Congratulations to F1Rejects

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
alvaro3d

Congratulations to F1Rejects

Post by alvaro3d »

I've just finish reading your China review and as usual is an excellent lecture that you can't find anywhere else, something written by real F1 fans.

Also would like to mention that the timing for the forum couldn't be better considering the outstanding start of the season and that allows us to share all our thougts with a fanbase that seems very very happy with this season.

Well that's it for now, thanks a lot to Jamie and Enoch for this great site, I hope to see you guys on BBC/ITV in charge of a full season someday.

Greetings
Alvaro Flores
thehemogoblin

Re: Congratulations to F1Rejects

Post by thehemogoblin »

alvaro3d wrote:I've just finish reading your China review and as usual is an excellent lecture that you can't find anywhere else, something written by real F1 fans.

Also would like to mention that the timing for the forum couldn't be better considering the outstanding start of the season and that allows us to share all our thougts with a fanbase that seems very very happy with this season.

Well that's it for now, thanks a lot to Jamie and Enoch for this great site, I hope to see you guys on BBC/ITV in charge of a full season someday.

Greetings
Alvaro Flores

+1, my friend.

I couldn't agree more. I love the commentary you get from this site. It's just top-notch. I've yet to find columnists that I enjoy more for Formula One than Enoch and Jamie.

... and I'm a journalism major (at one of the more prestigious journalism schools in America, to self-promote for a second), so I know a good column when I see one.
KSvt

Post by KSvt »

I concur--like thehemogoblin, I'm the rare F1 fan in the motorsports wasteland of the U.S. Pacific Northwest, so the podcasts from Enoch and Jamie are about as close as I come to talking over F1 events over a pint as I'm going to get. Though it doesn't make me crazy that sometimes I talk back to them while listening to the podcast on the bus, does it?
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

KSvt wrote:I concur--like thehemogoblin, I'm the rare F1 fan in the motorsports wasteland of the U.S. Pacific Northwest, so the podcasts from Enoch and Jamie are about as close as I come to talking over F1 events over a pint as I'm going to get. Though it doesn't make me crazy that sometimes I talk back to them while listening to the podcast on the bus, does it?

Motorsports wasteland indeed. Apart from the old Champ Car race at PIR (which is now gone... f*** you, Tony George), there really isn't anything up here at all.

That's where they should totally go for F1... Portland International Raceway would be great for that... other than that whole "the first turn is an absolute c*u*t*rf**k" thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portland_I ... al_Raceway
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

KSvt wrote:Though it doesn't make me crazy that sometimes I talk back to them while listening to the podcast on the bus, does it?

:roll: That might make two of us. My problem here is being in a University town, where nobody gives the slightest damn about motorsport in any shape of form. So, best of feelings, I'm with you, they'd better get me a padded cell next to yours!
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

That sounds like where I live! Apart from my parents, nobody here has really cared about motorsport since 1999. As late as 2006 I was asked what team Damon Hill was driving for that year (telling them he'd retired some time before was something of a conversation-stopper...) Some of my friends have heard of Lewis Hamilton, but only because it was all over the news when the FIA fined McLaren $100m for no apparent reason (at least to them). Button, to them, is something sewn onto an item of clothing, or possibly eaten if it's chocolate.

University was slightly better - I happened to be reading a book about Eddie Jordan and one of my classmates knew who he was! Everyone else seemingly tuned out of the conversation as we briefly discussed the state of play in F1. Two years later, another student seriously proposed doing a study of the media reaction to the US Grand Prix 2005, but was dissuaded when the teacher discovered he knew next to nothing about the incident itself.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Last weekend, I realised someone with TV on campus (you have to pay license here in the UK, so I don't have one and watch the races later, on iplayer) must be watching the race, because I had my window open and could here the shriek of F1 engines at race hour. So I got up, went around snooping, found the place and knocked on their door.

4 guys were on PlayStation, playing an F1 game. When asked why they weren't watching the race, they said it was boring and that they had just borrowed the game from someone over the weekend to multi-play. Damn...
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Where I live, F1 is a button on a computer keyboard.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

tristan1117 wrote:Where I live, F1 is a button on a computer keyboard.

F1Rejects: For those people that just can't hit the help button effectively.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

thehemogoblin wrote:
tristan1117 wrote:Where I live, F1 is a button on a computer keyboard.

F1Rejects: For those people that just can't hit the help button effectively.

:lol: Absolutely brilliant, both you guys!

Tristan, I reckon you never got F3000 there!
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

The only two people I've ever found that were at all interested in F1 are my father and one guy at school. Now in college it's even worse-it's in the Midwest, 4 hours from Indianapolis and supposedly the center of US motorsports, and all I've found is one guy vaguely interested in NASCAR. F1 and Indy cars are a mystery to all... one guy even asked me if the Indy 500 was a NASCAR race :x
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

bduddy wrote:The only two people I've ever found that were at all interested in F1 are my father and one guy at school. Now in college it's even worse-it's in the Midwest, 4 hours from Indianapolis and supposedly the center of US motorsports, and all I've found is one guy vaguely interested in NASCAR. F1 and Indy cars are a mystery to all... one guy even asked me if the Indy 500 was a NASCAR race :x

If my Catholic friend knew what F1 was, I'd have him give you a Hail Mary.

Alas, I think I am the only person in this state that avidly follows F1.
Waris

Post by Waris »

Sad, but somehow mildly amusing posts in this topic. Life sure is hard being the only F1 fan in the neighborhood, huh?

Most of the people I see in real life have at least heard of F1, most of them know a couple of driver names, some even watch races now and then, but I doubt any of them is such a nutter for the sport as me. Luckily I met a guy in school a couple years back who was a racing driver, we had some interesting (albeit short) conversations about F1. I reckon he'll be in F1 some day, he was pretty good in the lower formulae.

Anyway, I'd like to meet more F1 crazy people. F1rejects is the best site, but there is one disadvantage to the forum, being: Previously I could just read articles and listen to podcasts whenever I wanted - the site wasn't (and still isn't) updated very frequently - so catching up was easy. Now there is communication, but that comes with the downside that I have to check this forum almost every day, to make sure I don't lag behind on lots of discussions...
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Waris wrote:Now there is communication, but that comes with the downside that I have to check this forum almost every day, to make sure I don't lag behind on lots of discussions...
Every day? Man I check this every four hours or so (except night, of course)! :lol:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Nuppiz wrote:
Waris wrote:Now there is communication, but that comes with the downside that I have to check this forum almost every day, to make sure I don't lag behind on lots of discussions...
Every day? Man I check this every four hours or so (except night, of course)! :lol:

I have the e-mail updates warning for forum responses. That shows in the number of posts. :D
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

My life scale looks something like this:

College
Drinking
another forum (I was there well before I was ever here)
Facebook
this forum

Those are the five things I seem to be doing the most these days.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Quite an addictive forum, isn't it? I've always got it running in the background at work.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Faustus wrote:Quite an addictive forum, isn't it? I've always got it running in the background at work.

It's beginning to consume me.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

thehemogoblin wrote:
Faustus wrote:Quite an addictive forum, isn't it? I've always got it running in the background at work.

It's beginning to consume me.

And it will take over your life and reduce you to a shivering mess.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

Faustus wrote:And it will take over your life and reduce you to a shivering mess.

No, that's women.
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

Paul Hayes wrote:
Faustus wrote:And it will take over your life and reduce you to a shivering mess.

No, that's women.

I laughed. Hard. I shouldn't have, but I did. Sheer brilliance.

This forum has become a place I frequent often, even more than two forums where I'm a moderator. I'm pathetic (like so many F1 careers).
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Paul Hayes wrote:

No, that's women.

It's getting to that point right now and we're not even going out yet...
Snoozey2

Post by Snoozey2 »

:evil:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Nuppiz wrote:

When I first read these posts, when this forum was barely a month or two old, I thought this was ridiculous. Now look at how many posts I have compared to everybody else...

(Biggest bump of a thread yet???)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

dr-baker wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:

When I first read these posts, when this forum was barely a month or two old, I thought this was ridiculous. Now look at how many posts I have compared to everybody else...

You certainly are contesting for it. It is the biggest bump I've seen on this forum. Admit it, you did it on purpose!
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

DanielPT wrote:
dr-baker wrote:When I first read these posts, when this forum was barely a month or two old, I thought this was ridiculous. Now look at how many posts I have compared to everybody else...

You certainly are contesting for it. It is the biggest bump I've seen on this forum. Admit it, you did it on purpose!

Partly. I was just browsing randomly, remembered reading the posts initially and what I thought at the time, and just HAD to comment!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

When I see old threads suddenly return to the top of the forum, I always think another spam bot has breached the defences. Or, wmetcalf is catching up on what he has missed...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

:lol: ;)
MCard LOLA
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Waris wrote:Sad, but somehow mildly amusing posts in this topic. Life sure is hard being the only F1 fan in the neighborhood, huh?

Tell me about it. I live in deep NASCAR territory, and most of them are very dry on intelligence when it comes to other motorsports. Every time I mention that I'm an F1 fan, they usaully ask me the question: "What do you think of Danika Patrick?". :roll: Which results in me having to bang my head on a desk, or some other flat hard object. If it wasn't for forums like this, I would have probably gone insane by now.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.