Reject Birthday Topic

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
Londoner

Re: Reject Birthday Topic

Post by Londoner »

I just realised, the ultimate reject who never was, the legendary Chanoch Nissany also turns 50 this year.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

East Londoner wrote:I just realised, the ultimate reject who never was, the legendary Chanoch Nissany also turns 50 this year.

For his 50th birthday he should get a centrale article.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

pi314159 wrote:
East Londoner wrote:I just realised, the ultimate reject who never was, the legendary Chanoch Nissany also turns 50 this year.

For his 50th birthday he should get a centrale article.

That would be one hell of a tribute, and an article I would definitely read.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Wish a very merry 55th birthday to Mr Johnny Carwash today. ;)
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

Really? :o I used to think he was younger.
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

We should all be ashamed of ourselves for forgetting Taki Inoue's 50th, which was on the 5th of September. :oops:

Happy belated birthday Taki!

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/tg-meets-taki-inoue-2013-09-17
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Michael Andretti's 51st birthday today. On Monday it is Marco Apicella's 48th birthday.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
ryangregg12345

Happy Birthday Luigi Piotti!

Post by ryangregg12345 »

Today is a special day for Formula One! :D
This doesn't just mark Sebastian Vettel's fourth title, but it's also 100 years to the day since the birth of Luigi Piotti.

This Italian started 8 grands prix and was the surprise winner of the Reverse Qualifying Championship in 1957.

Born: October 27, 1913, Milan, Italy
Died: April 19, 1971

Even though he died in 1971, today marks this extra-special milestone for Piotti and his family and friends.
1989 Monaco Grand Prix
Murray Walker: Rene says the reason he is going so slow is because he’s used to turbo cars, and these exasperated engine cars are a different kettle of fish to drive.
James Hunt: And all I can say to that is bullsh*t.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Bernie is 80 tomorrow! :D
Trump 2016
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Bernie's birthday is tomorrow as well
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Merged ryangregg's thread with this one - despite our love for rejects, we really don't need to start a new topic every time they have a birthday!

Could you please start using the search function - located at the top right corner - before posting new threads in the future? This isn't the first time I've merged one of your threads with an existing one...
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
ryangregg12345

Post by ryangregg12345 »

So many birthdays today ...

Tarso Marques turns 38, Jenson Button turns 34 (despite losing his dad just a few days ago the poor fellow :( ), Karun Chandhok turns the big 3-0, and Bob Gerard if he was alive would turn the big 1-0-0.

Today is 100 years to the day since the birth of Bob Gerard, one of the greatest British rejects in history. :D
1989 Monaco Grand Prix
Murray Walker: Rene says the reason he is going so slow is because he’s used to turbo cars, and these exasperated engine cars are a different kettle of fish to drive.
James Hunt: And all I can say to that is bullsh*t.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

ryangregg12345 wrote:So many birthdays today ...

Tarso Marques turns 38, Jenson Button turns 34 (despite losing his dad just a few days ago the poor fellow :( ), Karun Chandhok turns the big 3-0, and Bob Gerard if he was alive would turn the big 1-0-0.

Today is 100 years to the day since the birth of Bob Gerard, one of the greatest British rejects in history. :D

Only he isn't a reject :P
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

tommykl wrote:
ryangregg12345 wrote:Today is 100 years to the day since the birth of Bob Gerard, one of the greatest British rejects in history. :D

Only he isn't a reject :P

Good point. He was 6th 3 times when only the top 5 earned points.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
FA1L

Post by FA1L »

I just realized, today is the birthday of none other than good ol´ Johnny Carwash :D And Ingo Hoffmann as well :P
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Today is March the 20th, and it's Pedro Lamy's birthday.
GT legend and F1 reject turns 42 today. Feliz aniversário!
Pictured here in a Lotus during his debut Grand Prix in Italy in 1993.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

As it is first day of the year, here's drivers who are supposed to celebrate full tens of birthdays this year.

90: Hans Herrmann, Andre Milhoux
80: Gimax, Keith Greene, Alan Rees, Fritz d'Orey, Basil van Rooyen, Eppie Wietzes, Ernie Pieterse, Neville Lederle
70: Mikko Kozarowitzky, Hans Binder, Rene Arnoux, Jean-Louis Schlesser, Alex Ribeiro, Keke Rosberg, Roelof Wunderink
60: Eddie Cheever, Giovanni Lavaggi, Christian Danner, Johnny Dumfries, Tommy Byrne, Olivier Grouillard, Franco Forini, Roberto Guerrero
50: Gianni Morbidelli, Emanuele Naspetti, Michael Bartels, Ricardo Rosset, Franck Lagorce, Mika Häkkinen, Karl Wendlinger
40: Franck Montagny, Nicolas Kiesa, Esteban Tuero, Enrique Bernoldi
30: Sebastien Buemi
20: Lance Stroll