Conspiracy theories part 18

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
dr-baker

Re: Conspiracy theories part 18

Post by dr-baker »

And, of course, let us not forget what happened as recently as Canada (Mark Robinson) last year, and Monza 2000 (Paolo Gislimberti).
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

wsrgo wrote:There is really no need to be hostile. I'm sorry, I was just fielding a theory that hit me in the heat of the moment. It seems strange that yellow flags come up when a car stops off the track with a problem, but not in this case. I would like there to be discussion regarding this matter rather than...

petty

downright despicable

Oh boy. Where do we start with this?

The fact is, the insinuations you made against the Albert Park marshals were about as petty and as despicable as they come. You've effectively dragged their credibility and integrity right through an ocean of mud for nothing more than a cursory observation, utterly devoid of context, that you've somehow felt compelled to inflate to monstrous proportions. Indeed, the only possible reason I can think of as to why you felt obligated to do so was to generate controversy for the sake of it, and as they go, those expressions of opinion rank amongst the most senseless and the most damaging.

Now the respectable course of action would've been to issue a full apology for your groundless accusations; we've all said things that were horrifically malapropos in our lifetimes. What I find to be especially nettling is that after your frankly disingenuous apology, you immediately attempted to malign Wizzie for his employment of some relatively strong words in his refutation, whilst again attempting to draw attention to your categorically meaningless "discussion".

I'd suggest for you to take some time and reflect upon your words and actions.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

While wsrgo's post was pretty dumb, there are some pretty irrational reactions here ("Downright despicable"? Come on, dude). He doesn't need to apologise, what you need to do is recognise it as stupid, get over it and move on with your life.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Mexicola wrote:While wsrgo's post was pretty dumb, there are some pretty irrational reactions here ("Downright despicable"? Come on, dude). He doesn't need to apologise, what you need to do is recognise it as stupid, get over it and move on with your life.

Irrational? Hardly. The marshals do a fantastic job; they give up their own time so that 22 people can go racing. To make baseless accusations about the work they do just to inflate your own ego and develop an unfair "conspiracy theory" is quite frankly ridiculous. It's the same with any profession; if you were a surgeon, how pissed would you be if someone waltzed into the hospital and told everyone that "surgeons save as few lives as possible to reduce NHS costs" or something like that.

It's a horrendous thing to do. Wizzie is completely in the right here; he's marshalled a few times in his life, and he's got knowledge of what goes on with regards to "etiquette" and procedures.

wsrgo, you cannot possibly play the victim card in this. Your message was undeniably provocative; if you think Wizzie's being "hostile" for retorting with facts, perhaps you need to take a look at your own post to figure out why.

Common sense is sorely lacking sometimes.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

You're damn right they do a fantastic job, so why worry that one guy's opinion is going to overshadow all that? Because it's not. You're all making his post seem way more important than it is, when it really isn't worth your time because he clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.

wsrgo's being an idiot and you guys need to chill out. Let's leave it at that.
andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

dr-baker wrote:While I wish to side with Wizzie, it led me to recall a story that I can't find in a quick Google search. Immediately post the startline crash at the start of the 2002 Australian Grand Prix, the safety car was sent out while the mess was cleared up. I have heard it suggested that had Mark Webber not still been running, and in with a good chance of points after so many cars were eliminated, then the race may have been red-flagged instead, with the original start nul and void and everyone allowed to take the restart. The two situations are very different (you wouldn't send a safety car out in qualifying...), and I'm sure that if it were too dangerous for the safety car to be sent out, then it would not have happened regardless of Mark Webber still running, but still...

But I still wish to side with Wizzie on this... Because I have never worked as a marshall and he has!

The 2001 German Grand Prix was red-flagged, with Michael Schumacher retiring, but the decision to bring out the red flag was made after the cars had driven through the debris, and in my opinion, could've been handled under a safety-car, given how long the old Hockenheim was.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

wsrgo wrote:I know this is an Australian site, and I have nothing against Australia. I quite like Ricciardo, I was supporting him in the pole battle against Hamilton, and I was incensed when David Croft said "BRITAIN BEATS AUSTRALIA!!!" in a manner of jingoism reminiscent of a certain Mr Allen.

Jingoism? It was an off-the-cuff comment made in the heat of the event. I for my part found it quite funny. Besides, we need to get a bit of revenge over the Aussies after the drubbing they gave us in the Ashes over Christmas. :evil: :P
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

I am truly sorry. I never meant to generate any controversy for the sake of it. Wizzie, I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have answered you like that and as someone said, common sense was lacking in this case. I have never been an on-track marshal, heck, I've never even seen a Grand Prix live other than on the screen. It's just that I was a bit surprised as to why there were no yellow flags, at the time. Going through the situation again, I realised that bringing out yellow flags was unnecessary, and it would have spoiled a super quali. I guess Rosberg's own mistake on his first lap was the reason he didn't take pole, not the yellow flags thingy.

I guess a lot of it stems from simple attention-seeking, it's been a problem with me in other forums too, and on twitter as well. It was a wild theory which I came up with all of a sudden, and I knew I could not post in on f1fanatic or twitter, I would have been chastised for it. So I decided to post it here, not thinking twice about the magnitude of my allegation.

All the best to all the drivers, the track marshals and the teams for the race.
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

I must say something though...Grosjean stopped his car well on the grass, off the line, and there's yellows. Is it because it's a car, instead of just debris as was the case for the Kvyat incident in qualifying?
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

wsrgo wrote:I must say something though...Grosjean stopped his car well on the grass, off the line, and there's yellows. Is it because it's a car, instead of just debris as was the case for the Kvyat incident in qualifying?

Indeed. If it's a car stopped to the side of the track, we have to throw yellows out for it, no questions asked
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

Wizzie wrote:
wsrgo wrote:I must say something though...Grosjean stopped his car well on the grass, off the line, and there's yellows. Is it because it's a car, instead of just debris as was the case for the Kvyat incident in qualifying?

Indeed. If it's a car stopped to the side of the track, we have to throw yellows out for it, no questions asked

Ah okay, thanks.

the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

I know this is going to be shot down in about 30 seconds, but screw it, I'm in a bad mood.

The FIA can clearly be seen trying to make an effort to spice up the show (DRS, tyres, double points etc.)
Yet somehow, they're all too happy to ruin feel good results in favour of less popular drivers. I'm not just talking about Ricciardo's DSQ (which, bias aside, I maintain is too harsh a penalty), but about Red Bull's breaches of the regulations over the last few years, such as when they ran holes in their floor or had those fancy engine maps in 2012. On both occasions, Red Bull were found to have breached the regulations and gotten an advantage. What was their penalty? Oh, right, nothing. And so Vettel and Red Bull won the championships, neither of which were popular with the fans in general.
Yet here, when stripping RBR of the 18 points they earned for the WCC would be sufficient penalty, they choose to disqualify the driver who is already more popular than Vettel. Beyond the damage this'll do to the sport in Australia, this shows that the FIA clearly don't give a bathplug about the fans of F1. As usual.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

I can see where you're coming from, and I agree to some extent. It's going to make a lot of people angry, but at the end of the day the FIA are just enforcing the rules. Stupid rules, but rules nonetheless. Just remember that Ricciardo also benefited from the altered fuel consumption.

I don't think your post will be shot down though, because I can't imagine anyone being happy with this. But if blame is to be appointed, then blame Red Bull for blatantly breaking the rules despite being warned and blame the FIA for making the ridiculous, borderline retarded rule in the first place. I don't think it's fair to blame the FIA for disqualifying Daniel though.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Autosport says they are unsure why all the team's unreliabilty last weekend happened to Vettel. My question/conspiacy theory is: did they know previously why Webber got all they unreliabilty? They never put out a statement like this before for him... And if they did know, it never got fixed for him to Vettel levels did it?

Is this therefore evidence that thay knew Webber's car was more unreliable and chose not to fix it?! :o
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Waris

Post by Waris »

This is entirely out of nowhere, but I've been reading about Formula E a bit, and what with all this stuff going on about how the new F1 engines "don't sound like Formula 1" and whatnot, it occurred to me that maybe Formula E was what they originally wanted the new F1 regulations to be, but then they created a separate series because they realized it would never go over well with F1 fans?
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

(CNN) -- March 21, 2014
Despite better weather, the first of five search planes dispatched to look for floating debris that could
be related to missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 returned to base Friday without spotting anything of note.
The surveillance planes are looking for two objects photographed by a commercial satellite Sunday bobbing in the
remote and treacherous waters of the southern Indian Ocean more than 1,400 miles from the west coast of Australia.
Aircraft and a merchant ship scoured the area Thursday but found nothing in a search hindered by poor weather.
Flight 370 vanished 14 days ago with 239 people aboard, and the announcement Thursday by Australian officials that
they had spotted something raised hopes of a breakthrough in the frustrating search.

On Friday, Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott defended the decision to announce the find, saying that Australia owes
it to families of those missing "to give them information as soon as it's to hand, and I think I was doing that yesterday in the Parliament."
But he reiterated a warning that the two objects may not be related to the search for the plane.
"It could just be a container that has fallen off a ship," he said during a visit to Papua New Guinea. "We just don't know."

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/21/world ... ?hpt=hp_t1

Sepang boss says Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 leaves country in no mood for Formula One
No plans to cancel next stop on F1 calendar despite country's concern over missing plane
By: GMM on March 17, 2014

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/2014031 ... z2waxA92yC
Follow us: @AutoweekUSA on Twitter | AutoweekUSA on Facebook
LAT PHOTOGRAPHIC - Malaysia is set to host Formula One on March 30.

Malaysia is not in the mood for the Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang in Kuala Lumpur on March 30.
That is the admission of Sepang track chief Razlan Razali, even though he confirmed the race is on despite the country's
real focus being on the mystery of the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.
On March 8, the Boeing 777, its crew and 227 passengers disappeared en route from Kuala Lumpur to China,
and despite the involvement of 25 countries in the frantic search, the missing flight is still yet to be found.
Now, Malaysia is set to host the second round of F1's 2014 season.
"People are not in the mood for an event like this," Sepang chief executive Razali told the AFP news agency.
"Everywhere, be it on radio, newspaper, TV or social media, it is all about finding MH370."
However, Razali said there is no doubt the race will go on.
"Whatever it is, Formula One will go on and the concert after that will proceed, but we will be sensitive and not go overboard," he said.

It's a tragedy what has happened to those 239 souls on flight 370. I find it incredible that in our modern age we cannot find it/them.
Having been so long now since the disappearance, naturally many conspiracy theories are out there.
Not implying anything nor trying to make light/humor of the situation, but I just drew some strange parallels to the world of F1.
Graham Hill raced the Lola 370 in 1975, and died the same year in an airplane accident.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Hill#Death
-*:-
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

What if there never was anything in Hamilton's eye, and he's only making excuses?
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Jocke1 wrote:What if there never was anything in Hamilton's eye, and he's only making excuses?

The thought did cross my mind. I reckon drivers have done it before like a lazy spin into a gravel trap because they can't be bothered trundling round in 16th.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

FIA Thursday press conference - Austria;

I don't remember anything. I have no memories.
- Fernando Alonso

Alzheimer's disease
Alzheimer's disease (AD), also known in medical literature as Alzheimer disease, is the most common form of dementia. There is no cure for the disease, which worsens as it progresses, and eventually leads to death. It was first described by German psychiatrist and neuropathologist Alois Alzheimer in 1906 and was named after him. Most often, AD is diagnosed in people over 65 years of age, although the less-prevalent early-onset Alzheimer's can occur much earlier. In 2006, there were 26.6 million people worldwide with AD. Alzheimer's is predicted to affect 1 in 85 people globally by 2050.

Comparison of a normal aged brain (left) and the brain of a person with Alzheimer's (right).
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

Oh, dear

I failed to pick up the hint though. Maybe I'm thicker than Lewis and/or F1Pulse, I dunno..

Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Monday: Toto Wolff speaks out against double-points system
Wednesday: Toto Wolff injured in bike crash
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »