2014 Australian Grand Prix Thread - A New Dawn?

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
TheBigJ

Re: 2014 Australian Grand Prix Thread - A New Dawn?

Post by TheBigJ »

I'm curious as to how the 'new' teams will fare. It's really make or break for them. If we just have Marussia's car with Caterham's drivers then it would look promising.

I think they are destined for rejectdom, and very abject rejectdom that is. I hope they prove me wrong.
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

This is HRT's race.
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

GwilymJJames wrote:This is HRT's race.

It's going to be a tight battle between HRT and USF1...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

I must admit that having been so caught up in my Winter Olympics and Biathlon programmes this off season I didn't know that the first race was this weekend. I'll be intrigued to hear what the new cars sound like once the action gets underway
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:I must admit that having been so caught up in my Winter Olympics and Biathlon programmes this off season I didn't know that the first race was this weekend. I'll be intrigued to hear what the new cars sound like once the action gets underway

The engines sounded completely fine in the wide open nothingness of Bahrain a few weeks ago.

Mercedes
Ferrari
Red Bull

I like that each engine actually sounds different from one another. Yeah, that might be testing, but you can distinctly tell between the Mercedes and the Ferrari, and the Renault to some extent. Of course, the Renault was probably not of full power in that video. They should sound quite louder and better when all together on track.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

You don't know how hard I will laugh if Vettel wins the race...

...or even if Ricciardo wins -- just to rub it in Mark Webber's face.

I will only get on the Williams bandwagon for ...

oh wait they don't suck anymore... time to focus my attention on Lotus!
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
went

Post by went »

Cynon wrote:You don't know how hard I will laugh if Vettel wins the race...

...or even if Ricciardo wins -- just to rub it in Mark Webber's face.

If a Red Bull wins without several cars exploding, a few pileups, four safety cars and variable weather, I'll weep.

Deeply.
Basetornado

Post by Basetornado »

Hehehehe, just discovered Ive been gifted not only a corporate box ticket above the garages, but also a Paddock Pass!!! Alas its only for Saturday but its much better then watching it from Turn 3 like i am for friday and sunday. Don't know whos garage im gonna be above yet, but hoping for force india, caterham or Red Bull.
Basetornado

Post by Basetornado »

dr-baker wrote:

Im willing on StefanGP to cause an upset
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

DanielPT wrote:
East Londoner wrote:Just noticed a few weather forecasts for Sunday, and all I say is:

:mrgreen:

If there is anything GP weather forecasts taught me, is that unless I see rain when time comes, they are wrong. Though this time I was looking forward to see a dry GP so probably, just to piss me off, it will be raining.

The Bureau of Meteorology (Australia's national weather forecasting service, and unlike Meteo France, are actually capable of their job) are predicting rain on Sunday as well. Saturday doesn't look too flash either, for that matter
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Basetornado

Post by Basetornado »

Wizzie wrote:
DanielPT wrote:
East Londoner wrote:Just noticed a few weather forecasts for Sunday, and all I say is:

:mrgreen:

If there is anything GP weather forecasts taught me, is that unless I see rain when time comes, they are wrong. Though this time I was looking forward to see a dry GP so probably, just to piss me off, it will be raining.

The Bureau of Meteorology (Australia's national weather forecasting service, and unlike Meteo France, are actually capable of their job) are predicting rain on Sunday as well. Saturday doesn't look too flash either, for that matter

If the BOM are saying it will rain, id believe them. Should be fun. Reliability, Rain and new cars. Should be a great race.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

good_Ralf wrote:
tzerof1 wrote:There hasn't even been a wet standing start since...I wanna say China '06. Which is also somewhat ridiculous.

Britain 2008 was wet at the start IMO. And what a race that turned out to be.

That's the last time it started to rain cats and dogs during the race and they didn't bring out the SC. I remember myself looking amazed at the TV because I was expecting the SC at any moment during the worst of the downpour, with people like Kubica going off, but it never came. I liked it - it allowed Barrichello's switch to full wets to pay off, for example, and it was the kind of "the track is driveable if you switch to the right tyres, so if you are going off on intermediates is only your fault" moment that it's becoming more and more unusual to see.

At that point and for a couple of laps, Hamilton was lapping like five seconds a lap faster than everyone else, I was absolutely astonished at that. What a race.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
Sublime_FA11C

Post by Sublime_FA11C »

I hate to dampen the mood but... the greater the hype, the greater the dissapointment. Let's consider for a minute just how huge the chances are we see a crap race instead? Teams will have a lot to fear and little incentive to tempt faith regarding reliability. It's likely the strategies will be conservative as most teams try to last the distance. We may not see any damn racing at all!

If Mercs lock out the front row, what are the odds that Nico and Lewis will do a Mika and David agreement and race each other only as far as the 1st corner?
Pirelli have not had huge amounts of testing and have gone conservative with tyre design. That means a harder tyre. Even though 2-3 stops per race are predicted you can bet many teams will look into the possibility of "preserving" or "managing" tyres enough to pull of a slow and boring but safe 1 stop?

It has already been admitted that "racing" causes fuel to be spent at such a rate that the 100l tank will be dry long before full distance. That means that instead of last year's "tyre management" phase of the race (typically lasting from after the first few laps until after the final pitstop) or even more worryingly, in addition to it "racing" cars will pace themselves to "manage" fuel and ensure they have enough to finish. That's potentialy 4/5th of the race spent piddling around and not racing. ERS batteries will not really help. The batteries themselves will need charging time, so a period of blistering pace and overtaking will certainly have to be followed by a period of patient and sensible "management". This is not really new, drivers allways had to make sure not to wear out their machines too much before the end, however i'm more concerned that with the benefit of telemetry, engineers might come up with solutions that "manage" tyres, fuel and equipment in such a way as to kill racing dead. Beacuse racing is detrimental to reliability... Nico Rosberg's comments after the Bahrain test suggest that Mercedes is chasing 100% bulletproof reliability and is not there yet.

I can sympathise with Merc and other team engineers, but i do not want 100% bulletproof F1. Bulletproof F1 sucks, regardless whoose finger is raised in victory. Racing, excitement and drama make a good championship season, but those are complete opposites of professional and engineering principles that guide current era F1 teams to succes. They want predictability and clinical reliability. They don't care how good Brasil 2013 was (Nobody knew how to drive or setup the car because weather interrupted all sessions before the race). They would much rather be 110% prepared and rob us of any potential for excitement to slip out of their control.

Screw it i am a pessimist right now. I wish i wasn't but i don't see 2014 being much better than 2013. Most of the time we were fortunate to enjoy decent races in 2013, even on traditionally boring tracks. The championship was sewn up after the tyre change, but prior to that and even after, there were a few teams/drivers out to prove a point or chase down points or at least try to race. But far too often races got bogged down in the "management phase". Aerodynamic wake is still a major obstacle to cars following one another closely. It makes it less likely we see non DRS overtakes or drivers pressuring one another into errors, though i suspect Raikkonnen will try it. He allways does.

I am excited about the new stuff and the general reshuffle, but i very much doubt the racing will improve unless engineers compute that giving greater control over strategy to drivers themselves would improve their chances. While i'm not disillusioned or unhappy with F1 in general, i do think we should prepare for some terribly dull "racing" ahead. Though i secretly hope teams throw their strategy books in the bins and take risks.
Leyton House wrote:Sauber - found out painting your car like an HRT will make it go like one.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Basetornado wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

However, Andrea Moda will still break down at 1/3-distance (a la Grand Prix de Monaco 1992) having only qualified one car, which would still be better than what MasterCard Lola will manage...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

dr-baker wrote:However, Andrea Moda will still break down at 1/3-distance (a la Grand Prix de Monaco 1992) having only qualified one car, which would still be better than what MasterCard Lola will manage...

Or Lotus. Red Bull could make it past half race though.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Basetornado

Post by Basetornado »

DanielPT wrote:
dr-baker wrote:However, Andrea Moda will still break down at 1/3-distance (a la Grand Prix de Monaco 1992) having only qualified one car, which would still be better than what MasterCard Lola will manage...

Im pretty sure i went down to albert park last week for a bike ride and I rode past some sort of red and yellow racing car limping along
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Basetornado wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

Im pretty sure i went down to albert park last week for a bike ride and I rode past some sort of red and yellow racing car limping along

Was there also a bit of blue in the design, maybe on the engine cover and rear wing endplates? A bit like this, perhaps? Going not much faster?:

Or was it red and yellow, yet mostly blue, going not much faster than in this picture?:

MCard LOLA
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

This picture appears to be of the McLaren sidepods. If yes...could we have the West livery again? (My word, I hope so...)

Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Now who's that bloke on the right?

It can't be West. Isn't that a smokes company? Unless they put the drivers names where the company logo normally is.

I have a feeling the title sponsor is Mobil1. But I'm probably going to be proven wrong.

The sidepods look suspiciously like Mercedes, to be honest - now that would look cool on a Merc!
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Sublime_FA11C wrote:I hate to dampen the mood but... the greater the hype, the greater the dissapointment. Let's consider for a minute just how huge the chances are we see a crap race instead? Teams will have a lot to fear and little incentive to tempt faith regarding reliability. It's likely the strategies will be conservative as most teams try to last the distance. We may not see any damn racing at all!

If Mercs lock out the front row, what are the odds that Nico and Lewis will do a Mika and David agreement and race each other only as far as the 1st corner?
Pirelli have not had huge amounts of testing and have gone conservative with tyre design. That means a harder tyre. Even though 2-3 stops per race are predicted you can bet many teams will look into the possibility of "preserving" or "managing" tyres enough to pull of a slow and boring but safe 1 stop?

It has already been admitted that "racing" causes fuel to be spent at such a rate that the 100l tank will be dry long before full distance. That means that instead of last year's "tyre management" phase of the race (typically lasting from after the first few laps until after the final pitstop) or even more worryingly, in addition to it "racing" cars will pace themselves to "manage" fuel and ensure they have enough to finish. That's potentialy 4/5th of the race spent piddling around and not racing. ERS batteries will not really help. The batteries themselves will need charging time, so a period of blistering pace and overtaking will certainly have to be followed by a period of patient and sensible "management". This is not really new, drivers allways had to make sure not to wear out their machines too much before the end, however i'm more concerned that with the benefit of telemetry, engineers might come up with solutions that "manage" tyres, fuel and equipment in such a way as to kill racing dead. Beacuse racing is detrimental to reliability... Nico Rosberg's comments after the Bahrain test suggest that Mercedes is chasing 100% bulletproof reliability and is not there yet.

I can sympathise with Merc and other team engineers, but i do not want 100% bulletproof F1. Bulletproof F1 sucks, regardless whoose finger is raised in victory. Racing, excitement and drama make a good championship season, but those are complete opposites of professional and engineering principles that guide current era F1 teams to succes. They want predictability and clinical reliability. They don't care how good Brasil 2013 was (Nobody knew how to drive or setup the car because weather interrupted all sessions before the race). They would much rather be 110% prepared and rob us of any potential for excitement to slip out of their control.

Screw it i am a pessimist right now. I wish i wasn't but i don't see 2014 being much better than 2013. Most of the time we were fortunate to enjoy decent races in 2013, even on traditionally boring tracks. The championship was sewn up after the tyre change, but prior to that and even after, there were a few teams/drivers out to prove a point or chase down points or at least try to race. But far too often races got bogged down in the "management phase". Aerodynamic wake is still a major obstacle to cars following one another closely. It makes it less likely we see non DRS overtakes or drivers pressuring one another into errors, though i suspect Raikkonnen will try it. He allways does.

I am excited about the new stuff and the general reshuffle, but i very much doubt the racing will improve unless engineers compute that giving greater control over strategy to drivers themselves would improve their chances. While i'm not disillusioned or unhappy with F1 in general, i do think we should prepare for some terribly dull "racing" ahead. Though i secretly hope teams throw their strategy books in the bins and take risks.

I hate to admit it, but you could well be right. I myself am optimistic and I think if the grid is as jumbled (compared to last season) they'll be teams wanting the win to get ahead in the championship (read Mercedes, Ferrari) or for long-awaited glory (read Williams, Force India) and they'll be a few risks taken at Oz. Going on from there though, I imagine that the teams will learn a lot quite quickly and it may well turn into a battle of the statisticians/analysts who are micro-managing the drivers' races for them.

I haven't heard a lot on the fuel situation, but I guess it may be a factor. The tyre situation though I imagine will be much the same. Would I be right or wrong in saying that the extra torque of the engines may stress the tyres more?
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Basetornado

Post by Basetornado »

Considering he said his name was riccardo, im not exactly sure who it was.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

I'm not so interested in the race per say. Qualifying is what I want to see. We have yet to see these new cars at full bore. I want to see how quick they really are. Especially since we won't have to worry about who's on what fuel load.

And there's rumors going around that Red Bull are working flat out on "a whole new car" for Spain. But chassis are locked-in no? So will it be everything save the monococque? Or is it just BS?
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Firstly, tzerof1 is spot-on with the engine sounds, i thought the exact same back in Jerez. secondly, Ive met a girl and its all going splendid thank you very much, but she wants me to stay at hers on Saturday, which leaves me with a dilemma: stay at hers and have a jolly good time but miss my first 'live watching' Australian GP since 2009 and before that, 1997. SkyPlus to the rescue!!

And i really don't want rain this weekend, I want to see who is competitive from the get-go.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

AdrianSutil wrote:Firstly, tzerof1 is spot-on with the engine sounds, i thought the exact same back in Jerez. secondly, Ive met a girl and its all going splendid thank you very much, but she wants me to stay at hers on Saturday, which leaves me with a dilemma: stay at hers and have a jolly good time but miss my first 'live watching' Australian GP since 2009 and before that, 1997. SkyPlus to the rescue!!

And i really don't want rain this weekend, I want to see who is competitive from the get-go.

If she doesn't like F1, she's not a keeper! :lol: :P :D

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Wallio wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:Firstly, tzerof1 is spot-on with the engine sounds, i thought the exact same back in Jerez. secondly, Ive met a girl and its all going splendid thank you very much, but she wants me to stay at hers on Saturday, which leaves me with a dilemma: stay at hers and have a jolly good time but miss my first 'live watching' Australian GP since 2009 and before that, 1997. SkyPlus to the rescue!!

If she doesn't like F1, she's not a keeper! :lol: :P :D

Also, girls come and go but a F1 rules overhaul of seismic size that results in the most unpredictable season opener everyone can think of?
I think the answer for your dilemma is obvious. Wait! That's not even a dilemma! :P

Finally, for me the only way this will turn out to be disappointing is to see to same kind of racing I saw last year. Even if it is and the winner is a different bloke it will be 50-50. Everything else is a win. I know but I can't help it, after hitting rock bottom last season when it comes to racing standards the pretty much the only to go is up.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

IceG wrote:Hamilton left a leading team to go to an underperforming one because he could see the writing on the wall. Vettel has stayed with a dominant team despite the history of Renault's struggles with turbos and Newey's dislike of hot engines, he did not see what was coming.

Vettel has won championship after championship. Hamilton hasn't.

That is why vettelwinslol is boring and hamiltonwinslolo isn't (yet).

Holds no ice for me, mate. If we get hamiltonwinslol instead of vettelwinslol the spectacle will be just as boring just as fast. Unless you are a Hamilton fan, the only difference will be the annoyance of the The Finger post-race being replaced by the annoyance of Sky & the BBC's 'boffins' discussing whether or not Hamilton is the reincarnation of Senna post-race.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AdrianSutil wrote:I've met a girl and its all going splendid thank you very much, but she wants me to stay at hers on Saturday, which leaves me with a dilemma: stay at hers and have a jolly good time but miss my first 'live watching' Australian GP since 2009 and before that, 1997.

Show her what it really means to have a jolly good time - Use watching the sun rise as an excuse to get up early, then watch qually together. Then do the same again on Sunday - sunrise, F1 live!
MCard LOLA
mario

Post by mario »

watka wrote:
Sublime_FA11C wrote:I hate to dampen the mood but... the greater the hype, the greater the dissapointment. Let's consider for a minute just how huge the chances are we see a crap race instead? Teams will have a lot to fear and little incentive to tempt faith regarding reliability. It's likely the strategies will be conservative as most teams try to last the distance. We may not see any damn racing at all!

I hate to admit it, but you could well be right. I myself am optimistic and I think if the grid is as jumbled (compared to last season) they'll be teams wanting the win to get ahead in the championship (read Mercedes, Ferrari) or for long-awaited glory (read Williams, Force India) and they'll be a few risks taken at Oz. Going on from there though, I imagine that the teams will learn a lot quite quickly and it may well turn into a battle of the statisticians/analysts who are micro-managing the drivers' races for them.

I haven't heard a lot on the fuel situation, but I guess it may be a factor. The tyre situation though I imagine will be much the same. Would I be right or wrong in saying that the extra torque of the engines may stress the tyres more?

Whilst the tyres are expected to have a tougher time, Pirelli have compensated by opting for a more conservative construction and have also gone for slightly more conservative tyre choices for the opening races. Tyre management may be present, but it could be less marginal this year as a result of the more conservative direction that Pirelli has moved in.

As for fuel saving, it might not be quite so dramatic - Rosberg did change his comments after completing his race simulations in Bahrain and noted that he wasn't asked to save fuel as much as he expected. Given that Bahrain is a relatively high fuel consumption circuit due to the stop start nature of the track, the fact that Rosberg says he only had to save fuel for a handful of laps during his race simulation suggests that the 100kg of fuel might not necessitate heavy fuel saving. It's true that the teams will probably be very conservative in Melbourne, but against that there is probably a fairly high chance of a safety car, which will help with fuel saving.
The energy recovery systems may perhaps be more of a limitation - however, Melbourne is a moderately heavy circuit for braking, allowing for a reasonable amount of kinetic energy to be harvested that should ensure that the drivers probably get close to utilising the fill 2MJ/lap that they are permitted to use, but it is plausible that it could be much more of an issue at some other circuits (Silverstone will be the biggest challenge given that circuit has the lowest proportion of time spent on the brakes - around 10% IIRC).

Wallio wrote:I'm not so interested in the race per say. Qualifying is what I want to see. We have yet to see these new cars at full bore. I want to see how quick they really are. Especially since we won't have to worry about who's on what fuel load.

And there's rumors going around that Red Bull are working flat out on "a whole new car" for Spain. But chassis are locked-in no? So will it be everything save the monococque? Or is it just BS?

Hard to say to be honest - it is true that, normally, the chassis is homologated before the season (unless there are major defects which require rehomologation of a new design on safety grounds, but that is very tightly controlled). Other parts, such as the side and rear impact structures, gearbox casing etc. are also tightly controlled and therefore probably can't be changed; however, that would still potentially allow them to modify the rear bodywork and, in addition, the internal packaging of the car could be refined (the changes needn't all be on the surface). It's probably best to take the rumours with a pinch of salt for now though - I'd expect a refinement for the Spanish GP, but I don't think that the changes will be quite as dramatic as a "whole new car".
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

mario wrote:Hard to say to be honest - it is true that, normally, the chassis is homologated before the season (unless there are major defects which require rehomologation of a new design on safety grounds, but that is very tightly controlled). Other parts, such as the side and rear impact structures, gearbox casing etc. are also tightly controlled and therefore probably can't be changed; however, that would still potentially allow them to modify the rear bodywork and, in addition, the internal packaging of the car could be refined (the changes needn't all be on the surface). It's probably best to take the rumours with a pinch of salt for now though - I'd expect a refinement for the Spanish GP, but I don't think that the changes will be quite as dramatic as a "whole new car".

That's what I figured, although it'd be epic if they rolled out in Barcelona with an RB10B.

Horner is as optismistic as ever, though:

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ice-in-oz/

GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

I was talking about the V8 Supercars. What're you guys all talking about?
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Basetornado wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

But Prodrive can outwit all of you technologically :P

Enforcer wrote:
IceG wrote:Hamilton left a leading team to go to an underperforming one because he could see the writing on the wall. Vettel has stayed with a dominant team despite the history of Renault's struggles with turbos and Newey's dislike of hot engines, he did not see what was coming.

Holds no ice for me, mate. If we get hamiltonwinslol instead of vettelwinslol the spectacle will be just as boring just as fast. Unless you are a Hamilton fan, the only difference will be the annoyance of the The Finger post-race being replaced by the annoyance of Sky & the BBC's 'boffins' discussing whether or not Hamilton is the reincarnation of Senna post-race.

Exactly. It's not like it is all on Vettel. The boredom was not all on Vettel, it was on the quality of racing throughout the field and the quality of the usually crappy TV directors.

I think Adrian Newey is already a contender for ROTY becuase his design is already well flawed and how is he going to repackage such a tight car? The only way to solve its problems is to completely repackage it. Then the reliability might be a little better. And maybe the car will see its full potential. But the design seems as if he didn't care to consider cooling, and that with it the car was hastily put together as a result. Certainly his biggest car design dong in a while.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Aerospeed wrote:Now who's that bloke on the right?

And why is there a dead guy behind him?
-*:-
SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

giraurd wrote:Melbourne 2010 as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-TweBGLFYY

Looks like playing F1 2010 with the CPU on easy.
F1 claim to fame - Offending Karun Chandhok 38 minutes into the Korean Grand Prix's FP1.

PSN: SgtPepperThe1st
SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

go_Rubens wrote:
Enforcer wrote:

Exactly. It's not like it is all on Vettel. The boredom was not all on Vettel, it was on the quality of racing throughout the field and the quality of the usually crappy TV directors.

I think Adrian Newey is already a contender for ROTY becuase his design is already well flawed and how is he going to repackage such a tight car? The only way to solve its problems is to completely repackage it. Then the reliability might be a little better. And maybe the car will see its full potential. But the design seems as if he didn't care to consider cooling, and that with it the car was hastily put together as a result. Certainly his biggest car design dong in a while.

I think if the Mercs are as dominant as people predict (something of which I have my doubts) the dullness would be very dependant upon the degree to which;
a) Rosberg brings the fight to Hamilton,
b) How fast the Ferraris are,
c) If the TV directors ever decide to actually show anything below about 6th position.

If Rosberg performs well against Hamilton, it will be exciting seeing the inter-team battle, if the Ferraris are quick then it could be an incredible 4 way battle. But if neither of these happen, I'm sure it will soon turn in to a snooze-fest/Lewisteria extravaganza.
F1 claim to fame - Offending Karun Chandhok 38 minutes into the Korean Grand Prix's FP1.

watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

SgtPepper wrote:I think if the Mercs are as dominant as people predict (something of which I have my doubts) the dullness would be very dependant upon the degree to which;
c) If the TV directors ever decide to actually show anything below about 6th position.

If Rosberg performs well against Hamilton, it will be exciting seeing the inter-team battle, if the Ferraris are quick then it could be an incredible 4 way battle. But if neither of these happen, I'm sure it will soon turn in to a snooze-fest/Lewisteria extravaganza.

Don't you mean Lewisteria LewistravagHamza?
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

watka wrote:
SgtPepper wrote:I think if the Mercs are as dominant as people predict (something of which I have my doubts) the dullness would be very dependant upon the degree to which;

Don't you mean Lewisteria LewistravagHamza?

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

watka wrote:Don't you mean Lewisteria LewistravagHamza?

What's Abu Hamza got to do with it? :roll:
MCard LOLA
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad4y5xepX9Q

MiniDrivers on Magneti Marelli's claim that no-one will finish Australia GP this year :lol:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

FMecha wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad4y5xepX9Q

MiniDrivers on Magneti Marelli's claim that no-one will finish Australia GP this year :lol:

This sunday,the Monaco96 ghosts just happens to be on a ride on the paddock :mrgreen:
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

FMecha wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad4y5xepX9Q

I know they say F1 will be more unreliable this year, but that's a bit extreme.