2009 Season Review

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

2009 Season Review

Post by Kuwashima »

Just a quick one - our 2009 Season Review is now up! Enoch has done a great job (in my opinion) as site author on this and it's fitting that we put it up on his birthday! (Jan 2nd).

So please join me in wishing eytl a Happy Birthday, and join me in flaming him with your disagreements about the rankings awarded, opinions displayed, and analysis proffered in our 2009 Season Review!

http://www.f1rejects.com/centrale/2009/ ... index.html
fvanalst

Re: 2009 Season Review

Post by fvanalst »

Happy Birthday Enoch!!!
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Another excellent review of the year Enoch, happy birthday!*

*Breithlá shona duit.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I liked it. Very comprehensive and well written ;) although Piquet deserved a zero.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Concise and comprehensive, something hard to achieve. Thank you. I would argue, however, how much of an error KERS was, and what could have been done to make it work.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Great review, I enjoyed reading it, I knew Nelson Piquet Jr. was going to get ROTY. The rankings were also quite accurate as I agree with the ROTY podium, although I would have swapped Bourdais and Nakajima around. Can't wait for the 2010 season preview, keep up the good work. :mrgreen:
I like the way Snrub thinks!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Nice work and happy birthday Enoch! (Another year older, another year wiser!)

Well written and I agree with most of it, although I would have put Sutil higher up and Alonso lower down.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Waris

Post by Waris »

Happy birthday Enoch!

The two of you seem to have birthdays in close succession, which I think is interesting because it happens in my family a lot. XD
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

watka wrote:Nice work and happy birthday Enoch! (Another year older, another year wiser!)

And another year closer to that all important retirement! Happy birthday to our Senior Grand Prix Analyst.

I'd agree with the rankings. I would have put Kovalainen further down but as was written, he did drive decently in the early season to merit his ranking.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

Thank you very much for the season review. It was great to read.

Also, happy belated birthday to etyl and let's hope for many happy returns :D
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

A Belated Happy Birthday!

The season review is good. Certainly, there was nowhere where I was going "I disagree"
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
Waris

Post by Waris »

I don't think this post really fits here, but I didn't think it was important enough to merit a thread of its own. When thinking up statistics about the last decade that has just finished, it occurred to me that it's been the first and as of yet only decade without fatal accidents in F1. There were a couple near misses (Burti 2001, Massa 2009) which were horrible. Let's hope for another fatal accident-less decade.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Waris wrote:I don't think this post really fits here, but I didn't think it was important enough to merit a thread of its own. When thinking up statistics about the last decade that has just finished, it occurred to me that it's been the first and as of yet only decade without fatal accidents in F1. There were a couple near misses (Burti 2001, Massa 2009) which were horrible. Let's hope for another fatal accident-less decade.

We may have had drivers survive, I'm sure 2 or more marshalls have suffered the "law of averages", people who are just as important in an F1 race.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
FloProAct

Post by FloProAct »

The last fatality in Formula 1 was at the 2001 Australian GP. Hopefully it will stay this way for a long time to come.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

FloProAct wrote:The last fatality in Formula 1 was at the 2001 Australian GP. Hopefully it will stay this way for a long time to come.

Here here.

Though I'm sure people have died at F1 races since then, I can't imagine they haven't.

Someone has to have had a heart attack or something.

But obviously that's got nothing to do with the sport, would have happened anyway probably.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

shinji wrote:
FloProAct wrote:The last fatality in Formula 1 was at the 2001 Australian GP. Hopefully it will stay this way for a long time to come.

Here here.

Though I'm sure people have died at F1 races since then, I can't imagine they haven't.

Someone has to have had a heart attack or something.

But obviously that's got nothing to do with the sport, would have happened anyway probably.

Perhaps someone died of Trulli Train Indigestion...
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Will you all join me in celebrating the fact that F1 has become much more safe for drivers, marshals and public alike - and that these days it is very nearlt only possible to be bored to death. A great legacy of the Mosley time on the FIA, I'd reckon.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Tealy

Post by Tealy »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Will you all join me in celebrating the fact that F1 has become much more safe for drivers, marshals and public alike - and that these days it is very nearlt only possible to be bored to death. A great legacy of the Mosley time on the FIA, I'd reckon.

Absolutely! Just about the only good thing Mosley seemed to do in F1 was make it safer but it's very important that it is as safe as possible. Hopefully in time other categories of Motorsport will catch up to F1 levels of safety and we can enjoy a less life-threatening sport.