The Ali Dia Football/Soccer Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Aerospeed

Re: The Ali Dia Football/Soccer Thread

Post by Aerospeed »

Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

It would have been nice if it was 7-0. Then they would have won by a touchdown. ;)
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Yesterday, history was made in football terms. I have never witnessed anything like this at this level. A World Cup, the team with most history, one that has very good players and worst of all a team that is hosting it? Amazing.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

And that's why Brazil were so desperate to get Thiago Silva's suspension overturned. Elsewhere, PSG are desperately going through every bin they have, looking for the receipt for David Luiz...
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:And that's why Brazil were so desperate to get Thiago Silva's suspension overturned. Elsewhere, PSG are desperately going through every bin they have, looking for the receipt for David Luiz...

...and on last night's performance I wonder how he's even worth £5m, let alone the extra £45m that PSG paid...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

This is all I have to say about this match. Of course, the final becomes interesting: Who should the Brazilians cheer for? Their archrivals? The guys that send them home in 2010 or the guys that made the "Maracanazo" run for its money? Although I'd put my money on "not attending the final at all". :mrgreen:
MIA SAN MIA!
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Thanks Rated for making it :lol:
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Ferrarist wrote:This is all I have to say about this match. Of course, the final becomes interesting: Who should the Brazilians cheer for? Their archrivals? The guys that send them home in 2010 or the guys that made the "Maracanazo" run for its money? Although I'd put my money on "not attending the final at all". :mrgreen:

They will want the Germans to win the final by an equally crazy score. Argentina simply can't be allowed to win, and they'd much prefer Germany to hammer their opponent to lift the trophy, and make it look like the Selecao was taken apart by a team of superhumans, rather than the Brazilians just being unbelieveably bad.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Now after this madness, I guess it's time to watch a movie. :mrgreen:

good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

And Brazil is spared a riot (not to be in bad taste). The Netherlands continue with their accolade as being the Stirling Moss of the World Cup.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Oh boy, Argentina could legit win the World Cup this Sunday, in the Maracana. The rage from the Brazilian fans will be biblical if they do. :lol:

good_Ralf wrote:And Brazil is spared a riot (not to be in bad taste). The Netherlands continue with their accolade as being the Stirling Moss of the World Cup.

Spared a riot? Mate, if Argentina win, the riots will be massive. Brazil HATE Argentina.
Last edited by Londoner on 09 Jul 2014, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Well, Argentina just proved us all that you can play like shite for the all of the tournament and still reach the final.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Ever heard of Moacyr Barbosa? He gets the flak for causing Brazil to lose in 1950. Now that is being brought up again. :cry:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
takagi_for_the_win

So glad Holland didn't make it to the final. Only once, in the entire tournament, have they looked like actually using the depth of attacking talent that they possess, and that was in the Spain match. Since then, they've played nothing but defensive, play for penalties football and I for one am happy to see them out. I've said it since the start of the tournament, it's Germany's to lose.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:I've said it since the start of the tournament, it's Germany's to lose.

This. I was pretty wary of how tough the Germans would be, and they were the ones who I thought would most likely win the world cup even before it ever started. I don't see how Germany will not win against Argentina. But if Argentina wins, the cities are gonna burn.

Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

So history repeats itself...again. By the sound of things, Argentine aren't playing too well, but that's what they said about Chelsea's 2011-12 Champions League campaign. It'll be a tough game for Germany, but here's hoping that we can overcome Argentine...again.

Oh, and the biggest winner of the World Cup is...

Take that, Nike! :lol:
MIA SAN MIA!
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Miguel98 wrote:Well, Argentina just proved us all that you can play like shite for the all of the tournament and still reach the final.

Gives us, Portuguese, some hope right? ;)
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

DanielPT wrote:
Miguel98 wrote:Well, Argentina just proved us all that you can play like shite for the all of the tournament and still reach the final.

Gives us, Portuguese, some hope right? ;)

Well, yeah. :lol:
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Ferrarist wrote:So history repeats itself...again. By the sound of things, Argentine aren't playing too well, but that's what they said about Chelsea's 2011-12 Champions League campaign. It'll be a tough game for Germany, but here's hoping that we can overcome Argentine...again.

Oh, and the biggest winner of the World Cup is...

Take that, Nike! :lol:

Yeah, but in the end Chelsea managed to lose to Corinthians in the Fifa Club World Cup. And Corinthians played like Germany in that tournament, played as a team.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Wikipedia have put up what the 28 teams below 4th would be ranked like on a results perspective and here they are

5 Colombia C 5 4 0 1 12 12 4 +8
6 Belgium H 5 4 0 1 12 6 3 +3
7 France E 5 3 1 1 10 10 3 +7
8 Costa Rica D 5 2 3 0 9 5 2 +3
9 Chile B 4 2 1 1 7 6 4 +2
10 Mexico A 4 2 1 1 7 5 3 +2
11 Switzerland E 4 2 0 2 6 7 7 0
12 Uruguay D 4 2 0 2 6 4 6 -2
13 Greece C 4 1 2 1 5 3 5 -2
14 Algeria H 4 1 1 2 4 7 7 0
15 United States G 4 1 1 2 4 5 6 -1
16 Nigeria F 4 1 1 2 4 3 5 -2
17 Ecuador E 3 1 1 1 4 3 3 0
18 Portugal G 3 1 1 1 4 4 7 -3
19 Croatia A 3 1 0 2 3 6 6 0
20 Bosnia and Herzegovina F 3 1 0 2 3 4 4 0
21 Ivory Coast C 3 1 0 2 3 4 5 -1
22 Italy D 3 1 0 2 3 2 3 -1
23 Spain B 3 1 0 2 3 4 7 -3
24 Russia H 3 0 2 1 2 2 3 -1
25 Ghana G 3 0 1 2 1 4 6 -2
26 England D 3 0 1 2 1 2 4 -2
27 South Korea H 3 0 1 2 1 3 6 -3
28 Iran F 3 0 1 2 1 1 4 -3
29 Japan C 3 0 1 2 1 2 6 -4
30 Australia B 3 0 0 3 0 3 9 -6
31 Honduras E 3 0 0 3 0 1 8 -7
32 Cameroon A 3 0 0 3 0 1 9 -8

Here's the link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_ ... te_note-63
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Had a prediction contest regarding World Cup on Finnish forum. One question I included was to predict the worst team. Of the 12 participants the votes were:

Iran 6 votes
Costa Rica 3 votes
Algeria, Honduras, Cameroon 1 vote each

So after all one was correct. Four voters went badly wrong, especially three going for Costa Rica.
takagi_for_the_win

In non-World Cup news, Fulham have splashed out 11 million on Ross McCormack. 11 million. 3 million more than Löic Remy cost. There have been some dodgy transfers this summer (I'm not convinced 27 million for New Wayne Bridge is good business) but this takes the biscuit.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Bleu wrote:Had a prediction contest regarding World Cup on Finnish forum. One question I included was to predict the worst team. Of the 12 participants the votes were:

Iran 6 votes
Costa Rica 3 votes

So after all one was correct. Four voters went badly wrong, especially three going for Costa Rica.

I knew that it wouldn't be Australia. I said at work that it would probably be Cameroon given that they were imploding before the tournament even started.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Barbazza wrote:
Bleu wrote:Had a prediction contest regarding World Cup on Finnish forum. One question I included was to predict the worst team. Of the 12 participants the votes were:

Iran 6 votes
Costa Rica 3 votes

I knew that it wouldn't be Australia. I said at work that it would probably be Cameroon given that they were imploding before the tournament even started.

I'm surprised to see people voting for Costa Rica, since Mexico was almost out of world cup. (thanks to USA, who wins against Panana in the last minutes of the match) The rest of the votes seems legit.

But I missed badly too. I predicted Mexico to be the worst team of the World Cup.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Dj_bereta wrote:
Barbazza wrote:
Iran 6 votes
Costa Rica 3 votes

I'm surprised to see people voting for Costa Rica, since Mexico was almost out of world cup. (thanks to USA, who wins against Panana in the last minutes of the match) The rest of the votes seems legit.

But I missed badly too. I predicted Mexico to be the worst team of the World Cup.

How could you doubt this man?

The passion...
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Wikipedia have put up what the 28 teams below 4th would be ranked like on a results perspective and here they are

Interesting to see that Bosnia and Herzegovina end on an ex aecquo! The same thing previously happened to Serbia and Monenegro, and Trinidad and Tobago respectively :P
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

It will be a tough game for us,specially against a team who just winned 7-1.
Coincidince that our last final happens to be with Germany. :P
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Normal32 wrote:It will be a tough game for us,specially against a team who just winned 7-1.
Coincidince that our last final happens to be with Germany. :P

I wonder if Argentina will pick up two red cards in the final like they did in 1990. :P
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

Alexis Sanchez (any relation to Carlos Sanchez from Microprose World Circuit! :lol: :lol: :lol: ) is a Gunner!

Bit bias, but IMO a great signing. Can play in multiple positions, trickery and got leg speed, exactly what I mean

COYG
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:In non-World Cup news, Fulham have splashed out 11 million on Ross McCormack. 11 million. 3 million more than Löic Remy cost. There have been some dodgy transfers this summer (I'm not convinced 27 million for New Wayne Bridge is good business) but this takes the biscuit.

Haw you, get tae pal. It's an utter joke he's only had 11 games for Scotland. McCormack - Rhodes - Morrison should be the national team's default pick for the front three.

Quite surprised Sanchez went to Arsenal, for a long time I was afraid Juve would get the deal done and he'd be on his way back to Italy. But thank goodness it didn't turn out that way.

Also surprised to see Ashley Cole going to Roma. But hopefully it's good for me, maybe Serie A will finally get some more attention in the UK!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:In non-World Cup news, Fulham have splashed out 11 million on Ross McCormack. 11 million. 3 million more than Löic Remy cost. There have been some dodgy transfers this summer (I'm not convinced 27 million for New Wayne Bridge is good business) but this takes the biscuit.

That's Felix Magath for you. Deal with it! ;)
MIA SAN MIA!
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Ferrarist wrote:

That's Felix Magath for you. Deal with it! ;)

Oh, Quälix. Shine on, you crazy diamond. :D
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Biscione wrote:

Haw you, get tae pal. It's an utter joke he's only had 11 games for Scotland. McCormack - Rhodes - Morrison should be the national team's default pick for the front three.

And the good news is Rhodes has just committed his future to Blackburn! :D
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

I would not associate England with 'exciting', but for the rest, it seems close to the truth.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

15 minutes and... Holland are already up 2-0. Oh Brazil... You're making fool of yourselves. :lol:

mrfakeboullier

Post by mrfakeboullier »

In the last two world cups Germany beat Argentina (4-0 in 2010 and 4-2 on penalties in 2006) and won in 1990 (the first final to have a player sent off) 1-0 but lost in 1986 3-2
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Two irregular goals for Holland. Yeah, the referees are helping brazil in this world cup... :roll:
Frentzen127

Post by Frentzen127 »

Dj_bereta wrote:Two irregular goals for Holland. Yeah, the referees are helping brazil in this world cup... :roll:

You just hurtin' cuz you don't need the help anymore. Besides even if it wasn't a penalty Thiago should have been given a red but only gpt a yellow.
And the second goal was legitimate so what are you on about?
DEPORTIVO CA... pfft hahaha can't say that with a straight face!
Misses Minardi dearly. :(
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Hernanes doing the splits and poleaxing Robben :shock:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!