KL-Racer’s F1 Management: 2006 (SEASON FINALE UP!)

Archive for the three above subforums
roblo97

Re: KL-Racer’s F1 Management: 2006 (ROUND 8 UP/POST TEST PLA

Post by roblo97 »

Ferrari would like to plan race runs and engine power.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Prodrive will have reliability and race runs.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Midland will look into reliability and race runs.

In addition, we're giving an ultimatum to Alexandre Premat. If he doesn't find his form from GP2, then we'll have to put Sakon Yamamoto in the car.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

(Breaking the 'self-exile')

Super Aguri will opt out of the test, and would consider replacing Tagliani with any available pay-driver. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Race runs and reliability for Red Bull.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

As usual Monteiro will take Mondini's place. Toyota will test for engine power and reliability.
RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

BMW Sauber would like Engine power & Race runs, Doornbos in for Massa
Alexander Wurz is timeless and endless and eternal.
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

FMecha wrote:(Breaking the 'self-exile')

Super Aguri will opt out of the test, and would consider replacing Tagliani with any available pay-driver. :)

Okay, first the bad news, you can't opt out of the test, because I don't want to risk the Grand Prix 2 game messing up! Basically, your cars must run the test as is right now without any upgrades. Now, the good news is that you could bring in Michael Ammermuller effective right away who can afford to give you $1.5 million. Yes, it's a rather small amount but that's the best I could do for the moment.
Now posted to PMMF . . . F1 management 2011!

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

KL-racer wrote:
FMecha wrote:(Breaking the 'self-exile')

Okay, first the bad news, you can't opt out of the test, because I don't want to risk the Grand Prix 2 game messing up! Basically, your cars must run the test as is right now without any upgrades. Now, the good news is that you could bring in Michael Ammermuller effective right away who can afford to give you $1.5 million. Yes, it's a rather small amount but that's the best I could do for the moment.

OK, Tagliani out, Ammermuller in from next race (including this test) and we will do NO UPGRADES (edited June 18). :)
Last edited by FMecha on 18 Jun 2014, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Carlin won't upgrade anything, but give Enrico Toccaelo and Giorgio Pantano the chance to test if they can come up with $ 250 000 each.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
KL-racer

Re: KL-Racer’s F1 Management: 2006

Post by KL-racer »

Okay, here are the Silverstone Test Results

1 Kimi Raikkonen 1:25.198
2 Juan Pablo Montoya +0.556
3 Michael Schumacher +0.713
4 Jacques Villenueve +1.123
5 Ralf Schumacher +1.295
6 David Coulthard +1.295
7 Sebastien Bourdais +1.481
8 Christian Klien +1.524
9 Jenson Button +1.615
10 Nico Rosberg +1.745
11 Nick Heidfeld +1.748
12 Adrian Sutil +1.835
13 Robert Doornbos +2.069
14 Fernando Alonso +2.327 (Engine Problems)
15 Anthony Davidson +2.412
16 Tiago Monteiro +2.499
17 Jarno Trulli +2.675 (Engine Problems)
18 Vitantonio Liuzzi +2.990
19 Pedro De La Rosa +3.434
20 Michael Ammermuller +4.182
21 Takuma Sato +4.408
22 Alexandre Premat +5.120
23 Markus WInkelhock +5.650
24 Ernesto Viso +5.791
25 Giorgio Pantano +5.891
26 Enrico Toccaelo +7.431

Pretty eventful for a test session. Two front running cars had engine problems in Alonso and Trulli. In Addition, F1 Rookie Ammermuller ends up turning in a faster time than Sato. Finally, there was some more surprises and disappointments like both Williams in the top 10, and Prodrive experiencing a minor slump.

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned
KL-racer

Re: KL-Racer’s F1 Management: 2006 (CANADA!)

Post by KL-racer »

Round 9 Canada

Wow! The first half of the season is almost over already! Here’s the recap from Montreal.

Qualifying Results

1 Fernando Alonso 1:21.880
2 Jarno Trulli +0.387
3 Kimi Raikkonen +0.575
4 Juan Pablo Montoya +0.871
5 Michael Schumacher +0.874
6 Ralf Schumacher +1.072
7 Jacques Villenueve +1.456
8 Sebastian Vettel +1.497
9 Sebastien Bourdais +1.644
10 David Coulthard +1.653
11 Mark Webber +1.744
12 Christian Klien +1.792
13 Nick Heidfeld +1.935
14 Felipe Massa +2.082
15 Jenson Button +2.136
16 NIco Rosberg +2.271
17 Pedro De La Rosa +2.428
18 Alexandre Premat +2.523
19 Anthony Davidson +2.667
20 Vitantonio Liuzzi +2.994
21 Michael Ammermuller +4.022
22 Giorgio Mondini +4.227
23 Takuma Sato +4.318
24 Markus WInkelhock +5.476
25 Narain Kartthikeyan +5.572
26 Pastor Maldonado +5.682

Guess the double engine upgrade from Renault worked out for the time being. Alonso claims pole and Vettel will start 8th. Oddly enough, the top 20 cars are separated by 3 seconds, but outside of them, the six backmarkers remain your typical suspects.

Race summary

Trulli got the holeshot and it wasn’t until lap 19, when we see our first retirement, Sato’s engine blew up on the pit straight. Mondini was also out on lap 25. On lap 43, Webber started having problems with brakes, but he managed to adjust brake bias to get around it. On lap 52, Liuzzi’s BMW engine let go on the pit straight. On Lap 55, Ralf in the other Toyota had suspension problems and had to retire. On Lap 57, Rosberg crashed hard at the wall of champions, suffering a sprained ankle. As a result, he will miss the next race at Indianapolis. While this was going on, Heidfeld had to retire as well. Ammermuller’s f1 debut Race ended with a transmission failure with a dozen laps left to go. On lap 62, Coulthard’s engine blew up. With 5 laps left to go, Kimi’s engine let go while running in 3rd down the back straight. Moments later, Klien’s engine blew up as well at the same exact spot on the track! In the end Alonso won over Trulli and M. Schumacher. Webber despite having issues with brakes, somehow gets 7th. It wasn’t all that bad at Williams, Button just missed out on Williams’ first points of the season with a 9th place finish. Now the question becomes, what would takagi_for_the_win do to replace Rosberg for the next round?

Race Results
1 Fernando Alonso 1:39:12.410
2 Jarno Trulli +23.942
3 Michael Schumacher +53.281
4 Juan Pablo Montoya +1:02.102
5 Sebastian Vettel 1 lap
6 Jacques Villenueve 1 lap
7 Mark Webber 1 lap
8 Felipe Massa 1 lap
9 Jenson Button 1 lap
10 Pedro De La Rosa 2 laps
11 Anthony Davidson 2 laps
12 Markus WInkelhock 4 laps
13 Pastor Maldonado 4 laps
14 Narain Karthikeyan 4 laps
DNF Christian Klien Engine
DNF Alexandre Premat Suspension
DNF Kimi Raikkonen Engine
DNF David Coulthard Engine
DNF Nick Heidfeld Puncture
DNF Michael Ammermuller Transmission
DNF NIco Rosberg Accident
DNF Ralf Schumacher Suspension
DNF VItantonio Liuzzi Engine
DNF Sebasiten Bourdais Suspension
DNF Giorgio mondini Suspension
DNF Takuma Sato Engine

Fastest Lap: Jarno Trulli 1:23.230

ROTR: Nico Rosberg, for being the next unlucky victim of the wall of champions!

Paddock News:

FIA is 100% committed to not expanding the grid past 13 teams

The FIA has decided that in able to guarantee all of the cars would race moving forward, they will not add a 14th team which is mostly thought to be Spyker. This decision means that Spyker only have three options to enter in 2007

1. Buy an existing team (ex. Super Aguri, would be the team that are struggling with finances the most but requires approval from both Fmecha and myself.)
2. Wait for any existing team to go bankrupt and a spot would open up for their new team (Very slim chance happening mid-season, but more likely to happen during the off-season.)
3. Ditch their intentions to enter a new team, and supply their engines to 1 current team for 2007 (the most likely route for them to do)

Williams are regretting their decision not to sign a test driver before the season started

With Rosberg out for the next race, this chance would be perfect for Williams to sign a replacement driver for Rosberg for 1 race, and afterwards use that driver as a test/reserve. However, the list of drivers available with F1 experience are rather slim outside of Rubens Barrichello, GC Fisichella and Christian Albers. They could also bring in a F1 rookie like Scott Speed, Heikki Kolvalainen or almost any GP2 driver. According to Sir Frank Williams, “Ever since the Rosberg injury, I have many phone calls to the factory asking for the vacant driver seat and what we want from that driver is the ability to score points at Indy, even if it's just one point, doing so will help our finances for next year.”

takagi_for_the_win

Re: KL-Racer’s F1 Management: 2006 (CANADA RESULTS UP!)

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Williams will just auction off the seat to any old pay-driver. Gotta get them cash monies :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Autosport wrote:Midland to release Premat

French driver Alexandre Premat has been released by the Midland F1 Team following a number of poor performances. Premat has been completely outclassed by team-mate Jarno Trulli within the Mercedes-powered outfit. Sakon Yamamoto will take driving duties for the team at the next race at Indianapolis, before the team install a new full-time driver for the rest of the season. It is believed that this will be GP2 runner-up Heikki Kovalainen.

Yeah, we're gonna pay off the rest of Premat's contract and bid 500k for Kovalainen to be our driver post-US Grand Prix.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
takagi_for_the_win

Actually, if Albers can come up with 250k, he can drive at Indianapolis.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Ataxia wrote:

French driver Alexandre Premat has been released by the Midland F1 Team following a number of poor performances. Premat has been completely outclassed by team-mate Jarno Trulli within the Mercedes-powered outfit. Sakon Yamamoto will take driving duties for the team at the next race at Indianapolis, before the team install a new full-time driver for the rest of the season. It is believed that this will be GP2 runner-up Heikki Kovalainen.

Yeah, we're gonna pay off the rest of Premat's contract and bid 500k for Kovalainen to be our driver post-US Grand Prix.

If you give Ferrari 500k, we will give you Marc Gene and free engines for next season.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Prodrive is willing to give Scott Speed a chance at the next grand prix if he comes up with money for the seat. If this is possible, Winkelhock is the driver to be replaced.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

roblomas52 wrote:
Ataxia wrote:

If you give Ferrari 500k, we will give you Marc Gene and free engines for next season.

Wow, that's quite a deal...if KL-racer clears it, then I'm ready to do that.
takagi_for_the_win

roblomas52 wrote:If you give Ferrari 500k, we will give you Marc Gene and free engines for next season.

Williams are very interested in this scheme and would like to participate, minus Mr Gene obviously.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Okay, after reading through the few recent posts here's what I determined.

Regarding Scott Speed driving for Prodrive: He approves the offer and will give $500,000 to Prodrive for his home race.

Regarding Mark Gene: Since Williams didn't want any part of Gene but wanting Free Ferrari engines without taking on Gene's Contract their offer was denied. However, Midland wants the free Ferrari engines and Gene, so Midland does indeed gets Gene and Free Ferrari engines for 2007 for $500k. Yamamoto will drive the second MIdland at the USA GP, but after that, who know what Ataxia would do?

So, therefore, WIlliams will have to settle for Christian Albers paying them $250k for the next race.

Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Prodrive accepts the 500k and grants Speed the drive for his home race. :)

takagi_for_the_win

KL-racer wrote:Regarding Mark Gene: Since Williams didn't want any part of Gene but wanting Free Ferrari engines without taking on Gene's Contract their offer was denied.

No, we would've been happy to take Gene but he'd been offered to Midland. We would still like to remain in negotiations with Ferrari with regards to the negotiations, and we'd be happy to take on another of their stooges, preferably one that hasn't been all but signed by another team.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Yeah, we'll put Gene in the car for the rest of the season and take the free engines for 2007.
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
KL-racer wrote:Regarding Mark Gene: Since Williams didn't want any part of Gene but wanting Free Ferrari engines without taking on Gene's Contract their offer was denied.

No, we would've been happy to take Gene but he'd been offered to Midland. We would still like to remain in negotiations with Ferrari with regards to the negotiations, and we'd be happy to take on another of their stooges, preferably one that hasn't been all but signed by another team.

Okay, I understand that you are probably looking to ditch that Cosworth V8 for 2007, anyway. If Luca Badoer wasn't signed by Toro Rosso as their tester, it would be problem solved! But, that's not the case, the only names I could think of that could draw Ferrari's attention are Rubens Barrichello and GC Fisichella. But I am not so sure, if you want Rosberg to be relegated to reserve driver for the rest of 2006 if you do this. Of course, it's up to you to decide.

takagi_for_the_win

KL-racer wrote:

Okay, I understand that you are probably looking to ditch that Cosworth V8 for 2007, anyway. If Luca Badoer wasn't signed by Toro Rosso as their tester, it would be problem solved! But, that's not the case, the only names I could think of that could draw Ferrari's attention are Rubens Barrichello and GC Fisichella. But I am not so sure, if you want Rosberg to be relegated to reserve driver for the rest of 2006 if you do this. Of course, it's up to you to decide.

I'd gnaw my arm off if it meant that we got cut-price, high quality engines. :P So with Mr Lomas' blessing, this deal can go ahead?
TORA! TORA! TORA!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

KL-racer wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:No, we would've been happy to take Gene but he'd been offered to Midland. We would still like to remain in negotiations with Ferrari with regards to the negotiations, and we'd be happy to take on another of their stooges, preferably one that hasn't been all but signed by another team.

I'd gnaw my arm off if it meant that we got cut-price, high quality engines. :P So with Mr Lomas' blessing, this deal can go ahead?

Which driver were you thinking of?
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

takagi_for_the_win

roblomas52 wrote:

Which driver were you thinking of?

I don't really mind to be honest- who are you willing to get rid of?
TORA! TORA! TORA!
andrew

Post by andrew »

I'll go on the waiting list
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Sorry, about the delay, I had been job searching over the last couple weeks. So, after doing some calculations in GP2edit, it turns out that Rubens Barrichello will be slightly faster than GC Fisichella by 0.12%. So, if roblomas52 is okay with it, Rubens will be in the WIlliams-Cosworth just for the race at Indy. FYI, he would bring in $1 million to Williams if the deal goes through.

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

KL-racer wrote:Sorry, about the delay, I had been job searching over the last couple weeks. So, after doing some calculations in GP2edit, it turns out that Rubens Barrichello will be slightly faster than GC Fisichella by 0.12%. So, if roblomas52 is okay with it, Rubens will be in the WIlliams-Cosworth just for the race at Indy. FYI, he would bring in $1 million to Williams if the deal goes through.

Ferrari approve Rubens in the car for Indy.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

KL-racer

Re: KL-Racer’s F1 Management: 2006 (USA!)

Post by KL-racer »

Round 10 USA!

Welcome to the good old USA! Tons of movement has happened since last time! Rubens Barrichello replaces Rosberg for this race, while Rosberg recovers from his injury in Canada. Hopefully, Williams will get Ferrari engines at a modest discount for 2007. Meanwhile, Scott Speed will make his F1 debut in his home country for Prodrive. Too bad, it’s only for one race. And in an effort to gain some points from their #2 driver, Midland decided to cut Premat in return comes ex-ferrari test driver Mark Gene to race for Midland-Mercedes for the remainder of the season. What’s better is that Midland will officially use Ferrari engines for the 2007 season at no-cost in exchange for $0.5 million to Ferrari!

So, here’s the recap and by the way, the tires looks like it will hold up for the whole race, unlike in 2005!

Qualifying Results

1 Fernando Alonso 1:11.182
2 Jarno Trulli +0.059
3 Ralf Schumacher +0.554
4 Kimi Raikkonen +0.601
5 Juan Pablo Montoya +0.608
6 Michael Schumacher +0.692
7 Rubens Barrichello +0.941
8 Jacques Villeneuve +1.076
9 David Coulthard +1.281
10 Nick Heidfeld +1.326
11 Jenson Button +1.368
12 Christian Klien +1.378
13 Mark Webber +1.410
14 Sebastien Bourdais +1.448
15 Pedro De La Rosa +1.548
16 Sebastian Vettel +1.578
17 Felipe Massa +1.670
18 Anthony Davidson +2.136
19 Mark Gene +2.440
20 VItantonio Liuzzi +2.512
21 Scott Speed +2.729
22 Michael Ammermuller +3.539
23 Takuma Sato +4.014
24 Giorgio Mondini +4.220
25 Narain Karthikeyan +5.149
26 Pastor Maldonado +5.496

Maybe Rubens will ignite the Williams team, he qualified 7th. Now if the car can just finish in the points! At least Gene seemed faster than Premat, but he starts 19th. And Speed, will start 21st in his F1 debut.

Race summary

On the first lap, Sato spun out of Turn 6, but he was able to continue. On lap 3, Massa’s BMW engine blew up on the back straight. On the next lap, Vettel suffered a brake failure at the end of the back straight and crashed out. Soon afterwards, De La Rosa started having brake issues as well, but he somehow finished with brake bias towards the rear for the rest of the race. On Lap 9, Heidfeld made an early pit stop for a software glitch. On Lap 11, Sato’s day went from Bad to worse, his left-front tire suffered a puncture, but he made it back safely. On lap 13, Webber spun off at turn 11. He dropped down to 22nd. The next lap, Scott Speed’s debut ended with a transmission issue. On Lap 18, Alonso crashed while trying to lap slower traffic. He was leading the race at that time. On Lap 21, Karthikeyan lost his front wing. On Lap 29, Montoya’s Ferrari suffered a glitch and had to pit. On Lap 34, Ralf suffered a puncture while running 3rd. On lap 45, Bourdais retired. The next lap, Ammermuller’s Honda engine failed. On Lap 52, Klien’s Honda engine also let go, while running 8th. On Lap 60, Davidson spun off at turn 4 and he spun out of the double hairpin on the very same lap! On Lap 64, Gene had a software glitch and had to pit late. With 6 laps to go, M. Schumacher’s engine let go from 3rd. With 4 laps to go, Liuzzi failed to finish. At the end of the day, Trulli barely held on for the win over Kimi and Rubens scored a Podium finish for Williams! Juan Pablo finished 4th and Button in the other Williams finished 5th. Villenueve, Heidfeld and De la Rosa finish off the points paying positions.

Race Results

1 Jarno Trulli 1:34:29.026
2 Kimi Raikkonen +2.271
3 Rubens Barrichello +1:11.235
4 Juan Pablo Montoya 1 lap
5 Jenson Button 1 lap
7 Nick Heidfeld 1 lap
8 Pedro De La Rosa 1 lap
9 David Coulthard 1 lap
10 Mark Webber 2 laps
11 Mark Gene 3 laps
12 Takuma Sato 4 laps
13 Giorgio Mondini 4 laps
14 Anthony Davidson 4 laps
DNF Michael Schumacher Engine
DNF Vitantonio Liuzzi Transmission
DNF Christian Klien Engine
DNF Sebasiten Borudais Puncture
DNF Michael Ammermuller Engine
DNF Ralf Schumacher Puncture
DNF Narian Karthikeyan Engine
DNF Fernando Alonso Accident
DNF Scott Speed Transmission
DNF Pastor Maldonado Accident
DNF Sebasitan Vettel Accident
DNF Felipe Massa Engine

ROTR: Anthony Davidson, for spinning off the track twice on the same lap!

Fastest Lap: Fernando Alonso 1:14.952

Paddock News:

Williams to keep Barrichello in the car for the remainder of the season?

Despite their cars finishing 3rd and 5th in the USA. Frank Williams now has a tough decision to make, do you keep Barrichello for the rest of the season and pay him his $1 million back, or does Sir Frank put Rosberg back in the car after being fully recovered from his injury at Canada? Ferrari is putting the pressure on Williams to keep Barrichello in the car for the remainder of the season. Either way, takagi_for_the_win will have a tough decision to make!

Prodrive looking for a better engine for 2007, after De La Rosa scores another point at USA!

With Midland deciding to go for the Free Ferrari engines for 2007, and therefore ending their relationship with Mercedes after their first season in F1 after buying out the Jordan team. Prodrive is in prime position to get the Mercedes engine for 2007. Regarding the matter, David Richards said that “we are looking to get rid of the Cosworth V8 anyway we can. If we somehow get the Mercedes engine, we will probably establish our position as a legit upper mid-field team for 2007.” Right now, Prodrive has three points and are trending upwards.

Anthony Davidson on the hot seat at Toro Rosso?

After winning ROTR for a second time and the team scoring its third ROTR award this season. There are rumors swirling around that BMW will not supply Toro Rosso Engines for 2007 unless the team starts acting like a professional outfit. Regarding the matter, Franz Tost said, “We are seriously looking at giving Luca Badoer a chance at Monza at the very least in the car replacing Davidson, if he continues to be rather foolish.” In regards of having to switch engines for 2007, Tost simply said, “this is simply not the time to be talking silly season around here!”

Super Aguri close to be sold to Spyker for 2007?

Despite a 12th by Sato, there is a feeling in the paddock that Spyker will somehow buy out Super Aguri after all at a tune of $15-25 million on the condition that Christian Albers has a role at the team. Albers was considered to be Rosberg’s injury sub at Williams until Barrichello provided $1 million to Williams F1 for the USA GP. Regarding missing out on the chance to drive for Williams, Albers said “I’m disappointed but I am still looking forward on a second chance to prove myself in F1.”

Miguel98

Re: KL-Racer’s F1 Management: 2006 (USA RESULTS UP!)

Post by Miguel98 »

Prodrive will be looking forward to get those Mercedes engines for 2007, looking at how the Cosworth units have disappointed in terms of reliability.

The point added by De La Rosa is another great plus. Also, Wurz will be back on the seat for the next race.

Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: KL-Racer’s F1 Management: 2006 (USA RESULTS UP!)

Post by Wallio »

DC is getting smoked. Can't say I saw that coming....at all. Still, points are points.

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
KL-racer

Re: KL-Racer’s F1 Management: 2006 (FRENCH GP RESULTS UP!)

Post by KL-racer »

Round 11 France

We return back to Europe, this time for the French GP. The biggest stories after the USA GP were that Rubens Barrichello will drive the Williams for the remainder of the season and Wurz is back in the #2 car for Prodrive. Here’s the recap

Qualifying results

1 Fernando Alonso 1:16.960
2 Jarno Trulli +0.317
3 Kimi Raikkonen +0.453
4 Juan Pablo Montoya +0.732
5 Michael Schumacher +0.834
6 Ralf Schumacher +0.867
7 Sebastian Vettel +1.285
8 Jacques Villeneuve +1.373
9 David Coulthard +1.382
10 Rubens Barrichello +1.430
11 Sebastien Bourdais +1.435
12 Nick Heidfeld +1.594
13 Mark Webber +1.665
14 Christian Klien +1.784
15 Felipe Massa +1.835
16 Jenson Button +1.932
17 Mark Gene +2.193
18 Pedro De La Rosa +2.294
19 Anthony Davidson +2.520
20 VItantonio Liuzzi +2.705
21 Alexander Wurz +3.254
22 Michael Ammermuller +3.588
23 Giorgio Mondini +3.807
24 Takuma Sato +3.939
25 Narain Karthikeyan +5.048
26 Pastor Maldonado +5.456

Race summary

On Lap 8, Massa’s Engine blew up on the back straight. On Lap 22, Heidfeld’s engine also blew up! On Lap 31, Montoya’s lost his front wing while trying to lap slower traffic and three engines blew up in succession, Coulthard, Button and Kimi’s engines all gave up the ghost! One lap later, Webber’s engine also gave up from 8th. Other than that, it was rather mundane at best. Alonso won by half a minute over Trulli and M. Schumacher rounds off the podium. Gene just missed out on a point by finishing 9th. Davidson redeemed himself for the time being by finishing 10th.

Race Results

1 Fernando Alonso 1:36:25.117
2 Jarno Trulli +31.649
3 Michael Schuamcher +50.819
4 Ralf Schumacher +51.245
5 Juan Pablo Montoya +1:13.040
7 Rubens Barrichello 1 lap
8 Sebastien Bourdais 1 lap
9 Mark Gene 2 laps
10 Anthony Davidson 2 laps
11 Pedro De La Rosa 2 laps
12 Alexander Wurz 2 laps
13 Giorgio Mondini 3 laps
14 Michael Ammermuller 3 laps
15 Takuma Sato 3 laps
16 Pastor Maldonado 4 laps
DNF Narain Karthikeyan Suspension
DNF Mark Webber Engine
DNF Jenson Button Engine
DNF David Coulthard Engine
DNF Nick Heidfeld Engine
DNF Christian Klien Suspension
DNF Felipe Massa Engine
DNF Sebastian Vettel Suspension
DNF VItantonio Liuzzi Accident

Fastest Lap: Fernando Alonso 1:20.623

ROTR: Engine Unreliability! With 6 engine blowups in one race, some would wonder how many more could blow up if the race was any longer than it was!

FYI, since I haven’t heard anything from RonDenisDeletraz and East Londoner in a long time. McLaren will now be taken over by DeletrazFTW and Toro Rosso will be taken over by V8Fan12. So, welcome these two people into the fun and wish them luck!

In addition, after the Round at Hockenheim, there will be the third and final in-season test, so start planning your final upgrade plans.

Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Engine and Race Run Updates for Red Bull, and DC is officially on the hot seat......

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Renault will put a double focus on Reliability, with Alonso and Sutil driving.
RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

Testing for more power x2, with Heidfeld & Doornbos
Alexander Wurz is timeless and endless and eternal.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

We'll put our focus on qualifying pace for this last test. Let's hope for a few race long Trulli-trains...
KL-racer

Re: KL-Racer’s F1 Management: 2006 (GERMAN GP RESULTS UP!)

Post by KL-racer »

Round 12

So, we are back in Germany, this time at Hockenheim. To be honest with you guys, I don’t like the current layout as much but at least it’s safer than the old one right? So, here’s the recap!

Qualifying results

1 Fernando Alonso 1:17.056
2 Kimi Raikkonen +0.173
3 Jarno Trulli +0.177
4 Ralf Schumacher +0.619
5 Michael Schumacher +0.794
6 Juan Pablo Montoya +0.825
7 Rubens Barrichello +1.180
8 Jacques Villenueve +1.360
9 Christian Klien +1.538
10 Mark Webber +1.575
11 David Coulthard +1.578
12 Jenson Button +1.620
13 Sebastien Bourdais +1.676
14 Nick Heidfeld +1.703
15 Sebastian Vettel +1.798
16 Felipe Massa +1.929
17 Pedro De La Rosa +2.006
18 Anthony Davidson +2.453
19 Mark Gene +2.771
20 Viatntonio Liuzzi +2.938
21 Alexander Wurz +3.247
22 Michael Ammermuller +4.076
23 Takuma Sato +4.464
24 Giorgio Mondini +4.552
25 Narain Karthikeyan +5.654
26 Pastor Maldonado +5.999

Race Summary:

Trulli got the holeshot into turn 1. On lap 26, M Schumacher damaged his front wing while trying to get through slower traffic at the hairpin. With 5 laps to go, Kimi’s engine let go through the arena section, he was in 3rd at that time. Other than 4 total retirements it was almost a complete joke for Alonso, who wins again, this time 15 seconds ahead of Trulli and 34 seconds ahead of R. Schumacher. M. Schumacher just missed out on a point despite his earlier mistake, he ended up 9th.

Race Results:

1 Fernando Alonso 1:31:21.064
2 Jarno Trulli +15.316
3 Ralf Schumacher +34.307
4 Juan Pablo Montoya +41.053
5 Christian Klien 1 lap
7 Nick Heidfeld 1 lap
8 Mark Webber 1 lap
9 Michael Schumacher 1 lap
10 David Coulthard 1 lap
11 Jenson Button 1 lap
12 Sebastien Bourdais 1 lap
13 Pedro De La Rosa 1 lap
14 Felipe Massa 1 lap
15 Anthony Davidson 2 laps
16 Mark Gene 2 laps
17 Alexander Wurz 2 laps
18 Vitantonio Liuzzi 3 laps
19 Michael Ammermuller 3 laps
20 Takuma Sato 4 laps
21 Giorgio Mondini 4 laps
22 Pastor Maldonado 5 laps
DNF Narain Karthikeyan Engine
DNF Rubens Barrichello Suspension
DNF Sebastian Vettel Suspension

ROTR: Giorgio Mondini, are you sure he’s driving the same vehicle that Ralf Schumacher managed a couple podiums this season?

Fastest Lap: Fernando Alonso 1:19.533

Paddock News:

Tiago Montiero: “I want to race for Toyota or else I will look elsewhere on the F1 grid or move to DTM!”

In an interview with the BBC, Tiago Monteiro started to rant on Toyota in regards of not giving him a race seat despite Mondini looking at times absolutely horrible in the car. Monteiro said “If you think about it, I want to race in the car that Ralf Schumacher managed a podium a couple times this season. I’m saying this up front right now, it’s me in the car for the remainder of the season or else I will be out of the team looking for someone else to give me a race seat for next season or else I will be moving to DTM, it’s that simple. I am obviously turning in better lap times during both in-season tests than Mondini did during qualifying.”

Luca Badoer to replace Davidson at Istanbul and Monza?

There is a growing amount of desperation at Toro Rosso to just get a point on the board. With BMW 75% likely to stop their supply of engines to them. Franz Tost has been throwing around ideas to get a single point on the board, he’s currently contemplating the idea that Badoer should get a chance at Istanbul and Monza. In addition, they are in talks with GC Fisichella, who started his F1 career with them, when they used to be called Minardi in 1996 and Christian Albers, who in theory would be included in a package with Spyker engines for 2007 but they would have to sell the team to Spyker for that deal to happen.

Ferrari doesn’t want to be supplying more than 2 customer teams for 2007

With Midland already getting their free Ferrari engines for 2007 and Williams in talks to get a discount on Ferrari’s Engine. The press at Italy are saying that Ferrari will not supply more than 2 customer teams and their own team for 2007. That news is bad for Red Bull because they will have to look elsewhere for engines.

FIA will not expand the calendar past 18 races.

Meanwhile, the FIA has announced some details regarding the 2007 race calendar. It will be capped at 18 rounds, because of the tiring nature of the championship on team staff. In terms of the calendar itself, the FIA stated that Hockenheim will be removed and Spa will be back on the calendar. In regards of the exact order, Max Mosley said “it’s yet to be determined what the order would be, but when we are satisfied with the order, we will announce it.”

As a remainder, if you haven’t posted your upgrade plans for the final in-season test, you will have 72 hours from the time of this post to do so.

Miguel98

Re: KL-Racer’s F1 Management: 2006 (GERMAN GP RESULTS UP!)

Post by Miguel98 »

Prodrive demands more Power and Qualifying Pace.