PMMF Planning Thread

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
Normal32

Re: PMMF Planning Thread

Post by Normal32 »

Shadaza wrote:I wish to run a second GPM2 championship but this time forcing all teams to run stock parts and either a stock engine or a selection of similar stat engines, this series will act as a feeder series. But I have yet to decide if this should be a feeder series to my non-canon Current 2001 MTBMW series or as part of the canon community.
Both ways have their own pros and cons and I wish to know what you guys think. I may even put the idea on hold if you guys feel we are currently over saturated.

I will love to see a GPM2 canon series.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

After many struggles in getting lawnmowers to work properly in rFactor and messing around with other mods as a result, I've thought about trying to keep Group A touring cars alive, specifically by running a 1988 WTCC season (and probably beyond). I've already thought some of it out, and there's a few things I need to take care of first (specifically the lawnmowers), but it should be able to be run at some point in the future, provided there's interest for it. Also, I would like to run it in the RWRS canon, but I want to check if everyone's alright with that.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:After many struggles in getting lawnmowers to work properly in rFactor and messing around with other mods as a result, I've thought about trying to keep Group A touring cars alive, specifically by running a 1988 WTCC season (and probably beyond). I've already thought some of it out, and there's a few things I need to take care of first (specifically the lawnmowers), but it should be able to be run at some point in the future, provided there's interest for it. Also, I would like to run it in the RWRS canon, but I want to check if everyone's alright with that.

It sounds interesting. If it's run in canon, it'll be a historic series, I hope? With ARST I don't feel we need a rival RWRS touring season, but a historic series from the late 80s/early 90s might really add something, because F1RGP2C and LifeGP/Rejects-1 aside, we don't have much in that era so far.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Biscione wrote:
the Masked Lapwing wrote:After many struggles in getting lawnmowers to work properly in rFactor and messing around with other mods as a result, I've thought about trying to keep Group A touring cars alive, specifically by running a 1988 WTCC season (and probably beyond). I've already thought some of it out, and there's a few things I need to take care of first (specifically the lawnmowers), but it should be able to be run at some point in the future, provided there's interest for it. Also, I would like to run it in the RWRS canon, but I want to check if everyone's alright with that.

It sounds interesting. If it's run in canon, it'll be a historic series, I hope? With ARST I don't feel we need a rival RWRS touring season, but a historic series from the late 80s/early 90s might really add something, because F1RGP2C and LifeGP/Rejects-1 aside, we don't have much in that era so far.

Agree with that! Might even give hopeless Marshal Jenkins a run out in some crapbox for a couple of races as a last roll of the dice! :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:
Biscione wrote:

Agree with that! Might even give hopeless Marshal Jenkins a run out in some crapbox for a couple of races as a last roll of the dice! :lol:

I can definitely see mafioso wheelman and used car salesman Antonio "Fat Tony" Bizzarri getting his fingers in the Alfa pie...

Image Image
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Biscione wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:
Biscione wrote:It sounds interesting. If it's run in canon, it'll be a historic series, I hope? With ARST I don't feel we need a rival RWRS touring season, but a historic series from the late 80s/early 90s might really add something, because F1RGP2C and LifeGP/Rejects-1 aside, we don't have much in that era so far.

I can definitely see mafioso wheelman and used car salesman Antonio "Fat Tony" Bizzarri getting his fingers in the Alfa pie...

I may even have Archibald (Fredrick Montague) March in some second-rate crap box
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

It'll definitely be a historical series, because that allows me run it to less of a schedule than the F3RWRS, which I think I've proven I struggle with :P
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

I would like to present a new idea i had about a new championship. Which i may running(starting in about 2-3 weeks)
The name would be something like "World Super Gt Master". The series is a result of the merger of DTM and Super GT. The result is a new series with races around the globe with the manufacturers from DTM(Audi, BMW, Mercedes) and the ones from SGT 500 class(Lexus, Honda, Nissan) beeing set for the first season, with new manufacturers possible to join. The races would be about 200km long with one race per weekend and a possible Endurance event over about 1000km once a season.
With regards to cars, the manufacturers named above would use the same models as they use right now in DTM or SGT. New manufacturers can choose a model. Engines will be limited to 500hp with any kind of (realistic) layout allowed.
It would be a non-cannon series but with no real life drivers. After the season every driver will be judged by the governing body(me). This judgement will then determine the salary for each driver for the next season. There would also be a drafting system during the silly season where every team could protect only 1 of their drivers from beeing drafted. All the other drivers than are drafted in a reversed team championship order which means the worst team get's the first draft and so on.

This are a few ideas. If you have further ideas please share it.
Btw. The biggest question is if people are interested in a series like this.(this is the main aim of this post)
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Hermann95 wrote:I would like to present a new idea i had about a new championship. Which i may running(starting in about 2-3 weeks)
The name would be something like "World Super Gt Master". The series is a result of the merger of DTM and Super GT. The result is a new series with races around the globe with the manufacturers from DTM(Audi, BMW, Mercedes) and the ones from SGT 500 class(Lexus, Honda, Nissan) beeing set for the first season, with new manufacturers possible to join. The races would be about 200km long with one race per weekend and a possible Endurance event over about 1000km once a season.
With regards to cars, the manufacturers named above would use the same models as they use right now in DTM or SGT. New manufacturers can choose a model. Engines will be limited to 500hp with any kind of (realistic) layout allowed.
It would be a non-cannon series but with no real life drivers. After the season every driver will be judged by the governing body(me). This judgement will then determine the salary for each driver for the next season. There would also be a drafting system during the silly season where every team could protect only 1 of their drivers from beeing drafted. All the other drivers than are drafted in a reversed team championship order which means the worst team get's the first draft and so on.

Btw. The biggest question is if people are interested in a series like this.(this is the main aim of this post)

Ah, great minds think alike! I had a proposed DTM series on the cards using Rfactor but I still don't have it yet. My series also featured Round sharing with the Indycar series, LMPC and the Renault Super Clio Series.
I had 50 races lined up but with each series doing 30 races including classics such as the Cadwell Park 1000km, Le Mans, Nurburgring, Bathurst, Spa, Sebring and Daytona to name just a few. FYI, I had My DTM races down at 125km which IIRC is what they are at now.

EDIT: I am really interested in your series, what are you running it on?
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

roblomas52 wrote:
Hermann95 wrote:I would like to present a new idea i had about a new championship. Which i may running(starting in about 2-3 weeks)

Ah, great minds think alike! I had a proposed DTM series on the cards using Rfactor but I still don't have it yet. My series also featured Round sharing with the Indycar series, LMPC and the Renault Super Clio Series.
I had 50 races lined up but with each series doing 30 races including classics such as the Cadwell Park 1000km, Le Mans, Nurburgring, Bathurst, Spa, Sebring and Daytona to name just a few. FYI, I had My DTM races down at 125km which IIRC is what they are at now.

EDIT: I am really interested in your series, what are you running it on?

If i run it i would use my own program, which i created for the second season of my F1 series. This program could be edited like i need it for pretty much every series.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

I will probably post a proper thread for this soon, but my idea is to have a 24 hour of Le Mans festival of speed.

The premises is that you can enter any car you can find a mod of for Rfactor (it must have headlights) into a huge 100+ car race. The winner will be the team that make the most places from qualifying rather than the actual overall race winner (though there will be a trophy for that too.) So you need to think of entering a reliable/slow/good race pace car rather than a fast but fragile qualifier.
Message me on Discord.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Shadaza wrote:I will probably post a proper thread for this soon, but my idea is to have a 24 hour of Le Mans festival of speed.

The premises is that you can enter any car you can find a mod of for Rfactor (it must have headlights) into a huge 100+ car race. The winner will be the team that make the most places from qualifying rather than the actual overall race winner (though there will be a trophy for that too.) So you need to think of entering a reliable/slow/good race pace car rather than a fast but fragile qualifier.

So if you qualify on pole/front row, you're pretty much screwed, right?! :lol: But yeah, sounds cool.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

dr-baker wrote:
Shadaza wrote:I will probably post a proper thread for this soon, but my idea is to have a 24 hour of Le Mans festival of speed.

So if you qualify on pole/front row, you're pretty much screwed, right?! :lol: But yeah, sounds cool.

I hope the pit garages at Le Mans are tall enough to fit my entry...

Image Image
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

I'm thinking of reviving the Rejects of Gran Turismo series... again :P. Here's the original thread if you can't remember the series.

I may consider running a series similar to this in a PC racing sim instead if there is enough interest - RACE 07 could be a good choice as it has a reasonable car and track selection, modding support, can run on older PC's and costs a grand total of $3.99 on Steam ($1.99 if you can pick it up in the sales that are currently running).
This is a cool spot.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I have RACE 07... somewhere...

It would be easier for me to compete with that than trying to get a half-decent save going for GT4 again, but I have less time than I did back when RoGT was being run, so I'll probably only compete now and again if it's run with any regularity.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

MinardiFan95 wrote:I'm thinking of reviving the Rejects of Gran Turismo series... again :P. Here's the original thread if you can't remember the series.

I may consider running a series similar to this in a PC racing sim instead if there is enough interest - RACE 07 could be a good choice as it has a reasonable car and track selection, modding support, can run on older PC's and costs a grand total of $3.99 on Steam ($1.99 if you can pick it up in the sales that are currently running).

Quite interested,however i can only do for console games due to my computer limitations,so count me in if you use GT.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
mrfakeboullier

Post by mrfakeboullier »

I'm thinking of starting a 'Zero race starts' management series where no one who has started an F1 race are the only people eligible for entry. Anyone interested
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I am, and have been for some time now, planning a cannon series to be run on rfactor or possibly GTR2. I just need to get the P.C upgraded. If you have ideas, please let me know.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

FMecha

Post by FMecha »

roblomas52 wrote:I am, and have been for some time now, planning a cannon series to be run on rfactor or possibly GTR2. I just need to get the P.C upgraded. If you have ideas, please let me know.

Non-canon would be a safer option, since you don't have any prior experience in running a series; just my two pennies. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

FMecha wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:I am, and have been for some time now, planning a cannon series to be run on rfactor or possibly GTR2. I just need to get the P.C upgraded. If you have ideas, please let me know.

Non-canon would be a safer option, since you don't have any prior experience in running a series; just my two pennies. :)

The reason it is canon is because I have decided what level of driver experience is required to race in the series.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

roblomas52 wrote:
FMecha wrote:

The reason it is canon is because I have decided what level of driver experience is required to race in the series.

That doesn't preclude it from being non-canon.
Everything's great.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

How about lawnmowers with only three wheels and 1500hp engines with nitro boost for overtaking opportunities?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

dr-baker wrote:

How about lawnmowers with only three wheels and 1500hp engines with nitro boost for overtaking opportunities?

I was thinking of DTM, sports prototypes, champ cars and Megane Eurocup.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

roblomas52 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

We still haven't seen a backwards-caravan-slalom championship i've been begging for :(
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:How about lawnmowers with only three wheels and 1500hp engines with nitro boost for overtaking opportunities?

We still haven't seen a backwards-caravan-slalom championship i've been begging for :(

I would happily settle for a DAF Achteruitrijden :)

Image Image
bsoyuz

Post by bsoyuz »

I was wondering about an Reject Stock Car Series. Mostly based around an idealistic vision of NASCAR, at least I didn't saw any Stock Car Series currently being run, not counting the Rejetrucks Super Series.

I'm mostly wondering if it will have any interest on it........
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

bsoyuz wrote:I was wondering about an Reject Stock Car Series. Mostly based around an idealistic vision of NASCAR, at least I didn't saw any Stock Car Series currently being run, not counting the Rejetrucks Super Series.

Auto reject super touring cup is run on NASCAR03.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

bsoyuz

Post by bsoyuz »

roblomas52 wrote:
bsoyuz wrote:I was wondering about an Reject Stock Car Series. Mostly based around an idealistic vision of NASCAR, at least I didn't saw any Stock Car Series currently being run, not counting the Rejetrucks Super Series.

Auto reject super touring cup is run on NASCAR03.

I know that the Super Touring Cup is being ran on NR2003, my idea is intended to be a Reject version of NASCAR. Basically running NR2003 too:

- Superspeedways only, or mostly
- A giant amount of big or idiotic crashes
- Most races being contested in the southern US
- Maybe (just maybe) an overseas race
- Something to the stereotype of NASCAR
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Well, then go for a proper Alt-NASCAR. The last thing we need is yet another (possibly short-lived, no offense) Reject-based series when our canon could do well with more real-life serieses.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

What about doing a canon International F3000 Championship/GP2 season
Officially Retired
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Klon wrote:Well, then go for a proper Alt-NASCAR. The last thing we need is yet another (possibly short-lived, no offense) Reject-based series when our canon could do well with more real-life serieses.

This, pretty much.
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

HawkAussie wrote:What about doing a canon International F3000 Championship/GP2 season

Unless I am very much mistaken, Klon is planning to start a GP2/F2 feeder for his F1 series himself soon.

Something that's always fallen flat on its face in canon is rallying. It's rarely covered at all. This is of course my fault, I tried to load up xkoranate beyond its limits and the whole thing fell over. But RRC died rather quickly too. Some sort of quality WRC type series would be wanted, at least in my opinion. But it's hard to do, as PC sims don't cover it much.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Biscione wrote:
HawkAussie wrote:What about doing a canon International F3000 Championship/GP2 season

Unless I am very much mistaken, Klon is planning to start a GP2/F2 feeder for his F1 series himself soon.

Something that's always fallen flat on its face in canon is rallying. It's rarely covered at all. This is of course my fault, I tried to load up xkoranate beyond its limits and the whole thing fell over. But RRC died rather quickly too. Some sort of quality WRC type series would be wanted, at least in my opinion. But it's hard to do, as PC sims don't cover it much.

That was Dark's fault for being all <banned picture> about it.

I can't really think of a way to simulate rallying, to be honest. The games out aren't particularly customisable, although I HAVE seen mods for CMR2.0 doing the rounds...might be an option for anyone who can get their heads around it.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Ataxia wrote:That was Dark's fault for being all <banned picture> about it.
Or, it's my fault for getting a life :lol:
Trump 2016
simonracer

Post by simonracer »

Ataxia wrote:I can't really think of a way to simulate rallying, to be honest. The games out aren't particularly customisable, although I HAVE seen mods for CMR2.0 doing the rounds...might be an option for anyone who can get their heads around it.

I know there's a utility that can be used to change the names for the drivers in CMR2, and actually, I have a few ideas about how you could simulate rallying with that as the basis, which I'd be willing to post if anyone's interested.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Biscione wrote:

Actually, I am not. I just would like to have a feeder series for Alt-F1 to have a place for draft picks and other youngsters. Unfortunately, my hands are full enough without having to learn to edit a new game (I am not running two serieses on GP2 again after the colossal problems caused by sXe). So if someone like HawkAussie is interested in providing said series, it'd be great.

Although obviously the canon would do well with rallying as well. In the end, I am happy either way.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Biscione wrote:Something that's always fallen flat on its face in canon is rallying. It's rarely covered at all. This is of course my fault, I tried to load up xkoranate beyond its limits and the whole thing fell over. But RRC died rather quickly too. Some sort of quality WRC type series would be wanted, at least in my opinion. But it's hard to do, as PC sims don't cover it much.

I think the only plausible option for a rallying series would be rFactor with the RallyWorld 4 mod. None of the WRC games would be suitable as whoever gets Loeb or Ogier's car will win everything and I'm not sure that Richard Burns Rally's AI can be edited.
This is a cool spot.
simonracer

Post by simonracer »

Actually, you can edit the driver stats & driver names for RBR (and also the co-driver names, too.)
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I don't know anything about RBR, but I don't think editing names in CMR2.0 is a great idea. While the rally mode was a little bit more randomised than arcade, still the same names would appear near the top of the results - 'Ingauld', 'Eriksson' (Kenneth Eriksson??), 'Kastis', etc, were always at the front. So it's mostly the same issues as the other WRC games.

Image Image
simonracer

Post by simonracer »

Biscione wrote:I don't know anything about RBR, but I don't think editing names in CMR2.0 is a great idea. While the rally mode was a little bit more randomised than arcade, still the same names would appear near the top of the results - 'Ingauld', 'Eriksson' (Kenneth Eriksson??), 'Kastis', etc, were always at the front. So it's mostly the same issues as the other WRC games.

And that's not the end of issues with CMR2.0. For one, I'm pretty certain you can't just let the AI run the race, you have to drive it yourself. Secondly, there aren't any AI retirements in CMR2.0.