1980 Alternate F1 - Season final at Suzuka up

Archive for the three above subforums
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1980 Virtual F1 season - Engine signing

Post by Nuppiz »

What's more, the BRM engines will also be extremely cheap. Only £115 000 per unit for full factory support, and £100 000 for customer teams!
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Matra is glad to announce Wolf Racing as our new customer team!
Samster

Post by Samster »

Boro would like to offer Derek Warwick five races and Rene Arnoux six races. We will pay them both 20K per race.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Cosworth confirms Tyrrell and Surtess as their customers. Obviously, Penske will also run Cosworths in 1980.
MIA SAN MIA!
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Last driver signings:
Jean-Pierre Jarier has an offer from Wolf, but having recently rejected an offer from ATS, Wolf's chances aren't high
1-3 accepts two-year deal
4-20 asks for a one-year deal
21-100 no interest
9, surprisingly, Jarier joins Wolf for 250 000.

Rene Arnoux has an offer from Boro to do six races for a total of 120 000 credits.
1-75 he joins Boro
76-100 looks somewhere else
24, he joins Boro

Derek Warwick, after failing to qualify the Wolf in 1979, has an offer to do 5 races for Boro for a total of 100 000 credits

1-80 he joins Boro
81-100 he turns down the offer
78, that was close, but in the end he joins Boro.

In other news:
1) Only Ensign and Kauhsen need to decide on an engine.

2) Spending money on chassis development is possible before as well as after the tests.

3) Most teams can easily pay the full-season entry fees for two cars. If you want to pull out of a part of the season, please announce it here. Wolf currently don't have the required financial resources to enter the full season, so they either need to announce in which races they'll take part, or enter on a race-by-race basis as long as their money lasts.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Williams will test at the following locations:
Le Castellet
Jarama
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Ensign is still discussing with two manufacturers the issue about the engines. Hopefully, we will make a decision by the end of the day, depending on the talks.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

pi314159 wrote:
In other news:

2) Spending money on chassis development is possible before as well as after the tests.

3) Most teams can easily pay the full-season entry fees for two cars. If you want to pull out of a part of the season, please announce it here. Wolf currently don't have the required financial resources to enter the full season, so they either need to announce in which races they'll take part, or enter on a race-by-race basis as long as their money lasts.

Is there anywhere where I can see the current stats of our chassis? We want to know our current status before investing in upgrades.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:Is there anywhere where I can see the current stats of our chassis? We want to know our current status before investing in upgrades.

No, the cars' stats aren't public. However, as you just took over the team, I'll write you a PM on Renault's status, so you don't have to look up in which areas he bought upgrades.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Penske will test at Sebring and Paul Ricard.
MIA SAN MIA!
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
pi314159 wrote:
In other news:

Is there anywhere where I can see the current stats of our chassis? We want to know our current status before investing in upgrades.

First of all, confirm the signups already!
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Since the lack of interest from another party during the last days will hinder our 1980 campaign, Parmalat Team Ensign will keep it's ties with Ferrari engines for 1980
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

SeedStriker wrote:Since the lack of interest from another party during the last days will hinder our 1980 campaign, Parmalat Team Ensign will keep it's ties with Ferrari engines for 1980

Nice to have you onboard for another season!

And with that, Ferrari can reveal their partners for the 1980 season. Looking to consolidate on their stunning performances, being best of the rest behind McLaren, Ligier will be looking to take the step up and challenge for the title. Ensign may have had a disappointing 1979 season, but with continuity on the engine front and two talented drivers, expect big steps forward from Mo Nunn's boys this year. Charismatic German backmarkers Kauhsen are one of our two new customers this season, as they look to qualify for races on a consistent basis. And finally, we welcome Osella into the Formula One fray, and into the Ferrari fray. With one proven talent and one promising talent, they could pull off some surprises this season.

Pi, Ferrari will test at Imola and Jarama, and we invite all Ferrari-supplied teams to join us at the tests.

Also, PM sent regards engine contracts.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Would it be ok if Wolf only did the European races this season due to our money issues?
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
SeedStriker wrote:Since the lack of interest from another party during the last days will hinder our 1980 campaign, Parmalat Team Ensign will keep it's ties with Ferrari engines for 1980

And with that, Ferrari can reveal their partners for the 1980 season. Looking to consolidate on their stunning performances, being best of the rest behind McLaren, Ligier will be looking to take the step up and challenge for the title. Ensign may have had a disappointing 1979 season, but with continuity on the engine front and two talented drivers, expect big steps forward from Mo Nunn's boys this year. Charismatic German backmarkers Kauhsen are one of our two new customers this season, as they look to qualify for races on a consistent basis. And finally, we welcome Osella into the Formula One fray, and into the Ferrari fray. With one proven talent and one promising talent, they could pull off some surprises this season.

Pi, Ferrari will test at Imola and Jarama, and we invite all Ferrari-supplied teams to join us at the tests.

Well, having scored half point less than the main factory team isn't that bad :p
Since Ferrari has invited all customers, Ensign accept to go to Jarama instead of Paul Ricard
Samster

Post by Samster »

Boro will send our payed drivers, Rene Arnoux and Derek Warwick to the tests. We will also be the first to reveal our pre-season upgrades. We will gamble and put all of our 2.4 million pre-season budget towards ground effects.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

We will not join you on Jarama, as it is also in Ferrari's importance to get data from other racing tracks with other characteristics (in our case Paul Ricard)! Of course we'll accept the invitation for Imola.
And charismatic? You guys probably sniffed too much toxic Vesuvio-lava ;) We have the charisma of sauerkraut.

On another note: for 1980, Kauhsen will co-operate with their friends from nearby city Düsseldorf, Kraftwerk. Both Kauhsen and Kraftwerk share the same passion for technological innovation, hard working ethics and robots. And both are misunderstood by the common media. Altough it isn't clear what exactly their involvement will be, probably only some kind of arty livery and some pocket calculators. But that's still better than nothing.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

This wrote:

We will not join you on Jarama, as it is also in Ferrari's importance to get data from other racing tracks with other characteristics (in our case Paul Ricard)! Of course we'll accept the invitation for Imola.
And charismatic? You guys probably sniffed too much toxic Vesuvio-lava ;) We have the charisma of sauerkraut.

On another note: for 1980, Kauhsen will co-operate with their friends from nearby city Düsseldorf, Kraftwerk. Both Kauhsen and Kraftwerk share the same passion for technological innovation, hard working ethics and robots. And both are misunderstood by the common media. Altough it isn't clear what exactly their involvement will be, probably only some kind of arty livery and some pocket calculators. But that's still better than nothing.

Get used to this Enzo, Wily knows best (As his stellar starting record shows) and he will not listen to anyone. And by the end of the year, he will blame you for his teams problems. Thankfully he always has to leave the races on Friday.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

McLaren will be testing at Paul Ricard and Jarama.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
kevinbotz

Re: 1980 Virtual F1 season - Sign up for the pre-season test

Post by kevinbotz »

Shadow will be testing at Paul Ricard and Jarama.

We will invest 2.4 million on ground effects again.
Last edited by kevinbotz on 10 Feb 2014, 07:52, edited 1 time in total.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Wallio wrote:Get used to this Enzo, Wily knows best (As his stellar starting record shows) and he will not listen to anyone. And by the end of the year, he will blame you for his teams problems. Thankfully he always has to leave the races on Friday.

Getting friendly with Mr. Enzo, i see? Already giving up your own engines? ;)
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

This wrote:
Wallio wrote:Get used to this Enzo, Wily knows best (As his stellar starting record shows) and he will not listen to anyone. And by the end of the year, he will blame you for his teams problems. Thankfully he always has to leave the races on Friday.

Getting friendly with Mr. Enzo, i see? Already giving up your own engines? ;)

Not at all, but out of respect for Mr. Ferrari I just wanted to warn him about the ungrateful, selfish ninny of a team owner he has aligned with.

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Wallio wrote:Not at all, but out of respect for Mr. Ferrari I just wanted to warn him about the ungrateful, selfish ninny of a team owner he has aligned with.

Enzo Osella wrote:Ey ey ey, shaddapa mister whiny bavarian, you talk-a the talk, but you don't-a walk-a the walk. Your engine is a f***ing donkey and all you gonna do is smack-talk people who left you? No no no, it's a disgrace. You got McLaren to win everything for you. You put a Matra in that car, it would still be champion. Pipe down!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Biscione wrote:
Wallio wrote:Not at all, but out of respect for Mr. Ferrari I just wanted to warn him about the ungrateful, selfish ninny of a team owner he has aligned with.

Enzo Osella wrote:Ey ey ey, shaddapa mister whiny bavarian, you talk-a the talk, but you don't-a walk-a the walk. Your engine is a f***ing donkey and all you gonna do is smack-talk people who left you? No no no, it's a disgrace. You got McLaren to win everything for you. You put a Matra in that car, it would still be champion. Pipe down!

I'm sorry who are you? Never heard of you. Enjoy prequalfying. And yes it's easy to say the McLaren did all the work, but don't forget we took Shadow from 11th to 6th as well. Whatever comforts you as you pack up on Friday though. :P

pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Pre-season entry list:

Imola
Tyrrell (Piquet, Lammers)
Boro (Arnoux, Warwick)
Surtees (Amon, Henton)
Kauhsen (Mass, Winkelhock)
Alfa Romeo (Mansell, Cheever)
Ensign (Reutemann, Sneva)
Ferrari (de Angelis, Villeneuve)
Brabham (Rosberg, Scheckter)
Osella (Patrese, Alboreto)

Le Castellet
Tyrrell (Piquet, Lammers)
Boro (Arnoux, Warwick)
Surtees (Amon, Henton)
Kauhsen (Mass, Winkelhock)
Arrows (Laffite, Depailler)
Renault (Prost, Jones)
Williams (Peterson, Pace)
Penske (Andretti, Fittipaldi)
McLaren (Hunt, Pryce)
Shadow (Johansson, Tambay)
Brabham (Rosberg, Scheckter)
Rebaque (Jabouille, Boutsen)
Osella (Patrese, Alboreto)
Project Four (Watson, Daly)

Jarama
March (Ickx,T. Fabi)
Alfa Romeo (Mansell, Cheever)
Arrows (Laffite, Depailler)
Renault (Prost, Jones)
ATS (Surer, Giacomelli)
Williams (Peterson, Pace)
Ferrari (de Angelis, Villeneuve)
Ensign (Reutemann, Sneva)
McLaren (Hunt, Pryce)
Shadow (Johansson, Tambay)
Project Four (Watson, Daly)

Sebring
March (Carter, Ongais)
ATS (Surer, Giacomelli)
Penske (Andretti, Fittipaldi)
Rebaque (de Cesaris, Rebaque)

TBA
Lotus
Wolf
Ligier
Last edited by pi314159 on 09 Feb 2014, 16:43, edited 5 times in total.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Brabham will test at Imola and Le Castellet, with Scheckter and Rosberg behind the wheel.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Rebaque will test at

Paul Ricard with
Jean-Pierre Jabouille
Thierry Boutsen

Sebring with
Hector Rebaque
Andrea de Cesaris
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Our test lineup for Jarama will be Jacky Ickx & Teo Fabi, while at Sebring we'll test Danny Ongais and Pancho Carter.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

roblomas52 wrote:Would it be ok if Wolf only did the European races this season due to our money issues?

Sorry for the late reply. There are 11 european races, but you only have money to do 10 of them, unless you get some mid-season prize money. So you either have to withdraw from one race completely, or do two of them with only one car.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Project 4 will test at Jarama and Le Castellet, with Watson and Daly driving at both tests.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Lotus will test at Sebring and Jarama with Niki Lauda and Rick Mears.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Wolf will test at Sebring and Jarama.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

i'm not sure if the budget is updated yet, but i suppose spending 2M on ground effect is doable?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Since this is the first time I've actually been able to do any PMMF stuff since Wednesday, Ligier will test at Paul Ricard and Imola with our race drivers Regazzoni and Pironi.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Ok, everything sorted out for the pre-season test.

However, there seems to be a problem with the Cosworth engine contracts. In case of the Rebaque deal, Rebaque and Cosworth claim different conditions for the deal. So could the other Cosworth customers please send me an e-mail with their interpretation of their contract, so I know if it is just a Rebaque problem, or if it concerns more Cosworth customers.
pycku

Post by pycku »

Maybe I caused that misinterpretation. At first the contract between Rebaque and Cosworth was more favourable to Cosworth. A little time before I resign from Cosworth, I told Rebaque that the contract may be interpreted some other way and maybe I forgot to mention that to Ferrarist.

Sorry for that.
To finish first, first you have to finish!
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

I wanted to upgrade the budgets, but I don't have the Renault contracts yet. CaptainGetz12, could you please send them to me?
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

pi314159 wrote:I wanted to upgrade the budgets, but I don't have the Renault contracts yet. CaptainGetz12, could you please send them to me?

Which contracts: The teams that bought my engines?
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
pi314159 wrote:I wanted to upgrade the budgets, but I don't have the Renault contracts yet. CaptainGetz12, could you please send them to me?

Which contracts: The teams that bought my engines?

I need to know which teams bought your engine, and how much they're paying. How am I supposed to update the budgets if I don't know that?
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

First draft of the 1981 chassis regulations:

1981 Chassis regulations:

First of all, you need to build a basic chassis.
Tier / Grip / Top Speed / Rel / Cost
Tier 1** 100-110 / 100-110 / 60-90 (unavailable)
Tier 1* 95-105 / 95-105 / 55-85 (unavailable)
Tier 1: 90-100 / 90-100 / 50-80 / 12 000 000 $
Tier 2: 85-95 / 85-95 / 45-75 / 10 500 000 $
Tier 3: 80-90 / 80-90 / 40-70 / 9 000 000 $
Tier 4: 75-85 / 75-85 / 40-60 / 7 500 000 $
Tier 5: 70-80 / 70-80 / 35-55 / 6 000 000 $
Tier 6: 65-75 / 65-75 / 30-50 / 5 000 000 $
Tier 7: 60-70 / 60-70 / 30-45 / 4 000 000 $
Tier 8: 55-65 / 55-65 / 25-40 / 3 000 000 $
Tier 9: 50-60 / 50-60 / 20-35 / 2 000 000 $
Tier 10: 45-55 / 45-55 / 20-30 / 1 500 000 $
Tier 11: 40-50 / 40-50 / 15-25 / 1 000 000 $
Tier 12: 30-40 / 30-40 / 10-20 / 500 000 $

Then, you can focus on one or two areas of development. If you focus on just one area, you will get the range from two tiers higher in that area. If you focus on two areas, you will get the range from one tier above for those areas.