We Must Appreciate Force India......

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Nin13

We Must Appreciate Force India......

Post by Nin13 »

......... for the fact that they are within 1.4s of top team.
That's taking into account Q1 laptimes fron Bahrain GP where they were just 1.4s off Red Bull/ Toyota's pace.

Normally, you would have expected team like them to be 3-4s off pace after such a big rule change, atleast I expected them to. But they have really done good job.
Any other normal season they would have been 5th best team.

Those Force India guys back in Silverstone, Northamptonshire are really doing great job right now.

Now they need to dump Fisichella and take a talented driver.

BTW I think Mercedes engine and Mclaren gearbox have helped them as far as reliability is concerned.
MICHAEL SCHUMACHER FAN.
StoneColdSpider

Re: We Must Appreciate Force India......

Post by StoneColdSpider »

yeap they are doing good...
but they cant get any better... or they will escape rejectdom and we will have to stop supporting them!!!
Im a sarcastic perverted tourist robbing Australian convict

"I want to grab Nick Fry and beat 3 shades of *BEEP* out of him
and have him rotating slowly over a spit!"
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

They deserve a bit of luck somewhere. Sutil's going to have to score a point for them eventually, surely?
Fitch

Post by Fitch »

Sutil is going to have to step it up, especially if they want any results.......Fisi has this problem where he seems to only be as fast as his team mate is......When he was with Alonso he was up there fighting for the wins like Fernando, when he became #1 he went back to the mid-back field..........

It's almost as if, either he doesn't know how to setup a car and just drives other peoples setups..or he has no way of knowing how fast he's supposed to go, so he gauges it off of his Team mates......
Rentragmuab Tlosz!!!!!
Stormwind

Post by Stormwind »

Well I don't like Force India to be honest, But I do appreciate them. They're one of the few independant teams left in Formula 1, though thankfully with the withdrawal of Honda, we have a new Independant with Brawn GP, and it's nice to see an independant team doing well but this is not something to take for granted, who's to say who will catch up later this year? Thankfully Ferrari seems to be having loads of trouble. After being rather spoiled duriong the grooved tyre ers (god I'm so glad to see it gone.) naturally crying like babies because they're not winning this year.

I can remember during the days of Alesi and Berger at Ferrari, I wanted Ferrari to be up front so much so I could see those two perform alot better. But beware of what you wish for cause Ferrari in the Schumacher, Todt, Brawn and Byrne era because a heartless team. Yes they became successful but it's the equivalent of selling your soul to the devil really. They weren't my favourite team during the Alesi/Berger era, but I did like them alot, still had heart in racing back then.

But it's nice to see a struggling team trying to improve, Though I don't know if Force India can qualify as having heart.
Nin13

Force India to debut KERS in Germany

Post by Nin13 »

Force India to debut KERS in Germany-
The Force India team will not make use of its Kinetic Energy Recovery System until the German Grand Prix at the Nürburgring, according to team boss Vijay Mallya. The Indian squad debuted its first version of a double diffuser in China although, like five other teams, is yet to reveal its version of KERS.

"Right now, the focus is on getting the Barcelona upgrade on the car and ready to race," Mallya explained to GPWeek. "Then we have another upgrade in Monaco and then in Germany we will introduce KERS, because the car is KERS enabled and we have a contract with Mercedes," he confirmed, with the German race scheduled for 12 July.

The McLaren KERS device, also manufactured by Mercedes, is widely viewed as the best example of the new system on the grid to date, having started development in 2007. "I think it is important that we are respectable," Mallya added, stressing the importance of regular updates. "We're not just some minnows sitting at the back of the grid following everyone else around - we're racing."

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/05/ ... n-germany/
MICHAEL SCHUMACHER FAN.
IntegratorTypeR

Post by IntegratorTypeR »

I'd appreciate them more if they had a better name. A name that would make it easier to say out aloud on a podcast, say in an overly exaggerated way for effect ala Sssssssssssssssssssoooopah Aguri!!!
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Their official logo says Force 1ndia, so I always say "Force Onedia". It rolls off the tounge a little better.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Massive respect for those people, regularly performing this year. That break is going to happen and I, for once, will get up to cheer then. After the whole farce of going from Jordan to Midland to Spyker, I hope they now find some calmer waters and take the fight back to... huh... Ferrari. :lol:
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
rffp

Post by rffp »

I started following F-1 back in 1983, and the backmarkers were usually Osella (of course), RAM, Theodore and other Rejects. These teams were 5+ seconds slower than the top teams, when they ended a race, they were lapped 3 or 4 times usually. So yes, Force India must be very appreciated for their efforts despite the fact that they are usually at the bottom, except when BMW Sauber screws up!

Stormwind wrote:But it's nice to see a struggling team trying to improve, Though I don't know if Force India can qualify as having heart.

That team lost its heart in 2005 when Midland took over unfortunately.
A fan of Roberto Pupo Moreno, the one and only, the legend!
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

Their official logo says Force 1ndia, so I always say "Force Onedia". {Yannick - 3 comments ago}

I still catch myself almost saying/typing "Jordan". Some old habits do not fade easily. I think your nickname for the team is kind of cute, though :)

Massive respect for those people, regularly performing this year. That break is going to happen and I, for once, will get up to cheer then. {CarlosFerreria - 2 posts ago}

Me too. I've been a Force India supporter since Spain 1998 (when, of course, it was Jordan; I guess from the avatar that CarlosFerreria's support of FI dates back to the Jordan days too). Much of the core of the team dates back from before all the name changes and I sense the spirit (if not the luck) is coming back. I, perhaps foolishly, told a friend in a chat room that there'd be multiple points for Force India in Monaco, but it would be a much-deserved break and I don't feel quite as daft thinking this as I did when thinking Force India might score one point at the same race last year...
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Alianora La Canta wrote:I've been a Force India supporter since Spain 1998 (when, of course, it was Jordan; I guess from the avatar that CarlosFerreria's support of FI dates back to the Jordan days too). Much of the core of the team dates back from before all the name changes and I sense the spirit (if not the luck) is coming back. I, perhaps foolishly, told a friend in a chat room that there'd be multiple points for Force India in Monaco, but it would be a much-deserved break and I don't feel quite as daft thinking this as I did when thinking Force India might score one point at the same race last year...

Yup, that's Tiago in the good old days. I would put a Leon TDi there, but would probably get shouted into changing it.

Those guys have been through some very rough roads, all the time from Eddie Jordan's last 3 years or so, so now they have a serious person heading the teams (I'm assuming Mr Vijay Mallya wouldn't have put together the kind of business empire he has if he wasn't serious and seriously committed to what he gets himself in), and something in the way of stability, they will get that break. I also have a bit of faith in Sutil, he's no Hamilton but he's serious business.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
UberOwnage

Post by UberOwnage »

Well Sutil was Hamilton's F3 team mate.

I sure am happy that The Force has been progressing quite nicely. These days you don't know who the hell is stuck at the back.
NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITON.
Waris

Post by Waris »

UberOwnage wrote:Well Sutil was Hamilton's F3 team mate.

I sure am happy that The Force has been progressing quite nicely. These days you don't know who the hell is stuck at the back.

The Force! Now there's a nickname! :lol:
Also, there isn't anyone clearly stuck at the back, the field is way too tight. Which is good for the spectacle, but we need at least one reject team, I think.

Also, they are still the team they were when they were Jordan, of course, and I think they do have retained at least a little bit of the spirit, albeit now with an added Indian flavour. I didn't like Midland, because Alex Shnaider failed as a team owner - he seemed to only be in the sport for himself - but when the Spyker boys took over it got better again, because they had a heart for racing. With Vijay Mallya it's even better, because he has heart for the sport and money. Also, replacing Colin Kolles with himself as team principal was a necessary decision, I think, because the sympathetic dentist didn't appear to know how to run a team well. At first I thought it'd've been better if Vijay had appointed someone more experienced in racing, but he seems to be pretty good at it himself. Also now with the McLaren/Mercedes cooperation, they've professionalised even further. I can see them be succesful, eventually. I hope for that, because it would mean a return to the old Jordan days.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS