The Lucas di Grassi Formula E Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
CoopsII

Re: The Lucas di Grassi Formula E Thread

Post by CoopsII »

I think for most of us F1 Rejecters this is THE series. Its not some ropey old racing machines hustled back into life, its brand new state of the (electronic) art gear. And, as mentioned, a brilliant mix of drivers; has-beens, might be's and wont be's. And the old Stig thrown in for good measure.

AND ITS ALL LIVE AND FREE TO WATCH IN THE UK!!!!
Just For One Day...
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Now with Jarno Trulli joining the club we have confirmed that the Formula E cars have a working power steering.

Signed,
Klon
Chief of not letting go off old jokes
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Klon wrote:Now with Jarno Trulli joining the club we have confirmed that the Formula E cars have a working power steering.

Signed,
Klon

Don't forget that with the non involvement of Nick Heidfeld we are assured that Formula E won't be slightly boring.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

DanielPT wrote:
Klon wrote:Now with Jarno Trulli joining the club we have confirmed that the Formula E cars have a working power steering.

Signed,
Klon

Don't forget that with the non involvement of Nick Heidfeld we are assured that Formula E won't be slightly boring.

Firstly, Klon made me laugh out loud. Secondly, er, Heidfeld has signed up actually :oops:
Just For One Day...
Renngeist

Post by Renngeist »

CoopsII wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

Signed,
Klon

Firstly, Klon made me laugh out loud. Secondly, er, Heidfeld has signed up actually :oops:
He has? This will be the most awesome, although slightly boring, series EVER.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Here you go, a clip of vineyard owning Jarno Trulli testing a FE car and not holding anyone up either ;)

http://www.fiaformulae.com/multimedia/trulli-drive-formula-e
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

I'll be damned, he sure did! That is one of the best slightly happy news I've received in a long time!
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

CoopsII wrote:Here you go, a clip of vineyard owning Jarno Trulli testing a FE car and not holding anyone up either ;)

Finally no power steering complaints :lol: this is trulli amazing.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Shizuka wrote:
CoopsII wrote:Here you go, a clip of vineyard owning Jarno Trulli testing a FE car and not holding anyone up either ;)

Finally no power steering complaints :lol: this is trulli amazing.

Jarno what I think? That was an awful pun :D
Just For One Day...
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

So, serious question here: I know it's still over a year away, but is anyone from the small lump of rock I call home planning to go to the London race? Something tells me that it won't cost anywhere near as much to attend a live Formula E race as it would to go to Silverstone a week or so later.

It's one of those times where I see an opportunity for far more of an F1 Rejects meet-up than ever before, and considering the talent that will be on display (hey, maybe Marussia will even allow Max Chilton a guest drive!) I think anyone who has the chance to go and doesn't is really missing out.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:So, serious question here: I know it's still over a year away, but is anyone from the small lump of rock I call home planning to go to the London race? Something tells me that it won't cost anywhere near as much to attend a live Formula E race as it would to go to Silverstone a week or so later.

It's one of those times where I see an opportunity for far more of an F1 Rejects meet-up than ever before, and considering the talent that will be on display (hey, maybe Marussia will even allow Max Chilton a guest drive!) I think anyone who has the chance to go and doesn't is really missing out.

Unless something else comes up that is unavoidable, I am planning to be there.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

dr-baker wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:So, serious question here: I know it's still over a year away, but is anyone from the small lump of rock I call home planning to go to the London race? Something tells me that it won't cost anywhere near as much to attend a live Formula E race as it would to go to Silverstone a week or so later.

27 June, 2015? I could be there. My cousin lives in London so it could be a nice time to pay him a visit. For me, this has to be planned with some months to spare, although a year and 3 months to go is a bit too soon even for me. :)
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

dr-baker wrote:

Cleared the date in my diary already. Literally no reason for anyone with a passing interest in motorsport not to go.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

CoopsII wrote:I think for most of us F1 Rejecters this is THE series. Its not some ropey old racing machines hustled back into life, its brand new state of the (electronic) art gear. And, as mentioned, a brilliant mix of drivers; has-beens, might be's and wont be's. And the old Stig thrown in for good measure.

Let me guess, its not live in AUS
Officially Retired
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

My paper copy of Autosport gets sent to my parents' home before being forwarded to me at uni, so this morning, I was flicking through the online version and saw this:

Has anybody heard of this project before? I was already thinking of going to that BTCC round, and this series seems intriguing...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

HawkAussie wrote:
CoopsII wrote:I think for most of us F1 Rejecters this is THE series. Its not some ropey old racing machines hustled back into life, its brand new state of the (electronic) art gear. And, as mentioned, a brilliant mix of drivers; has-beens, might be's and wont be's. And the old Stig thrown in for good measure.

Let me guess, its not live in AUS

Probably will be on Foxtel, thanks to that dickhead Rupert Murdoch
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

Anyone live within range of Donington Park?

The FIA Formula E Championship, the world’s first fully-electric race series, has today (April 10)confirmed that all of its official pre-season tests will be held at Donington Park circuit in the UK with free admission to fans.

Beginning on July 3, the 10 Formula E teams will be given five full test days with every one open to the public free of charge, allowing fans who pre-register via the Donington Park website unprecedented access to see and
hear the 200kw (270bhp) Spark-Renault SRT_01E single-seaters in action.

http://www.fiaformulae.com/news/test-dates-revealed
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

madmark1974 wrote:Anyone live within range of Donington Park?

The FIA Formula E Championship, the world’s first fully-electric race series, has today (April 10)confirmed that all of its official pre-season tests will be held at Donington Park circuit in the UK with free admission to fans.

Beginning on July 3, the 10 Formula E teams will be given five full test days with every one open to the public free of charge, allowing fans who pre-register via the Donington Park website unprecedented access to see and

That news also appeared on Autosport. If I am not doing my practice placement resit then, then I would be tempted to go...
MCard LOLA
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

dr-baker wrote:

That news also appeared on Autosport. If I am not doing my practice placement resit then, then I would be tempted to go...

Best part of 2.5 hours away from me, but I'd might be tempted to go over the weekend if there's loads of rejects driving.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

...and the best part of a short(ish) bus ride away from me. Håpla!
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

I know the series is city based, but are any actual track maps out yet? It's only a year away, shouldn't this be finalized by now? I can find nothing about the Miami or LA races......
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wallio wrote:I know the series is city based, but are any actual track maps out yet? It's only a year away, shouldn't this be finalized by now? I can find nothing about the Miami or LA races......

The Chinese track is the only one I have seen so far. Plus some fictitious London ones in our own Track Design Competition thread!
MCard LOLA
andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

dr-baker wrote:
Wallio wrote:I know the series is city based, but are any actual track maps out yet? It's only a year away, shouldn't this be finalized by now? I can find nothing about the Miami or LA races......

The Chinese track is the only one I have seen so far. Plus some fictitious London ones in our own Track Design Competition thread!

What about using that London concept ciruit that was banded around when the idea of a London GP was being talked about?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

andrew2209 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

What about using that London concept ciruit that was banded around when the idea of a London GP was being talked about?

Would be cool, but would need an Act of Parliament to happen.
MCard LOLA
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

I do hope the Miami race looks like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJcq8KzjKyM
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

So: potential trouble at t' mill? Rio's cancelled, LA moves to April, and the empty slot moves to February.

Maybe it'll go somewhere like Mexico?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Malaysia's track layout revealed. Better than the previously announced track in my opinion. Still keen to see what may be produced for the European rounds though.
MCard LOLA
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

dinizintheoven wrote:So: potential trouble at t' mill? Rio's cancelled, LA moves to April, and the empty slot moves to February.

Maybe it'll go somewhere like Mexico?

Given the air quality and altitude in Mexico City, the Formula E cars would probably be faster there than Formula 1.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

I haven't really been focussed on this (not even with 1/16 of an eye) so I've missed the fact that the Drivers' Club has swelled to a rather meaningless 40 drivers when only 20 seats are on offer.

But still ...

* 13 rejects (Albers, Alguersuari, D'Ambrosio, Bourdais, Buemi, Chandhok, Doornboss, Di Grassi, Liuzzi, Montagny, Pantano, Sarrazin, Senna)
* 2 honorary rejects (Karthikeyan, Sato)
* 1 son of an honorary reject (Marco Andretti)
* 3 other ex-F1 drivers (Heidfeld, Trulli, Klien ... OK, am slightly bored now)
* 1 almost-a-reject (Ma Qing Hua)

And some other interesting names (Alex Brundle, Ben Collins, Katherine Legge). Not a bad list ...
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

eytl wrote:I haven't really been focussed on this (not even with 1/16 of an eye) so I've missed the fact that the Drivers' Club has swelled to a rather meaningless 40 drivers when only 20 seats are on offer.

But still ...

* 13 rejects (Albers, Alguersuari, D'Ambrosio, Bourdais, Buemi, Chandhok, Doornboss, Di Grassi, Liuzzi, Montagny, Pantano, Sarrazin, Senna)
* 2 honorary rejects (Karthikeyan, Sato)
* 1 son of an honorary reject (Marco Andretti)
* 3 other ex-F1 drivers (Heidfeld, Trulli, Klien ... OK, am slightly bored now)
* 1 almost-a-reject (Ma Qing Hua)

And some other interesting names (Alex Brundle, Ben Collins, Katherine Legge). Not a bad list ...

Er, Enoch....you forgot Sam...
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Anyone else spot the VR01 sneakily placed at the back? ;)
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AndreaModa wrote:Image

Anyone else spot the VR01 sneakily placed at the back? ;)

Out of the corner of my eye, the planes in the top right kinda looked like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Ataxia wrote:Out of the corner of my eye, the planes in the top right kinda looked like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man...

I just tried that, and I see it too... just so you know it's not just you....
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dr-baker wrote:

Turns out that I will be free to go to the Donnington tests on 3rd July. Anybody else going?

EDIT: I have just registered on Donnington Park's website for free tickets for both the 3rd and 4th July...
MCard LOLA
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

This gets even better.

Andretti to partner with Wirth Research!

Formula E is filled with more rejects than just teams and drivers it seems.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

go_Rubens wrote:This gets even better.

Andretti Marussia Simtek!!! :D
MCard LOLA
snowdog140

Post by snowdog140 »

dr-baker wrote:

Any chance of MTV sponsorship?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

snowdog140 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Any chance of MTV sponsorship?

I hope so. That was one of the top three liveries of all time for me. (Mastercard Lola is up there too.)

ps. Welcome to the forums, Mr Snow Dog!
MCard LOLA
snowdog140

Post by snowdog140 »

Formula E is filled with more rejects than just teams and drivers it seems.[/quote]
Andretti Marussia Simtek!!! :D[/quote]

Any chance of MTV sponsorship?[/quote]
I hope so. That was one of the top three liveries of all time for me. (Mastercard Lola is up there too.)

ps. Welcome to the forums, Mr Snow Dog![/quote]

Can do nothing other than agree with that, what is the third of that group? And thank you very much, as you can see long time lurker but first time poster!