The Alessandro Zanardi IndyCar Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Onxy Wrecked

Re: The Alessandro Zanardi IndyCar Thread

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Aerospeed wrote:
Wallio wrote:In the "proof-God-exists" department, Danica has announced she's giving up on IndyCar. Too many glamour shoots I suppose. In a far less reported, but much more important, detail, Kurt Busch is "70% sure" he's doing the double this year. And with AA toboot!

Only 70%? Still, it'll be interesting how he fares in the Indy 500 :)

I don't know if we can predict Busch as anything more than starting around 10th to 25th and will either be Rookie of the Year or a first lap wreck.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:
Aerospeed wrote:
Wallio wrote:In the "proof-God-exists" department, Danica has announced she's giving up on IndyCar. Too many glamour shoots I suppose. In a far less reported, but much more important, detail, Kurt Busch is "70% sure" he's doing the double this year. And with AA toboot!

Only 70%? Still, it'll be interesting how he fares in the Indy 500 :)

I don't know if we can predict Busch as anything more than starting around 10th to 25th and will either be Rookie of the Year or a first lap wreck.

Still though, don't you want to see it? Ganassi has confirmed he too has reached out to Busch, and IICS says he'll only have to do the last part of the ROP again........Where's there's smoke.......
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Wallio wrote:Where's there's smoke.......

What, Tony Stewart as well!!?!

:mrgreen:
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Myrvold wrote:

Doubt Dallara can build a tub that big :P :P :P :P :P

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Wallio wrote:Doubt Dallara can build a tub that big

Then how is Montoya supposed to race this year?
-*:-
nome66

Post by nome66 »

Jocke1 wrote:
Wallio wrote:Doubt Dallara can build a tub that big

Then how is Montoya supposed to race this year?

they recycled mclaren's '95 tub that mansell used.
I believe in German BARawnda-Tyrrell-Simca(and it's working)

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Myrvold wrote:

If that happens... we might see a NASCAR invasion at Indy in the future for the 500.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Graham Rahal will have the sponsor on his car that for the length of the last few years has turned Panther Racing into a hospitality organisation with an associated race team. Panther has since been testing young Colombian Carlos Huertas who has won a race in Formula 3.5 starring Renault so far. He might thus become a pay driver for the #4 entry. A 2nd Team Rahal entry is still rumored, with Oriol Servia reportedly the first in line for that seat.
And Sebastian Saavedra is going to test the 2nd KV car soon.

Silly season is not over yet.

Let's hope this thread finally will turn over to the next page because all those photos of chocolate cars have long since gotten boring.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Yannick wrote:Let's hope this thread finally will turn over to the next page because all those photos of chocolate cars have long since gotten boring.

:shock: :o I can't believe that you think pictures of chocolate cars can be boring!!!

And they are already on the previous page, or hadn't you noticed yet? ;)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

dr-baker wrote:
Yannick wrote:Let's hope this thread finally will turn over to the next page because all those photos of chocolate cars have long since gotten boring.

:shock: :o I can't believe that you think pictures of chocolate cars can be boring!!!

I know what's boring and crappy - American-made chocolate - it's not chocolate for my (and European) standards!

What is exciting, is Venezuelan chocolate.

Venezuelan chocolate is chocolate that is only beaten by certain people in the world. In my mind, it's my favoritr, for its balance of cacao bean content (60%), and a mixture of other spices, which make it absolutely irresistable. Ever had a dark chocolate bar with chipotle, salt, and popping candy? Or one with cayenne peppers and salt? This is what Chuao provides you, for only the fair price of $4 a bar! For that price, it's a bargain on something awesome.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

go_Rubens wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

I know what's boring and crappy - American-made chocolate - it's not chocolate for my (and European) standards!

Venezuelan chocolate is chocolate that is only beaten by certain people in the world. In my mind, it's my favoritr, for its balance of cacao bean content (60%), and a mixture of other spices, which make it absolutely irresistable. Ever had a dark chocolate bar with chipotle, salt, and popping candy? Or one with cayenne peppers and salt? This is what Chuao provides you, for only the fair price of $4 a bar! For that price, it's a bargain on something awesome.

Of course, being European (well, British...), continental chocolate (i.e. from Belgium and Switzerland particularly) is a luxury product of high quality to be savoured and enjoyed. Cote d'Or is my favourite brand, although Toblerone ain't too bad either.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

dr-baker wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:
dr-baker wrote: :shock: :o I can't believe that you think pictures of chocolate cars can be boring!!!

Of course, being European (well, British...), continental chocolate (i.e. from Belgium and Switzerland particularly) is a luxury product of high quality to be savoured and enjoyed. Cote d'Or is my favourite brand, although Toblerone ain't too bad either.

As a belgian, i'm immune to chocolate.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:As a belgian, i'm immune to chocolate.

Yeah, maybe, but not to frites et mayo, or to waffles!!!
MCard LOLA
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

dr-baker wrote:
This wrote:As a belgian, i'm immune to chocolate.

Yeah, maybe, but not to frites et mayo, or to waffles!!!

I'm immune to non-American chocolates (ugh, crappy American crap) and, This, you'll like this, Belgian waffles! Belgian waffles are actually one of my favorite things to eat in the morning. Good with real maple syrup as well.

So, yeah, I like a lot of what Americans call "exotic." Heck, one of my favorite dishes is Singaporean!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Yannick wrote:Graham Rahal will have the sponsor on his car that for the length of the last few years has turned Panther Racing into a hospitality organisation with an associated race team. Panther has since been testing young Colombian Carlos Huertas who has won a race in Formula 3.5 starring Renault so far. He might thus become a pay driver for the #4 entry. A 2nd Team Rahal entry is still rumored, with Oriol Servia reportedly the first in line for that seat.
And Sebastian Saavedra is going to test the 2nd KV car soon.

Silly season is not over yet.

Let's hope this thread finally will turn over to the next page because all those photos of chocolate cars have long since gotten boring.

I almost expect that Graham Rahal will never really improve and Huertas would be an improvement.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

dr-baker wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:
dr-baker wrote: :shock: :o I can't believe that you think pictures of chocolate cars can be boring!!!

I think Thorntons Continental selection box is the best chocolate.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Dark77 wrote:Uh-oh

???

Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Sebastian 'two-fingers' Saavedra is back?

Here's hoping he gives Montoya the finger, he'll get eaten alive.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Will Power does this all the time. What's your point?

Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Wallio wrote:Will Power does this all the time. What's your point?

Power is a 3 time runner up of the series. Saveddra in a full season finished only 3 points clear of a guy who missed SEVEN races
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wallio wrote:

???

Did you watch IndyCar last year? Because Saavedra was by far the least competent driver in the field. By a country mile.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Salamander wrote:
Wallio wrote:

???

Did you watch IndyCar last year? Because Saavedra was by far the least competent driver in the field. By a country mile.

Uh, no That was Viso 100%.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wallio wrote:
Salamander wrote:Did you watch IndyCar last year? Because Saavedra was by far the least competent driver in the field. By a country mile.

Viso was slow. Saavedra was slow and continually stuffed it in the wall. One is worse than the other.
Everything's great.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Salamander wrote:
Wallio wrote:
Salamander wrote:Did you watch IndyCar last year? Because Saavedra was by far the least competent driver in the field. By a country mile.

Viso was slow. Saavedra was slow and continually stuffed it in the wall. One is worse than the other.

I was at Pocono, where Viso retired because he was "spooked". Per him over the PA. That instantly disqualifies anyone as a professional racing driver.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wallio wrote:I was at Pocono, where Viso retired because he was "spooked". Per him over the PA. That instantly disqualifies anyone as a professional racing driver.

:lol:

professional
adjective
engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as an amateur.
"a professional boxer"

racing driver
noun
a person who drives racing cars as a profession.

Pretty sure racing cars is Viso's main job, buddy. Doesn't say anything here about whether or not you can get spooked. Since when does it say in the job description that a racing driver has to be totally fearless, anyway?

Regardless, Viso is at least as fast as Saavedra and better at keeping the car out of the wall. If I ran a racing team I'd hire a thousand Viso's before ever considering Saavedra, because at least Viso's money won't all be spent on fixing his torn up racecars.
Everything's great.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Salamander wrote:
Wallio wrote:I was at Pocono, where Viso retired because he was "spooked". Per him over the PA. That instantly disqualifies anyone as a professional racing driver.

:lol:

professional
adjective
engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as an amateur.
"a professional boxer"

racing driver
noun
a person who drives racing cars as a profession.

Pretty sure racing cars is Viso's main job, buddy. Doesn't say anything here about whether or not you can get spooked. Since when does it say in the job description that a racing driver has to be totally fearless, anyway?

Regardless, Viso is at least as fast as Saavedra and better at keeping the car out of the wall. If I ran a racing team I'd hire a thousand Viso's before ever considering Saavedra, because at least Viso's money won't all be spent on fixing his torn up racecars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfCyh3uQixs

This video disagrees. Not last season but still. And that's only part 1!

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wallio wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfCyh3uQixs

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was 2014, not 2011. How silly of me. :P

Viso only crashed once in 2013. And that was when he got caught up in Franchitti's career-ending crash.
Everything's great.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Salamander wrote:

Viso only crashed once in 2013. And that was when he got caught up in Franchitti's career-ending crash.

Fair point. There's actually a better, funnier one from 2012 of the whole season with a little counter in the top corner that dings every time. It escapes me currently though.

That being said, Indycar needs both EJ and Seb right now. Until the series stops shooting itself in the foot, ride buyers are a necessary evil.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wallio wrote:
Salamander wrote:

Fair point. There's actually a better, funnier one from 2012 of the whole season with a little counter in the top corner that dings every time. It escapes me currently though.

That being said, Indycar needs both EJ and Seb right now. Until the series stops shooting itself in the foot, ride buyers are a necessary evil.

Indeed, I don't deny that, but I think there are a few better pay drivers available that maybe don't stuff the car in the wall as much as Saavedra does?
Everything's great.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Salamander wrote:
Indeed, I don't deny that, but I think there are a few better pay drivers available that maybe don't stuff the car in the wall as much as Saavedra does?

Its too bad Hekki won't jump across. His budget would surely be enough for Indy.

Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Jocke1 wrote:

Sebastian 'two-fingers' Saavedra is back?

Here's hoping he gives Montoya the finger, he'll get eaten alive.

He won't Evadedra the wrath of Juan Pablo the Destroya!
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Jocke1 wrote: Here's hoping he gives Montoya the finger, he'll get eaten alive.

Wallio wrote:What's your point?

Point is that Montoya won't accept those antics from Saavedra.
Remember JPM threatened to put Villeneuve in a tree once.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Jocke1 wrote:
Jocke1 wrote: Here's hoping he gives Montoya the finger, he'll get eaten alive.

Wallio wrote:What's your point?

Wasn't that the 2001 Canadian GP?
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Jocke1 wrote:Image

And he's still skinnier than Tony Stewart racing for Team Menard back in the 1990s.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:
Jocke1 wrote:Image

And he's still skinnier than Tony Stewart racing for Team Menard back in the 1990s.

It doesn't surprise me that Montoya was able to fit in that Dallara. Those Dallaras are BIG.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

go_Rubens wrote:
Jocke1 wrote:

Wasn't that the 2001 Canadian GP?

Yes, but I remembered it wrong. It was Villeneuve who threatened to put Montoya in a tree, not the other way round:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6113#p235898
nome66

Post by nome66 »

whatever they were both pretty aggressive with or without fenders.
as proven by their nascar antics....
villeneuve:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-njvNZN1E6k
(i know this video has a 'heated' opinion, but it is aggressive driving from jacque)

JPM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uaovco_w98Y
I believe in German BARawnda-Tyrrell-Simca(and it's working)

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
FA1L

Post by FA1L »

According to Wikipedia, JV will race at the Indy 500 :shock: