use, to try and make it a bit more realistic. For historic cars, none of which I actually own from GT6, but GT5, I actually turned all aids off (yes, including ABS, which driving a car without ABS in GT5 as well as GT6 is more or less virtual suicide without any damage).

There are cars in GT6 that I will drive without aids like ASM and Skid recovery force, usually most if not all of them, but I test them with both those aids to see of the car is any good to begin with on the Nürburgring and Bathurst (I always try them out first and try to get used to the car, it works for me).

In the end, that's my take on driving in GT6, and that's the way I intend to and that is my style. I rank cars off my driving style. In the end, thr Pesca wasn't my style of aggressive and flamboyant, unlike the Bentley, to use an example.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

I have to admit that i don't have GT6, but when it comes to GT5 i have a experience.
When it comes to driver aids i have two different aproaches: DS3 and the Porsche Wheel(911 GT3 RS V2 with CSR Elite Pedals in particular)
When i drive with the DS3 i usually turn off every driving aid except ABS(set on 1, to active the brakes :lol: ) and TC(car depentend, usually as low as possible and controlable)
Driving with the Wheel is something completly different. I turn off every driving aid on every car. It's not allways easy and i might not be as consistend as with the DS3 with driving aids, but it is fun. Trying to master all does cars is huge fun gives me motivation to spend time on the different cars even if they are best examples for the sell category.
this is my aproach on driving, but everyone likes different things and has an different aproach. Btw. thank you(KL-Racer and go-rubens) for your Buy, Sell, Sleeper articles. I like them :)

With regards to GT6: has someone played it without all the patches(out of the box version)? Is good enough to buy it even without internet connection?
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Hermann95 wrote:With regards to GT6: has someone played it without all the patches(out of the box version)? Is good enough to buy it even without internet connection?

I found it quite good without the Internet until I managed to hook it up on Saturday, which I tried to sign in to PSN until the new router my family had installed last fall had its play as the settings were completely different :lol:

Although one thing that ticked me off was that even if it was good, and is miles better than GT5 in the first place, credits are still hard to come by. They are easier to come by now, but when getting the money to buy a prototype, I still didn't have enough money after doing the Ascari 10 Lap Challenge and Nürburgring 24 Minutes 10 times combined out of the 2. Which is why I decided to connect the Internet again, as I could get to Seasonal Events and the Sebastian Vettel Red Bull X Challenge, plus the free Vision GT cars (or car, only the Merc is out). Plus, for every race you do signed in to PSN, you wind up getting a boost in credits increasing by the day up until 200%. I was also pissed to find that in one of the updates, the Le Mans Prototypes' priced were more than halved from what they were. Only after this did I consider trying to beat the game, as without Internet, I wouldn't have been motivated enough to beat the game. And I've got stuff going on besides gaming anyway.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

Has anyone bought either of the Deltawings in GT6 yet? How are they?
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Man that Corvette C7 SEMA concept is a bad car to drive!

Is anyone having trouble with the X2014 standard challange?
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

madmark1974 wrote:Has anyone bought either of the Deltawings in GT6 yet? How are they?

I bought the 2013 Deltawing yesterday. It felt a little awkward at first. You definately don't want to take a corner too fast because the tyres won't be able to handle it and around you go because the narrow tyres won't be able to handle a correction. So, when you buy it, spend a few laps in Arcade Time Trial or in Test Drive to get used to he car, I 'd say go to Le Mans first. But when you get used to it, it's by far my second favorite car behind the Bentley EXP Speed 8. It would make my buy list just for the fun it provides. It'd probably be useful for a few racing series as well, but I haven't tried yet, as all the series I've run with it's PP rating I've cleared, so I'm just having fun now for the most part and car collecting.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool